Spot Reduction fat loss creams

mattyboy86

Awards
I was searching around and I noticed these fat loss creams that target the areas that they are applied to. I have some fat on my chest I was looking to get rid of does anybody have any advice they can offer on these products or know which is the most effective.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Avant line is the most effective.

Also, for chest fat, you might want to consider an aromatase inhibitor, like 6-OXO. Chest fat is very much influenced by estrogen levels.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Spot reduction is a myth and hasn't been proven. Those that claim a product caused spot reducation of fat were already lean to begin with. They just lost water weight.

I just have not see evidence to support that these products really work. You lose fat all over your body, you can not CHOOSE where you want to lose the fat.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Spot reduction is a myth and hasn't been proven. Those that claim a product caused spot reducation of fat were already lean to begin with. They just lost water weight.

I just have not see evidence to support that these products really work. You lose fat all over your body, you can not CHOOSE where you want to lose the fat.
you are incorrect, sir.

I will post a relevant study when I get home, of two cmparable thighs and a topical yohimbine formula. fat mass ws decreased on the experimental thigh and NOT he control.

mattyboy86

Awards
I am going to order the napalm in about a week, and add some more cardio into my workout, I will also take some before and after pictures so we will see if it really works

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
you are incorrect, sir.

I will post a relevant study when I get home, of two cmparable thighs and a topical yohimbine formula. fat mass ws decreased on the experimental thigh and NOT he control.
Interesting. Can you throw that up!?

edwards

edwards

Awards
  • Established
I am going to order the napalm in about a week, and add some more cardio into my workout, I will also take some before and after pictures so we will see if it really works
If you add more cardio into your workouts, how will we know its the Napalm thats working and not the extra cardio?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't find the Yohimbine one right now, but here is one demonstrating the efficacy of topicals:

1: Diabetes Obes Metab. 2007 May;9(3):300-3.Click here to read Links
Topical fat reduction from the waist.
Caruso MK, Pekarovic S, Raum WJ, Greenway F.

Louisiana State University Division of Human Ecology, Baton Rouge, LA, USA.

OBJECTIVE: Topical fat reduction from the thigh in women using aminophylline cream has been demonstrated, but the local fat reduction in other body areas or in men by lowering the local lipolytic threshold has not been demonstrated. This study is designed to test the hypothesis that aminophylline cream application to the waist will reduce waist circumference compared with a control. RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURES: Fifty men and women who are 21-65 years of age with a BMI greater than 27 kg/m(2) and a waist to hip ratio > or =average were randomized in a 1 : 1 ratio to 0.5% aminophylline cream to the waist twice a day or no treatment to the waist. All subjects were instructed to follow a 1200 kcal balanced diet, participate in a walking program and return biweekly to encourage compliance. A theophylline level was drawn monthly, and the waist, BMI and waist to hip ratio were remeasured at 12 weeks. RESULTS: At week 12, there was a significant reduction in BMI from baseline that was not different between the groups. The reduction in waist circumference was 11 +/- 1.0 cm in the aminophylline cream group and 5.0 +/- 0.6 cm in the control group (p < 0.001). The reduction in waist circumference was significant for both women and men, but the women lost significantly more waist girth. The waist to hip ratio, a measure of fat distribution, declined. Aminophylline levels were undetectable, and there were no adverse events. DISCUSSION: Aminophylline cream offers a safe and effective method for cosmetic local fat reduction from the waist.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here it is:
1: Clin Ther. 1987;9(6):663-9.Links
Regional fat loss from the thigh in obese women after adrenergic modulation.
Greenway FL, Bray GA.

Department of Medicine, UCLA School of Medicine.

Beta-adrenergic stimulation and alpha 2-adrenergic inhibition increase lipolysis from fat cells. Twenty-eight obese women were placed on a calorie-restricted diet and one of five treatments was applied to one thigh three to five times per week for four weeks: (1) isoproterenol injections; (2) cream containing colforsin (forskolin), aminophylline, and yohimbine; (3) yohimbine cream; (4) colforsin cream; or (5) aminophylline cream. The opposite thigh was treated with a placebo (injection or cream). The treated thighs lost significantly more girth after treatment, both by injection and by cream. No adverse reactions were attributable to either the cream or the injections. It is concluded that local fat reduction from the thigh can be safely accomplished.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're a non-believer there is a simple solution......try it out for yourself. :) I didn't believe it myself for the longest time, however my views have certainly changed on the topic with the recent use and success i've had.

