precontest supplementation

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm new to this site (coming from bb.com), 36 yr. old natural bodybuilder who hasn't competed in awhile.
I wanted to share my thoughts on precontest supplementation; I'm preparing for an April 5th show. Looks like a lot of good, solid minds on this site, so any feedback is appreciated.
I've never started a thread before, so here goes:

Upon waking (@5 a.m., 30-45 minutes before eating):
1 gram L-Carnitine
1 gram Acetyl L-Carnitine
5 grams BCAA’s (AST)
5 tabs Density (Beverley International)
3 caps SuperCissusRx (USPlabs)
NOTES: the carnitine combo w/ BCAA is a great way to get the fat-loss going for the day, as well as jump-starting positive nitrogen balance after nighttime sleep.

15 minutes prior to Meal #1: 1 cap P-Slin (USPlabs).

Meal #1: 1 Super Pak (Beverly Int.) or
1 Animal Pak (Universal)
3 grams fish oil
500 mcg Chromium Picolinate
NOTES: I alternate the Super Pak with the Animal Pak as my daily multi-vitamin, because I like them both.

45 minutes prior to training: 3 caps White Blood (Controlled Labs). Preworkout nitric oxide booster

30 minutes prior to training: 1 scoop Purple Wraath (Controlled Labs)
10 grams micronized Creatine (AST)
10 grams Glutamine (VPX)
2 caps PowerFULL (USP)
2 caps Recreate (USP)
4 caps I-GH-1 (LG Sciences)

Immediately prior to training: 1 scoop Purple Wraath
7 grams BCAA caps (AST)

Immediately after training: 1 scoop Purple Wraath
7 grams BCAA caps (AST)
5 tabs Density (Bev. Int.)

15 minutes following training: 1 cap Anabolic Pump

30 minutes following training: w/ postworkout shake (Meal #2) - 400 mg COQ10
1 gram vitamin C
500 mg vitamin E
5000 mcg Biotin
10 grams micronized Creatine (AST)
10 grams Glutamine (VPX)

15 minutes prior to Meal #3: 1 cap Anabolic Pump

Mid-afternoon: 3 caps White Blood
1 cap Recreate
2 caps PowerFULL

15 minutes prior to Meal #4: 1 cap Anabolic Pump

With Meal #4: 2nd Animal Pak (if taking those multi’s for that day; if I take the Beverly multi earlier instead, I’ll supplement with 1 gram vitamin C & 500 mg vitamin E with this meal).

With Meal #6: 3 grams fish oil.

Bedtime: 3 caps ZMA (Beverly Int.)
1 gram L-Carnitine
1 gram Acetyl L-Carnitine
5 grams BCAA’s (AST)
1 cap PowerFULL
3 caps SuperCissusRx

I’ll also take 6 Ultra 40 tabs (Beverly Int.) with every meal during this time, and currently I am using Scivation’s Anagen (2 caps w/ meals #1,3 &5) for ecdysterone. Out of all the supps listed, only Anagen has the jury still out. Not convinced this is doing much, and I think the company has discontinued it. I just happened to have some at the time, decided to throw it in there.

Please welcome Steve to AM (I referred him to this great board and he is impressed by all the great info), he is a new member but a beast in the gym!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome!! if jacob likes you then you must be alrite lol. Thats a great lay out you got up there and good luck with prepping for the contest..one day i hope to compete.

avgBdybldr

avgBdybldr

Awards
  • Established
yes, welcome to the boards.

i do like your supplementation regimine. do you mind sharing about how much $$ your pulling out for that every month? wish i had a little more discipline in my timing of supps like you.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey thanx guys. Is that all it took, getting Jacob to get on here with me? lol

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
avg, you look anything but average btw.
y'know, i really don't keep track of my supp costs. i just include them as part of my grocery bill.
i would say food, supps, protein, right around $600/mo. for pre-contest tho if i had to guess.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey thanx guys. Is that all it took, getting Jacob to get on here with me? lol
that and u seem to look insanely jacked in your avi.....and ur supplement regiment looks very well thought out...but if you post some pics of monkeys in my thread in the supplement section youll secure your status LOL

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that and u seem to look insanely jacked in your avi.....and ur supplement regiment looks very well thought out...but if you post some pics of monkeys in my thread in the supplement section youll secure your status LOL

hey i'm still getting the hang of this. reply w/ quote is the thing to do, eh?
that regiment has been yrs. in the making man. went thru MANY supps to get to this point.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey i'm still getting the hang of this. reply w/ quote is the thing to do, eh?
that regiment has been yrs. in the making man. went thru MANY supps to get to this point.
o nice nice. hows the diet look for precontest? and how do you change up training during precontest? srry for all the ?'s i just like learning

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking good in the avi, welcome to the board.
thank you. the avi is from 4 yrs. ago, probably my all-time peak condition. i'll be bypassing that stage shortly tho... lot's of supp improvements since then!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
o nice nice. hows the diet look for precontest? and how do you change up training during precontest? srry for all the ?'s i just like learning
uh oh... you just had to ask, didn't you bolt?
give me just a minute, i'll lay that out too.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
haha when ever you get a chance no big hurry

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you just happened to hit my favorite topic..
here's the diet, i'll work on the routine.

Meal #1 (pre-workout) at 6:00 am
3 scoops Beverly Int. Mass Maker, 1 piece Ezekiel dry toast, 1/2 grapefruit
(70 grams carbohydrates, 24 grams protein, @395 calories)
multivitamin
3 grams fish oil

7:45 am workout

Meal #2 (post-workout meal) at 9:00 am
1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop Mass Maker, 1 scoop Isopure isolate, 1/2 grapefruit
(55 grams carbs, 35 grams protein, @ 385 cal)

Meal #3 at 12 pm
6 oz. chicken/fish/tuna, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup broccoli
(35 grams carbs, 40 grams protein, @ 380 cal)

Meal #4 at 3 pm
6 oz. 96% lean beef, 6 oz. sweet potato
(30 grams carbs, 40 grams protein, @ 340 cal)

Meal #5 at 6 pm
6 oz. tuna, 5 oz. salad w/ 2 TBS olive oil vinaigrette dressing, 1 cup broccoli
(no impact carbs, 40 grams protein, 10 grams fat, @ 300 cal)

Meal #6 at 9 pm
1 scoop Bev. Ultra Size, 1 scoop Cytosport Comp. Whey, 1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
(12 grams carbs, 47 grams protein, @ 290 cal)
3 grams fish oil

DAILY TOTALS: 215 grams carbs, 230 grams protein, 35 grams fat (inc. fish oil)
@ 2150 calories

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My workout philosophy follows. It does change incrementally throughout prep.
I’m utilizing a 3 on/1 off routine in a heavy/light split, so everything gets hit 2x week & all muscle fibers are getting worked.
DAY 1
CHEST: Bench Press
10/10/15/8/4/15/15 (90 sec. rest)
Incline Barbell Press
10/10/8/8/8 (90 sec. rest)
Incline Flyes
12-15 (3 sets, 60 sec. rest)

SHOULDERS:
Seated Front Press: 12 (4 sets, 90 sec. rest)
Standing Behind Neck Press: 20/15/10/8
D-Bell Laterals: 12 (4 sets)

EDIT: using this format, but i copied & pasted #'s used for a trainee - OOPS!

Last edited:
bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow nice nice thanks alot man i really appreciate you sharing

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DAY 2
LEGS: Squats: warm-up X20/warm-upx15/max. weightx15 reps/max. weightx10-12 reps/max. weightx6 reps/drop weight, max. x15-20
Lunges: 5×12-15 reps (NOTE: I do these in my home gym, as I do not have a leg press machine here. I would probably recommend presses if you go to a gym, or alternating presses/lunges every other time if you like the lunge.)
Leg Extension: 3×15 (slow & controlled)
Leg Curls: 3×12-15/3×10-12
Calves: Standing Raises 6 sets x15-20 (2 sets each toes pointed straight/in/out)

