Not open for further replies.
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello again :) Yep, the Female Terminator is back, and this time she is preparing to COMPETE (finally). This log shall follow my preparation/progress for a couple of competitions (with a few photo shoots thrown in for motivation). The first competition is the NZFBB North Island Championships on 27 September 2008; where I want to WIN my class (top 3 in each class qualify for the Nationals), to make my second competition the NZFBB National Championships on 18 October 2008. I WON'T be preparing like most competitors do, as for the most part, my diet and training will NOT change too much from what I HAVE been doing. The only difference is that I will be practicing my posing and/or routine for 10-20 minutes 5-7 days a week; and yes, using a contest diet during the 8 days before my competition.

INTRODUCTION

Name: Rosie
Training Status: Highly Trained/Ex-Elite Athlete
Goal (of this phase): Maintain as much muscle mass as possible, while getting my bodyfat (BF) as low as genetically possible (I have set my competition bodyfat goal at 6%. I don't know whether it is genetically possible for me to actually get that low, so really, the aim is to GET AS LOW AS I CAN, WHATEVER it may be!)

CURRENT STATISTICS

Height - 156.6cm - i.e. 5'2"
Body mass - 50kg - i.e. 110 pounds
Body Composition – 8.5% BF

DIET

I use a calorie/CHO cycling method, but no specific diet as such, as I listen to my body. Therefore macronutrient ratios will change on a day-to-day basis. I will, however, NOT be cheating as much as I have allowed myself to, since I want to attain the best possible physique EVER so far, by the end of this particular phase...CHO sources will be primarily from oats, and sometimes basmati rice and kumara. Protein sources will be from Leppin Pro 4, tuna, chicken breast, lean beef, salmon, and sometimes egg whites and seafood (i.e. prawns, scallops, other types of fish). Fat sources will be from flaxseed or hempseed oil, natural peanut butter, and sometimes nuts and seeds (i.e. almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds).

SUPPLEMENTS

I will be using the following supplements:

RPM - 2 caps 40 min pre-gym (on NON-gym days - 2 caps 60 min pre-cardio).
NeoVar Recomped - 2 caps 40 min pre-gym, and 2 caps immediately post-gym, (on NON-gym days - 2 caps 40 min pre-cardio, and 2 caps immediately post-cardio); sometimes taking 4 caps last thing at night.
IGF-2 - 2 caps 40 min pre-gym, 2 caps 40 min pre-lunch, and 2 caps last thing at night. (Note that when I finish the Original IGF-2 I will start using the Recomped version and be dosing 3 caps first thing in the morning, and 3 caps last thing at night).
Lipotrophin-PM - 2 caps first thing in the morning, and 2 caps last thing at night.
Osteosport - 1 cap first thing in the morning, 1 cap 40 min pre-gym, 1 cap immediately post-gym, and 1 cap last thing at night (on NON-gym days - 1 cap first thing in the morning, 1 cap immediately post-cardio, 1 cap post-dinner, and 1 cap last thing at night). (Note that when I finish the beta-testing for Osteosport, I will INcrease the dosage to either 6 or 8 caps per day).
Poseidon-BA - 1 serve first thing in the morning, 1 serve 40 min pre-afternoon tea, and 1 serve last thing at night.
Calcium supplement - 1 cap post-breakfast.

TRAINING

Monday: 20 min HIIT + 20-30 min Stretch
Tuesday: 20-30 min Cardio + 20-30 min Stretch
Wednesday: 20 min HIIT + 20-30 min Stretch
Thursday: 20-30 min Cardio + 20-30 min Stretch
Friday: 20 min HIIT + 20-30 min Stretch
Saturday: 20-30 min Cardio + 20-30 min Stretch
Sunday: Either a DAY OFF or 20-30 min Cardio + 20-30 min Stretch

I will also be doing 4-5 Resistance sessions per week (they are not scheduled to a particular day, as this changes on a weekly basis).

All cardio sessions will be done either running or on the rollers (i.e. on my bike). Sometimes I may also do a boxing session or stairs, just to mix things up.

COMMENTS

Daily comments will be made on the following:

Sleep - Time and Quality
Mental Alertness/Focus
Energy
Motivation
Mood/Aggression
Libido
Joints
Endurance
Strength
Quality of Training
Pump and Vascularity
Muscle Hardness/Density
Body Composition and Look
Overall Sense of Feeling

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Good looking log as usual.. almost up to my standard :p

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
Of course you know I'm in babe...:)

Cheers!:cheers:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'll tag along.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Starting Pics

Before the log kicks off (for those of you that haven't read the last post of The Female Terminator Strikes Back Armed with AN's Ultimate Cutting Stacks), here are some pics of where I am at RIGHT NOW (i.e. taken today). It may not look like much (and the lighting doesn't help either, nor the fact that I feel 'soft' right now), but in person, you can really see the difference in muscle mass in my upper body from BEFORE I started my 'bulk' in February (not so much in my midsection or legs, but in upper back, delts, and arms)...Anyways, there will be more pics posted at intervals during this log, because of the photo shoots. But for now:

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
We cant all have a huge brain like the alians from Mars Attacks :p

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You know i'm down to follow along rosie! :)

Best of luck girl!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im in on this one too! Good luck girl! :bb3:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SimplyDraven

SimplyDraven

Awards
Forgive me for sounding extremely green, but I'm still trying to learn a lot of the BB lingo. When someone is talking about recomping or a recomp supp or cycle, what exactly are they referring to?

Thanks in advance for understanding my newbiness. :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Forgive me for sounding extremely green, but I'm still trying to learn a lot of the BB lingo. When someone is talking about recomping or a recomp supp or cycle, what exactly are they referring to?

Thanks in advance for understanding my newbiness. :)
It's all good. A 'Recomp cycle' is when you are trying to gain mass and strength, but you are also staying lean at the same time - i.e. you are neither cutting or bulking; pretty much Rosie's Recomping is she listens to her body and eats whatever, whenever, and gains muscle, loses fat, and increases her strength, power, and endurance all at once, albeit slowly. A 'Recomp supplement' is basically the SECOND version of a supplement - i.e. the ingredient profile has been changed to either produce different effects or to make the supplement MORE effective. Hope that helps. (And anyone feel free to speak up if you have a DIFFERENT interpretation of those terms).

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1

0810 - HIIT Rollers:
a. 4 min in 39x16 @ 110 rpm @ 75-80% HRmax
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy in 39x16 (HR at end of each effort @ 90-95% HRmax)
c. 2 min in 39x18 @ 110 rpm (HR dropped back to 75% HRmax)
d. 2 min in 39x16 @ 110 rpm @ 85% HRmax
Yes, later today. I couldn't wake up and stay awake and get up this morning. And yes, SHORT (because I had to be at school (and yes, I AM going to be turning up to EVERY class this semester) at 0900). But hey, as long as it's QUALITY, then short is fine...My hips, especially my right hip, hurt a LOT during each effort. Apart from that, the ride was good.

1835 - Stretch 20 min.

1930 - Tango Class 90 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0000-0700 (waking at 0315, 0325, and 0423), so ~7 hours sleep. So, yeah, I shall have to STOP our late night (or morning) conversations, else I may not be able to get up and train like I should be the next day (and we CAN'T have that now, can we :p). As it was, I was almost ready to pass out on you...But, yeah, sleep was DEEP as anything. Dreaming...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Well, the late start, and the rush through training, shower, and breakfast, and then having class from 0900-1500, yeah, made me alert. I was over the last half of the last class, and my brain did NOT want to be working any more. I have been 'tired' from ~2000, nearly falling asleep on my feet during tango class...

Energy: Been bouncing around like a fluffy duck (yeah, just to make you laugh :D) pretty much all day...Seriously, I was full of energy until ~2000...

Motivation: No one beats me up better than I can!

Mood/Aggression: Aggression setting in this evening (Grrrr)...Apart from that, I've been pretty ok for the better part of the day...Smiling talking to you...

Libido: Yes, it got high. And I'm trying to contain it...

Joints: Hips very sore during my HIIT this morning. Apart from that, everything has been fine.

Endurance: Never fails...

Strength: N/A.

Quality of Training: Quality, not quantity :)

Pump and Vascularity: Pump in legs after rollers...Vascularity prominent when running around like a hyperactive child, stressed, and running late...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Good.

Body Composition and Look: Looking better today than yesterday. Still some 'softness', but it tightens up during the day, looking the best at night...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Fatigued. VERY stressed...Like I have been hit by a train...But this is a GOOD train (at least ONE is, at any rate)...This is for you...
YouTube - Bionicle "Crashed" by Chris Daughtry

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
I know; I'm getting there. Got a few things to do first...
Strange how you feel less soft at night, where I, on the other hand, look best in the morning, carb depleted and dehydrated to an extent.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strange how you feel less soft at night, where I, on the other hand, look best in the morning, carb depleted and dehydrated to an extent.
Yeah, not sure why that is. I used to think I looked better in the morning, after I'd done training, etc., before breakfast. But these days, well, it's later, probably because I've just been up longer and busy...shrug...If I could explain why my body reacts and does the things it does, it would be great. But, I don't have those answers...

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, not sure why that is. I used to think I looked better in the morning, after I'd done training, etc., before breakfast. But these days, well, it's later, probably because I've just been up longer and busy...shrug...If I could explain why my body reacts and does the things it does, I would be fine :) But, as it is, in a constant state of flux it always is...
Well thats true, if I get up really early (not as early as you...) I also look smallish... no idea why this is... so maybe it has to do with time of day etc.. and possibly lighting at that time?

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this should be a good log rosie, I will also tag along, good luck

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I really enjoyed following along your last log, even though i did start following probably half way through. I'll defo be tagging along this time from the start! Good Luck!:thumbsup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well thats true, if I get up really early (not as early as you...) I also look smallish... no idea why this is... so maybe it has to do with time of day etc.. and possibly lighting at that time?
I'm not talking 'smallish', LOL. I'm talking about how tight and hard I look :p

this should be a good log rosie, I will also tag along, good luck
Thank you. Nice to have you along.

I really enjoyed following along your last log, even though i did start following probably half way through. I'll defo be tagging along this time from the start! Good Luck!:thumbsup:
Cheers, mate :)

Craigmatthew

Craigmatthew

Awards
  • Established
Well if you look tight and hard I always think you look bigger (more muscular) :p

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I missed your last log, but I am in on this one. Guess I owe it to you anyhow, you helped me with my dosing of my AN supps when I first joined the site lol. Thanks btw, gained 7 pounds in 3 weeks but had to stop due to medical reason that came up...

Good luck, Cant wait to see the clippings of you as the winner of the competition, you do have a scanner right?:thumbsup:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well if you look tight and hard I always think you look bigger (more muscular) :p
I guess. If you put it to mean more muscular, then yes. But generally I look more slender and petite when you can see my muscle better. Does that make sense?

I missed your last log, but I am in on this one. Guess I owe it to you anyhow, you helped me with my dosing of my AN supps when I first joined the site lol. Thanks btw, gained 7 pounds in 3 weeks but had to stop due to medical reason that came up...

Good luck, Cant wait to see the clippings of you as the winner of the competition, you do have a scanner right?:thumbsup:
Well, that's great on your gains! :)...Course I have a scanner, LOL. But there won't be clippings (bodybuilding is NOT a big thing over here in NZ), just photos.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2

0500 - Cycling:
a. 4 min @ Level 1 @ 75% HRmax
b. 4 min @ Level 2 @ 75-80% HRmax
c. 4 min @ Level 3 @ 80% HRmax
d. 4 min @ Level 4 @ 80-85% HRmax
e. 4 min @ Level 5 @ 85-90% HRmax
f. 4 min @ Level 6 @ 90-95% HRmax
g. 4 min @ Level 7 @ 90-95% HRmax
h. 4 min @ Level 8 @ 90-95% HRmax
i. 1 min @ Level 1 (HR dropped back to 75% HRmax)
So, yes, later today. And on the A-frame, since I have almost fallen off my bike the last few times, due to something (whether I am too fatigued, or just not focussed or what)...Decided to do the step protocol. The whole session was done in 39x18 at a cadence of 110 rpm. HR didn't really start rising to a level I was satisfied with until 16 minutes into the session, which was not too cool, but I had to 'deal'. As with yesterday (even though no 'efforts' were done), my hips were painful once again, the right one in particular. The superior anteriomedial aspect of my right knee was also 'niggling' after a while, but wasn't anything too bad. It was an ok session, and the longest cardio I have done in quite a while.

0600 - Full-Body (1 min recovery):
1. BB FS 3 x 10
2. BB BOR 3 x 10
3. Flat BB BP 3 x 10
4. DB SP 3 x 10
5. Dips 3 x 10
6. DB ZC 3 x 10
7. SCR 3 x 10
Yay, the LAST week of Full-Body sessions! Honestly, I think that they ARE taking MORE out of me than I realize...I almost collapsed on the last set of BB FS today (yes, bad), and then my entire legs were shaking so badly for the last few reps. I actually had to pause to regain myself after each of the last 3 reps of the last set; and was curled in a ball for a couple of minutes following racking the BB, because felt like I was going to pass out or something. So very UNlike me. Not good at all. But, the little girl soldiered on (would you expect anything LESS?)...Started off at a slightly lighter weight with BB BOR; but that was too easy, and I ended up increasing the weight by 16% and 14% respectively for the second and third set. Each rep in the last set was performed with good form, which I was pleased with, since the last two times I have used that particular weight, the last 2 reps have not quite been all the way up...Flat BB BP was easy today. My arms were burning like **** on the last set, but I gritted my teeth and thought of you, Sean, standing there NOT letting me settle for LESS than what I intended to do...I had to decrease the weight for each consecutive set of DB SP, as my shoulders and arms were absolutely shattered, which I wasn't too pleased with...Decided NOT to add any weight for my Dips. However, I did these with a tempo so SLOW that I don't know if I could have got more than 10 reps out even if I had wanted to...DB ZC were surprisingly EASY after the gruelling nature of the session up until then, which was a little weird...By SCR I felt as fresh and perky as anything, and they too, were easy (yes, even at 122kg - (i.e. 268.4lb), which is the end of the weight stack!)...So, overall, it was actually a VERY GOOD session. My strength is still increasing in parts, and fatigue is perhaps the reason for a performance decrease on some exercises...

0712 - Stretch 20 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2250-0350 (waking at 0315), so ~5 hours sleep. I turned the alarm off at 0315, planning on getting up at 0325, but didn't even HEAR THAT alarm! Seriously, I am starting to feel the effects of the last two weeks, now...Sleep was deep and full of dreams...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Had school this morning. Actually, I was pretty alert right up until ~1310, and then I like, 'crashed', and the next thing I knew I was waking up and it was 1407...

Energy: I had it, right up until, um yes...THAT...roundabout ~1310. I'm actually relieved that I DON'T have to work tonight, since it's taking classes, and well, I would be doing them, but feeling like shite.

Motivation: My first photo shoot is on Saturday, and yes, I want to look good (shall be interesting, to say the least), so my diet is VERY strict right now, and I am persevering, albeit not happily...

Mood/Aggression: No aggression today, really...Some of the stress has lifted slightly, so I'm smiling there (but the study stress still looms large and near)...Happy (despite how *****y I have been lately; and yes, I apologize) talking to you...

Libido: High, and definitely RISING, hard and fast and strong...

Joints: Hips 'achy' whilst on my bike this morning. Right knee giving some problems AFTER the gym, just favouring it a little, but not for long.

Endurance: Always there.

Strength: Maintaining.

Quality of Training: Cardio was good. Resistance session was, despite nearly collapsing, excellent.

Pump and Vascularity: I didn't have as much of a pump today, for some reason...Vascularity, however, just keeps getting BETTER, with knots and lines running all over my arms, hands, and legs...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Rosie's starting to LOOK (and not just feel) hard, now...

Body Composition and Look: I don't know why, but for the last few days, I have looked quite 'soft' in the morning, my 'look' hardening up as the day progresses. I have also felt a bit water bloated; not sure why, since I haven't been eating very high carbohydrates for the last couple of days (so shouldn't be retaining water from that), and am not menstruating (a rare event, IF it happens at all for Rosie), so, shrug...I DID notice today, though, at ~1030, that my jeans suddenly felt a lot looser than they have been...Odd...

Overall Sense of Feeling: A little fatigued. Still somewhat stressed, but not as much as I have been. Trying to get my head back in the game for study. Coping, really (you help make it a little easier :))...Making the most of what I can, and seeing what will BE...

Good Shepherd

Awards
This should be fun. I'll gladly follow along..Kick azz Rosie.

rolandajoint

rolandajoint

Awards
  • Established
definitely in. this will be my first rosie log :)

also, i think my girlfriend will like to read this as shes getting more and more interested in how female athletes train and eat.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This should be fun. I'll gladly follow along..Kick azz Rosie.
Hi there, Shepherd :)

definitely in. this will be my first rosie log :)

also, i think my girlfriend will like to read this as shes getting more and more interested in how female athletes train and eat.
Welcome aboard, then. It will be cool for your missus to read this. I will warn you, however, that the way I train and eat is NOT typical of how female athletes train and eat, as I am the anomaly to most things, and therefore train and eat to suit my needs, and because I know what works for my body!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3

0430 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 2.6km @ 5.37 min/km pace
Well, this was NOT the best of runs today. I only did 8 efforts, as my body was quite DISpleased with me, and I was having trouble breathing. The rest of my run after my efforts was at granny-speed (yes, embarrassing :eek:); but at least my hips were NOT giving me any problems.

0511 - Stretch 25 min.

0600 - Full-Body (1 min recovery, except for CG PU and Abs, which had 3 min and 30 sec respectively BETWEEN sets of THAT particular exercise):
1. BB BS 3 x 10
2. CG PU 3 x 10
3. P/U (feet on bench) 3 x 10
4. DB LR 3 x 10
5. O/H Cable Rope T/Ext 3 x 10
6. Standing Alt. DB BC 3 x 20 (i.e. 10 reps per side)
7. Abs 4 x [a. weighted crunch x 15, b. hanging knee raises x 10]
Another session down. This was better than yesterday. I wasn't near collapse, and the only issue I had was a pain in my left temple after DB LR (but no biggie)...BB BS, weight same as last week. Easy. Deep squats, all...Yep, FINALLY, all 3 sets of CG PU were done FULL and COMPLETE (no using 'knees' on even the last couple of reps of the last set!), and NO negatives at all. So, getting back to speed with these. That actually made my session, to be honest :)...P/U I did, and slowly as well, with hands a little closer together and not as far forward as usual...DB LR were good. Really seeing the separaion in my anterior and lateral delts here. And vascularity rippling :)...O/H Cable Rope T/Ext done at 20% heavier weight than last time I did these...Have NEVER done Standing Alt. DB BC before, but decided to do them as a change. Interesting. I was feeling the pump and burn in my biceps by the last set...Abs were good. Not feeling them, but I am sure I will TOMORROW...A good session...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2015-0303, so ~6.75 hours sleep. Deep. Dreaming. Easily asleep last night. Couldn't go BACK to sleep when I woke at 0303, so lay in bed until my alarm went off at 0315...

