Summer Prep with IGF-2, Anabolic Pump, RPM and Extras

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.54%

OOC sounds pretty promising, I'm planning a similar stack after my X-factor/RPM/Drive stack is done. I may keep the RPM and Drive and add the Anabolic Pump and IGF-2. You have any thoughts?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I would say keep the RPM and Drive and add in the Anabolic Pump. How long have you been on the current stack?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.54%

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    I would say keep the RPM and Drive and add in the Anabolic Pump. How long have you been on the current stack?
    I'm about 5 weeks in and I've really enjoyed this stack. I'm dosing .750 mg of the X-factor per day and avoiding the omega-3s during the stack. I'm currently up about 6-7 lb since I started, I think I may go back on the X-factor after cycling off for the recommended 50 days.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Yea I would look into keeping the Drive and RPM and adding in the AP. Drive and IGF-2 would be very costly and I feel the AP will compliment the effects of the former nicely (and you will also be able to discern the effects of the AP since you have experience with the other supps.) Let me know what you decided on though.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.55%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I was reading the beginning of this post and im also a taller guy who had trouble with devolping my back. Two years ago i started deadlifting hard and doing standing barbell rows and my back blew up and got shredded, wish i could do that to the front part of my body
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Quote Originally Posted by pavb10 View Post
    I was reading the beginning of this post and im also a taller guy who had trouble with devolping my back. Two years ago i started deadlifting hard and doing standing barbell rows and my back blew up and got shredded, wish i could do that to the front part of my body
    Yea man I would give anything to be able to do heavy deads again but have made the decision to forgo them due to my back. Barbell rows (with moderate weight and a belt) will be key to success in finally developing a proportional back (especially when I start back up trying to gain LBM.)
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.54%

Thanks for the input OOC, think that may be what I'll end up doing afterall.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.64%

good luck man ckd diets are tough but very effective
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  285 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.16%

Thumbs up Massive back?

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Yea man I would give anything to be able to do heavy deads again but have made the decision to forgo them due to my back. Barbell rows (with moderate weight and a belt) will be key to success in finally developing a proportional back (especially when I start back up trying to gain LBM.)
    If you really want to develop a thick and massive back definitely make sure you do not forgo the simple, but yet often overlooked pull ups. Using a reverse wide grip and then maybe strapping a weight on for resistance. Conventional barbell rows are definitely effective, but I also like to throw in reverse barbell rows...feels like adds that extra tension to the workout. Anyway, just my two cents bud. Keep up the hard work and good luck to you as you continue on.
    "Never trust a b*tch because b*tches be crazy, now get out there and go crush some P***Y!" - Jerry Stiller.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Yea I usually feel the effects of low carb diets (but in the past I also didn't compensate by raising fats enough.) I am actually really looking forward to being able to eat beef, cheese, and some other things i usually don't eat. Oh and the bottles of EVOO/Flax I will be going through like crazy ahah.. I also find if I have a massive carb day (not unhealthy but just healthy foods) I am completely content. Hopefully RPM can help me with the adjusting period to ketosis.

Yea man I definitely focus on pull ups. I usually do them every other week but with the CKD starting and training changed they will be weekly. I'm hoping I see some improvements by summer (both from decreased bf and some size.)

Week 3 update tomorrow.
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.22%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

bulking on a CKD is what i'll be doing next go-around. I put on fat way too easily to allow carbs near me when i'm in a calorie surplus
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    bulking on a CKD is what i'll be doing next go-around. I put on fat way too easily to allow carbs near me when i'm in a calorie surplus
    I have never tried it but I find as long as I take in quality carbs and limit to 4 out of my 6 meals a day I can put on lbm pretty quickly with limited to no fat gain. Of course the addition of AP helps out, but I also find it hard not to sneak in extra carbs (which in the past has lead to some unnecessary weight gain.)

I remember running across some of your posts while discussing your CKD cutting phase. Did that turn up positive results (in both fat loss and muscle retention?)
  13. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.22%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

it seems to work really well for me. I lean more towards a TKD style tho. thats where carbs pre/post workout are used every workout day, but no significant amounts of carbs non workout days or other meals. The last almost 3 weeks i've been doing that on a ludicrously restricted calorie diet - highest planned day in 3 weeks has been 1600 cals(had one bad cheat day), lowest just under 1100, with hitting 200g of protein a day. I've lost 9lbs on that, and my lifts are within 5% weightwise (some are up) of when I was on superdrol and 15lbs heavier. I can see the definition changes day by day sometimes.

