Java Lather Review

Soopaman

Awards
  • Established
I was in the shoutbox a couple of weeks ago and Crader mistook my name for Soapman. Of course, the name stuck, so for that Mrs. C so kindly sent me a LARGE bar of Java Lather for FREE!

My initial impression of the packaging was good, it came in a fancy brown box that had a small viewing hole for the soap. Unlike most soaps, the jumbo bar filled the entire box, not much room left in there. I did notice however that once the box is wet the ink/paint comes off very easy, so dispose of the box and don't leave it on the edge of the tub/shower.

The smell is fantastic. A coffee/caramel scent. Unfortunately, from my lady friends opinions, I don't think the smell transfers over after you're done washing.

The wash however is great, I'm not one to know much about soaps but it does live up to its lathering reputation. At this point it is too early to report on what sort of skin softening/smoothing effects it has, but I plan to report what I notice different when I finish the bar, as well as a report on how long the bar lasted.

I have some significant stretch marks on my chest and shoulders that have been there for years. Once the bar is done I'll give a rating on how well it has dealt with those, as well as overall rating of effects.

So far I really like this soap, and plan to buy it in a future NP order.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, few days late...my apologies....

Glad you are liking it. Yeah, the boxes are in the process of being specially printed, but the current labeled boxes are not meant to be displayed on the edge of the bathtub. :)

/and that is NOT a glory hole either.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Woohoo Soapman! Uhm you arent supposed to put the box in the shower;)

Can't wait to see how you like it!

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
Java lather has become a must have for me. I very prone to acne and have tried all types of soaps, but they all seem to aggravate my skin. Even cetaphil which all dermatologists recommend. I'm not sure if its the exfoliating with java lather or just its gentle nature, but its the first soap that has kept acne at bay. Top notch soap. never thought i'd be excited for a soap before.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to hear you're already enjoying java lather! Keep us posted with your overall results. :thumbsup:

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've personally had mixed feelings about java lather, at least concerning the bars. The first few times I ordered the bars I loved the product, especially the fantastic lather that they produce. However, from the last batch 3 bars I've ordered, the two bars that I've used have had an extremely excessive amount of coffee grounds in them, to the point that I can't really get much of a lather because scrubbing with the bars feels like running course sandpaper over my skin.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've heard nothing but rave reviews about Java Lather. Combined with Flawless, it's supposed to completely kill stretchmarks. The soap alone should help make them fade a bit. I've yet to try this myself, but I'm extremely anxious. I'm just waiting to get a job and start work, so that I can order some. It's been so hard to get a job lately, due to some personal and legal reasons. I have a few stretchmarks that I wanna rid myself of. I also have been breaking out a bit lately. I hardly ever get acne anywhere, but for some reason, I've been getting a little on my forehead, my chest, and my shoulders. I don't know why.

I'll keep checking back for any updates. Happy lathering! :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've personally had mixed feelings about java lather, at least concerning the bars. The first few times I ordered the bars I loved the product, especially the fantastic lather that they produce. However, from the last batch 3 bars I've ordered, the two bars that I've used have had an extremely excessive amount of coffee grounds in them, to the point that I can't really get much of a lather because scrubbing with the bars feels like running course sandpaper over my skin.
Hmmm.....were they the jumbo or regular size bars? I'm glad to hear that you've used java lather and enjoyed it. Was it that there wasn't as much of a lathering effect with those soaps overall making the coffe ground additive more prominent?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hmmm.....were they the jumbo or regular size bars? I'm glad to hear that you've used java lather and enjoyed it. Was it that there wasn't as much of a lathering effect with those soaps overall making the coffe ground additive more prominent?
I'm using the jumbo java lather bars. The large amount of coffee grounds in that batch of bars makes obtaining a satisfying lather next to impossible, as it's actually painful to scrub with the bars.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That was fixed, when we switched to a different coffee additivt the particals were bigger, we had production grind it down to a smaller size.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've heard nothing but rave reviews about Java Lather. Combined with Flawless, it's supposed to completely kill stretchmarks. The soap alone should help make them fade a bit. I've yet to try this myself, but I'm extremely anxious. I'm just waiting to get a job and start work, so that I can order some. It's been so hard to get a job lately, due to some personal and legal reasons. I have a few stretchmarks that I wanna rid myself of. I also have been breaking out a bit lately. I hardly ever get acne anywhere, but for some reason, I've been getting a little on my forehead, my chest, and my shoulders. I don't know why.

I'll keep checking back for any updates. Happy lathering! :)
The Java Soap and Flawless have worked extremely well for me. If someone were to tell me how well it would have worked before I tried it, I would have thought this was an ex-used car salesmen trying to work me over on an over-hyped product, but FOR ME, the combination of the two is ridiculous. It's great stuff man.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just checked NP, Flawless goes like crack at my apartment complex

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just checked NP, Flawless goes like crack at my apartment complex
They have a shipment that arrived last night, and another arriving tomorrow.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
That was fixed, when we switched to a different coffee additivt the particals were bigger, we had production grind it down to a smaller size.
The two bars I just received from NP are like 60 grit sandpaper. Its probably not a bad thing since it will exfoliate well, but its def a bit too rough. It's borderline usable, but I manage.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Damn you, I want some flawless.

As far as application, I love java bars, BUT they go way to fast...

This is why I like the bottle of java soap better, because it lasts 100 times longer, however the application of it isn't as good as the soap. You need like a micro loofa or something with this stuff. Good formula either way though.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established

This is why I like the bottle of java soap better, because it lasts 100 times longer, however the application of it isn't as good as the soap. You need like a micro loofa or something with this stuff. Good formula either way though.
Do you buy the Jumbo bar? I thought the regular bar dissolved too quickly, but the jumbo is well worth the extra money and lasts a long time for me.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
Only soap I'll use now. I kinda liked the overly rough coffee grounds. Great exfoliation! Those stretch marks came right off once the bleeding stopped.....kidding!

I never noticed it being that rough. I usually apply it to my skin and then to a loofa and scrub with that. Makes way more lather and the bars last much longer.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

I use the scrubber, are thy called loofas? and it starts to sudd up like crazy. I like the liquid.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Well get on over to nutra in the next few days and get you some. You'll love it emo.........It's awesome effects may even suppress some of those emo tendencies haha. :)

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well get on over to nutra in the next few days and get you some. You'll love it emo.........It's awesome effects may even suppress some of those emo tendencies haha. :)
That, stacked with Flawless, would help get rid of the noticable scars on the wrists.

Kidding. ;)

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Java Soap and Flawless have worked extremely well for me. If someone were to tell me how well it would have worked before I tried it, I would have thought this was an ex-used car salesmen trying to work me over on an over-hyped product, but FOR ME, the combination of the two is ridiculous. It's great stuff man.
Everyone seems to have a lot of luck with this combination. I'm hoping to rid my stretchmarks whenever I get the money to buy the Java and Flawless. I'll be running a cycle for mass, PCT, a thermo cycle, then put the Java and Flawless to good use, meanwhile using the Atomic Meltdown while hitting the tanning beds. Just in time for summer.

:bb2: