Cellardude's naked chicks with AN cut log

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Cellardude's AN,USP,PAL super cut log

About Me​

Im 18 years old, 220 pounds 6 foot tall and about 20% body fat. My goal for this log is for learning purposes. I want to learn and keep progress of a cut and I hope some of the members will offer constructive criticism when it is needed. This will be my first cut so I want to do this right.​
!

The Goal

The goal of this log is to obviously cut. Currently I am holding in at 220 with 20%. My goal is to lose about 30 pounds or so within a 4-5 month period. I plan on taking this cut very slow as I would my overall goal of this cut is to retain my mass,retain most of my strength and to cut off some body fat! :lol:

I will strive for 1-1.5 pounds of fat loss per week. My ultimate goal is to get shredded for 2009 where I will probably bulk up agian but in a cleaner fashion.

The Diet

My diet will look something like this. I havent figured out exactly what to eat yet, as this week starting tomorrow will be my transition from bulk to cut mode. The week will be used to sort things out and to get things into order. I propose a cut consisting of 2900-3000 calories.

• 80g of fat (equivalent to 720 calories)
    • 325g of protein (equivalent to 1300 calories)
    • 220g of carbs (equivalent to 880 calories)

Carbs and fats will be seperated to the best of my abilities. I will consume about 20% of my carbs in the morning, 30% of carbs approx 1-2 hours before my workout. 20% of my carbs will also be taken during the workout to help with productive lifts. The remaining carbs will be taken approximately 15-20 min after my workout.

I have not quite figured out my cardio session yet, however I may do morning cardio on an empty stomach to yeild some better fat loss. All of my calories will come from clean sources and I will make sure that I avoid carbs after 5 or 6 PM.

The Supplements

Because I understand that plateau's can occur if supplements are taken too early, I will avoid supplements for the first month. However after the first month I have prepared some supplements with the help of AN, and some stuff that Ive had/bought recently.

Supplements that I have on hand are:
  • 4 bottles of Drive
  • 1 bottle of RPM (boost in energy at gym)
  • Stim'd out (energy boost for gym)
  • Green tea caps
  • Leviathan
  • ReCreate (possibly if jacob sent it)
  • Tons of clean whey isolate protein
  • Sesamin oil
  • Anabolic Pump
  • P-Slin
  • Neovar 2.0
  • Large Xtend
  • Dextrose
I probably have more stuff in my shoe box but I can't recall all of it currently. I am excited to run this cut as hopefully I will make some real progress. All of the supplements are for aid in energy/food sources/fat burners. Things like P-slin will be added in perhaps when I feel that my lifts are starting to suffer. Addition of AP would be to help better utilize the carbohydrate source. I am excited to see how Drive & Leviathan combo stack up as I have been very happy with the recomp effects they both have.

This is it for me, I will be making the transition from bulking phase to cutting phase this week. Please let me know if I missed something or if you would like to offer some advice. Thanks guys. Ill post of pics at the very very end so that you can see the results at the end. I dont want to be called a fatty from the start. :rofl:

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
First! Personally, I'd go anabolic with as few carbs as possible. But, there isn't only 1 right way to do things. Best of luck.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
where are the naked chicks?!?!?!

lol, subbed for another good Cellar log

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
First! Personally, I'd go anabolic with as few carbs as possible. But, there isn't only 1 right way to do things. Best of luck.
your refering to the AP? I didnt plan on overloading the carbs with AP, I meant that I would make better use of them if I did use it. I have two bottles, and I have no clue what to do with them. :lol:

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Damn. Come to see some naked chicks and get cartoon ninja monkeys instead. Seems to happen alot 'round here. Anyway best of luck Cellar. Will be watchin'.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
damn, wonder why the politicians haven't thought of this, promise naked chicks and we will follow anywhere.:bow28: giv em h3ll cellar.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
damn, wonder why the politicians haven't thought of this, promise naked chicks and we will follow anywhere.:bow28: giv em h3ll cellar.
haha! ;]

Cellar for president :D

Anyhow, Im hoping when I run leviathan I will get the results that you have gotten. 6 pounds for a bottle run seems pretty neat :]

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subbed...good luck you run some nice logs to so this should be good :cool:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
haha! ;]

Cellar for president :D

Anyhow, Im hoping when I run leviathan I will get the results that you have gotten. 6 pounds for a bottle run seems pretty neat :]
if you keep diet in check-i ate like a pig, and do cardio-i did do alot of cardio, but i always do, your results should be at least as good as mine.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
subbed...good luck you run some nice logs to so this should be good :cool:
Thanks bolt.