Mental Alertness/Focus: Yep, been there for pretty much the whole day. My head is buzzing with so much stuff that I need to compartmentalize everything...

Energy: Been running everywhere today (simply because of it being as windy as Wellington on a BAD day, wet, AND cold)...But, energy there...

Motivation: It's there, believe me; I have got my act together diet-wise. Finally...

Mood/Aggression: A funny mood today. A little out-of-sorts. High. Happy. Some tiredness. Other feelings...

Libido: There is no control over this tiger these days; it comes and goes at will...

Joints: All good...

Endurance: There.

Strength: Small gains.

Quality of Training: HIIT not so good. Resistance session AWESOME!

Pump and Vascularity: Got a good pump in the gym...Vascularity, I want it that good on Saturday, definitely...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Muscles looking harder all over :)

Body Composition and Look: Looked a bit 'soft' this morning, hardening and tightening up as the day progressed. Still that damned small belly (Grrrrr), but it's going, so...And delts and arms looking the best yet...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Still fatigued. Still stressed. But surprisingly, not letting it get to me...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4

0430 - Rollers:
20 min in 39x16 @ 110-112 rpm @ 80% HRmax
An ok session today. My right knee was hurting in the superior anteriomedial region from the start, which wasn't fun; but I pushed on anyways. I guess I COULD have kept on going, but decided not to, and take it 'easy'; perhaps give my body SOME chance at 'recovery'...

0519 - Stretch 20 min.

0600 - Full-Body (1 min recovery):
1. BB RD 3 x 15
2. BB BOR 3 x 10
3. P/U (feet on bench) 3 x 10
4. Inc DB RR 3 x 10
5. Dips 3 x 15
6. DB ZC 3 x 10
7. St. Alt. DB HC 3 x 10
Yes, HIGHER reps for BB RD this week. My body handled them rather well, too, I might add. And they definitely got my HR going, for sure...Left the weight on and did my BB BOR. My face got all flushed and heated during the first few reps of the first set, which was good. Made me feel like I was DOING something...P/U were just 'easy', so I did them superslow to make them harder...Inc DB RR were good. Strength levels maintaining here...Dips, used b/w again today, doing these super-super-SLOW, really feeling the strain on my triceps and the burn...Feeling the burn in my biceps on DB ZC. Seeing my brachial veins starting to 'pop' during these, becoming more noticeable as I went on...Pump and vascularity best by St. Alt. DB HC. Weight here increased from last week; good...An ok session. A few moments there where I felt disorientated, and had to sit down before I fell or stumbled over, but, hey, all good...

1020 - Work: CityAbs 25 min.

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2215-0315, so ~5 hours sleep. All deep and dark again.

Mental Alertness/Focus: I have been running around on 'nothing' all day; and crashed ~1330-1400.

Energy: Like I said, running around until mid-afternoon, from work to appointments, to prepping finishing touches for my shoot on Saturday...

Motivation: Is good right now. Looking at professional pics of fitness models makes me determined to look as good withOUT having to have my pics doctored (and I will; maybe not in this upcoming shoot, but in a few weeks, definitely...)

Mood/Aggression: The aggression came later today, out of nowhere...Until then I had not really much of any mood, as I had been too busy concentrating on everything I'd needed to do today. I started out smiling, talking to you. And then, wow, tears (where the **** did THEY come from? Damn, so NOT like Rosie to let herself be vulnerable...)

Libido: Um, yes...INSTANT...

Joints: Right knee hurt during the rollers session. Hips have been hurting since I finished work ('course, I have been running almost everywhere, so...)

Endurance: All there.

Strength: Good.

Quality of Training: My resistance sessions have all been absolutely AWESOME over the last few weeks, seriously. Cardio is a different story altogether (but the resistance sessions make up for it...)

Pump and Vascularity: Pump good as in the gym. Really feeling it from the first set of BB BOR...Vascularity was knotted as usual, and strong from the first set of BB BOR, but nothing special, as I would have expected, since I have started using RPM again (and today I took 4 caps 60 min pre-gym!)

