Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
NIMBUS NUTRITION - SWELL

medium_medium.jpg

Core Nutrition's - Core ABC

View attachment default_medium.psd

Log Breakdown:

I have been chosen to log both Swell and Core ABC. In order to give each product an objective and exclusive review, I began dosing the Core ABC a week ago, and the Swell just today. As certain objectives of the product are the same, I will judge each by their mutual exclusive traits.

Dosing:

Swell

Workout Days:

1 serving 30 minutes prior to breakfast, 1 serving prior to training.

Non-Workout Days:

1 serving 30 minutes prior to breakfast, 1 serving prior to third meal.

Core ABC

Workout Days:

1 serving intra-workout, 1 serving immediately Post-Workout

Non-Workout Days:

1 serving 30 minutes prior to breakfast, 1 serving prior to third meal.

I chose this dosing schema to maximize the large BCAA content of ABC to aid in mostly endurance and recovery, while dosing the Swell Pre-WO to optimize hydration and performance; in this way, I feel I can also separate their effects even further.

Training:

I do a three-day split, working out on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. I structure my workouts around compound movements, periodization, and slow and controlled reps. I do not have set exercises aside from a main compound on each day (Dead, Clean, Squat, Bench, etc.,), and will give my feelings on the product in other manners. Speaking of, this is how I will breakdown the efficacy of each product:

Swell:

-hydration

-energy (all day, and intra-workout)

-recovery

Core ABC:

-intra and -post workout recovery

-strength

-endurance

I will also give my subjective feelings for all the products as a whole.

Diet:

Workout Days:

Chest/Triceps: 3600kcal
Back/Biceps: 3750kcal
Legs/Shoulders: 3850kcal

Each macronutrient is used moderately and deliberately in my diet. For example, most of my saturated fat content is in my first two meals, to optimize hormone production. While simple (r) carbohydrates are kept near and -intra workout to maximize Insulin, and so on.

I have been on Core ABC's product for one week now, and will do weekly updates in the next two posts, one for each product.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like a nice stack :D

look forward to the log

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Core ABC - Week One Review:

Intra- and Post-Workout Recovery:

The effects are most ostensible in this category, and definitely the quickest to take effect. I noticed around the third or fourth day of dosing that my intra-workout recovery had been minimalized. I was recovering about a minute faster, very impressed here.

Strength:

Nothing to really note here, as one would expect.

Endurance:

This, IMO, is where BCAA/EAA products shine, especially in terms of aerobic activity. I can feel the Beta and Citrulline doing their thing as well; the 'burn' is much less distracting and painful, and is replaced by a nice stretched feeling. The end of sets are slightly less laborious as well, and my later-workout endurance is improved.

In terms of cardiovascular training, the effects, as I said, are very quickly noted. The lactic acid buffering allows me to push my HIIT slightly harder than normal, which I appreciate.

I'll add the taste is not completely my bag. I'm much more of a grape guy; however, I gave some to a friend who loved it!

Core ABC - Week Two Review:

Intra- and Post-Workout Recovery:

In my opinion, this is the most cumulative, and most prominent element of Core. The inter set recovery is phenomenal, and inter day recovery is almost identical. Recovery is an underrated aspect of Beta Alanine, and the effects in this respect are most definitely perceptible.

Strength:

Once again, nothing out of the ordinary here. No more strength increases than I would normally expect to see.

Endurance:
Fantastic! My cross-fit training has had a distinct response from Core. Less burn, and more of a ceiling to push. I can feel my VO2 max increasing, and both products are helping me to alleviate the oxidative stress in this respect.

Core ABC - Week Three Review

Strength

The addition here is very cumulative, and obviously not peak-point increases. I feel in order to appreciate BCAA products, you need to be somewhat 'dialed-in' with your training. For example, when tallying up my weight x volume over the course of the three weeks, I have made very consistent gains in reps, which are above the average of what I would normally produce. Now, I've had no other alterations in training or diet, and while subtle, the gain is there.

Endurance

Phenomenal. The endurance increase is both direct and secondary. In a direct sense, I simply have increased intracellular stamina, and secondary with the lactic acid buffering pushing my cross-fit cardio further. This would be a great product, IMO, for those who train high-volume, or other types of anaerobic activity. Feels like a very prominent effect on my VO2 max.