Ill be sure to try my best. If anyone has any suggestion/comments feel free to speak up. I like the advice. This is my first ever so called "cut" Hoping to make it a good log.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im in. Good luck Cellar!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Solid man, down for this.

What type of training are you planning (specifically what type of cardio will you be utilizing? I know you said you weren't on type but do you know how many days per week and such?)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Solid man, down for this.

What type of training are you planning (specifically what type of cardio will you be utilizing? I know you said you weren't on type but do you know how many days per week and such?)

Im still trying to figure that out. I will probably hit light jogs/ runs up to my gym. (gym is kinda far so I lack the effort to get up, take the subway, walk 4 blocks just to run)

As far as training, I have been training with 6-10 reps for the last few months of my bulk to attempt to add some size. I think for the start of this cut, I will try to lower the reps but bring up the weights to keep the intensity high. That is what I think matters the most in terms of training. Also I will try to replace my protein calories for carb calories on my weakness day( on this day I train weak body parts that may need the extra intesnsity/training to get it to grow)

I have yet to figure out exactly what my training regemin looks like. I need some fair amount of work on the shoulder, back thickness and traps. I will most likely throw those in on my weakness day and if I feel anything else in needed I will throw that in there.

As far as running Ill probably try to do 3 times before my first meal of the day.

I would attempt to do cardio post workout but I think ill be too exhausted to run. I dont feel like collapsing on the tredmill.

If you have any suggestions/advice for me please let me know guys! :D

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Monday 28th April 2008​

For the first day of this cut, I didnt do any lifting. Instead I took the time to evaluate my diet and think about how the training is going to go.

I went to BJ's to pick up some cut chicken breast, some almonds,veggies and beef. I mainly loaded up on chicken breast and some spices to add to the chicken so it's not bland. If anyone has any good spice/seasoning recommendations please speak up. So far Im experimenting. Ive tried 1 teaspoon of teriyaki soysauce, italian seasoning and parsley with black peppers and white peppers.

As far as protein needs I satisfied my protein needs for today which is 325g or so of protein. Im making a rough estimate of my protein calories as I tried to keep track as close as possible. As for my appetite so far no matter how many times I ate, the lack of calories is noticed by my body. I used to satisfy my hunger when I was hungry. Now, my stomach is craving for food, and after giving it food its hungry for more. Energy levels seem decent despite the drop in calories. I will try to eat 6 times a day to keep my metabolism in super speed mode. Im excited to see what this cut has in store for me.

In terms of supplements I think I will use either RPM or Stim'd out for preworkout uses to keep energy levels up. So far Im still on neovar 2.0 and loving it. I dont plan on taking any fat burners till after at least a month.

Ill keep you guys posted. Sorry for the long post, I want to be able to go back in a few months to see my initial reactions on XX day.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday 30th April 2008​

Today I hit a morning workout. I don't know exactly what made my workout so productive today but I felt good and full of energy. I gave my body a surprise after 2 days of medium loaded carbs. I had a heaping scoop of oats in the morning mixed with 2 scoops of caesin. I took Neovar 2.0 15 minutes before that and when I hit the gym I was full of life and energy. It may have been me being phyched to my music as I dont usually bring a long my iphone. Any how lifts were productive, energy levels as well. So far on this cut, I look a bit less bulky. It doesnt seem as I am carry that much water weight as I was before. I also checked the scale and it said that I lost a pound. Thats pretty good for 3 days of cutting. I havent even started the cardio yet.