Muscle Hardness/Density: Starting to look hard, just the way I LIKE it!

Body Composition and Look: My hams are definitely more noticeable now. And my midsection is starting to look better, with the lower abs almost flat...I got told that my "arms and legs are looking very muscular"...Soon I shall be where I WANT to be...Soon...

Overall Sense of Feeling: Fatigued, but I haven't slowed down enough today to really let it kick in yet...Life is rolling along nicely, but Rosie is not coasting by any means...Oh yeah, and the Napalm I ordered 6 weeks ago just arrived (yeah, like only a few minutes ago!), FINALLY, so yeah, shall be using that until it runs out, to see how it goes (should be interesting, John, considering how well it worked for you and how sceptical I am of such things; but hey, I'll give it a shot)...And YES, I WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 5

0430 - HIIT Run:
a. 4 min jogging
b. 8 x 20 sec effort/10 sec easy
c. 3km @ 5.7 min/km pace
Ok, so a ***** of a westerly wind today. I had a tailwind out, so that wasn't so bad. However, on waking I had the headache that plagued me all yesterday afternoon, evening, and even going to bed, which wasn't fun (that pain in my temples that just makes me want to claw it out; actually, when I was dosing RPM and NeoVar together pre-gym, this is the pain I got IN the gym, so, since am doing that again, could be why...) So, only did 8 efforts again today, to spare my head the pounding, and the body, since it was still moving at such a slow rate of knots. Yes, the running times are getting sooooo much SLOWER! ****! NOT happy at all. Ok, so next week Rosie's body needs SOME rest and recovery (but not TOO much, mind)...

0515 - Stretch 21 min.

0600 - Gym (2 min recovery between rounds of A, B, and C ONLY - i.e. NO recovery DURING rounds!):
Round A
1. CG PU 1 x 10
SUPERSET OF 2. Dips 3 x 10 and 3. DB ZC 3 x 10
TRISET OF 4. BB RD 3 x 10 with 5. BB BOR 3 x 10 and 6. P/U (regular, feet on floor)
Round B
1. BB BOR 1 x 10
SUPERSET OF 2. BB FS 1 x 6 with 3. BB BS 1 x 6
SUPERSET OF 4. St. Alt. DB BC 2 x 12 with 5. DB LR 2 x 6
Round C
1. Cable Flyes 1 x 10
SUPERSET OF 2. Plyometric Box Jumps (right-left) 2 x 40 with 3. BB BC 2 x 10
TRISET OF 4. BB FS 1 x 6 with 5. BB BS 1 x 6 and 6. BB O/H Press 1 x 6
Yes, a VERY different session today. It wasn't actually a TRAINING session, per se, but more me trying a few different combinations of things to see what would give me the best warm-up/pump, etc. for my photo shoot tomorrow morning (which is why it is a bit all over the palce and random as). As it was, my heart was racing throughout the entire session, and my head was screaming in pain, and I almost collapsed several times, and the only area that really seemed to get much of a pump were my legs (although vascularity in arms DID come out, albeit much later than usual and much LESS than expected). So, yes, an interesting session...And yes, I shall be doing a PROPER session (the last Full-Body) on either Saturday or Sunday...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2115-0315, so ~6 hours sleep. Woke up just before my alarm, actually. Woke up with a screaming head (GRRRRR!) and feeling like absolute SHITE. Ah well, them's the kicks you get in life; you learn to take them with the highs...

Mental Alertness/Focus: There once I had my post-gym nap from ~0720-0810 (yes, I just lay down on the couch and passed the **** out (as you would put it) LOL). Had to get a few things handed in for school (yes, ALREADY), so, despite NOT really wanting to have to think TOO much today, managed them fairly early on...

Energy: Not actually had a lot. Done what I've needed to do. I am seriously hoping that I am ok tomorrow (and at least be able to SMILE, for ****'s sake!)

Motivation: SO SO THERE. My diet has been 100% spot on (and then some) so far this week, and I am soooo looking forward to having a cheat meal tomorrow night, well after the shoot and looking after my rugby boys, and then going to see a movie...

Mood/Aggression: No aggression. Fairly calm and 'happy'. TIRED.

Libido: Yes, well you DO get me going :D

Joints: Knees were both aching this morning during my run, but nothing too major.

Endurance: Ok.

Quality of Training: Not the best, today. The body needs some rest sometime soon.

Pump and Vascularity: Not much of a pump (I had better have a GOOD one tomorrow!)...Vascularity ok, although not as good as usual, and not as good as I would expect after having had 4 caps of RPM pre-gym...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Looking harder. Definitely much more attractive to look at than something 'soft', LOL.

