bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[size=+2]Core Zap: The Writeup

The ultimate pre-workout energy, focus, and strength supplement
[/size]

CORE ZAP is a unique combination of highly effective and proven ingredients in significant quantities that will give you workouts like you have never experienced before! Each serving of CORE ZAP contains:

 250 mg of Epimedium (50% Icariin)
 40 mg of Geranium (1,3-Dimethylpentylamine)
 500 mg of Sulbutiamine
 1000 mg of L-Tyrosine
 200 mg of Caffeine

No other supplement comes close to matching this potent combination of clinically tested ingredients to provide sustained mental clarity and focus; extreme physical energy; enhanced strength; improved mood; increased libido; and increased fat loss.

CORE ZAP is no ordinary pre-workout stimulant. Each of these ingredients is present in sufficient quantities to give you an extreme pre-workout boost all by itself. But this scientifically designed formula carefully combines these elements to produce a positive, uplifting, energetic state of mind and body that you have never felt before!

[size=+2]Physiological Properties and Effects:[/size]

Epimedium (icariin 50%) has been found in clinical studies to improve the condition of reproductive organs and increase the circulating levels of testosterone. By increasing levels of dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, and serotonin it causes an energy-promoting effect, and by reducing cortisol levels also produces an anti-stress effect. The icariin found in epimedium can restore low levels of both testosterone and thyroid hormone for improved libido. Studies using epimedium have demonstrated reduced bone breakdown, increased muscle mass, and a loss of body fat. When taken pre-workout, icariin’s energy promoting effects excel and an increase in aggression can be noticed

Geranium (1,3 Dimethylpentylamine) produces a chemical effect similar to adrenaline. It strongly stimulates the central nervous system, leading to increased energy, mental clarity, and enhanced physical performance. This has been found to be especially desirable for athletes requiring extreme focus and muscular exertion. In lower dosages (around 20-25 mg) it causes a pleasant and smooth stimulating effect. At 40 mg, and in combination with 200 mg of caffeine, the result is extreme energy, euphoria, and intense focus. There are also secondary fat-loss effects due to an increase in the chemical messenger that triggers fat release (cAMP), as well the thermogenic properties of this combination.

Sulbutiamine stimulates the nervous systems responsible for physical activity, wakefulness, and attention. It is a nootropic agent—a cognitive enhancer with demonstrated clinical effects in improving memory. Sometimes prescribed for patients suffering from lethargy, fatigue, and physical weakness from convalescence, it is a potent stimulant for athletes seeking improved mental and physical performance. A fat soluble derivative of vitamin B-1 (thiamine), sulbutiamine has been shown to promote wakefulness, long term memory, improved response to stress, and positive mood. Typically, the mood uplift subsides easily and promotes restful sleep with vivid dreaming. Taken pre-workout, sulbutiamine creates an intense focus and seems to promote a better mind muscle connection.

L-Tyrosine, an essential amino acid, acts as a precursor to the adrenal hormones norepinephrine, epinephrine, and dopamine. It supports positive mood and also contributes to adrenal, thyroid, and pituitary function by converting to the thyroid hormone thyroxine (T4)—which powerfully stimulates fat loss. Several studies have found tyrosine to effectively mitigate stress, cold, fatigue, prolonged work, and sleep deprivation, by reducing stress hormone levels. Both animal and human clinical trials have demonstrated improvements in cognitive and physical performance. Tyrosine also helps to potentiate the effects of caffeine.

Caffeine is a well-known stimulant for boosting energy and improving mood. In excessive quantities it produces a jittery, nervous feeling. But at 200 mg, it effectively interacts with the other ingredients in this formula to stimulate mental alertness and create a feeling of well-being, while providing added energy for more intense workouts.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bolts Stats
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 170lbs
-Leanest i have been at this weight. 15lbs increased from exactly a year ago and same body fat level.

