DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok here are the before pics.

Kris_July_17_2008_SIDEs - My Photo Gallery

I am creating this log because I am tired of people coming on to these boards and looking for the miracle pill. They are mostly just looking for an easy way out and I intend so prove once and for all that nothing but diet hard work and balls are required to make phenomenal gains in both strength and muscle, especially if you are young.

The subject is my son who has not lifted in over a year in which time he has grown rather weak and pudgy (before pics will be forthcoming). Yes he was once very strong and had to hang it up for a while because of injury.

He weighs in at around 245 and still shows signs of good muscle size. His lifts are not impressive at this time, he maybe could bench in the neighborhood of 200 lbs. His squats will have to wait for a bit because of his back being worked on but that will start in a month or so.

His goal is to remain at around 240 with significantly lower body fat and far greater strength. We hope to have his squats up to around 400-500 lbs in the next 4 months and then we’ll see after that. His potential is much higher as he is a beast when it comes to deads and squats.

Diet is a 40/40/20 at around 3500 calories, he is and endo so this should be good recomp level.

Last edited:
Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
subbed! looking forward to this!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As am I..

He is a real monster and I've had him doing massive lifts when he was younger so I expect big things. This time he will be training more bodybuilding style.

stl123

stl123

Awards
  • Established
Great idea brotha!!! :clap2: Sub'd for sure!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...nothing but diet, hard work, and balls are required to make phenomenal gains in both strength and muscle...
:goodpost: All hands in the air and a big woohoo for the man!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not a lot to report so far, he made it through the first week, his diet has been 75-80% which is not bad for the early going, besides have to leave room for improvement eh...

Lifting has been light and I am telling him I don't want him pushing too hard at first, we will slowly increase the weight. I want him to start core ab training to prepare for squats but his chiro says no not yet, hopefully soon. This will consist of a lot of work with the medicine ball.

I do believe I have seen some small changes, one thing for sure is that he has a lot of power waiting to be tapped. He will excell when we get into heavy lifting.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tried adding the before pics but can't see them. They are in my AM space if anyone is interested. He weighed in at 247 so we'll take him down to 240 over the next 14 weeks. We have him eating around maintenance like I said so weight loss will be slow but will be adding some good muslce as well.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a little update, things continue to go well. 2 more weeks and I will give him a week off. He has leaned out quite a bit already and the strength is slowly returning.

When he comes back from his break I hope to get into some core training.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another update.

His size has really increased in the last 4 weeks man he's much broader no doubt.

Strength is definitely up and he's been cleared to do core lifts so we'll wrap up what were doing this week and give him a week off and start more hard core when he gets back. This is where he'll really start to take off, get into the 3rd or 4th week of core training and he'll really increase in strength. The peliminaries are over.

He has gotten leaner but he's cheating on his diet a bit so that is going to hamper his progress in this department. I can only tell him what to do I can't make him do it. He's around the same weight now with quite a bit more size so the results are still pretty good.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
good to hear! looking forward to the next update

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok he's coming back Sunday to start an 8 week run. He has been cleared to work Core lifts but I may not incorporate squats in the first 4 weeks I may use that time to increase his core stability, will feel it out maybe some light squatting won't hurt.

It's really amazing how much bigger he got in that first 5 weeks I estimate about 7 lbs of lean mass it's quite amazing. Thank God for muscle memory. That's why I am doing this log though to show how much you can do supplement free especially when you young. I am not against supps as you guys well know, I just want to create a greater understanding of where hard work leaves off and supps take over. I will prove that when your young you don't really need much supplementation. I be buildin monster... hehheheh

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
...That's why I am doing this log though to show how much you can do supplement free especially when you young. I am not against supps as you guys well know, I just want to create a greater understanding of where hard work leaves off and supps take over. I will prove that when your young you don't really need much supplementation...
I completely agree there, DW. IMO, anyone younger than 18 years should NOT try experimenting with supplements of any kind (except perhaps the staples of a multivitamin and/or creatine), especially if they are starting out (not that your son is; but most are), or have never used anything before. Build a solid base with training, get understanding of proper nutriton, and then learn how to manipulate those variables to maximize your gains, and then, after that, maybe then's the time to add supplements into the mix.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Im in just for the spelling of his name.........:)

Good luck!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He came back to town yesterday, and I was pleased to say that he definitely looked leaner. I put him on the scale and he weighed 248.4 which is up a bit so he might be up to as much as 10 extra lbs lean mass, cuz he looks a lot bigger.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well his body compositon continues to improve, we seem to be right on track.

It was funny in the gym yesterday as he has tremendous power but when you have him doing isolation which he has no experience with whatsoever, I am the stronger lifter. All his lifting has been for power so some of the exercises are foreign to his style of training, it's odd to see someone I've seen squat in the mid 500's when he just turned 18 have a tough time with 30 lb dumbells.. lol

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
Missed this the first time around. Sounds interesting! I'm in! Good luck to your son, DW! :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome aboard, yah I think this is an important log, not only will it help us to show how much the body is capable supplement free but to help us to use our supplements more wisely. It's important to know where we leave off and supplements kick in. It helps us to discern what to use, when to use it and to what extent.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well this has been a very successful endeavor. I have seen very impressive gains in his size, wow nice to be young. There has also been some fat loss but this is not his best talent. He is a chunky guy and performs well at higher body fat athletically due to his tremendous strength. When he was 275 he was running a sub 5 40.

This log will have to come to and end next week as he has expressed an interest in using Prime and I gave in. Stay tuned for that log as I expect monstrous results and I will be doing the reporting so it will be easy for me to report what I see.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Good to see a father and son team battling it out against the iron!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to see a father and son team battling it out against the iron!!
Yes I am fortunate to have such a close relationship with him, I am gratefull for that.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Very well thanks... he looks much different, will get some pics up late this week. I hope the pics show the differences, cuz he's still a little chunky but much bigger. I would guess 10-12 lbs mass in about 8 weeks maybe a bit less.

He hasn't starting lifting really heavy yet, we have to be carefull with this back but he is squatting. He has another adjustment with the chiro today. God knows what he will look like after lifting heavy for a while and when we introduce Prime.

This log will end late this week likely and we'll take pics. His pics will be his before prime pics. Going to be some good info when we string the two logs together.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well this thread is officially at an end I put up his new pics

http://anabolicminds.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=183&cat=500

It takes a keen eye to notice that he is a little leaner (about 3 to 5 lbs) but the real kicker is he's 10 lbs heavier in 8 weeks. so thats 13-15 lbs more mass in 8 weeks with "Good diet and Exercise" His new weight is 255 and now these pics are his prime before pics.

So I think this has been a success 8 weeks and 13-15 lbs is pretty good but I will state that he would have done better if he followed the diet more closely... like I said earlier he was 75% with the diet which is not really that bad.