Recovery

I haven't noticed much more of an intra-workout recovery effect aside from what I initially noted; however, inter-workouts has been increased as well. I usually suffer from fairly prominent DOMS, occurring the day after the gym and lasting at times 3-4 days. This has lessened to two days, which I am very happy with.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Swell Week One Review

Hydration:

Absolutely phenomenal. Proper intracellular hydration is oft-too overlooked in the BB'ing environment. I can feel the effects here in terms of overall athletic response.

Energy (all day, and intra-workout):

Stable, and obviously not stimulant induced. Just a healthy focus due to the increased hydration, which adds to a proper diet.

Swell - Week Two Review

Hydration

Once again, I think this is the most valuable aspect of the product. I am an avid golfer, and I have been able to squeak by an entire round with approximately 20oz of water. While that is more of a cosmetic evaluation, I think a more objective evaluation is muscular tightness while doing cardiovascular training. I have always been one to promote proper hydration to prevent injury, and Swell has really assisted me in this respect.

Energy

Once again, cannot say I have noticed much more, just a little bit more 'gas'. I realize that is quite subjective, but the stability of non-stimulant energy is there.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't find it on the nutra site for Swell, but do you have any idea how much BA is in it (or maybe someone on the log would know?) Since both products contain it do you notice any effects of going over the normal amount (I usually don't go over 4-5 grams a day.) I'm assuming this is above your normal intake but figured I would see if you noticed it.

Also have you ever had a Leucine intake as high as this?

Curious to see how the log runs for ya.

rubberchicken

Awards
Subbed - would love to run this stack. Nice log set up by the way

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I couldn't find it on the nutra site for Swell, but do you have any idea how much BA is in it (or maybe someone on the log would know?) Since both products contain it do you notice any effects of going over the normal amount (I usually don't go over 4-5 grams a day.) I'm assuming this is above your normal intake but figured I would see if you noticed it.

No, I have never run either Beta or Leucine as high as this, so I'm really excited to see the effects on endurance especially.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'll add the taste is not completely my bag. I'm much more of a grape guy; however, I gave some to a friend who loved it!
No wonder it took me so long to find your log, you were giving it a week before reporting in. Subbed

btw, Core sent me the grape one. :ntome:

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No wonder it took me so long to find your log, you were giving it a week before reporting in. Subbed

btw, Core sent me the grape one. :ntome:
You son of an anal-whore.
:rasp:

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Ahhahahaha, I told them I'd take whichever one you didn't want. And for the sake of choosing I'd pick grape since it was the older flavor.

Dancebot 2000

Dancebot 2000

Awards
  • Established
Mullet doing a log....how cute. Sub'd.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
That music reminds me of something...

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Almost missed this one. Good luck with this mullet! :D

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Update:

Training: Legs

Deep Wide Stance Squats: 3 sets/ 8 reps/ RP on 5-8/ 3:2 ratio

Explosive Front Squats: 2 sets/ 5 reps/ 1:1 ratio

SLDL: 3 sets/ 12 reps (8 on the last)/ RP on 8-12/ 3:2 ratio

Close Foot Leg Press: 3 sets/ 20 reps/ 3:1 ratio

Legend:

RP = Rest Pause
3:2 = Eccentric: Concentric Motion

Overall Feelings:

Absolutely fantastic endurance received from both products, and the combination of Beta-Alanine and Citrulline Malate from both products essentially negates any inhibiting burn. I wanted to do a dynamic/explosive/high rep day, to test out the endurance of both, and I was phenomenally impressed. I raised my speed Front Squats 10lbs today to 225lbs total. That doesn't seem like much, but doing these reps with utter control and speed is difficult with light weight. I control them, stay stiff in the hole, and exhale as I explode out, with a nice lockout at the top.

Swell:

Hydration:

Fantastic. As I said, I attempted to push myself today towards my VO2 max to test out the capabilities of each product here; normally, I have extreme dry mouth and lightheadedness after this particular workout, no such occurrence today.

Energy (all day, and intra-workout):

Very, very subtle energy from this product; there is no stimulation, but a general athletic energy, a refreshed feeling. Very nice.