Diet
-As always I will be maintaining my extremely clean diet for this log. I have very little deviation from my normal daily diet(can post if needed).
-Calories will be between 3200-3500 depending on daily activity level.
-Calories may seem high for recomp but i am training hard and have an active job so i may bump up more...we shall see

Training Schedule
-This will remain the same for the entirety of this log:
Monday-Upper Body Power
Tuesday-Lower Body Power
Wednesday-Off
Thursday-Chest/Back
Friday-Legs
Saturday-Arms/Shoulders
Sunday-The day of rest :D

Supp Schedule
Basics(Fish oil, multi, poseidon complex)
AP w/3 meals
Intrabolic(1/2scoop) During Lift
Swell-3 scoops pre and post, 2 scoops pre-breakfast.
Recreate-1 pill morning, 1 afternoon(none pre-workout)

Expectations
-I have used all the ingredients in ZAP except for the Geranium. Had great results w/ most of these ingredients so i expect the claims to be valid.
-Will compare against the best pre-workout products i have used:
1)RPM-Great strength, pumps, aggression and drive
2)R4W-Strongest stim i have ever taken.

Goals
-I plan to continue recomping, but this will be geared more towards muscle gain where as i had been more towards fat loss earlier. Cardio and lifting are going to be very intense so i may not gain any bodyweight even at 3500cals(yet i will be aiming for a change in body comp). I look to break some pr's with the help of ZAP. Any1 who has followed my logs before knows that i don't slack and that i go to slowly add muscle to avoid unnecessary fat gain. With that said i'll be happy to keep bf the same and gain 2lbs with good strength gains.

*pics*
-May have pics if i can get a quality camera because my camera phone won't cut it...

Last edited:
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Final Review

Weight and Body Comp Changes
During the 4 weeks i used Zap i went from 170lbs to 174lbs. This is a very steady but impressive amount of gains for me. I gained a slight amount of fat around the waist(not noticeable on the tape measure). As apparent in the pics i did gain some quality mass. I noticed some extra leaning in the calves and shoulder region. I wish i had more pics to show my progress but the only before pic i had was the one that was attached to this thread because my computer died..

Effects
Now this is where the true beauty of this product shines. From the first workout i could feel the great intensity and focus this product offered(it is a stim so that is expected..) This was definitely the most controlled focus i have ever felt from a stim. It was not as crazy energy wise as R4W but it was better in all other areas than anything i have used stim wise. I noticed a noticeable thermo effect that has decreased this current week with the stoppage of Zap. 45 min after taking Zap i would gain an intense focus and a controllable force to help me blow through my workouts with impressive endurance, strength, and relentlessness. Another notable effect was its impact on my mood. Unlike some other stims and pre-workout products i did not note a high aggression factor, yet it was a more controlled on top of the world feeling. I felt extremely confident and could easily top my workouts from week to week. The stim effect and mood enhancement lasted quite a while after workouts with no crash what so ever. The only effect i would improve with this is the pumps, while i noted increased pumps an vascularity it was not the most impressive factor.

Overall
I will definitely be using Core Zap again in the future. The constant strength gains(5lbs on everything with 15-30lbs on the compound exercises) is very impressive. In the future i plan on stacking this with something like prime and p-slin for extremely intense workouts and very nice improvements in physique. I would like to thank Core for this great opportunity and will definitely support them as a company in the future and have already also gone through a tub and a half of Core MRP(highly recommend this) Thanks!

Old on left new on right:​

Attachments

Last edited:
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 1-(6/2/08)

Workout 1
-Took 4 caps 45minutes pre-workout.
-Began to feel ancy and ready to go around 30 minutes later.
-Workout was fantastic. On upper power day i do few movements but keep it heavy and with great form.
-Deads were great(had not done them in 2 months) and i was stronger than i expected. Form was great and felt great.
-DB Bench was also great. Had impressive endurance for all 5 sets. Going up in weight next week and i feel some PR's coming soon :cool:

Effects
-Great Thermo Effect=>sweating hard and felt very warm
-Noticeable energy lift, but nothing insane(felt anxious to lift). Did not really need an energy boost tho as i was well rested.
-Great focus. I was definitely dialed in with this and i love this feeling :D
-Pumps were very noticeable even tho my highest rep sets were with 6 reps!
-No noted aggression today.
-Felt mood lift after lifting all the way through most of my time at work(which was boring and stressful so i needed it)

