Vitamin D....

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,439
    Rep Power
    5913429
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  2. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    9,942
    Rep Power
    1141106

    So if i take vit d i will get fat?!?!
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  3. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,439
    Rep Power
    5913429

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    So if i take vit d i will get fat?!?!
    And lose LBM too? I don't know
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   
       

  4. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,761
    Rep Power
    2088886

    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipseGT View Post
    So if i take vit d i will get fat?!?!
    Doubtful.

    Adel has a personal beef with vitamin D and it is justifiably so considering how OVER recommended it is AND at extreme amounts.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  5. Registered User
    Dewey99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,687
    Rep Power
    3238570

    Interesting read either way...
  6. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,439
    Rep Power
    5913429

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Doubtful.

    Adel has a personal beef with vitamin D and it is justifiably so considering how OVER recommended it is AND at extreme amounts.
    Who is Adel? Author of suppversity? TBH I'd never even seen the website until I googled the name of the study in hopes of finding the FT
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,761
    Rep Power
    2088886

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Who is Adel? Author of suppversity? TBH I'd never even seen the website until I googled the name of the study in hopes of finding the FT
    Yes, I know him from another forum we are members of. Browse his blog some.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  8. On my grind
    Board Sponsor
    3clipseGT's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    9,942
    Rep Power
    1141106

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Doubtful.

    Adel has a personal beef with vitamin D and it is justifiably so considering how OVER recommended it is AND at extreme amounts.
    What would you say is extreme amounts?
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  9. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,081
    Rep Power
    3164581

    Insert Trauma1's massively extensive Vitamin D Posts
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  10. Registered User
    broons's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    483

    Well its a safe bet that many here supplement vitamin D. Are you all getting fatter and losing lbm?
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Grambo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,773
    Rep Power
    945021

    Yeah the 4,000iu in Dpol has made me obese. Now I know the problem....
    Head Purus Labs Rep
    www.Puruslabs.net
  12. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,439
    Rep Power
    5913429

    Quote Originally Posted by broons View Post
    Well its a safe bet that many here supplement vitamin D. Are you all getting fatter and losing lbm?
    Realistically, there's no way you'd be able to tell
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  13. Registered User
    broons's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    483

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69

    Realistically, there's no way you'd be able to tell
    Yeah I know I was mostly jesting lol
  14. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    1188909

    Know the author from another forum as well that I used to be highly active on. While I don't agree with everything, I always learn some things by reading his work.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  15. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    Just starting supplementing with it on Monday.
  16. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,439
    Rep Power
    5913429

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Know the author from another forum as well that I used to be highly active on. While I don't agree with everything, I always learn some things by reading his work.
    What's the forum/username?
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  17. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    1188909

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    What's the forum/username?
    I'll pm you
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  18. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,761
    Rep Power
    2088886

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoforce View Post
    Know the author from another forum as well that I used to be highly active on. While I don't agree with everything, I always learn some things by reading his work.
    yup
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  19. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    I'm not sure if it's just in head or not but since I started taking Vit d3 just this past Monday was my first dosage, my hunger seems to have gone up and I have much more energy. Usually I start to feel sleepy around 2 pm everyday and a lot of times I take a nap, but this week I haven't felt sleepy at all and hunger seems to be creeping up slowly. Could be just placebo though I guess.
  20. Registered User
    baldwanus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    69820

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I'm not sure if it's just in head or not but since I started taking Vit d3 just this past Monday was my first dosage, my hunger seems to have gone up and I have much more energy. Usually I start to feel sleepy around 2 pm everyday and a lot of times I take a nap, but this week I haven't felt sleepy at all and hunger seems to be creeping up slowly. Could be just placebo though I guess.
    out of curiosity, how much actual sunlight are you getting this time of year?

    i know for myself, i dont really supplement D3 in the summer, since im usually in the sun a decent ammount.....but once fall/winter rolls around i hop back on it
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  21. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    out of curiosity, how much actual sunlight are you getting this time of year?

    i know for myself, i dont really supplement D3 in the summer, since im usually in the sun a decent ammount.....but once fall/winter rolls around i hop back on it

    I go for hour long walks three times a week but that is about it as far as sun. Well unless you count walking to and from the car while shopping or doing errands.
  22. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    Never supplemented with it before, was quite apprehensive about it actually till I talked with mr.cooper.
  23. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    If I had to guess I would say this is just placebo at this point. Maybe if after another week or two I feel the same then it could be the d3.
  24. Registered User
    baldwanus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,230
    Rep Power
    69820

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I go for hour long walks three times a week but that is about it as far as sun. Well unless you count walking to and from the car while shopping or doing errands.
    well coop/josh correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure 10-15 minutes out in the sun and you'll be all set
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  25. Registered User
    sugardaddy69's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    29008

    If D3 increases testosterone no wonder your appetite would be increased as well, I have been using it for almost 3 years now only positive things to report so far
  26. Registered User
    Geoforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,876
    Rep Power
    1188909

    I'm another one who tends to supplement with D more in the winter than summer for obvious reasons. I do think it has an impact on my seasonal affective disorder, but that could literally all be in my head
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
  27. Registered User
    chimeranD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    96
    Rep Power
    1977

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    I go for hour long walks three times a week but that is about it as far as sun. Well unless you count walking to and from the car while shopping or doing errands.
    From my understanding it doesn't take much exposure at all to produce vitamin D, something like 15 minutes for a few thousand IU's, I highly doubt you'll have any problem with that exposure.
  28. Registered User
    neddo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Blacksburg, VA
    Age
    24
    Posts
    425
    Rep Power
    1125301

    Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    well coop/josh correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure 10-15 minutes out in the sun and you'll be all set
    It's 20-30 mins iirc.

    I'd only supplement in the fall/winter seasons.

