I'm On the Rag and it Roks (New Crushing Punch,Sponsored)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

[url]http://anabolicminds.com/forum/millennium-sports-technologies/64590-mst-ragnarok-write.html[/URL]

First off, a quick thats to Matt from Millenium Sports Techonologies for sending this up here to Canada so I can give you guys my feedback on this. This will be a 40-day run of the new and improved Ragnarok Crushing Punch Flavour. I've logged similar pre-WO suppls, Controlled Lab's White Flood and Axis' SMASH in the past, and I've used various other pre-WO samples like RPM and NO-Xplode among others that I will use as a basis for comparison.

Background

Height:
6`0 (minus a hair)
Weight:
155 at 6%ish bf
Current Phase:Lean Bulk

Background: I started weight training for fun starting at 14, and did competitive rugby and soccer during high school. In my freshman year at university things went downhill because I was forced to go on a mealplan with terrible options that caused a lot of weight loss. After finishing my year and getting off the meal plan I`ve been lean bulking and mass cooking. It took me over 2 months to figure my personal nutritional requirements along with alot of online reading and questions, and I still am constantly tweaking and experimenting. After this phase I started lean bulking, to my current 6.5% bf. I`ve had the chance along the way to log a few products, and started a few more bulk products at the end of 2007 including Yellow Gold, Beta Alanine, Green Tea and Powerful.

Diet
3000 cal daily (Maintenance + 500).
40% Carbs (300g ) 30% Protein (225g) 30% Fats (100g)

Pre-WO Meal 1: 7h00 100g Steelcut Oats, Scoop Whey, 2 Tbsp Flax
8h15-9h15: Workout with 2 scoops Lemonade Xtend
Meal 29h20 Scoop WPI,Ground Oats,100g Frozen Banana
PWO Meal 310h20 70g Complex Carbs (Usually sweetpotato + Biscotti) 100g Chicken Breast
Meal 4 13h30 Beef Chili with Extra Frozen Veggies (Staple frozen in tupperwares), Tsp Fish Oil
Meal 5 16h30 Grilled Wholewheat Salmon Wrap, Broccoli
Meal 6 19h302 Egg 0.5cup Eggwhite Omelette + Lowfat Cheese,Tsp Fish Oil, Carrots
21h20 1.6g bulk 1-Carboxy,2 of Nutraplanet`s ZMT,2.5g GABA
Meal 7 If hungry, will have some fats from nuts of fish oil + clean protein like chicken breast

I really find the porridge 1.5hours before working out gives me the energy to make it through the workout. If I have to workout within 1hour of my breakfast, I skip my post-WO shake and have a solid meal with almost no fats because I find my breakfast is still mid-digestion giving me the required energy.

In general my diet follows the guidelines suggested by Dr. John Berardi, with carbs and fats being separated, and my carbs meals are earlier in the day. I almost always train in the morning, or by noon at the latest.

Current Supplements
Daily Multivitamin, Vitamin C (500mgx5), Green Tea Extract (2x400mg), Whey Protein Concentrate and Isolate, Tricreatine Malate (Bulk 2x2.5g), Beta-Alanine (2x2g), Yellow Gold (600mg 15mins pre high-carb meals) Omega 3's (8g+ Daily)

Training

Weights (6 day cycle)
Day 1- Lower Body
Squats- 4 x 8 (2,0,2)
Seated Leg Press- 3x12 (3,0,3) no lockout
Leg Extensions- 4x10 supersetting with Leg Curls- 4x10
Machine-Squat- 4x10 (3,0,3)
Calf Raises and Calf Presses 3x10
Barbell Lunges 3x10 supsersetted with Front Squats 3x10

Day 2- Upper body Horizontal
Widegrip Bench Press- 4x8
Widegrip Barbell Row- 4x10
Incline Bench Press 4x10 Supersetted with Low Row 4x10
Preacher Curls - 4x10 Superseeted with Skullcrushers 4x10

Day 3- Abs or rest
Depending on how sore I feel and my school schedule, this is either an abs workout or a rest day.

Day 4- Legs Similar to Day-1 replacing squats with abs
Stiff-Leg Deadlifts 5x7
Calf Raises and Seated Presses
High Leg Presses 4x8 Supersetted with Cable Crunches
Leg Curls 4x10 Supersetted with Leg Extensions 4x10
Machine Squats 4x10 Supersetted with Leg Raises (lower abs)
Swiss Ball Ab Work

Day 5- Upper body vertical
Shoulder Press 4x10 Supersetted Isolateral Pulldowns 4x10
Dips 4 Sets to exhaustion
Pullovers 4x10 Supersetted with Shrugs 4x10
Back Fly 4x10 Supersetted with Pec Flyes 4x10
Pullups 4 sets to Exhaustion

Day 6- Rest

I will be taking ROK initially 20 minutes before I work out and see how it goes from there. I will be updating you guys on Strength, Focus, Endurance, Aggression, Overall Energy, Others

I'll start updating this once I get the product, which should be sometime this Friday. Feel free to suggest any changes/any improvements I can make!

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Great start! you know I'm in! You should see the product very soon!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
nice start! i'm in! :D

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I WAS GONNA USE THAT!!(title)
That's why I had to get my log up first ;) Especially since being in Canada I probably get it shipped last (Although Matt said it should be here by Friday).