Great first day and i look forward to tomorrow's leg day

Update:
-Just got back from some sprints as a form of cardio! i have been doing regular cardio for the past month, but being out on a track and sprinting is 100x better than a treadmill/elliptical/bike and harder. My legs feel fried but i should be good for my leg workout tomorrow. I am training with my soccer buddy as motivation for him(as well as kicking my butt into gear :eek: )

Last edited:
borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very interested in seeing how this product works for you...

ill be watching big cat!

dbc5

dbc5

Core Nutritionals Rep
Awards
Looking forward to your thoughts on this.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys! Updated the first lift and i hope yall enjoy this log :afro:

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Do it son.

Also whats the new Avi? Looks like a mixture between The Hulk and Stoker's Dracula lol.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do it son.

Also whats the new Avi? Looks like a mixture between The Hulk and Stoker's Dracula lol.
Its batman :D (hes my favorite comic book character)

and i updated above some more so it should all be good unless i get some pics in soon.

any questions feel free to ask...i will gladly post exact workouts and my precise diet if needed.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I see ya on the pics tip.
Looking forward to seeing your progress man! :cool:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 2-(6/3/08)

Workout 2
-Took 4 caps 45minutes pre-workout again.
-Once again it gave me the anxious, wanna hit the weights feeling.
-My legs were kinda stiff from those sprints last night, but it wasn't bad enough to detract from my workout.
-First week hitting it hard after a deload so i only did 5 sets(after two good warm-ups) of squats. Sticking to low weight since it was a power day i built up to 275, getting real deep. It was easy so i should make some good improvements in the coming weeks :cool:
-Had good strength increase in seated calf and had very solid mind muscle connection in all my calf sets.
-Finished up with some heavy lying leg curls.
-Very solid and efficient workout, bumping up weights and sets next week and i will look to see if i can still get this added endurance during my workout.

Effects
-Great Thermo Effect again. Sweating hard and very warm once again.
-Noticeable energy lift, and it is kinda hard to explain but this energy felt incredible. Amazing feeling that i hope does not fade.(will report on how long my energy lasts later today..)
-Great focus. Dialed in again and really hit my sets well. The longer rests on power days was almost annoying as i felt ready to go(will probably cut down rest next week)
-Pumps were good for legs but nothing crazy(sets of 5 again so its still pretty impressive.)
-Noted some aggression today and got in a lil conflict with my lifting partner :D
-Great mood lift...i feel really good right now.

Off to mow the lawn, then going to a ball game tonight. Will update on how long energy lasts/crash or no crash when i get home tonight.

Update:
-Finished mowing the lawn...still have good energy and no crash. I was sweating real hard even tho its not that hot here today...

-Recent quick back pic w/ decent lighting just to give an idea of what i am looking like nowadays and i am still working on posing better ;)...will try and get some more soon

Attachments

Last edited:
snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bolt's got 'im some peaks going on on the biceps shot!
Looking lean dude! Good detailed review today..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good work!

Bolt's got 'im some peaks going on on the biceps shot!
Looking lean dude! Good detailed review today..
Thanks guys. Yea i am probably the leanest i have ever been right now and my back has improved pretty nicely as of late. Adding deadlifts in and more cals this month should get some nice improvements to it as well.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 3-(6/4/08)

Off day

Day 4-(6/5/08)

Workout 3
-Took 4 caps 40minutes pre-workout.
-40-45 min pre seems to be perfect timing.
-Today's workout was INSANE. I was in the zone and i demolished every weight. Compared to last time i did these lifts this was much better!
-I am loving Zap right now.

Effects
-Great Thermo Effect again. I was sweating pretty hard and had to strip down out of my t and just wear my sleevelss becauase i was over heating.
-Great focus once again. I was really in the zone and i had great ability to "turn on" and get into the perfect mindset when i grabbed the weight.
-Pumps were intense and i was feeling tight and full throughout the entire lift. Held the peak contraction which hurt but felt good at the same time :D
-No aggression really. The feeling i am getting on Zap is a very nice mood lift that puts me in a positive mood and helps me power through the workout. Nothing makes me feel down so the weights just keep going up. Its not like the aggression i get w/ RPM or R4W but this is a very nice feeling and a very clean feeling.

