Hypertrop-X and P90X------------>Let's-GET-RIPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
First, much thanks to LD (LazeDragon- our AMS man on board) for giving me the opportunity to log this product. I look forward to the documentation on this log, as it will likely show improvements, some of which should most definitely be facilitated through the use of this supplement. Here's why. Here's Hypertrop-X!

Hypertrop-X
- Powerful in its Simplicity. The Anabolic Trip Hammer.

Hypertrop-X
is powerful in its simplicity. Three (3) scientifically proven performance-enhancing products, in mammoth doses that will help drive your body to that ever-sought-after “next level” of training intensity, allowing you to take your muscle fibers to places they’ve never been before. The result – an anabolic environment where lean muscle growth and strength come at mammoth proportions.

Hypertrop-X
, the anabolic trip hammer, fuels maximum muscular endurance, for fiber-pounding, rep-after-rep, after muscle-building rep. Hypertrop-X will stave off fatigue while flooding the muscle cells with nutrient-laden, fuel-rich blood for almost non-stop fiber splitting workouts.

OK, so what’s in it?

Hypertrop-X was specifically engineered for maximum measurable impact on physical performance by fueling ongoing muscular contractions, greater pumps and faster recovery between workouts.

It contains three (3) ingredients proven by research to up-regulate the body’s anabolic, circulatory and energy systems during training.

Beta Alanine has been touted as the new “Holy Grail” of performance supplementation. Not since creatine or or ephedra has there been a sports nutrition product that has made as much noise in the scientific community as beta alanine. Beta alanine, a direct precursor to carnosine, works as an anti-fatigue compound, feeding maximum muscular endurance. By scavenging and neutralizing muscle waste products, and recycling ATP substrates, repeated research has demonstrated how beta alanine directly fuels ongoing muscular contractions to measurably improve performance and fuel harder, more intense training sessions.

Leucine is the “first-born” of the essential, branched-chain amino acid family. It is the most important of the BCAAs. Leucine is a powerful anti-catabolic. Leucine helps keep muscle nitrogen levels high, feeds the energy pathways during intense training and protects against muscle breakdown, especially during periods of intense physical stress.

Yohimbine HCL – a potent dose of this powerful neurostimulant, vaso-regulator and lipolytic agent, yohimbine HCl drops the hammer on your training intensity.

Nothing left for the ride home

Hypertrop-X will keep you on your game your entire workout, and will feed your growth ongoing after you leave the gym. Use Hypertrop-X by itself and watch your training intensity shoot the moon. Or, stack Advanced Muscle Science’s other cutting edge products for the most powerful anabolic response possible from non-pharmaceutical performance enhancement.

**LD was gracious enough to give me a two-month supply and all I am to do is document how I feel it aids in my progression toward a fitter me. I plan to follow proper dosing protocol. I will take 4 pills one hour before training, then one-half hour before training I will take in my 25g protein/30g carbs.

As the thread title states, I am on P90X. The main mission with this program is to lose body fat while maintaining/possibly increasing LBM. It is very high volume with MANY obscure exercises most have never heard of/done. Due to these reasons, I will document my progress with the most well-known exercises and cardio. Mostly, the exercises I will document will be pushups and their variations, shoulder presses, pullups, and back work.

My diet will be posted up, but will mostly remain steady, that is until I begin to need to lower cals more. Here is my diet:

REGULAR CYCLE
250g protein
170g carbs
95g fat
2500 cals

40g pro/50g carbs
(1.5 scoops whey, 1 cup mixed berries, 1 serving oats, 1 cup milk)

m2:
40g pro/25g fat
(8 oz. lean beef, 1 tsp. olive oil, 1 bowl broccoli)

m3:30g pro/30g carbs
(6 oz. chicken, 6 oz. sweet potato)

PRE:25g pro/20g carbs
(1 scoop whey, oats)
(about 1 scoop whey, 30g dextrose candy)

M4: 50g pro/40g carbs/10g fat
(8-10 oz. chicken breast, 1 serving brown rice, mixed veggies)

M5: 30g pro/40g fat
(3 whole eggs, 2 servings almonds, bowl of salad/greens)

BED: 15g pro/15g fat
(1/2 scoop whey with 1 tbsp. olive oil)