I can vouche for napalm. The stuff is amazing, period! :D

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good studies matt.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you're a non-believer there is a simple solution......try it out for yourself. :) I didn't believe it myself for the longest time, however my views have certainly changed on the topic with the recent use and success i've had.

I will def give it a try, and like you, make my own determination.. I don't disbelieve it really, just a lil skeptical..

I just like seeing studies and what not..lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will def give it a try, and like you, make my own determination.. I don't disbelieve it really, just a lil skeptical..

I just like seeing studies and what not..lol

I totally understand, but i was definitely very impressed with napalm. Good luck! :)

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established

Same here.
It's one of those things that for the most part sounds like a myth.
I tried atomic meltdown from RPN, and I'm a believer.
In fact, my bottle of Napalm should be here anytime now.:woohoo:

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Same here.
It's one of those things that for the most part sounds like a myth.
I tried atomic meltdown from RPN, and I'm a believer.
In fact, my bottle of Napalm should be here anytime now.:woohoo:
You bastards..lol Making me want to spend money..:frustrate

I am going to wait till i get a bit leaner, then give it a try.

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
Im sorry to hijack. Is lipoderm y as good as napalm?? I want to order napalm, but its out of stock everytime I want to place an order.. :( ps: I only buy at nutra

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im sorry to hijack. Is lipoderm y as good as napalm?? I want to order napalm, but its out of stock everytime I want to place an order.. :( ps: I only buy at nutra
Yes - lipoderm-y is also a VERY good topical formula. I encourage you to give it a try. I'll be using my Thermo-Glide shortly which is Lipoderm-y in a solid stick form through RPN.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
topical fatloss is very real. I never understood why it's seemed like such a myth. If you think about what would be needed to help break up sub q fat it isn't that complicated. Not saying I'm some genius but in light of things we have accomplished in the world of pharmaceuticals this isn't some miraculous feat. I predict that topical application for fatloss will get much much better in time and possibly eliminate the need for lipo in people who only want a couples of inches taken off.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
topical fatloss is very real. I never understood why it's seemed like such a myth. If you think about what would be needed to help break up sub q fat it isn't that complicated. Not saying I'm some genius but in light of things we have accomplished in the world of pharmaceuticals this isn't some miraculous feat. I predict that topical application for fatloss will get much much better in time and possibly eliminate the need for lipo in people who only want a couples of inches taken off.
Combined with the proper systemic fat burner, I completely agree with you. The actual targeting of the areas where fat is released TO be burned is pretty well understood, now, and simple. Very effective.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'd invite anyone who thinks spot fat loss is a myth to click the hot chicks link in my sig and see my results on Napalm/clen.

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
I just need it for chest fat.. I dunno how to get rid of them.. Im pretty lean, just those troubled area.. :( napalm is out of stock evrytime

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just need it for chest fat.. I dunno how to get rid of them.. Im pretty lean, just those troubled area.. :( napalm is out of stock evrytime
You can always try Atomic Meltdown or Lipoderm-y in the mean time. They should be able to get you started nicely. Plus, with the Atomic Meltdown, you can get your bronze on! :D

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How did I miss this thread??

Like Trauma said, if you can't find Napalm, there's always Atomic Meltdown, LipoDerm-Y, and LipoDerm-Ultra.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'd say get Lipo-Y or Ultra and start using it so that when Napalm comes you could have something to rotate with (if you chose).

I've not used Ultra. Just got 2 bottles of Napalm during the Memorial Day sale - so it will be a while before I try it.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd say get Lipo-Y or Ultra and start using it so that when Napalm comes you could have something to rotate with (if you chose).

I've not used Ultra. Just got 2 bottles of Napalm during the Memorial Day sale - so it will be a while before I try it.
When you get to 12 percent or so, trust me and gran the Lip-ultra.....you will be blown away.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea what BF% I'm at. Last calculator I used said like 10.5. The stupid handheld thing at my gym said less (I don't believe it).

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
I'm about 14% BF or so currently.

Got my Napalm in yesterday.
Seeing results already :)

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to go off topic, But ive been reading about adding capsaicin to Lipoderm and such. where do you get the capsaicin?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to go off topic, But ive been reading about adding capsaicin to Lipoderm and such. where do you get the capsaicin?
Most drug stores(eg. Walgreens) carry it. You can probably find some called Capzasin HP, which is sold as a topical cream for arthritis.