Awesome day and i am off to do sprints later then i shall update!

Update: Well sprints went alot better today. i felt more in the zone and was able to push through better. I could still feel some of my Zap in me as this was several hours after my lift and sooner than last time i did cardio. Felt great and i still have that great mood flowing through me :D

Last edited:
snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nice!
I'm noting the same thing on aggression; focus & intensity are solid, zoned in, but it's not like there's any overzealous aggression, just nice calm, confident energy.
45 minutes after ingestion is when I'm starting my w/o as well, this seems like the perfect timing for me too..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice!
I'm noting the same thing on aggression; focus & intensity are solid, zoned in, but it's not like there's any overzealous aggression, just nice calm, confident energy.
45 minutes after ingestion is when I'm starting my w/o as well, this seems like the perfect timing for me too..
Yea i kind of like this. It is a different feel but very welcome IMO.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 5-(6/6/08)

Workout 4
-4 caps 45 minutes pre is perfect so thats what it will stay at for the rest of the log.
-Leg day was sick, me and my training partner pushed it really hard and beat the crap outta our legs.
-Weight is still moving up on these exercises past what i was planning on doing..i feel great lifting and can keep going up.
-Workout looked like this:
3 sets Narrow Stance Leg press(8-12reps)
3 sets DB SLDL(8-12reps)=>These were insane and i really got an amazing lift outta these
3 sets seated leg curls(12-15reps)
3 sets standing calf raise(8-12reps)
3 sets leg extension(12-15 reps)=>right into 20rep sets on Narrow Stance Smith Squats

Effects
-I really burn up on this stuff. Sweating is intense but not uncomfortable.
-Focus is just incredible. I really could feel my muscles this day. Squeezed real hard at the top of each rep.
-Pretty crazy pumps and it was hard to hobble around when i was done.
-Still getting that amazing mental lift and great feeling in the gym that leads to more productive workouts.

Day 6-(6/7/08)

Workout 5
-Took 4 caps 45minutes pre-workout.
-Had a great arm and shoulder day. I don't really like training arms but it was still a very productive workout. I really felt a good connection on my shoulder lifts which is a major plus.

Effects
-I was hot once again, but it was hard to really tell how much was Zap because it was soooo warm today that i caught a sweat just going to and from my car.
-Focus was top notch and had some real good moments during this lift.
-Pumps were not as intense as i was expecting on arm day, but that is fine i sometimes get too pumped and it limits my workout(still above average pumps)
-I really really feel good today. This mood lift is amazing and i am just loving it.

Quick notes:
First week went great. I did notice some small stomach issues(probably the sulb) the first few days. No problems there anymore. Zap does seem to have an effect on my hunger and is a little harder to eat alot, but nothing crazy and i still manage to get all my cals in. I have leaned out for the first week pretty nicely(not huge changes but i can still note them) and i like the non-existant crash along with the great mood elevation! Looking forward to the upcoming weeks...

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You might be the first dude your age I've ever seen that doesn't like to do their arms..
Log's looking good .

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You might be the first dude your age I've ever seen that doesn't like to do their arms..
Log's looking good .
Well its not like i don't like training them(i love training everything..) but its definitely not my fave(which would probably be back then legs..)

dbc5

dbc5

Core Nutritionals Rep
Awards
Well its not like i don't like training them(i love training everything..) but its definitely not my fave(which would probably be back then legs..)
Back is probably my favorite day and I also really like training delts. Enjoying your feedback so far

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Ok first i am kinda mad i coulda swore i put up my notes from yesterdays lift but i didn't :confused: anyways here they are and i am off to lift in about an hour

Day 7(6/8/08)
Off day

Day 8-(6/9/08)

Workout 6
-Upper body day was simple yet very hard. 8x3 on DB Bench is something i have never done and it was quite an experience and change of pace but i really liked it!(and feel it today) keeping my form really strict with slow lowering and really contracting the pecs on the way up.
-Worked on my DL form again and really getting it perfected(sometimes i get an ego and try to just pull too much :fool2: ) but i worked with one of my old football trainers who is now the head gold's gym trainer in my area so i had some good coaching. Back is tore up today and i love it
-Did some bi/tri/shoulder work to finish up the day.