CARB CYCLE
225g protein
250g carbs
70g fat
2500 cals

40g pro/60g carbs
(1.5 scoops whey, 1.5 servings oats, 1 cup fruit, 1 cup milk)

m2:30g pro/40g carbs/10g fat
(2 cups milk, 1 apple, fish oil)

m3: 30g pro/30g carbs/10g fat
(6 oz. fish, 6 oz sweet potato, fish oil)

PRE: 25 g pro/30g carbs ( essentially same as reg)

M4:30g pro/50g carbs/10g fat
(6 oz. fish, 1 serving pasta, 1 serving tomato sauce, 1 serving cheese)

M5: 30g pro/40g fat
(three whole eggs, 2 tbsp. olive oil, celery stalks, greens)

BED: 15g pro/10g carbs
(1 glass milk with just a bit of protein powder)

*carb cycle 2 days a week/regular 5 days a week

CHOICE FOODS:

Chicken breast
Salmon
Lean beef
Eggs

Oatmeal
Sweet potato
Carrots
Vegetable juice
Brown rice
White rice
Tomatoes

Almonds
Fish oil
Flax oil
Coconut

Lettuce
Celery
Asparagus
Broccoli
Green beans
Spinach

Apples
Bananas
Oranges
Pineapples
Mixed berries

*I will post which diet I use in each log entry.

Let the RIPPIN' BEGIN!!!!!

Attachments

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Did my first day of Hypertrop-X today. I can honestly report increased endurance slightly and tingles. I look forward to seeing what this supp will bring. By the way, I am on no other supps at this time, so I will know what this does to the T.

Did cardio today with my first dose by the way. Same as usual. Sweaty and heart beating like bonkos! Did my regular diet cycle today. Will log tomorrow for my back/bis routine. Out!

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hey man good start. I got the "tingles" too within 15 min of only a 2 cap dose. Was your first dose the full 4 caps ?
Could you explain "bonkers" a little better for me, like was it beating harder (more force) or more quickly / rapidly with not so much force or even was it both ?
good luck !

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Hey man good start. I got the "tingles" too within 15 min of only a 2 cap dose. Was your first dose the full 4 caps ?
Could you explain "bonkers" a little better for me, like was it beating harder (more force) or more quickly / rapidly with not so much force or even was it both ?
good luck !
yessir, my first dose was indeed the 4 capper. i'm familiar with BA and YHCL, so i had no qualms with it. Watch for me tomorrow, as I'll report my back/bis routine and the numbers on my pullups (not very many i anticipate- hahahah!) and rows.

Now all y'all keep in mind that the numbers won't be high in weight, as the routine i am on is HIGH VOLUME. i'll say that again----HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH VOLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME. i'm keeping it light, BUT, of course, weight will move up and numbers that seem heavy will hopefully become light, ya feel me?!?!?!:woohoo:

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
i like high reps high weight :D ill be following man. mine is about to be up check it out in my sig

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Did cardio today with my first dose by the way. Same as usual. Sweaty and heart beating like bonkos! Did my regular diet cycle today. Will log tomorrow for my back/bis routine. Out!
Hi Manimalia, which cardio did you do? Cardio X, Plyometrics, or Kenpo X?

Also, are you on Phase 1?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Hi Manimalia, which cardio did you do? Cardio X, Plyometrics, or Kenpo X?

Also, are you on Phase 1?
oh boy. here's where i tell you something crazy. i DID phase 1, decided to 'drop out' and then after one week of being back in the gym, out of guilt, got back on this week. i know----stupid. but i just felt like i was losing strength, but i was losing weight also, which was what i really wanted from P90X to begin with----stupid.

but i'm back on. since i did chest/tris monday in the traditional gym style, they were fatigued already. so i didn't start in regularly. today, i'll do back and biceps. yesterday, i did plyometrics. after today, i'll do legs and back, then yoga the next day. THEN, after this week, i will re-do two weeks of phase 1 and do it RIGHT from there on in. whoo. it feels good admitting i'm dumb. i don't have to hide it any longer.

:aargh::toofunny:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
Did back/bis today. I must say that I was a bit impressed with the endurance I displayed on a couple of things. today there were A LOT of pullups and A LOT of curls, and both were done with MANY variations.