I think i'm finally really at 15%. so not too much more to go
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    it seems to work really well for me. I lean more towards a TKD style tho. thats where carbs pre/post workout are used every workout day, but no significant amounts of carbs non workout days or other meals. The last almost 3 weeks i've been doing that on a ludicrously restricted calorie diet - highest planned day in 3 weeks has been 1600 cals(had one bad cheat day), lowest just under 1100, with hitting 200g of protein a day. I've lost 9lbs on that, and my lifts are within 5% weightwise (some are up) of when I was on superdrol and 15lbs heavier. I can see the definition changes day by day sometimes.

I think i'm finally really at 15%. so not too much more to go
    Yea TKDs seem very solid (its essentially what I have been doing the past week or so except I still take in carbs from nuts and such after my workout carbs.) 1100 cals a day is insane, but more power to ya if you can keep your sanity/muscle. Thats awesome that your hitting you goals and seeing changes. Cutting sucks pretty hard but the changes make it all worth it.
  15. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.22%

like today as an example, i'm in florida, its 12:45, and i've had about 300 cal so far for the day :P non workout day. about to have another 150 or so
    This space for rent

16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Week 3 Review

Weight: Weight: 207.3 (-1.9)
    Arms: R:15 1/4 (no change) ::15 1/2 (no change)
    Waist: 37 (-1/4 in)

Not huge numbers on the scale but thats not where I want to see changes per say but rather in the mirror, and mirror changes there are. I know how I loose weight and it is truly the definition of inside out (my extremities go then chest and back, and then finally the love handels and mid section.) I have not noticed any big changes in the mid section and no change in love handle area but I can say that my legs are becoming extremely lean while my lats appear more present and my chest is looking fuller/more defined (it actually looks bigger with separation from the delts forming nicely.) I also know I am holding some water weight because my sodium intake has been a bit higher than it should (been eating some deli turkey and frozen chicken breasts lately while my water intake remains at 2 gallons a day.)

As far as supplements go I'm not going to go into huge detail with either the IGF-2 or AP because both of their final reviews will be comming up shortly so I will save it for that.

RPM has been so-so. The first day I took it I felt the effects immediately (however it was taken by itself and not with IGF-2 and it was also on an empty stomach upon waking before cardio.) The effects I felt on day one were what I was expecting daily. However I have yet to see those results again. I have a couple questions regarding RPM: Is one hour after a carb meal too soon to be taking RPM? Would IGF-2 blunt the effects of RPM due to the release of GH? I'm trying to figure out what would cause the lack of effects and these are the factors that are different from day 1. Either way I will no for sure in the upcoming days because all my workouts while on ckd will be empty stomach (that includes lifting) so RPM will be truly tested and I can find out whats going on with me. If I still feel no effects than I am going to ramp up the dosage to 5 pre workout.

I think the fat burning is really going to be kicked into high gear in the following week and will definitely bring me some answers regarding my bodies reaction to RPM on certain schedules/ dosing protocols. I will keep you guys posted.
    Last edited by OCCFan023; 03-22-2008 at 02:51 PM.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Day 24

Workouts
    -Began the CKD on Sunday so yesterday and today were both done on empty stomach to make sure I drop glucose levels to around 70mmol/kg in muscles hit (broke it into lower body + abs and upper body.)

Notes
    -Too early to realize if RPM had not been working for me due to early stages, timing, and other factors but this week will surely clear that up.

-My body is adjusting fairly well to the high fat intake and I'm absolutely loving my burger meal.

-This Saturday will be my first carb up (780 grams of carbs) and like the next person I love my carbs but even this is going to be a challenge.

-Just want to reiterate my final review of IGF-2 will be up in about a day or two.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Day 26

Workouts
    -Well since I began the CKD my workouts have completely changed and are geared toward glycogen depletion rather than strength so I will no longer really update on strength increases.

-I have been doing empty stomach lifting and cardio 5 out of 7 days.

-RPM has really been helping me out with energy during my bodies transition to ketosis. On days I have taken RPM in the morning I have felt no abnormal energy loss during the day and have still been able to bull through my workouts (which has every set rest times of 60 or 90 seconds for all lifts including squats, bench, rows.)

Notes
    -Finished up my bottle of IGF-2 and will post up my review of it on Saturday or Sunday. My Anabolic Pump review that I have been meaning to do for a while (since this was not my first time on it) will also be included.

-I will not be updating daily anymore because my workouts don't really coincide with that. I will remark on energy levels as I continue to adjust, give weekly updates on fat loss, and so on.