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
You can always try Atomic Meltdown or Lipoderm-y in the mean time. They should be able to get you started nicely. Plus, with the Atomic Meltdown, you can get your bronze on! :D
I already tried atomic meltdown (you answered my question about atomic at RPN threads). thats really good tanning product! just used for 4-5times and whole body turned bronze :D , plus I dont use tanning bed, just sunbathing.. but, I cant stand for the smell :( too bad.. my fam's get mad if I used that.. :D I'll try lipo-y then..

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I already tried atomic meltdown (you answered my question about atomic at RPN threads). thats really good tanning product! just used for 4-5times and whole body turned bronze :D , plus I dont use tanning bed, just sunbathing.. but, I cant stand for the smell :( too bad.. my fam's get mad if I used that.. :D I'll try lipo-y then..
We have a scent reducer for the Atomic Meltdown that is in beta testing as we speak. This should significantly help with this issue. Thanks for the feedback. :D

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
The Avant line is the most effective.

Also, for chest fat, you might want to consider an aromatase inhibitor, like 6-OXO. Chest fat is very much influenced by estrogen levels.
Agreed about the estrogen levels but I will say that I had great success with Lipo-derm ultra for getting rid of some chest fat.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established

As far as the water weight i held water on Napalm, but i could still see a difference, once i was off of it for a couple days i pissed out the water and the results were much more dramatic.

w3ss

Awards
  • Established
We have a scent reducer for the Atomic Meltdown that is in beta testing as we speak. This should significantly help with this issue. Thanks for the feedback. :D
just telling the truth.. :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just telling the truth.. :)
We want to hear the truth. :) Many people do have issues with the scent, but we're working on resolving that issue through a few different mechanisms. Hopefully we can knock it down shortly.

ropehead

ropehead

Awards
ive had really good results with transdermals in the past. ive dried out very quickly from transdermal formestane and metacort. im waiting for the napalm to arrive to try combining with the liquid clen. i have a bottle of transport matrix that i was going to try with the clen but it seems like people are getting good results with the combo. ive got a few topicals for this next cut.

ropehead

ropehead

Awards

i agree with this. where you lose it first and last can vary from person to person. i gain fat in my face first which is also where it comes off first. ive seen alot of people give up on training and diet because they were focusing on losing from a particular area and not focusing or measuring from all over. its why infomercials feed off of this weakness and sell these crunch machines etc. stating it will give them a lean six pack.
if spot reduction worked in that manner every fat person on the planet would have a skinny face from simply chewing bubble gum. it's all of these things that make trainers frustrated. it's much easier to teach someone about fitness that havent been jaded by misinformation and harder to reteach clients who have been brainwashed all this quick fix crap that floods the t.v. late nights.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
i agree with this. where you lose it first and last can vary from person to person. i gain fat in my face first which is also where it comes off first. ive seen alot of people give up on training and diet because they were focusing on losing from a particular area and not focusing or measuring from all over. its why infomercials feed off of this weakness and sell these crunch machines etc. stating it will give them a lean six pack.
if spot reduction worked in that manner every fat person on the planet would have a skinny face from simply chewing bubble gum. it's all of these things that make trainers frustrated. it's much easier to teach someone about fitness that havent been jaded by misinformation and harder to reteach clients who have been brainwashed all this quick fix crap that floods the t.v. late nights.
T-bone's post is wrong IMO. No offense, T.

Seriously. If anyone knows their body on this board and ability to lose fat - I'm it.

I have pics up. I gained defintion in my abs. I lost fat. Period.

You'll see when you start Napalm/clen.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im sorry, what is clen?? where can I get it??
That one you will have to find for yourself... that would be sourcing less than legal compounds. But it isnt hard to find at all.

Adams

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still don't understand how those studies point out that the loss off mass in the thighs was actually fat and not water or even muscle given the low calorie level they were on and nature of the type of exercise. Just because a certain area of the body gets smaller doesn't mean you lost fat in that area.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still don't understand how those studies point out that the loss off mass in the thighs was actually fat and not water or even muscle given the low calorie level they were on and nature of the type of exercise. Just because a certain area of the body gets smaller doesn't mean you lost fat in that area.
This is why they use a control thigh that showed no change.