Body Composition and Look: Tightening up well (best look good tomorrow!) Everything looking better. Almost NO belly whatsoever (see, amazing what a difference a few days of excellent diet can do!) Actually almost pleased with how I'm looking. I could be leaner and harder and less 'big' (lower half; measurements still are NOT changing there, although my trousers are DEFINITELY LOOSER!), but hey, no complaints. I shall be SO where I want to be by competition ( even BETTER!) AWESOMENESS! :)

Overall Sense of Feeling: Still fatigued as ****, and definitely looking forward to being able to 'ease back' a little next week (although, apart from my resistance sessions this week, I've felt like ALL my training has been at 'recovery' level). Feeling POSITIVE, though, so that's GOOD...And yes, missing you like **** as well!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 6

So, NO training today. Instead, I had my first photo shoot this morning. Little nervous. Little excited. It was most definitely a LEARNING experience; I will be doing more to get that 'natural' model look (I know that if I work hard enough at it I'll be fine). So, yes, didn't follow much of a routine to 'warm-up/get pumped', etc. before the shoot, as the photographer was more trying to get the right lighting; and ended up doing a few DIFFERENT things than was planned on (the photographer made me real comfortable, which is a GOOD thing). But, it turned out ok in the end. There are some good pics there (and yes, Jammie and crew, I will be sending them through as soon as I can). So, I have another shoot (completely different than this session) next weekend. MORE 'practice' (bring it ON!) :)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2115-0315, so ~6 hours sleep. Deep. Woke feeling like absolute shite, though; with eyes as bloodshot as anything (and they're still like that NOW!)

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there, done that. Modelling is a LOT harder than you'd think!

Energy: Actually, not had a lot today. I was almost passing out in the gym during my photo shoot this morning! Didn't run around much at the rugby this afternoon, either (although I WAS in a HIGH mood; possible sleep deprivation and stress, LOL)...I hope I'm ok for training tomorrow!

Motivation: After seeing the pics from the shoot, I SO want to get my body looking so MUCH BETTER! (Yes, NOT at all happy with how I looked! Grrrrr...)

Mood/Aggression: No aggression. Ok mood, though. One of the boys asked me if I had had anything to DRINK before going to the game

Libido: Um, felt too much like shite for this to emerge...Although, was starting to feel it a little after the rugby...

Joints: Ok (but done no training today...)

Endurance: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: Not had much of a pump today. NONE, actually...Vascularity not that great either. Until I was at the rugby! Where was that during my shoot? GRRRR...

Muscle Hardness/Density: Legs looked ok. Arms looked ok, too.

Body Composition and Look: GRRRRR...I was NOT happy with how I looked at all today. Yes, I am lean. Yes, I have muscle. But yes, I look better in PERSON than I do in photos (at least today; argh!) After seeing them, I can admit, though, that I am not as bad as I thought I was; but I am FAR from where I want to be, too! So start working HARDER (and I mean, STRICT DIET!)

Overall Sense of Feeling: Have been pretty fatigued...High...Happy...My boys WON today (yay! Finally, they are pulling their game together for the second round!)...And yes, my sweets, we shall indeed get through this...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 7

0921 - Treadmill:
a. 5 min @ 5 min/km pace
b. 5 min @ 4.36 min/km pace
c. 5 min @ 4.16 min/km pace
I WAS tempted to do absolutely NOTHING today, since my body (especially hips and legs) was in such AGONY! And, even if I may not think so, per se, Friday really DOES count as a resistance session, which already makes 4 Full-Body sessions for the week (and yesterday was by no means easy, either, holding a weight for 5-10 min (yes, I had to DEcrease the weights after a while, and they are so far from what I would normally do, but...) at a time...Ended up just doing 3.2km (i.e. 2 miles), and then soooo glad to get off the treadmill and TRY to relax the body with stretching.

0943 - Stretch/Abs:
a. Stretch 10 min
b. Abs - 2 x [a. knee-ups x 25, b. knee-ins x 25] (30 sec recovery), 1 x 60 sec bridge
c. Stretch 11 min
Did Abs today, because I've only done them once this week; but did 'easy' exercises, because I can feel my abs from all the 'core' exericses I have been doing in my resistance sessions, and because my 20-min CityAbs class on Thursday morning was HARD as...Stretching was ok; the usual...

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~0020-0650 (waking at 0315), so ~6.5 hours. Went to bed pretty late (0008), but was asleep not long after that (I was shattered, I tell you!) Sleep was deep and peaceful. But when I woke up, it was to PAIN!

Mental Alertness/Focus: Ok. Not wanting to think much today. Every movement is a grimace...

Energy: Fatigued. Body NOT wanting to do much. I ended up passing out for ~2 hours at ~1430 (yes, straight after talking to you...)