-Also I will be adding in a bottle of ANs Lipo-PM courtesy of Easy. Will post up my thoughts on it once its added in.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Applied Nutriceuticals IGF-2 Review

Preface:
    -I began IGF-2 on day 1 of my cutting phase in hopes of strength retention while on a reduced calorie diet, aid in preservation of LBM, loose body fat at a controlled rate, and to help with sleep and overall well being. Was used in conjunction with AP (which I have used before so results were easily separated between the two.)

-I ran 1 bottle for a total of 24 days with a dosing pattern of:
    4 pills pre-workout. 3 pills midday, and 3 pills 45 minutes before bed.

Body Changes (Initial ---> 3 weeks after)

Weight : 220 -----> 200.2 (-19.8 *Water and Glycogen loss attributes to this as well.)
    Body Fat %: 14%---->12% (-2%) *this is done by my idea of bf. Judge from pictures for personal thoughts.
    Waist just below navel: 38in ---> 36.5 in (-1.5 in)
    Arms: R:15.5 L:15.5 ----> R:15.25 (-.25) L:15 (-.5)
    Calves: R:15 L:15 ---> R:14.875(-.125) L: 14.5 (-.5)

Strength/Cardio Endurance:
    -Throughout the 3 weeks I noted all lifts remained within 5% of their pre cut PRs. Although no strength was gained I was not surprised as I was not taking this product for that intention. I am very pleased with knowing abnormal strength loss (which in turn would lead me to believe LBM loss was occurring) did not occur at any point while taking IGF-2.

-Despite some peoples success with IGF-2 and endurance/cardio benefits I personally experienced little/no benefit. I noted from the first dose that while doing empty stomach cardio I was sluggish and tired easier than normal (I am assuming this is from the gh release?)

-However abstract from the results I saw from endurance during cardio I saw immediate benefits in recovery and endurance during strength training. Within the first week time between sets and exercises were drastically reduced. I give myself 2-3 minuets in between sets on smaller muscle groups and 3-4.5 minuets on larger muscle groups (and typically go towards the latter allotted time.) While on IGF-2 and keeping weights high I was barreling through rest times and there fore also cutting down on overall time in the gym.

Fat Loss
    -I can't directly attribute fat loss to IGF-2 since I saw no remarkable jumps compared to previous fat loss periods without it, but LBM retention was definitely seen; namely dosing 4 caps prior to empty stomach cardio. I use to do empty stomach purely on an empty stomach and although fat loss was solid muscle loss was always in the back of my head. With IGF-2 I felt no adverse sides to emtpy stomach cardio and felt like it was almost a "armor" protecting muscle from unneeded breakdown.

Overall Subjective Feelings
    -Drastic increase in anaerobic recovery time, but no increase/slight decrease in aerobic exercise.
    -Acne noticed on chest 7 days in, subsided by day 14.
    -Increase in nail growth as well as hair growth after 10 days remaining for the rest of the products use.
    -Much improved sleep. Within 45 minuets of taking IGF-2 before bed I was out like a light. Vivid dreams and deep RPM sleep was noted. Woke up resfreshed and ready to go every morning.
    -No mood elevation that people report while take GH/Test boosters.

Overall Ratings:
    Strength Retention: 8.5/10
    Endurance/Recovery 8/10 (loved the lifting benefits, not a fan of cardio results)
    Sleep: 9.5/10
    Pumps/Vascularity: 7/10 (Pumps and vascularity where there, but no different than when I was taking AP solo, so I attribute vascularity and pumps to AP.)
    Product as a whole: 8.25/10

Overall I very much enjoyed IGF-2 and its benefits. I recommend it too anyone considering trying it out and would love to see what someone could do on a purely LBM/strength gaining period.

Before:

After:
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Anabolic Pump Review Coming Later Today!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

USP Labs Anabolic Pump

Preface:
    -Although I ran this bottle of Anabolic Pump along side IGF-2 I have been using AP for quite some time (have used two bottles previously in the past.) So this review is my overall feelings toward the product from the sum of my experience with it and not just this particular log.

-Also since I have run it before I can easily distinguish what I felt this go around when it was with IGF-2.

Past Experiences.
    Well over a year ago I was sidelined from all lifting due to injury and was contained to doing only cardio on an elliptical machine for a little over 5 months. I had just gotten up to 225 with a little bit to much fat and was getting ready to cut down when I was sidelined. Now over the next few months this is what I achieved with just AP and light cardio.