I got 13 GOOD form wide grip pullups squeaked out on my opener. that is a lot for a chubby guy like i am right now. it was two more than i got two weeks ago (even though i had less water weight and fat weight. i bulked this past week and then changed my mind AGAIN and went back to P90X).

another pullup that i shined on was the 'towel pullups' where you hold a towel wrapped over the bar with one hand and the bar itself with the other. i managed to do five per side, which is good, considering i've never done them, and they were not only difficult, but at the END of a LONG workout. I know that Hypertrop-X came into play on this for at least two reps. I could feel the lack of fatigue in my muscles.

Speaking directly on the lack of fatigue, for proof, i can talk of the isolation moves, them curls i had done. i did an average of at least a dozen sets of curls. i actually used weights that grew to be challenging by the sixth set, and i still kept going stronger and stacking weight. for example, my first set was with 75 lbs barbell weight and i finished my last set with 85 lbs barbell weight. NOW< that's not A LOT of weight, but it was A LOT of sets done with strict form.

as far as rows, meh, they're always good. i got a good strong back. i think the heaviest i decided to go though was, lemme read here, ah, 130, just because i wanted to save my energy at that point for some pullups. my fat ass needs that energy for em'.

All in all, i felt some good endurance capability from Hypertrop-X today. it helped me squeak out a good handful of extra reps and a bit of weight. NOICE. F'IN' NOICE. Thanks LD!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
nice lookin WO. my log is now up make sure to check it!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
here's a mini-review on a sample LD sent me: Nocturnabol. i took it the night before last night, and i falling asleep felt like a luxury again. i didn't feel anxiety as to if i would get my 8 solid hrs (i have bad sleep cycles where sometimes for days at a time i don't sleep well; i believe it's stress-related). nope, that time, i just went right off to sleep. i only got about six hours, though, because i woke up to pee in the morning and could not get back to full sleep. i attribute that to thinking too much about some hurdles i'm having to jump for this job i'm getting...stress.

now, i took it last night, after having jumped them hurdles and whatnot. drifted on a sleep boat to sleeptown and have just woken up 9.5 hours later. nice. i needed that. for the past four days. i have only gotten six hours of sleep. thanks, LD. thanks, Nocturnabol. i might could just purchase a month supply o' dat stuff to really get a good sample. i got one more night with it tonight, and then after that, it's gone.....for now.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
agreed nocturnabol is a nice sleep product IMO

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
oh, looking back over that Nocturnabol post, to anyone reading, i meant i only got 6 hours each night. i'm sure y'all knew what i meant, but it's good to clarify ambiguous statements. hahah.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
did yoga today for 1 and 1/2 hours. if you know yoga, you know that this is a long time. i mean, i've only done it all of five times, but you get familiar with it in a hurry-trust me.

i dosed my Hypertrop-X one half an hour beforehand. now here's the thing, i am already good at holding even the most difficult of poses, but i do STRAIN to hold some of them. NOW, i feel that Hypertrop-X helped me with the three moves that pose the most difficult to me---Crane, one-leg extended warrior and its half moons, and the 'reach for the wrist' as i call it.

you may have no idea what i am talking about, so here is an example that, if you dig, will show examples of the other two if you search. The illustration and text you will see is on "Crane":

Yoga Journal - Crane Pose

*how i feel that Hypertrop-X helped me is that i was able to hold my poses without feeling too much of a burn. i mean, i still felt it, but it was at only point that i 'fell out' of one of the many poses in the series; i usually fall out a few times. it took the heat out of my quads and allowed me to use them more efficiently. thumbs up again! i can more than suspect that this can be attributed to the generous amount of BA. whoo-ah!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
did shoulders and legs tonight. yeah, i know it's not on the program, but this week is improv, as i am about to hop back onto phase 1 next week for a second time. starting over. i did me some hella work on my shoulders and legs:

Shoulders, i did standing bb presses at:
80x15 w.u.
95x15
105x15
120x12
135x10

Hams i did straight leg deads for high reps
135x25
135x25
135x25
supersetted with ham curls
60x12
60x12
60x15

for quads, i followed the P90X segment of legs n back. i did a lot of high rep/low weight lunge variations. the hardest i would say i did were the 'sneaky lunges', which are those which you do on your tip toes. i used two 15 lb. dumbells for this in my hands, which start at the lunge dangling, then are pressed up, then are put back down in a swimmer's motion. i got 30, which is 15 per side. that's good, as these prove semi-difficult with no weight at all.

Hypertrop-X is doing me pretty well. I'd say where it shines is in its endurance-giving capacity. I'd say again that this can be attributed to the BA. And it's also nice to know that while we're tearing muscle up, we got some extra LEUCINE working its way into our system. Yohimbine, what can i say, it gets my heart poppin'!