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DAY 3
BACK: Heavy Rows warm-up, then 5 setsx6 (90 sec. rest)
Front Pulldown: 5 setsx25/20/15/10/10 (all max. weight, 90 sec. rest)
Cable Row: 3×12 (60 sec. rest)
ARMS: Dips 4xmax reps (bodyweight, 60 sec. rest)
Triceps Pushdowns 4×12-15 (60 sec. rest)
Standing Barbell Curl 6×20/16/12/8/8/15 (all max. weight, 90 sec. rest)
Alternate Dumbbell Curl 4×12-15 (60 sec. rest)

OFF DAY: I’ll do my cardio here (1/2 hr. HIIT) and throw in 6-8 sets of abs. Cardio is not a big part of my precontest plan; the last 3-4 weeks I’ll throw in sprints to bring out leg definition, but I usually only do 2 sessions of cardio a week at this point.

DAY 5: CHEST/SHOULDERS
Incline D-Bell Press: 4×12-15 supersetted with
Bent-Over Laterals: 4×12-15 (1-minute rest between superset)
Flat Bench: 4×12-15 supersetted with
Upright Row: 4×12-15 (1-minute rest between superset)
Flat Flyes: 4×12-15 supersetted with
Straight-Arm D-Bell Pullovers: 4×12-15 (1-minute rest between superset)
1-2 sets of speed push-ups to failure.

If I did not come in the off day and do abs, I would do 6-8 sets consisting of 3 different abs exercises here to finish up.

DAY 6: LEGS
Leg Extensions: 4-5×12-15 (quick, powerfull raise; supersetted with)
Squats: 4-5×10-12 (60-75 second rest between supersets) then
Leg Curls: 6×12-15 (toes pointed toward shin; supersetted with)
Deadlifts: 6×8-12 (I use Romanian style here; 60-75 sec. rest) then
Standing Calf Raises: 5-6×20-25 (toes on blocks, feet pointed straight all sets, 60 second rest)

If you do this right, it should take you no longer than about 40 minutes to complete. Kinda reminds me of former Arkansas basketball coach Nolan Richardson’s assessment of his up-tempo game-plan to wear down the Razorbacks’ opponents: "40 minutes of Hell". The results are worth it.

Someone has commented about the simplicity of my exercises. Two things form the basis of my plan: first, because I work out in my garage, I don’t have room to put all kinds of machines or equipment in there. Second, while it might be nice from time to time to do utilize different things, I’m an old-school kinda guy who believes basic exercises are the best for development. And I don’t believe in long workouts either; get in there, hit it hard with max effort, and go recover. If you are truly going all out with max effort, you just can’t sustain that load over extended periods of time. Overtraining & burnout are not what I’m trying to achieve.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow once again thank you...i like your exercise selection, i tend to use very similar ones. i'll definitely be following this log so good luck with getting ready for april 5th

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
DAY 7: ARMS/BACK/ABS
Chin-Ups: 4xmax reps (60-75 second rest) then
Standing EZ-Bar Curls: 5x12-15 supersetted w/
Lying Extension: 5x12-15 (60 second rest) then
Pulley Curls (standing): 5x10 (supersetted with)
Pulldown Behind Neck: 5x12-15 (60 second rest) then
Straight-Arm DB Pullover: 3x20 (35-45 second rest)
6-8 sets abs using 3 different movements

DAY 8 -- REST & GROW!

whew, that was a lot of work.

Last edited:
snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wow once again thank you...i like your exercise selection, i tend to use very similar ones. i'll definitely be following this log so good luck with getting ready for april 5th
hey thanx bolt. best to ya.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
anybody have any feedback on the anagen by scivation?
or thoughts on ecdysterone in general...

avgBdybldr

avgBdybldr

Awards
  • Established
avg, you look anything but average btw.
y'know, i really don't keep track of my supp costs. i just include them as part of my grocery bill.
i would say food, supps, protein, right around $600/mo. for pre-contest tho if i had to guess.
thanks for the compliment and the question response. and $600 a month for all that is not bad at all