Motivation: To get my body looking at its best, most DEFINITELY!

Mood/Aggression: No aggression. Just frustration at the way my body is feeling (well, what DID you EXPECT, girl, after 3 weeks like you've just had? ****!)

Libido: There, in some shape or form...

Joints: I can't remember the last time I have been in so much pain, my hips especially (the rest is mostly muscular). Even just doing NOTHING, but either sitting or lying anywhere is AGONY (Grit your teeth, smile, and bear it, woman! That's what YOU do!)

Endurance: Passable (barely...)

Quality of Training: Not the best. But at least I did SOMETHING...

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity awesome (where was that YESTERDAY morning? Grrrrr...)

Muscle Hardness/Density: Legs are hard as anything (and sore, too!)

Body Composition and Look: Ok, so yes, I may be a little hard on myself, Sean; but that's the way it is. Looking at the pics from yesterday, I can be happy with how I look in SOME of them (just wish I'd made sure the strings were STRAIGHT, though, LOL, because in the BEST picss they are twisted some, damnit!)...Looking better TODAY than yesterday, to be honest. But hey, them's the kicks; you roll with life's punches...

Overall Sense of Feeling: A little relieved that the FIRST photo shoot is over and done with. Now I know what I need to work on, and can get more experience. Not 'camera shy' any longer, though. And going to do a shoot on either Saturday or Sunday every weekend (or every second weekend) for the next few months to get that experience and experiment, etc. So, fun times ahead...Yes, still feeling extremely shattered as well...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Notes on Week 1

Diet

Diet was different this week, simply for preparation for the photo shoot. I was actually eating far MORE than I would if I was trying to either 'cut' or be 'good', but it was ALL CLEAN food and no simple sugars or salt, and I felt like I was eating next to nothing, even though on average it was 2500-3000 calories a day! However, I will be 'experimenting' over the next few weeks as to what will make me look best for future shoots and competition. Apart from that, diet shall be pretty much clean as anything, with only ONE cheat day (aiming for one MEAL; but baby steps first) a week...

Supplements

Adding the RPM back in has given me migraines so painful that I've been wanting to claw my head to pieces some days, so I will give it another small break and then try again to see what happens...I will also be 'off-cycle' on IGF-2 for the next 2 weeks...

Training

Next week it will be back to doing Arms, Back, Chest, and Shoulders resistance sessions (Abs twice a week in there somewhere); NO more Legs! I will change my resistance programmes every 3-4 weeks until the NZFBB National Championships...I will also start posing practice tomorrow, and do that 4-5 days a week, starting with 10-20 minutes a session, and gradually increasing the duration up to 30-40 minutes closer to competition...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 8

Today was a COMPLETE DAY OFF! My body has been needing this for a while now (better start LISTENING, then, girl!) I DO have Tango class from 1930-2100 tonight, but my hips and legs are still in sooo much pain that even walking is like being a little old lady. So, missing it, and hopefully can catch up next week...I was supposed to start posing too today, but my abs, hips, and lower body is still in such a delicate (I almost dare to say 'fragile) state right now (and man, yes I HATE to admit that!)

Sleep - Time and Quality: ~2150-0650 (waking at 0315), so ~9 hours sleep. Back to the 9 hours, huh. At least the sleep was deep and restful. Still woke in agony, and I hadn't even moved yet!

Mental Alertness/Focus: Been there. But in truth, been too fatigued to be too focussed on anything. It was just lectures, and testing a client for whom I will be writing a 10-week rehabilitation programme...

Energy: None, today. That's why it's my Day OFF this week!

Motivation: Back. I want the next shoot's pics to be closer (if not there) to the 'wow' factor I want my pics to inspire...

Mood/Aggression: Aggression in unimaginably LARGE amounts. Tears, too (damnit, where are they coming from!) And some smiles. Rosie bouncing off the walls so much that my client was like, 'um, ok...' (LOL)...From the highest heights to the deepest depths and back up again in a MOMENT...

Libido: Not much of this today. Up and down, like my moods...

Joints: PAIN! Hips, the most! Doing NOTHING hurts! :(

Endurance: N/A.

Quality of Training: N/A.

Pump and Vascularity: No pump...Vascularity average, today...

Muscle Hardness/Density: How can I NOT feel the hardness in my legs?

Body Composition and Look: Grrrrr...But I AM getting BETTER...By my first competition I shall have COMPLETE SATISFACTION with my body!

Overall Sense of Feeling: Stressed beyond belief (and the fatigue is NOT helping!)...There are small strips of light however, when I'm eating or talking to you (yeah, thought you might get a kick out of that :p)...Still, NOT in the headspace for study, though and I so NEED to be...)

Status
Not open for further replies.