Meal wise I ate clean, just finished up a 15 ounce grilled chicken that I seasoned with italian/chinese seasoning. Tasted amazing. Cutting will not be fun but Im willing to do what it takes to lose fat possibly gain muscle and preserve strength!​

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Thursday 1st May 2008​

I forgot to upload this yesterday so Ill do it today. Workout routine for today was Chest,triceps,abs. I noticed in terms of growth I would like to work on some parts of my chest that seem to lack, and develop some seperation and definition in the triceps a bit more. Tricep wise, I seem to have the first head of the tricep pop out. It's pretty big, but getting the second and third head has been a challenge for me. It looks a bit weird because the upper areas of the tricep dont seem to be on par at all to the lower area. In this log I will add a new goal of working on the parts that I feel are so called lacking. Upper chest may need some work, 2nd and 3rd head of the triceps, and my sides and rears of my shoulders. I have neglected shoulders for sometime due to the training/pain I felt in one shoulder when I lifted. I have no isolated shoulder workouts and dedicated a day to hit them.

At the gym in terms of energy, I felt that energy levels were good. In terms of reps I tried to keep that on the low side as I had absolutely no one around who could spot me if I get stuck. It seems that I get stuck at random times during my sets. The last rep would come down smoothely while the next one would either start to fall or I would not be able to hold the weight. This instibility with the weights makes me very cautious especially when managing bench press by myself with no one around. In terms of energy, 4 caps of neovar with 4 scoops of apple Xtend and Apple Estacy Syntrax seemed to work wonders for me. I added 2 slices of whole grain bread 15 minutes after the neovar dose. I have been experimenting with different types of carbohydrates with neovar and so far I find that simple and complex carb combinations work the best. 1 Banana and a cup of oats seemed to be the best for energy with Neovar 2.0 I havent started doing cardio in the morning yet however Im starting to drop body fat reguardless. The upper portions of my abs, which were once invisible are now starting to show up agian. Although there is still fat above, The results that I am having without even starting cardio at this point is amazing. I will try to do some cardio in the morning next week. It's tough to do cardio when you have work so early on in the morning. Ill keep you guys posted.

P.S If anyone has had trouble with triceps,shoulder seperation and how you incorperated your routine to fix the slow progression of growth in certian parts of the muscle please let me know. I would like to hear some responses about this. Currently, I am mainly concerned with the lack of volume/mass the side delts show. It really gets to you when you realize big shoulders can make a huge difference in appearance. Thanks guys!​

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem with tri/delt separation (making it look like one long conjoined muscle, hate it.) I heard the best way is to just really focus on brining your rear delt up. I haven't had a chance to really try to add mass so when I start back up I am going to be pounding my shoulders in general but with a lot of emphasis on brining up the rear deltoid.)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem with tri/delt separation (making it look like one long conjoined muscle, hate it.) I heard the best way is to just really focus on brining your rear delt up. I haven't had a chance to really try to add mass so when I start back up I am going to be pounding my shoulders in general but with a lot of emphasis on brining up the rear deltoid.)

I feel you OCC. My sides, rears heck my entire shoulder needs work. Along with traps which also lack for me.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Saturday 3rd May 2008​

Yesterdays progress, sorry I forgot to upload.

Had a pretty bad day yesterday. Lifts weren't that great in sets or energy. I took 4 caps of RPM about 45 minutes before the workout. I didnt feel much, I think im all stimmed out or tired to the core. I feel asleep yesterday at 2am in the morning and I had to wake up early. I felt as if that lack in sleep has really affected my lifts. Ill keep you posted.​

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 4th May 2008​

Today's energy was a bit better than yesterdays. Cutting is tough this is the first time ive cut and I must say it's much harder to cut properly than to bulk. Today was a leg day. I didnt go heavy on the squats but I did feel them ache like crazy. Did a pyramid like set of squats. 135 pounds x 18,16,14,12,10 all with pretty low rest time. I then banged out some hack squats with 35's on each side for high reps going ass to the grass or as low as the machine would possibly take me. Although weights werent insanely high, I sure as hell felt the workout.