Effects
-Sweating was up again. Things like DL, Squat, and Leg Press really get me sweating on this(i only did DL today tho as it was upper body)
-Focus is still very impressive. I am loving it.
-Decent pumps again. I get a great contraction when i lift and have a very full dense feeling during/after lifting and its great.
-Mood still gets a very nice boost from this even though the past week has been rough...this stuff makes my safe haven of lifting even that much more of a good time!

Since last time i gave an example of my training i decided to give an example of my normal diet on training days(diet was a little different for this day tho as i ate more carbs and less fat just cuz i felt the need to not really sure why but my body wanted em so i suppled em :D )

9:30- Usually pre-workout=>Couple packets flavored oatmeal(cinnamon roll is my favorite!), Protein powder in milk, toast w/PB
11:00- 15-20 minutes pre=>25grams WMS and some Swell
12:30ish=> Post workout shake of 1.5scoops CORE MRP and 25grams WMS(roughly 20grams protein and 45 grams carbs)
1:15=> Couple of large bowl of regular oatmeal, PB, Honey, chicken breast
4:30=> Ground beef and either bread of oats(depending on what i make w/the beef)
7:30=> Cottage cheese, PB, and fruit
10:30=> Usually salmon and either almonds or pecans
*Throw in broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, and cucumbers for my regular veggies that are thrown in w/ meals depending on whats already prepared and/or i feel like eating
-This is just a typical day and times and foods will change depending on schedule and what i feel like eating. Around 3800cals on Training days and 3500 on off days.
-Also note i do measure out my foods so i do know the amount of cals in all the meals but it'd be annoying to type all that out :)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
8x3 on DB Bench is something i have never done and it was quite an experience and change of pace but i really liked it!(and feel it today)
Nice!

Good detail Bolt!
I do the Core PWO, as well as Beverly MassMaker & WMS for my after shakes. Nice looking diet man.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 9(6/10/08)

Workout 7
-Man Zap had me in the zone for this workout. Everything was going great and i was destroying my squats but i messed up on my third set of squats(not really sure how to explain what happened in words, i didn't step back enough and when i got real low the plate hit something on the side of the squat rack...if i had a pic i could show you what i hit..) but anyways it kinda ruined my rythm and put a slight halt in my workout.
-Everything got humming pretty good again after this and i did hit the rest of the lifts hard.

Effects
-Its so hot here in NOVA that i can't really tell how much Zap is effecting my sweating because i get pretty hot just being outside shortly...
-Focus is still top notch.
-Didn't have pumps really but i had great contractions on my lifts
-Mood still felt great in the gym but had a very bad rest of the day(prob nothing due to Zap)

Everything is going great so far. Took this day to relax and do some different things and hang out w/ ppl i haven't seen in a while..

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Solid updates coming forward Bolt. From your back shot I think me and you got a lot in common. I know in the past my arms dominated a lot of back exercises and took away from my lats a bit in the form of bigger biceps. You feel any of that?

I hear ya on the heat as well. Been 95-100 here the past 4 days and lost electricity for a little. Where is this Nova you speak of (I am probably going to look like a jackass when you tell me, but I can't figure it out. Assuming your not stopping by Villanova)?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid updates coming forward Bolt. From your back shot I think me and you got a lot in common. I know in the past my arms dominated a lot of back exercises and took away from my lats a bit in the form of bigger biceps. You feel any of that?

I hear ya on the heat as well. Been 95-100 here the past 4 days and lost electricity for a little. Where is this Nova you speak of (I am probably going to look like a jackass when you tell me, but I can't figure it out. Assuming your not stopping by Villanova)?
Yea my bi's used to take a lot away from my back exercises. My lats also suffered when i had my shoulder surgery as i still felt uncomfortable for some time afterwards with the wider gripped exercises.