Still a nice product to have. Yes!

*P.S.- I realize that this post is not quite like the others so far, what with in this one me giving weight numbers and rep schemes to the T. that's because this was a hiatus from the norm of P90X. i am BACK ON next week to the T, so we'll mostly be looking at pullup reps, pushup reps, rows, curls and such from there on in. and of course i'll tell y'all how the cardio/stretch work is doing like i did this week. out!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
did my kenpo with the Hypertrop-X just now. kenpo is a form of cardio that involves a series of kicks, blocks, and punches. the muscles in your body are all moving, contracting, stretching and heated up! it's a nice change of pace lemme tell you. i had a little DOMS in my hams, so my kicks weren't so high today; i just did them chest level, but endurance weren't no thing!

i feel that, once again, my endurance was peaked. i think the great thing of it is that we can crank out a few extra reps/minutes of cardio with this stuff, and that's where the win comes in if you ask me. i feel that the weight loss will come quicker thanks to Hypertrop-X, and soon i will post a picture of where i stand from this beginning. i'll then post up pictures as i see improvements throughout this log. y'all keep watching, cause i'm gonna keep gettin' busy----------and i promise results!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
yoga looks interesting. Im not flexible at all but i think i would possibly enjoy it once or twice

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
p90x?

You mean that commercial that says you get ripped in 90 days doing almost no weight, just resistance bands and light dumbbells? I find the 90 day thing bs.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
yoga looks interesting. Im not flexible at all but i think i would possibly enjoy it once or twice

m'man, you would not believe! i, unlike you, scoffed at first and then once i tried it, i realized that you gotta be a man to do yoga!:toofunny: seriously, well, women do it too, but you gotta have discipline and determination to complete a whole routine.

not only do you feel accomplished when you're done with it, but you get a 'high' as well. you stretch muscles/connectors you are not even conscious of most times. it's a really nice feeling, and i'll be damned if i don't sweat much more from this than any treadmill time i've put in EVER.

PM me if interested in this, Texas. i'll make a copy of it for you. it's a nice whole-body stretch/cardio routine to do once a week in between hammering on ourselves.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
p90x?

You mean that commercial that says you get ripped in 90 days doing almost no weight, just resistance bands and light dumbbells? I find the 90 day thing bs.

P90X is not for individuals who are sedentary. it was designed for people who are in decent shape (those who can do a few pullups) that have lost track of their diet/routine-making. and not only that, it helps us with our agility, our flexibility, and our cardiovascular health more than anything i've done thus far.

no, it's not a 'get ripped in 90 days' routine literally. but it is a challenge that will yield results if met. don't knock it. i hopped off for a week because i felt i had lost 'too much strength', but then i realized that all the other qualities were there, too. and also, my pullups were getting better and better. i was looking at things in terms of weight plates. well, i'm sick of that.

i went to my old gym for a week. hated it. i'm gonna ride this program out now. and when i'm done, maybe get the next series, but if not, i'll buy a couple few more plates for my bar and just continue to hit up fitness at home.

*and cellardude, for the last time, WHO THE FLIP IS THAT HYPNOTIZING FACE IN YOUR AVATAR?!?!?! she looks so sweet but you just know she'd do things you couldn't keep up with! hahahahaha.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
p90x?

oh yeah, and it's not just light dumbells, ya goober. i'd been doing my rows with 130 and my curls with up to 90-95 at that first phase, etc. YOU decide your level of involvement with the weights. women would use the the light db's and bands, not us men. our goal is like any other fitness goal in this: find a weight that becomes difficult at so and so rep range.

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
oh yeah, and it's not just light dumbells, ya goober. i'd been doing my rows with 130 and my curls with up to 90-95 at that first phase, etc. YOU decide your level of involvement with the weights. women would use the the light db's and bands, not us men. our goal is like any other fitness goal in this: find a weight that becomes difficult at so and so rep range.

Looking good Manimalia!!

LD

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Manimalia bro let people like Cel stay ignorant.

Glad to see you use p90x ...I've been using the routines myself...so I know how great it is.

By-the-way I've been lifting for 20+ years and have dead-lifted for reps 600+ pounds so I ain't know sissy. But just like you my goals have changed...I like to do awesome stuff w/ my fit, strong bad-assed body now.