-Lost close to 20 lbs of fat (was at about 193-195 when I started back up.)
    -When I came back to the gym in early October within 1 week my strength was at pre injury levels (which means I had lost 0 lbm despite being unable to lift.)
    -Throughout my injury I was subjected to constantly worrying about eating carbs and instead could utilize them to preserve muscle while stripping off fat (not only was physically rewarding but mentally as well.)
    -When I got back into the gym in October I was able to start up AP with a solid nutritional and training regime and my muscle mass and strength went through the roof (I would have logged this but was unable to at them time.)
    -I got back up to 220 in 4.5 months at 4-4.5% less body fat than pre-injury! **Note 1 bottle of USP Labs Powerful was run with the AP.**

Body Changes *this Bottle* with IGF-2 (Initial ---> 3 weeks after)

Weight : 220 -----> 200.2 (-19.8 *Water and Glycogen loss attributes to this as well.)
    Body Fat %: 14%---->12% (-2%) *this is done by my idea of bf. Judge from pictures for personal thoughts.
    Waist just below navel: 38in ---> 36.5 in (-1.5 in)
    Arms: R:15.5 L:15.5 ----> R:15.25 (-.25) L:15 (-.5)
    Calves: R:15 L:15 ---> R:14.875(-.125) L: 14.5 (-.5)

Strength/Endurance:
    -Individually I don't find Anabolic Pump to increase strength but endurance is ten fold better. With the amount of carbs I am able to put down and therefore the amount of glycogen stored in my muscles I blow through sets at the gym.

-Aerobically AP is a godsend as well. During my bulk prior to cutting I would take AP with some oats and a banana prior to running 6 miles (this was twice a week) and it was a breeze.

Diet/Carbs/Fat Loss:
    -Anabolic Pump is a supplement of many uses. I have used AP to cut weight, maintain weight, and loose weight.

-Aside form the success I have had with AP during LBM gaining phases, AP is truly irreplaceable when trying to loose BF while maintaining LBM. I consider myself a endo/meso (leaning a bit more towards endo) and for me to be able to put down 230 grams of carbs a day while loosing significant body fat is remarkable. Keeping carbs high for me = lbm retention, and when fat loss is added I am truley stunned.

-I am currently using AP on carb ups during the CKD portion of my cut.

Overall Subjective Feelings
    -Recovery while on AP is incredible. Like stated before a product that has the ability to saturate muscles with glycogen has allowed me to burst through sets and keep a steady schedule/pace even on when I am consistently pushing past PRs with weight and reps.

-Pumps and vascularity are not what you will experience with a NO product. Full, pumped, engorged muscles is the only way to describe what I feel like in the gym training. Not only does this provide a mental boost and great feeling but it is creating an environment PRIMED for anabolism.

-Something I didn't expect from AP was its ability to aid in aerobic exercise. During my bulk I was running 6 miles twice a week. Not only did 6 miles feel like a breeze, but my gains were never hindered what so ever. AP and carbs before meant my cardiovascular system was getting worked out and kept healthy with no ill effects in gaining muscle.

Overall Ratings:
    Strength: 7/10 (solo don't notice much. Coupled with IGF-2 or PoweFULL and strength sky rockets.)
    Muscle Growth/Retnetion: 10/10 (result speak for themselves)
    Fat Loss: 10/10 (If I'm cutting and carbs are in my diet, so will AP)
    Endurance/Recovery 10/10 (both aerobically and anaerobically endurance was greatly increased)
    Pumps/Vascularity: 9.75/10 (unless I lift I don't notice much of a pump, but as I get to lower bf I have a feeling this will change and make it a 10.)
    Product as a whole: 9.35/10

Overall
    I can honestly say the Anabolic Pump will remain in my supplement collection for the rest of my days. Every stack I have will not be complete with out its effects. Protein Powder, BCAAs, EFAs, and AP are now my staples.

Recent Cut Results (Carbs were around 220-240 grams per day as well)
    Before:

After:
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

oo la la IGF-2
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

RPM update tommorow
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLifter89 View Post
    oo la la IGF-2
    damn straight
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.13%

Instead of logging daily results of RPM I am just going to finish them off than offer up a full detailed review. Thanks again for allt he help guys, and hope some people got some solid info on the products.

Also keep an eye out for a ReCreate stack log I plan on doing (with RPM and other goodies baby!)

Sam ~ I'll also keep ya update on the Dwight quest when I get the other log up.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Summer 2011 Prep
    By Harry Manback in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 10:23 PM
  2. Prep's Getting Ready For Summer!
    By PrepNwa23 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 12:05 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 10:23 AM
  4. Summer Prep Stack:Nos Ether,R4W,TribTE,Restore??
    By cjbadboy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 01:05 AM
  5. Summer Prep Cycle + PCT
    By xxdcmast in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 12:52 PM