1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Acne Relief!

Hey Everyone! I know its been talked about a lot and I should have listened but I never had a problem with acne. But since I've ruptured a disc in my back I've been taking a lot of vicatin for the pain, and for what ever reason I've been breaking out as if I'm on a steroid cycle or something. Just looking for tips and suggestions on products to help rid them off me.

Thanks for the Help!

2. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.07%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Topical Acetylcystine for Acne

Abstract

Among the large variety of effects of acetylcysteine, several of them relate to cutaneous function in general and to sebaceous activity in particular. Due to the latter, a study was undertaken to investigate a possible effect of this substance in grade I acne. An analysis of the data from 99 patients in a double-blind study demonstrated that 5% acetylcysteine topical gel is significantly superior to placebo (P = .04) in reducing comedo counts. Comparable results were obtained in both sexes. This study indicates that acetylcysteine is an effective therapeutic option for the treatment of mild to moderate acne.

PMID: 23346662
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%

Thanks for the info! Have you ever tried it?
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

My son was having some acne issues (and over the counter meds were not helping)... so got him Acnedren from Black Lion Research.. seems to have worked wonders... (he is 17 so felt it was safe)
  5. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

benzoyl peroxide, clindamyacin, tretinoin, tetracycline...fish oil
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%

Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    My son was having some acne issues (and over the counter meds were not helping)... so got him Acnedren from Black Lion Research.. seems to have worked wonders... (he is 17 so felt it was safe)
    Thanks for the referral. I just ordered acnedren from nutraplanet. I will update and let you all know how it works for me. my chest has looked like **** and my wife kee[ps giving me **** about it so I guess I will try this if not then I will try some of the other stuff. Thanks again
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

No worries, hope it works as well for you!
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

The acetylcysteine sounds interesting. For me, it was accutane back in the day. Maybe not the most safe, but I exhausted all other topicals and pills. I was at the point where my life was ruined, I refused to have a social life, etc. But i am extremely self coscious, even today,if I feel 1 pimple on my neck.. i hide at work! haha

Mike
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%

Quote Originally Posted by bulayer View Post
    Most teenagers and adults do not drink enough water. Dehydration leads to older-looking skin and possibly skin conditions like acne. If you drink milk and suffer from unclear skin, you may need to eliminate milk and dairy from your diet. You might have a food allergy, which could manifest as skin problems. Foods that spike your blood sugar, such as white bread, pastries and soda cause your pancreas to make extra insulin in an attempt to regulate blood sugar levels. But insulin also signals the sebaceous glands to manufacture and secrete an oily substance called sebum, which in elevated amounts causes the bacterium P. acnes to proliferate and clog up the hair follicles.
    I drink a ton of water alredy. I have slacked off on my diet for the past 4 months due to a ruptured disc and having surgery 2 weeks ago. The good thing is, it has cleared up a lot since I quit taking all the pain pills like I had been for 4 months. Thanks for all the info!
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%

Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    The acetylcysteine sounds interesting. For me, it was accutane back in the day. Maybe not the most safe, but I exhausted all other topicals and pills. I was at the point where my life was ruined, I refused to have a social life, etc. But i am extremely self coscious, even today,if I feel 1 pimple on my neck.. i hide at work! haha

Mike
    Haha, I hear ya Mike! Mine has never been bad. Its getting better already. I'm going on cycle here in about a month to try and heal my back up faster and I'm hoping the acne pills I got work for that. If they do I will be in love. But at same time when I go on cycle I eat very clean too so that should help aswell. Thanks for your thoughts Bro, and nomore hiding at work
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.3%

Sulfur is a good cheap, safe acne treatment. I dissolve MSM in distilled water then put it in a little spray bottle then spray it into my hands and run it on my face...works for rosacea too which I have as well. Can't post links just msm+rosacea and sulfur+acne if you want sources
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.37%

Does the sulfur treatment have the 'rotten egg' smell or do you mask it somehow?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.3%

Does the sulfur treatment have the 'rotten egg' smell or do you mask it somehow?
    No it smells fine...msm tastes horrible but is fairly odorless as far as I can tell
  14. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.37%

Thanks for the tip. Acnedren works for my son, but it would be nice to save the $.
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.37%

Probiotics and Garlic has helped my body fight off bacterial infections, and has greatly reduced any remaining acne.

I've also loaded up with at least 600 mg of EPA and DHA from fish oil and flax seed oil for their anti-inflammatory response.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.24%

drink lots of water. wash oily skin more frequently. all the above
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%

Thanks guys! The acnedral I got works, acne never been better and I get a couple hear and there but being that I'm on a lot of gear I will take it. It cleared up about week 2 on it and that's just taking 1 cap a day instead of 2
  18. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.37%

Quote Originally Posted by msrider View Post
    Thanks guys! The acnedral I got works, acne never been better and I get a couple hear and there but being that I'm on a lot of gear I will take it. It cleared up about week 2 on it and that's just taking 1 cap a day instead of 2
    Was this the Acnedren? or something else
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.45%

Was this the Acnedren? or something else
    Yeah that's it lol sorry bout that I forgot and just posted what I thought it was. Bad memory haha
  20. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  219 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.37%

No worries, was curious if you had found something else is all... Like you my son's cleared up on less than the recommended dosage.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.95%

lots lots of water, zinc, probiotic , time released b5 (1g is enough) and omega3.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.79%

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Topical Acetylcystine for Acne

Abstract

Among the large variety of effects of acetylcysteine, several of them relate to cutaneous function in general and to sebaceous activity in particular. Due to the latter, a study was undertaken to investigate a possible effect of this substance in grade I acne. An analysis of the data from 99 patients in a double-blind study demonstrated that 5% acetylcysteine topical gel is significantly superior to placebo (P = .04) in reducing comedo counts. Comparable results were obtained in both sexes. This study indicates that acetylcysteine is an effective therapeutic option for the treatment of mild to moderate acne.

PMID: 23346662
    where do we even find this...doesn't look like it'd need a script

Similar Forum Threads

1. Clear Up Your Acne!
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 09:42 PM
  2. Let acne clear before starting my cycle???
    By Crankin'steiN in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 06:37 PM
  3. Favorite Remedy for ACNE
    By Crankin'steiN in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 06:00 PM
  4. Excellent Acne Guide by Ryker77
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 01:31 PM
  5. Yet another Acne Topic