Stay the course bro.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Manimalia bro let people like Cel stay ignorant.

Glad to see you use p90x ...I've been using the routines myself...so I know how great it is.

By-the-way I've been lifting for 20+ years and have dead-lifted for reps 600+ pounds so I ain't know sissy. But just like you my goals have changed...I like to do awesome stuff w/ my fit, strong bad-assed body now.

Stay the course bro.
why am I ignorant?

I just saw the commercial on TV that claimed it will get you ripped in 90 days. Your calling me ingorant because its the first time Ive seen it and asked a question about it? Please enlighten me how Im knocking the routine and being "ignorant" I just said the get ripped thing in 90 days was bs. The ad claims get super ripped out in only 90 days on the routine. I also never made any references to the routine being bs. So whos the ignorant one talking about a subject that was never mentioned agian?

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
why am I ignorant?

I just saw the commercial on TV that claimed it will get you ripped in 90 days. Your calling me ingorant because its the first time Ive seen it and asked a question about it? Please enlighten me how Im knocking the routine and being "ignorant" I just said the get ripped thing in 90 days was bs. The ad claims get super ripped out in only 90 days on the routine. I also never made any references to the routine being bs. So whos the ignorant one talking about a subject that was never mentioned agian?
Ignorant defined as "unaware or uninformed".

You chose to react to my use of the word as if it were a pejorative word. Its not. I did interpret your comment as disparaging. I now accept that it wasn't your intent...

...plus I see that I offended you...and as I reread my post I see that once again I was a bit of an @sshole. *sigh* I am trying to work on that :) Its not easy so forgive me please.

...Cel please accept my apology...you have always been one of the nicest most easy going guys on this forum...I hate to see that I offended you...

...are we still cool bro?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Ignorant defined as "unaware or uninformed".

You chose to react to my use of the word as if it were a pejorative word. Its not. I did interpret your comment as disparaging. I now accept that it wasn't your intent...

...plus I see that I offended you...and as I reread my post I see that once again I was a bit of an @sshole. *sigh* I am trying to work on that :) Its not easy so forgive me please.

...Cel please accept my apology...you have always been one of the nicest most easy going guys on this forum...I hate to see that I offended you...

...are we still cool bro?

alls good. I wasnt implying the routine itself was ineffective or bunk. I was mainly talking about the claims made on the advertisement as I seen too many advertisements that claim absurd results.

Sorry if it seemd as if I was knocking the routine, That wasnt my intent either. I mainly got upset at the advertising tactics the company choose to use in order to get more people to purchase their routine/product.

No hard feelings. :hammer:

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
alls good. I wasnt implying the routine itself was ineffective or bunk. I was mainly talking about the claims made on the advertisement as I seen too many advertisements that claim absurd results.

Sorry if it seemd as if I was knocking the routine, That wasnt my intent either. I mainly got upset at the advertising tactics the company choose to use in order to get more people to purchase their routine/product.

No hard feelings. :hammer:
Cool! Cel's not mad at me anymore. :dance:

I know what you're saying... I had the same reaction when my brother raved about it. It is really just circuit training and I don't think anyone is going to build mass on it but they will bring out all sorts of auxillary muscles...

It will rip you up in 90 days but only if you are already in great shape. It will greatly increase one's fitness level as well.

As far as purchasing goes...who said you need to purchase these DVDs? The internet is your friend...

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Cool! Cel's not mad at me anymore. :dance:

I know what you're saying... I had the same reaction when my brother raved about it. It is really just circuit training and I don't think anyone is going to build mass on it but they will bring out all sorts of auxillary muscles...

It will rip you up in 90 days but only if you are already in great shape. It will greatly increase one's fitness level as well.

As far as purchasing goes...who said you need to purchase these DVDs? The internet is your friend...
the internet is my friend for all porno needs. Who the hell buys DVD's anymore anyhow? :toofunny:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
you threadjackin' clowns!!!!! all's good, though, boys.

did chest and back today. back on that MEAN horse of phase 1 for just two weeks instead of three this go-round. numbers were good. i opted to NOT use any chair assistance for my pullups, and the lowest my numbers got by the end of the workout were 6. i know, that's low, but i DID NOT stop but once for a minute in this whole hour routine.

my pushups have improved upon my last hit on this phase. i averaged 22 per set, which is not bad cause this workout is riddled with dive bombers/diamonds/wide flys. i'm an endurance machine still, and Hypertrop-X is once again---------a decent bit to thank for it. I find that the BA is responding well with me, and would like to maybe even opt to up the dose to 6 caps per workout. i don't wanna break protocol, though.