NOVA=Northern Virginia..just some VA slang

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 10(6/11/08)

Off day-I did do about 45 minutes of cone/sprinting work since it was not as hot as it has been. No Zap tho today

Day 11(6/12/08)

Workout 8
-I'll start off by saying my workout was kinda "off" today. But i made the best out of it and still had a very productive workout, even if i didn't feel i was at max.
-Flew through the workout with little rest and got a great pump in my back and chest. Weights went up slightly but nothing too crazy..hopefully i'll hit this workout with full steam next week.
-Still looking really lean and have very nice shoulder separation.
-Scale still moving up

Effects
-Nothing too crazy for thermo effect today.
-While i felt "off" i still had amazing focus and mentally driven through the workout.
-Crazy pumps today. I did some half reps on some exercises today and this really got me tight. Supersets also got me really pumped up.
-Mood was only slightly elevated today..

Tomorrow i have no work so i will be going to play soccer in the morning, lifting sometime in the afternoon, and hitting the movies up. Should be a good friday and i look forward to crushing my legs!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 12(6/13/08)

Workout 9
-Well back to an amazing workout! Didn't feel off at all today and really starting to hammer my legs at full intensity and fighting through the pain.
-Did some crazy 15 rep leg press to start and that had me burning, crushed some DB SLDLs and that tore up the hammies.
-Did some seated leg curls with a very nice squeeze in the hamstrings straight over to standing calf raises which i ended with a massive drop set.
-Finished the workout with leg extensions straight into narrow stance smith squats! My legs were on fire but my training partner and i endured it and loved it

Effects
-Sweating was up again today, but it was legs so i usually sweat a ton.
-My mental drive was very intense..i had the focus to move up in weights and crush em without losing any intensity.
-Holy pumped legs...blood engorged my legs all over and i love struggling to walk!
-Mood was really good today

Seeing some more veins in the calf area and calf split is looking very nice. Everything is going great still. :cool:

dbc5

dbc5

Core Nutritionals Rep
Awards
Awesome job man. Glad everything is still going great in here.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keep cracking Bolt! Love that drive!
On a side note, I got the Core MRP in the other day.. tho I'm not a big chocolate flavor fan, this stuff is pretty tasty.. solid macro/ingredient matrix as well..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Well been a busy last couple of days! Thanks for stopping by tho..

Day 13(6/14/08)

Workout 10
-Today i did my arms/shoulder workout alone as my lifting partner did not wish to go in the morning...plugged the ipod in and went to work
-Got a pretty crazy arm pump and vascularity was insane. Strength was up as well.
-Trying some things to really stimulate my arms as they can be quite stubborn.
-Shoulder strength and endurance was impressive on supersets.

Effects
-Sweating was decent today nothing too crazy.
-Mental drive and focus was great. I was dialed in very nicely and had a lot of self motivation.
-Pumped up really good. Veins popping out well!
-Very good mood lift for quite some time after lifting

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 14(6/15/08)

-Off day

Day 15(6/16/08)

Workout 11
-Slightly different calorie intake around my lift due to a dentist appt today but i had an amazing lift.
-Strength is still moving up on my lifts. I have a very strong feeling in the gym and i have been hitting my lifts very hard with no real form issues.
-Deadlifts went great today and form was on spot(or so says my lifting buddy :D ) Did these in a very controlled fashion. Slow and steady rythm.
-DB Bench was great again. I really like th 8x3 scheme and while others may not be impressed by my numbers but i was very pleased to get 90's for all my sets with very good form.
-Finished with some bi/tri work and was feeling very pumped up.

Effects
-Sweating was very intense today...and i had some increased body heat even after my lifts.
-My focus was incredible today. I was totally in a zone and was really enjoying it.
-I got some very impressive pumps today. Even these low rep days seem to be getting a solid pump recently.
-Great mood lift today. Very euphoric and it lasted through my day quite a bit.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great job bolt! :D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thanks guys! I am really enjoying this so far. I am sad to say i can't use it next month as i really need some time off from stims, so i can't even imagine what this is gonna be like after i take my two month break!(yes that is insinuating that i will be buying some more in september :cool: )

I have also been very busy with work driving around so i haven't even been home recently :fool2:

Day 16(6/17/08)

Workout 12
-Went with a reverse pyramid on my squats to change things up..went very well. I really enjoyed this change of pace.
-Calf strength was great and i am starting two see some very nice calf development!
-Other lifts went great and i still have that great mind/muscle connect thats been going on recently.