Diet wise, I cheated a bit today. Had some congee which is like a rice/soup sort of asian dish. I had two bowls which isnt as bad as it seemed. 2 bowls doesnt even equal 1/8th of a cup of white rice. It's mainly water, a bit of rice and some chicken,fish and pork in it. Afterwards I had some starchy noodles and a ton of mixed veggies with chicken and pork. You should have seen it. Taste was amazing. I watched my carb intake for the rest of the day after that meal as I did feel a bit guilty that it wasnt fibrious carbohydrates/ complex carbs. Ill keep you all updated.​

M

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Monday 28th April 2008​

For the first day of this cut, I didnt do any lifting. Instead I took the time to evaluate my diet and think about how the training is going to go.

I went to BJ's to pick up some cut chicken breast, some almonds,veggies and beef. I mainly loaded up on chicken breast and some spices to add to the chicken so it's not bland. If anyone has any good spice/seasoning recommendations please speak up. So far Im experimenting. Ive tried 1 teaspoon of teriyaki soysauce, italian seasoning and parsley with black peppers and white peppers.

As far as protein needs I satisfied my protein needs for today which is 325g or so of protein. Im making a rough estimate of my protein calories as I tried to keep track as close as possible. As for my appetite so far no matter how many times I ate, the lack of calories is noticed by my body. I used to satisfy my hunger when I was hungry. Now, my stomach is craving for food, and after giving it food its hungry for more. Energy levels seem decent despite the drop in calories. I will try to eat 6 times a day to keep my metabolism in super speed mode. Im excited to see what this cut has in store for me.

In terms of supplements I think I will use either RPM or Stim'd out for preworkout uses to keep energy levels up. So far Im still on neovar 2.0 and loving it. I dont plan on taking any fat burners till after at least a month.

Ill keep you guys posted. Sorry for the long post, I want to be able to go back in a few months to see my initial reactions on XX day.
Well..believe it or not....Mrs. Dash grilling chicken Seasoning is Awesome....im hooked on it.....but i also grill most of my food to get the most fat off of it as possible :) also...mrs. dash has no salt (salt is the devil) just a suggestion.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Well..believe it or not....Mrs. Dash grilling chicken Seasoning is Awesome....im hooked on it.....but i also grill most of my food to get the most fat off of it as possible :) also...mrs. dash has no salt (salt is the devil) just a suggestion.
yeah I actually found a way to season my chicken. I dont put salt on the chicken but some of the seasoning still has sodium.

I do italian seasoning, some black pepper, garlic and onion powder, little bit of olive oil, and chicken seasoning (primary sodium content comes from this)

It was so good that it made my dog drool all over my foot when I have her a piece.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd dam bro you better be droppin that weight..SOON! Summer is approaching VERY SOON!

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd dam bro you better be droppin that weight..SOON! Summer is approaching VERY SOON!
haha I plan on being lean next summer. Going to cut down to a reasonable bf because with my bulk it was getting a bit crazy. Then going to bulk back up to a lean 205-210 at 6'0 by next summer hopefully :)

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
haha I plan on being lean next summer. Going to cut down to a reasonable bf because with my bulk it was getting a bit crazy. Then going to bulk back up to a lean 205-210 at 6'0 by next summer hopefully :)
Gotcha :thumbsup:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday 6th May 2008​

Chest day! Smashed chest today. The lifts seem to have gotten heavier since before but it I can still smash the weight. I increased intensity on my lifts so that I wont shrink. (hopefully) My update is a day late, extreme DOMS on my chest. Feels great.​

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So you are not on any supps right now right? Or have you started them?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday 7th May 2008​

Smashed the back today. Pull ups 4 sets followed by lat pulldowns and deadlifts. In terms of energy I felt as if I was pumped. Intensity was good today, energy was alright for the amount of carbs im taking. (Roughly 200)

I havent measured the weight yet but the side of the abdominals are starting to bring themselves into shape agian. My abs are tired from yesterdays ab/tricep/chest workout.