LD, you think this'll be ok? I mean, four is good, but i love to go towards the limits, m'man!

*****all n' all, another damn fine, undisappointing workout!!

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
m'man, you would not believe! i, unlike you, scoffed at first and then once i tried it, i realized that you gotta be a man to do yoga!:toofunny: seriously, well, women do it too, but you gotta have discipline and determination to complete a whole routine...
The yoga is awesome...the first half of that yoga session is even tougher then the plyometrics I think...

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
log lookn good man..keep it up

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
HELLO! today was shoulders/arms. and let me tell ya, i took a more progressive approach with this than i usually use on this day/routine, instead of primarily concentrating on my pullups and pushups i do other days; i went all in on this as well. today, i did not go lightly with my weights. all weights produced 6-12 rep movements.

*numbers to note:
95 lbs. for 12 all through on my shoulder presses
45 lbs. for 12 all through on my deep swimmer's presses
30 lbs. each for 12 all through on my db tricep extensions
30-40 lbs. all through on my curls for varying reps

now, AGAIN, this is not A LOT of weight, but there were A LOT of reps! and i owned this shlt, y'all! this whole routine on this day can only be described as one big CONCENTRATION curl/extension/press. movements were slow and deliberate.

Hypertrop-X is a nice help, once again!:bruce2:

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
The yoga is awesome...the first half of that yoga session is even tougher then the plyometrics I think...

OF COURSE IT IS. you don't have to hedge yourself on that statement. IT IS. yoga will make the biggest muscles in your body catch fire---------dem legs. and it's a damn fine workout for cal burning.

A

AaronTech

Awards
OF COURSE IT IS. you don't have to hedge yourself on that statement. IT IS. yoga will make the biggest muscles in your body catch fire---------dem legs. and it's a damn fine workout for cal burning.

I definitely agree, Yoga never ceases to kick my butt. I love plyometrics probably the most out of all of them, but Yoga is still the hardest for me.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
I definitely agree, Yoga never ceases to kick my butt. I love plyometrics probably the most out of all of them, but Yoga is still the hardest for me.
I did a lot of the plyometrics in my bare feet and ended up w/ knee splints (i.e. shin splints on the outside of my knee) :(

When that heals up I'll be back on the plyo but w/ shoes & no high impact "rockstar" jumping!

Manimalia high-five on that arm & shoulder workout bro. I know how intense that must have been w/ those weights and almost no rest between sets.

I'm proud of you man... your thread is motivating me to "kick it up a notch"!

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
as ol' Tony would say, "I hate it.....but I looooooooove it!"

i mostly hate it, but love it a bit, too. it HURTS! thanks for checking in with me, aarron. i'ma check your thread right now to see your stuff, too.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
I did a lot of the plyometrics in my bare feet and ended up w/ knee splints (i.e. shin splints on the outside of my knee) :(

When that heals up I'll be back on the plyo but w/ shoes & no high impact "rockstar" jumping!

Manimalia high-five on that arm & shoulder workout bro. I know how intense that must have been w/ those weights and almost no rest between sets.

I'm proud of you man... your thread is motivating me to "kick it up a notch"!
yeah, i know what you mean! i am ALL OVER THE ROOM with those plyo jumps. no joke. i have BAD form with those but i just do em. let them legs heal for now, and while they're healing, fill the time with something else that's intense.

and as far as my shoulders/arms day, i just decided that i'm gonna put my trust in Tony, regardless of what i think. if he says to find a weight that becomes difficult at 8-10 reps (in spite of all those reps he says to do on the video), then i'm gonna do it this go-round. i find it worked well for me. it is HARD for me to get my arms sore, and after i upped it a notch with speed of workout/power for my arms routine the other day, i felt i had a "healthy" bit of soreness that let me know i done something. just a bit.

let's all keep at it, boys! i got one more week on my restart of phase 1, then it's a cardio week. then PHASE 2 is where things will get sick--------------look for my pullups, curls, lunges, and pushups to be on the rise BIGTIME.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
did legs and back yesterday. a day late on m'log i know! but i remember everything! workout was again intense. i'm "bringing it" like i'm supposed to. and it's really starting to show again. i'm losing the weight i gained when i dropped this program and ate everything in site for a couple weeks.

