Nitrates and ephedrine?

  1. Nitrates and ephedrine?


    Would stacking ephedrine with nitrates, negate the effectiveness of the nitrates ( in terms of vaso-dilation)?


  2. No.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  3. was actually thinking this same thing, using Condense as my source for caffeine in ECA stack
    Platinum Nutraceuticals company rep
    Xcel Sports Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    National Level NPC Competitor, C.P.T, S.S.N Inbox me any questions
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    No.
    I trust your answer, but would you mind elaborating why not?

  5. Didn't you say you were way ahead of me on this in the other thread? I'm confused .

    Nitrates are NO donors, and ephedrine may actually improve skeletal muscle vasodilation while exercising since it is a beta-agonist chiefly. Even if ephedrine was a significant vasoconstrictor, NO donation from nitrates occurs at higher rates in hypoxic regions, so nitrates would offset any local vasoconstriction.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  6. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Didn't you say you were way ahead of me on this in the other thread? I'm confused .

    Nitrates are NO donors, and ephedrine may actually improve skeletal muscle vasodilation while exercising since it is a beta-agonist chiefly. Even if ephedrine was a significant vasoconstrictor, NO donation from nitrates occurs at higher rates in hypoxic regions, so nitrates would offset any local vasoconstriction.
    Yea I guess I did say that.. That was my mistake..
    The answer you just gave just now is perfecto.. Thanks Coop

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mattys4 View Post
    was actually thinking this same thing, using Condense as my source for caffeine in ECA stack
    I have done this same thing and noticed no reduction in Vasodilation, particularly during the workout.
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net

  8. I know this is an old thread so if there's so response, it's all good. But isn't it characteristic of epinephrine to cause vaso-constriction?

  9. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    I know this is an old thread so if there's so response, it's all good. But isn't it characteristic of epinephrine to cause vaso-constriction?
    Epinephrine is a vasodilator, so no...
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  10. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Epinephrine is a vasodilator, so no...
    Okay, I had it in my notes that it increases renin secretion from the kidney, therefore increasing Angiotensin I (vaso-constrictor). And II would produce aldosterone to reabsorb sodium & water and in turn raising BP... You've mentioned previously that the body responds to exercise with vaso-dilation anyways, and that combined with the nitrates, would still yield optimal levels of blood flow..


    Edit: Perhaps it just diverts blood flow from non-essential organs to skeletal muscle..Therefore its both constriction and dilation.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by mcc23 View Post
    Okay, I had it in my notes that it increases renin secretion from the kidney, therefore increasing Angiotensin I (vaso-constrictor). And II would produce aldosterone to reabsorb sodium & water and in turn raising BP... You've mentioned previously that the body responds to exercise with vaso-dilation anyways, and that combined with the nitrates, would still yield optimal levels of blood flow..


    Edit: Perhaps it just diverts blood flow from non-essential organs to skeletal muscle..Therefore its both constriction and dilation.
    First, it is angiotensin II, not I, that is the strongest vasoconstrictor in the body. Second, yes epinephrine has that effect, but in skeletal muscle it is a vasodilator. This discussion is not about gi viscera and other regions. Exercise is a vasodilator BECAUSE of epinephrine secretion. Epinephrine increases preload as well, but nitrates reduce both preload and afterload.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  12. good discussion here
    Platinum Nutraceuticals company rep
    Xcel Sports Nutrition Sponsored Athlete
    National Level NPC Competitor, C.P.T, S.S.N Inbox me any questions

  13. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    First, it is angiotensin II, not I, that is the strongest vasoconstrictor in the body. Second, yes epinephrine has that effect, but in skeletal muscle it is a vasodilator. This discussion is not about gi viscera and other regions. Exercise is a vasodilator BECAUSE of epinephrine secretion. Epinephrine increases preload as well, but nitrates reduce both preload and afterload.
    Yes, II not I, that's my mistake. So the aldosterone secretion, Angiotensin II and thus vasoconstriction is isolated to non-skeletal muscle tissue following epinepherine secretion..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Arginine and Ephedrine, opposites?
    By zoomz in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 12:04 PM
  2. Clen and Ephedrine
    By bodybuildinguk in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 11:17 PM
  3. PSA test and ephedrine
    By WATERLOGGED in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-17-2005, 05:14 PM
  4. CEE and Ephedrine Hcl
    By chevelleman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Log in
Log in