    (small bump?)
  29. Registered User
    dondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    14443

    I been on HRT therapy since July, everything was okay, but then I started sliding off...less sperm, less erections and less thoughts about sex. I couldn't figure it out...till these past 2 weeks. I had stopped taking vit D and never really cared or thought about, I thought it was just one of those supplements that couldn't hurt. Without thinking about it, I started taking it again (the top of my refrigerator is like a *** store shelf) and all of a sudden, morning wood is back...started thinking about sex again...and blowing loads again. I couldn't figure it out, went over all my daily supplements...checked my test bottle, just about everything and then I realized that the only thing different was adding vit D. Vitamin D for me rocks.
  30. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,439
    Rep Power
    5913429

    Quote Originally Posted by dondon View Post
    I been on HRT therapy since July, everything was okay, but then I started sliding off...less sperm, less erections and less thoughts about sex. I couldn't figure it out...till these past 2 weeks. I had stopped taking vit D and never really cared or thought about, I thought it was just one of those supplements that couldn't hurt. Without thinking about it, I started taking it again (the top of my refrigerator is like a *** store shelf) and all of a sudden, morning wood is back...started thinking about sex again...and blowing loads again. I couldn't figure it out, went over all my daily supplements...checked my test bottle, just about everything and then I realized that the only thing different was adding vit D. Vitamin D for me rocks.
    What you are experiencing is called placebo. A vitamin D deficiency will take months to years to manifest, and about the same amount of time to be reversed.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  31. Registered User
    dondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    14443

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    What you are experiencing is called placebo. A vitamin D deficiency will take months to years to manifest, and about the same amount of time to be reversed.
    Placebo?? re-read what I wrote, I couldn't figure out what it was, I had to go over what it was that I did differently. If I knew what it was then I can vouch for a placebo. I took it without any expectations.
  32. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,439
    Rep Power
    5913429

    Quote Originally Posted by dondon View Post
    Placebo?? re-read what I wrote, I couldn't figure out what it was, I had to go over what it was that I did differently. If I knew what it was then I can vouch for a placebo. I took it without any expectations.
    You don't need concious expectations for placebo to be at play.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  33. Registered User
    broons's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    300
    Rep Power
    483

    Placebo or not, if its improved your quality of life then that's good for you.
  34. Registered User
    dondon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    14443

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    You don't need concious expectations for placebo to be at play.
    Okay, that may be right, but you just can't turn testosterone on and off, not like I witnessed. I been in this game a long time, I've had many supplements that worked and had some (actually most) that didn't work, so I do know what I'm experiencing is not placebo, its been consistent everyday.

    Quote Originally Posted by broons View Post
    Placebo or not, if its improved your quality of life then that's good for you.
    Its a life saver and it worked for me...the least expensive with the least expectation did the most for me, go figure.
  35. Registered User
    Quadzilla99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    414836

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelbolic View Post
    Vitamin D supplementation doesn't prevent or reduces symptoms and duration of the common cold when 25(OH)D levels are sufficient:
    jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1367547


    (Now need 150 posts to post links?!)
    The answer to that question is yes apparently
  36. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,439
    Rep Power
    5913429

    A deeper look into the paper of the OP is quite interesting. The Vit D group consumed more calories overall, and vit D seemed to stimulate appetite as the change in caloric consumption after 12 weeks was much higher in the vit D group.

    The vit D group had an obvious decline in PTH levels, showing that supplemental calcium and Vit D are sufficient for raising blood calcium levels (if you didn't already know this). Statistical significance isn't the be all, end all.

    BUUUUUUUT, here's a figure that ergolog conveniently left out in their latest article:



    So absolute fat mass trended towards an increase over placebo in the vit D group, yet the waist-to-hip ratio decreased. So ergolog's extrapolations are actually quite false. It would appear that vit D alters fat distribution and negatively affects overall body comp, as suppversity concluded.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  37. Registered User
    Quadzilla99's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  271 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    414836

    Should I stop taking my vitamin D?

    confuzzled...will stop for now
  38. Registered User
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Northeastern United States
    Posts
    15,475
    Rep Power
    4173039

    Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    Should I stop taking my vitamin D?

    confuzzled...will stop for now
    Yeah just for now or until there are more positive studies posted about it....Tomorrow or next week it will be recommended again. LMAO. Every-time the win blows a different direction. I'm sure if you search hard enough you can find as positive and negative studies on anything.
  39. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,761
    Rep Power
    2088886

    Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla99 View Post
    Should I stop taking my vitamin D?

    confuzzled...will stop for now
    No

    the lessen here is more is not always better. If you are vit D deficient then supplementation may be beneficial for you but if you are not AND are mega dosing vitD (which seems to be a popular trend) then it may NOT be as beneficial for you as one might think.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Yeah just for now or until there are more positive studies posted about it....Tomorrow or next week it will be recommended again. LMAO. Every-time the win blows a different direction. I'm sure if you search hard enough you can find as positive and negative studies on anything.
    I hate this mindset
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  40. Registered User
    Torobestia's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,199
    Rep Power
    141049

    coop, there's something I'd like to point out about that graph which you may have momentarily forgotten. In statistics, if you have error bars like that that intersect each other at any point between different bars/data points, it means there's no statistical significance. So what one is supposed to get out of that graph is that there is no significant change in either lean mass or fat mass during the experiment.
    Check your form: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/exercise-science/190675-proper-techniques.html
    Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/235436-tossing-weight-torobestia.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Vitamin C Pre-Workout?
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-25-2014, 07:31 AM
  2. Excess Vitamin A Harmful
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 06:54 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-23-2003, 12:50 PM
  4. Vitamin Source
    By DarCSA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2003, 09:26 PM
  5. vitamin e on cycle
    By sage in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-03-2002, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in