as far as pullups went, i am very happy. i must have done, hm, lemme count here-----8 to 9 sets i believe. i opened with 15 on the standard pullups just to warm up (felt i could have kept going and move on to another 10 or so if i wanted, but it was a warmup strictly), and i closed with 10 on them switch grip pullups (these are where you do 2 overhand, 2 under, and so on, while holding the bar and not letting completely go). pullups were a success. i did over a 100. that's good enough for me!

legs..........whoo!!!! this routine KILLS my legs. lots of lunges and squats. it doesn't quite hit the hams enough, but kills the quads! i did a lot of legs with no weights, high reps 25+. but for an example i'm proud of, where i did use weights, it was on the "sneaky lunges." i altered them to find more intensity. instead of using no weights and moving my arms about, i put an 80 lb. barbell on my back and did 15 per leg with em, staying off my heels the whole time. it was hard-frickin-core, and i'm glad i tried it!

Hypertrop-X, man, I sound so redundant talking about you by now, but you are STILL a great little helper. You're an all-around good supp for a man on a budget, who can't afford a whole closet-full. You have a healthy dose of the best AA to help with making an anabolic environment, you have a healthy dose of BA which will help make us not feel "the burn" for another few reps, hence letting us add weight to hit that magic number and getting us stronger, and you have a natural stimulant to push our system to work, and it's not dosed too high.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
oh, and first picture soon to come. i took it but have to load it!

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you threadjackin' clowns!!!!! all's good, though, boys.

did chest and back today. back on that MEAN horse of phase 1 for just two weeks instead of three this go-round. numbers were good. i opted to NOT use any chair assistance for my pullups, and the lowest my numbers got by the end of the workout were 6. i know, that's low, but i DID NOT stop but once for a minute in this whole hour routine.

my pushups have improved upon my last hit on this phase. i averaged 22 per set, which is not bad cause this workout is riddled with dive bombers/diamonds/wide flys. i'm an endurance machine still, and Hypertrop-X is once again---------a decent bit to thank for it. I find that the BA is responding well with me, and would like to maybe even opt to up the dose to 6 caps per workout. i don't wanna break protocol, though.

LD, you think this'll be ok? I mean, four is good, but i love to go towards the limits, m'man!

*****all n' all, another damn fine, undisappointing workout!!

Sure go for it watch your Blood pressure and you should be good. Yohimbine will raise it a little.

LD

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
did legs and back yesterday. a day late on m'log i know! but i remember everything! workout was again intense. i'm "bringing it" like i'm supposed to. and it's really starting to show again. i'm losing the weight i gained when i dropped this program and ate everything in site for a couple weeks.

as far as pullups went, i am very happy. i must have done, hm, lemme count here-----8 to 9 sets i believe. i opened with 15 on the standard pullups just to warm up (felt i could have kept going and move on to another 10 or so if i wanted, but it was a warmup strictly), and i closed with 10 on them switch grip pullups (these are where you do 2 overhand, 2 under, and so on, while holding the bar and not letting completely go). pullups were a success. i did over a 100. that's good enough for me!

legs..........whoo!!!! this routine KILLS my legs. lots of lunges and squats. it doesn't quite hit the hams enough, but kills the quads! i did a lot of legs with no weights, high reps 25+. but for an example i'm proud of, where i did use weights, it was on the "sneaky lunges." i altered them to find more intensity. instead of using no weights and moving my arms about, i put an 80 lb. barbell on my back and did 15 per leg with em, staying off my heels the whole time. it was hard-frickin-core, and i'm glad i tried it!

Hypertrop-X, man, I sound so redundant talking about you by now, but you are STILL a great little helper. You're an all-around good supp for a man on a budget, who can't afford a whole closet-full. You have a healthy dose of the best AA to help with making an anabolic environment, you have a healthy dose of BA which will help make us not feel "the burn" for another few reps, hence letting us add weight to hit that magic number and getting us stronger, and you have a natural stimulant to push our system to work, and it's not dosed too high.

Awesome!! Glad you like it bro. It's good stuff

LD

LazeDragon

LazeDragon

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Awesome!! Glad you like it bro. It's good stuff

LD

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
HEY! I AM SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ON IN A FEW DAYS!!!!! I've been having a bit of turbulence out here. I DID NOT FORGET about this log. I have all my info here. I've done, in the time I've been gone: Plyometric Training, Shoulders/Arms, and Yoga.