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the compliment and the question response. and $600 a month for all that is not bad at all

nope, not bad at all. pales in comparison to the amount i spent GETTING to that point.
i wish i had known of a site like this years ago, would've saved me a small fortune.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the recreate was a new add to my regiment that i just started yesterday. gotta tell ya, this was a great first experience; yesterday's workout (day #6 in the routine, the hardest of the week for me) was just insane. i've tried many preworkout energy/metabolism boosters in my time, some better than others, but the ones that worked the best to get me jacked always seemed to give me jitters to some extent. always read about "focus" claims that products made, well that never happened for me; in fact, the most effective ones made my mind race... until this stuff. now i know what that "focus" feeling's like. supersetting my quad/ham exercises, i felt like a machine, and when i completed the workout i felt like i needed to keep going -- UNHEARD OF on this day! very clean energy, no jitters or heart racing. same thing today with day #7 in the routine; i did a couple extra things in the workout, supersetting most everything, and still had energy at the end.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the recreate was a new add to my regiment that i just started yesterday. gotta tell ya, this was a great first experience; yesterday's workout (day #6 in the routine, the hardest of the week for me) was just insane. i've tried many preworkout energy/metabolism boosters in my time, some better than others, but the ones that worked the best to get me jacked always seemed to give me jitters to some extent. always read about "focus" claims that products made, well that never happened for me; in fact, the most effective ones made my mind race... until this stuff. now i know what that "focus" feeling's like. supersetting my quad/ham exercises, i felt like a machine, and when i completed the workout i felt like i needed to keep going -- UNHEARD OF on this day! very clean energy, no jitters or heart racing. same thing today with day #7 in the routine; i did a couple extra things in the workout, supersetting most everything, and still had energy at the end.
nice great feedback...keep up the work and im thinking of stealing this split when i cut in a couple of months if you don't mind

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nice great feedback...keep up the work and im thinking of stealing this split when i cut in a couple of months if you don't mind
by all means... i happen to think it works rather swell!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Started the SuperCissusRx about five days ago, and I'm feeling enough of an effect to offer some feedback on it.
In summation: good stuff! I've been pretty blessed as far as training as long as I have & not having any injuries, but I had noticed over the last 6-8 months or so, a little tenderness in my right elbow, and a slight clicking sound in my right shoulder, especially when doing incline benches. This noise did not produce any pain, but it was just something I was aware of.
Well, in this morning's workout (in which I accomplished some PB's in strength & endurance for this period in contest prep, I should also mention), I became aware of how strong my joints seemed to feel, which led me to realize that I didn't have the tenderness in my elbow (again, despite pushing max weight) and the clicking noise was gone when I did inclines, despite max weight & all-out reps. Pretty phenomenal stuff. I can only wonder what this product could do for someone with joint issues more serious than mine. And the medicinal purposes for which this extract is used range pretty far & wide - definitely looks like something that should be in every bodybuilders' supp stack... very impressive product.

Last edited:
snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Apologies to anyone who caught that blip; I was looking at the wrong line on my supp calendar, thought I started the Cissus on Tuesday, the 5th; it was actually this past Tuesday, the 12th. Corrected the post, it reads right now.
Wow, 5 days... even more incredible.

avgBdybldr

avgBdybldr

Awards
  • Established
so are you doising the cissus at 6 pills (4500mg) per day? i just started supplementing with this on saturday at the recommended therapy dose of 750mg in the AM and 750mg in the PM. wondering if i should change it?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so are you doising the cissus at 6 pills (4500mg) per day? i just started supplementing with this on saturday at the recommended therapy dose of 750mg in the AM and 750mg in the PM. wondering if i should change it?
yes, 6 daily (3 upon waking/3 at bedtime).
this is working well for me. i'm too new on this supp to recommend any dosage changes for you; all i can say is it's working pretty swell for me.
might wanna get that answer straight from the man.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hey btw average (and anybody else who's following) i've moved this post over to usplabs forum, same title thread. there's been a lot of discussion over there; i kinda forgot about this one. come on over & check it out...

:bb::bb:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established

you can go straight to the source w/ that question too...