Recovery:

This is a bit of misnomer, as recovery implies I was fatigued in the first place; while the weights were properly heavy, I simply felt like I should load more. I kept them within safe range, however.

Core ABC:

Intra and Post Workout recovery:

This is the only category, in my opinion, that is necessarily difficult to separate the effects of Swell and ABC. I would just reiterate what I said above in terms of recovery (or a need lack thereof).

Strength/Endurance:

I combined these, as I think they are somewhat intrinsic when it comes to BCCAs. Lactic acid buffering and optimal energy usage means an increased ability to complete latter-set reps; essentially, this is strength as well, in my opinion.

Great session here. I felt that some of my most complete and deep reps were the last of each set; this is where I felt each product shine. Great stuff so far.

I'd add I despise the taste of Core ABC, but that's because I think Fruit Punch period is rancid. I hate Hawaiin Tropic, and this tastes somewhat similar. I feel that is just me, however, as a friend of mine liked it alot. He thought it was juice.

:p

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great reviews mullet. Looking forward to seeing how these products work for ya.:bb2:

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like all is going well so far eh! ;)

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
You are the first person who does not like the taste of Fruit Punch. Most people like it better than any other BCAA containing product. I think I am seriously addicted to it and go through a gallon a day. To each his own though; that is what makes this your review. I wish you would have told us you hated Fruit Punch when we asked you which flavor you wanted lol.

Looking forward to more updates.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha, sorry dude. I suppose it somewhat slipped my mind. Update in a few hours: Back.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Updated. I like retrospective updates more, because with subtle products like these, everyday updates can skew the results. I'd rather look back on my notes throughout the week, and comment on somewhat solid emergent patterns.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
So where is this update I was promised? Do I really have to re-read your shenanigans from days past to find them?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Up at the top, weiner. In the update posts.
weiner? We're all adults here, you can call me a ****. lol
I could even take it one step further and ask you how you're liking the fruit punch :rofl:

I'm liking the recovery from it as well bro. It's definately becoming a staple supp. I had a bit of a convo with AFJON on my log regarding 'stacking,' if you will, xtend and CoreABC for lean mass preservation during a cut. I think it'd be a great idea. CoreABC around workout time, and xtend during the rest of the day for bcaa supplementation.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree, it's a product based in utility and not flash, which serves my purposes well. Though, I'm ****ing Superman, so it's hard not to be flashy.

;)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Though, I'm ****ing Superman, so it's hard not to be flashy.

;)
Whereas I just photoshop smiley faces on to my crotch. To each his own I suppose.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Updated again. The reason why I have chosen to run my log in this fashion is as follows:

a) Clutter. Logs invariably bloat to 20+ pages of information which is necessarily useless to an individual trying to research a product. In this manner, somebody can search for "Swell" and literally see nothing but results.

b) Hindsight. By updating weekly, it allows me to see the more additive effects of product like these. They are not steroids, and will not have a 'kick-in day', so to speak, but an aggregate effect on performance; I thought the fairest way to represent that is with weekly updates.

:)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As for taste:

Poseidon:

Too mild, in my opinion, however I do understand the difficulty in flavoring some of these nasty ingredients. A more tangential lemon/citrus flavor would have been more to my liking.

Core ABC:

As I've said before - I hate Fruit Punch. However, I can tell that others would rave about this, as it tastes exactly like what I despise.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
As for taste:

Poseidon:

Too mild, in my opinion, however I do understand the difficulty in flavoring some of these nasty ingredients. A more tangential lemon/citrus flavor would have been more to my liking.

Core ABC:

As I've said before - I hate Fruit Punch. However, I can tell that others would rave about this, as it tastes exactly like what I despise.
Don't you mean Swell? Or did you get a tub of Poseidon as well?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good feedback so far Mullet.:thumbsup:

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards

Beta-Alanine - 1.6g
CM - 1g

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you. I hope there's enough information, I'd just rather keep this to the facts.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
4 days of Core, and 11 days of Swell!

:)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good log Mullet...not cluttered and to the point...very effective :cool:

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
yeah its nice actually being able to read about the product...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 6
shaunnner Anabolics 4
Supplements 1
Weight Loss 5
Weight Loss 19