Plyometrics and Yoga, what can I say? I am owning them. I didn't fall out of my yoga once this time around. The only thing that happened was my leg lowering during some poses that required me to keep one leg airborne while the other leg was the foundation for my entire body. And with the Plyometrics, it ain't no thing anymore. I actually went a bit above it, and I ran around the block a few times post-plyo to feel the intensity I felt on day one of it. I'm surpassing goals, basically!

As far as shoulders and arms, I launched an all-out attack again. I upped my numbers on ALL lifts (That's what listening to Limp Bizkit's "Three Dollar Bill, Y'all" does to me (I know I know-High School music---but it still makes me ANGRY) ) So anywho, that is a success story again. I added 2.5-12 lbs. on each lift. Examples:

opted to hit 120 on the shoulder presses and did for 12 reps(after having done several sets on arms, which I find good). Now, this has never been a problem for me. This is a low number, but you have to realize that this whole routine is ONE BIG SUPERSET! So, this is a good number for this I think.

went for more strength with curls this time around and didn't go above 8 reps for the most part, using consistent weights of 35-45 lbs. for MANY sets. with the Congdon curls, i beasted up mentally somehow by the end of the workout and made an 11 lb. improvement total weight, making it 61 lbs. at 8 reps. damn good for a fatigued man. i'm up 50% on those weightwise since i began this program.

Everything is up! And I feel confident that it will continue to go this way, until I am back as strong as I used to be and thinner than I ever was! I appreciate y'all bearing with me since I hadn't been around a bit. I would NOT forget the log. I appreciate this opportunity.

Hypertrop-X is still working a good bit of science magic for me. I have upped the dosage to 6 per day. And the tingles are nice. I like feeling them, as they intensify with my intensity. Me and ol' Hypertrop, we work together.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
eh everyone! i realize i ain't been on in a while. there are three reasons for that. i just started a new job for the summer and my ladyfriend is moving, and naturally, i am the man who carries all stuff, and i've also just been doing cardio this whole week. it's a rest week, but i still do cardio because i wanna chop off dat fat!

to be exact, i've been doing yoga, corework, weighted runs/lunges, and lots of circuit running (i run around a playground hitting up the monkey bars, hopping over waist-high bars and move on to up/downs on the big slide, running it all in circles. it's quite fun).

but basically, there's been nothing to report. Hypertrop-X is still doing its job and it's doing it quite well. I've upped dosage to 6 on workout days. i will be back in the saddle BIGTIME next week for my phase 2 exercises.

i posted this up cause i didn't want y'all to think i'm some guy who won't complete a log. i'm still on here and i'm gonna be logging for a while longer. i still got 1 and 1/4 bottle of this stuff! WOOT!

"I'll be back."-The Governator

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
ok, i'm back. and i'm feeling better than ever. just did chest,shoulders and tris today. and i felt good after taking a break from lifting. i'd have to say that it did knock me on my butt for a bit, though. breaks always make the first workout back on a killer!

but anywho, here are some numbers i'd like to report, so as to make sure that when i post up again, i can tell y'all my improvements! :)

clap pushups-22 (toward end of workout, and next week, i'm gonna put a backpack on with a weight plate in it. see if that makes them numbers drop;0)

behind the neck military press- 10x80

skulleez- 12x70

those are the highest numbers i finished with. damn fine job for such high volume i'd endured beforehand. oh, and i've upped the dose to 7 caps of dat Hypertrop-X....to keep the tingles alive!

I'll be back tomorrow to update on more stuff.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
you cn feel it at 6? i do 8 caps/day and barely feel it if at all

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you cn feel it at 6? i do 8 caps/day and barely feel it if at all
Is that eight caps at once or spread out ?
I get the BA tingles @ about 10-15 min consistently after only a 2 cap dose. I suppose I could tolerate the extra BA but not the yohimbine @ 8 caps. Guess I'll try the full 4 cap serving and record the effects. What difference do you suppose there is between taking 2 caps vs 8 ? Lucky AMS gave out two bottles to sample ! I can say your's will be gone way before mine.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Manimalia, no worry's that was a good pause for effect ! we all get busy stuff to deal with, anyway are you sticking to the P90X routine ?

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good log bro, I am logging this myself and am also enjoying it