Effects
-Sweating was insane again today...i was drenched
-Had a great leg pump going on. I have been getting better pumps recently.
-I had a good energy lift today. Been drained with work and activities lately and the boost was much appreciated.
-My connection with my muscles is intense. I really can visualize lifting with just the target muscles and getting the most out of the lift.
-Great mood lift again that carried over for quite some time

Day 17(6/18/08)

-Off day
-Fixed my computer(for the time being..) and tv as well as had to drive 150miles for work and had a grad party to go to! Thank goodness i had not planned to try and lift this day :eek:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Those reverse-pyramid sets are an awesome way to change things up aren't they? I'm in my second week with that protocol & loving it!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 18(6/19/08)

Workout 13
-Wow another great workout. My back and chest were feeling huge today. My workout partner even commented on my back so hopefully its been improving!
-Strength was great today and i had a very full range of motion. My back is sore this morning which is a good feeling..
-Hit some really good numbers on DB Incline bench.

Effects
-Did not sweat too hard. Had a good one going on but not drenched like the past workout.
-Lats pumped up very nicely. This is helpful in feeling the connection with them and much enjoyed. Chest felt very full and tight.
-Not a very large energy lift today.
-I was in the zone again. I hit my exercises really hard and had a great workout.
-Mood lift was great and carried over even during my real boring work..

Side notes:
-I have yet to have a "crash" on Zap.
-Energy is sustained for several hours post lift..but not in a bursting with energy feeling just a feeling that i can still be active with no real troubles
-weight has been hovering around 173-174lbs this past week.
-I will try to get some pics in at the end, but the only comparison pic i have will be back double bi as i had to wipe my hard drive clean due to computer issues(i really should just buy a new computer this ish is getting stupid)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 19(6/20/08)

Workout 14
-Well todays workout was quite different.....first off i somehow only had one of my lifting shoes in my bad :confused: so that eliminated doing calf raises today...and my lifting partner waited til i was leaving to pick him up to tell me he couldn't lift at the normal time. :aargh:
-So by the time i got to the gym i was slightly pissed...everything started making me mad and this past week has been a drag....so i said screw it and changed my workout on the fly....and DANG was it good.
-Idk what its called(because im sure i am not the first to think of something like this) but i pretty much did not rest the entire lift. I staggered all my exercises so that it was like a superset but that each think kinda overlapped. For example started with leg press and by the second set i was doing my first set of DB SLDL and then by the end of the SLDL i was doing seated leg curls...i hope that makes sense.
-So basically i was drenched by the end of the workout. Finished in about 30 minutes and i was DEAD. I couldn't walk and i had to sit for about 10 minutes after i stretched before i could even think clear enough to get to my car and drive.
-With all that said i got a lot of stress, anger, and emotion out during my lift and it was probably my best workout so far for this log. Weights were down due to the scheme but i was squeezing the blood into em.

Effects
-Soaked...i was literally dripping.
-Legs were so pumped by the end i had trouble moving, flexing, or doing anything.
-Not much of an energy boost, but a great drive to lift.
-Really in the zone...it was like a cloud was over me and i put my ipod in and just pounded away like i was alone in the gym...im sure some of the grunting i did scared some ppl....
-Mood lift was different today...i had all out aggression which i haven't seen very often on this but it was great. I think Zap plus something that increases aggresion(prime sounds perfect) would be an unbeatable combo.

-Now its off to work...i am literally driving all over the top half of VA. Its getting annoying but at least i don't have to pay for gas this week(my boss is paying for my gas since he is out of town and making me drive literally all day....) Looking forward to tomorrows lift!

dbc5

dbc5

Core Nutritionals Rep
Awards
Sounds like a crazy workout man. Angry workouts can be nuts and it really sounds like you took it out in the gym.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I LOVE me some anger in the gym!! :shoot:
You could've pulled an Arnold & done calves sans shoes dude!
Nice job on the fly tho..