Supplement wise Im currently taking Neovar 2.0, Green Tea Extract, Retain 2 and Sesamin Oil.

The Sesamin Oil I just started today. There are a few broken caps in the bottle but hey, what can you do about it right? In terms of energy I believe that Neovar 2.0 is responsible for the intensity in the gym. 1/2 cup of brown rice 10 ounces of grilled chicken and some veggies gave me enough energy to hit the gym effectively. So far so good. Ill keep you updated. No one seems to be visiting my log which is a shame :(

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
So you are not on any supps right now right? Or have you started them?

Ive introduced basic supps. Green tea extract for antioxidant/fat burner, sesamin oil. The retain 2 Ive been on for some time now. It doesnt seem to work for me at all. I dont like to lie about how supps help me if they dont. Retain in my opinion doesnt do ****. I dont know exactly whats going on but ever since retain I actually think my cortisol levels got out of control even more. I have stretch marks on the lower parts of my stomach since ive been on retain. I decided to finish the bottle anyway since I did blow 30 something dollars on it. Sorry AX just saying it like it is.

I started seasmin oil today. Green tea has been started probably 3 days or so ago. The fat loss isnt super extreme or fast in any shape or form. I find it hard for me to do cardio as I usually have work in the morning or the gym is too far and I dont want to go so early just for cardio. I do cardio after a workout for about 10 minutes on extreme/semi extreme levels 9-10 min of running on an 6.0-7.0 incline at 4.5mph speed. I usually hike up the speed to 6 for a minute and bring it back down. I havent done cardio in awhile so that 10 minutes is a killer for me. So far so good even with the lack of cardio.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how many caps retain were you taking?

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
how many caps retain were you taking?

3 per day even bumped up to 4 per day.

1 morning with neovar dose. (wait 15min) then eat

One after or pre workout

1 at night.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can relate. Although, when I bumped it to 6 caps. It reallly worked.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
I can relate. Although, when I bumped it to 6 caps. It reallly worked.
whats funny is that ive tried x-lean and it seems to work. People said x-lean was severely underdosed but at 3 caps it worked wonders for me. I could bump x-lean up a dose without a problem as well.

Retain-2 is another story. bumping it up spikes my bp. Makes me alert similar to a stimulant. All I know is I tried 2 caps one time near bedtime, wasnt a fun experience, had such a hard tim sleeping and I was wondering why I would feel my blood pumping so fast/hard.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well good thing you stopped it then. Ive thought about trying xlean. Havent heard much on it.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
well good thing you stopped it then. Ive thought about trying xlean. Havent heard much on it.
in my opinion x-lean > retain-2

I never told my brother I was taking an anti cortisol supp and he told me when he saw me one day, your waistlines is thinning, your losing your gut. That says a lot coming from my brother who never compliments you about anything.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
taroo.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i am still following :)

my dieting has been 1 week now and today is my refeed :cool:

sesamin oil is some good stuff and you should like it(at least i did)

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
i am still following :)

my dieting has been 1 week now and today is my refeed :cool:

sesamin oil is some good stuff and you should like it(at least i did)
I just started. Fat loss right now is in the basic stages. Green tea, sesamin oil. I think the basics of fat loss are awesome. :dance:

Cheap too. 35 bucks for sesamin oil that last for 2 months.

30 bucks for green tea that last for 2 months.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Saturday 10th May 2008​

I just decided to do some abwork, forearm work and some cardio yesterday. Took a sample of vasocharge from scivation. I like it, nice clean energy, great beta alanine feeling and endurance was through the roof! Ill keep you posted on todays workout with legs as I am usually late with updates anyway. I checked the weight, Starting weight was about 222 or so, Current weight 217. Not bad for 2 weeks so far so good!​

Last edited:
metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
WOW YOU LOST 105 LBS!!!! I kid. Awesome man keep up the good work!

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sweet deal homskeroonies. keep it up!:thumbsup:

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
Sunday 11th May 2008​

I missed my leg workout on sunday due to the gym closing early because of mothers day.​