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I LOVE me some anger in the gym!! :shoot:
You could've pulled an Arnold & done calves sans shoes dude!
Nice job on the fly tho..
Yea i could have..i don't know about my gyms shoe policy tho they might not have liked that(but im sneaky so i would have got away with it :eek: )

update coming soon

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
sounds like a beastly workout. you were supersetting one after the other. pretty intense man. sorry to hear about all that neg crap though happens to us all every once and awhile

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 20(6/21/08)

Workout 15
-Arms and shoulders went very nicely.
-Took a little longer than i wanted for some reason but nothing extreme.
-Pump was intense and strength was up. I could move through supersets easily and was very full by the end of the lift.

Effects
-Nice sweat going on. Nothing too crazy but more than a normal day at the gym.
-Like i mentioned above the pump was intense. I was pumped throughout the shoulders and arms which gave some range of motion issues..
-Noticeable energy boost and great endurance and energy throughout the entire lift.
-Noted some mood lift again...and some aggression as well, not as much as during the previous leg lift but more than normal.
-Energy lasted several hours post lift.

Day 21(6/22/08)
-Off day
-Drove by Gilbert Arenas house during some of my work...he had so many whips parked around his house and there was even a fire truck chilling there :confused: :D

Day 22(6/23/08)

Workout 16
-Last week on Zap and this lifting split. Will take it relatively easy this week by lifting not close to failure but still pounding away.
-Was impressed i lifted more this week than last and was not even close to failure! That is some real nice strength.
-Workout went very well overall and i have had some nice improvements over the last several weeks.

Effects
-I was sweating an insane amount again today.
-Not much of a pump, but still very nice contractions on the lift and good squeeze at the top. Still feel full despite not having those blood inflating pumps.
-Nice energy lift and good endurance throughout workout.
-Some added aggression again today and some very nice mood lift as well.

-I will be taking a 3 day off vacation after this log as i feel the beginning of being run down. Nothing bad at all yet but i can feel my body saying i need to lay off the stims and get some rest soon. Will stay off stims for two months at the end of this log and look at some Zap again once school begins!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Day 23(6/24/08)

Workout 17
-I did the reverse pyramid on squats again. I really like this scheme and will be implementing it on different muscle groups next month!
-I had a pretty intense workout and i pushed through some very nice weight! Once again i stayed 2-3 reps shy of failure and still pushed more weight than i did last week..very impressed.
-Workout went very quick and was very productive.

Effects
-Intense sweating again. Had use my lil towel quite a bit bc i was really hot.
-Great leg pump...my legs were so pumped after the last set of squats that the seated calf-raise was hard to do! The little seat thing that holds you down hurt being up against my quads..but i still crushed the calfs and got a nice calf pump.
-Great energy today for leg day. I may get some of this stuff just to use on large muscle group days to really extend the bottle in the future and not always be on stims.
-Good mood boost and energy lasted through the day. Needed it as i had to trash out a house for work and it required some energy!

Day 24(6/25/08)
-Off day
-More driving around for work with a 4 hour trip! UGH!!

Day 25(6/26/08)

Workout 18
-Since i am not doing arms/shoulders on saturday i just did a whole upper body lift today.
-Moved through the lift very fast and maintained weight that i had done last week with 1-2 rep increases.
-Amazing workout had me incredibly pumped and full.

Effects
-Good sweat again...a little above normal.
-Insane pump!
-Not a huge energy burst, but not really needed so w/e
-Felt like attacking the weight today and was incredibly in the zone!

-Taking the weekend off and maybe up to 5 days off. Depends on how long my lifting buddies wanna take off and i need a small break anyway.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will post todays(last day of log) lift sometime soon. I will also get to the final review sometime next week after i have been off it several workouts to look back and fully evaluate its effects! Kinda don't have the time to write anything anyways as i just got home from work being stuck 30 minutes from home and having my car die. Just what i needed..i gotta get it towed and everything...at least i make good bank with my job and should easily afford this(yes rambling and ranting its just kinda pissing me off)...

:)