I tried the ROK sample in the summer and I don't remember getting buzzed off it very well, but like I've said I heard great things and so I'm giving it another go. I've been off stims since mid-November so initially I might not need the full serving but I tend to build a tolerance to caffeine reasonable quickly. I can't wait to taste this though :)

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok! Quick update; I got it on Friday and have been on it for 4 days now. I'm waiting one more day before posting my inital workouts so that I have an idea of what I'm experiencing and so that all my results should be cohesive. Expect a large update tomorrow night guys, but can I say Wow this stuff tastes goood! Who does your flavouring ?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i could drink the blue raz caffeine free as a regular drink if it wasn't so expensive :)

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
i could drink the blue raz caffeine free as a regular drink if it wasn't so expensive :)
Oh man, the newest version of blue raz caffeine free (will be here in a week) is by far the best ever. I feel it is 100% better than last time :D

Not to mention the new version of regular Blue Raz tastes identical the caffeine free version.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried that sample yet. But this stuff is so good I'd want to have it as a drink right now, although I'm sure I wouldn't fall asleep for a quite while.
I'm happy and saddened to say that the brand new batch blows your sample away. The new stuff is tarter with no aftertaste at all and mixes near perfect......don't get me wrong, your sample will be enjoyable ;)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh man, the newest version of blue raz caffeine free (will be here in a week) is by far the best ever. I feel it is 100% better than last time :D

Not to mention the new version of regular Blue Raz tastes identical the caffeine free version.
hmm I may have to order a jug, I will be out of somnidren by then even with taking 5 days off now.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Product Review for the New Crushing Punch Flavour:

Taste: 8.5/10 I was expecting a really fruity fruit-punch flavour, but it had a almost creamy sub-flavour that sort of reminded me of cotton candy slightly. I would prefer a slightly stronger fruit flavour on it's own (Axis Lab's SMASH does this perfectly) or perhaps more of a creamy-cherry flavour. It is quite enjoyable, better than the Lemonade Flavour of White Flood but it isn't a 9 or 10 for me. I'm trying to think of different ways to describe it, but the closest is a fruity creamy mousse sorta deal.

Mixability: 9/10 The stuff like many pre-WO powders just fizzles into the water and disappears! I had a tiny bit of residue at the bottom when i added 400mL to it, but it was fine with 500 mL. Just gave it a few quick shakes, and it settled after .

The energy/performance aspect will be explored in detail in the next 50 posts.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 1- Cardio

• Strength - NA
  • Focus - Increased - 1st day gave me a psychological boost
  • Endurance Regular
  • Aggression Nothing noted
  • Overall Energy The caffeine + endorphins left me quite boosted
  • Other None
So today is a day 6 on my cycle which is cardio, so I took the rag 30 mins before my cardio and did the elliptical for 45 minutes. I clipped along quite well and made myself stop after 45 mins because it starts getting catabolic around 40mins from what I've read, but I had a great deal of energy. Cardio always leaves me pumped up afterwards so there wasn't much of a change, although the Rag definitely tasted good, I wanted a second serving to sip on during my cardio!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 2- Rest

• Strength NA
  • Focus NA
  • Endurance NA
  • Aggression NA
  • Overall Energy Caffeine got me awake quickly
  • Other
I'm going to be taking this every day, so on Saturday morning I took this 2 hours after breakfast when my stomach was pretty empty. I was surprised how long it took for the Rag to hit me, I didn't really feel any more awake until 30-40 mins afterwards, and in the past pre-WO's usually hit me within 20 minutes since I'm lighter. The caffeine gave me a big shot of energy, but it left me slightly crashed a few hours later. After not taking caffeine for over 2 months the energy surge led to a mid-day slump which was no fun.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 3- Legs

• Strength Poor at start but picked up mid-way through
  • Focus Slightly above normal because I was psyched for my 1st leg workout on ROK
  • Endurance Poor at first as well, but return to normal
  • Aggression Nothing unusual here, which is good
  • Overall Energy Low initially but high after my workout
  • Other ROK kicked in slow
Well on Sunday morning I took ROK 80 mins after my breakfast, and hit the gym 25 minutes after that. I wasn't feeling any extra energy at all which surprised me, and so my squats that I do first were quite weak. About 30 minutes later my energy was up a bit but I still wasn't "feeling" pumped or energized like I have in the past from previous pre-WO mixes. However after my workout I was quite energetic as my housemates commented, but I need the energy during my workout. I will try it once more 25 mins pre-WO and see how it goes, but I will probably take the ROK closer to 35 mins pre and see how it goes.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had a tiny bit of residue at the bottom when i added 400mL to it, but it was fine with 500 mL. Just gave it a few quick shakes, and it settled after .
I've found that although miscibility suffers (I believe that is correct spelling) that the taste is better at the lower water amounts. 300ml or so I believe (closer to 8-10 oz) and the flavor is superb, even if I do have to shake between sips.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 4- Chest- Horizontal

• Strength Benched with a stronger friend which pushed me, lifts were normal
  • Focus Was a bit sluggish today, no energy boost
  • Endurance Average - Felt OK after 60 mins
  • Aggression No increase noted
  • Overall Energy No energy boost :(
  • Other Not noticeable effect from ROK yet
I was expecting to get a big energy boost from ROK, but for the previous workouts it hasn't hit me at all. White Flood spun me, and I know it has some other goodies that make it more stimulating, but I find ROK doesn't stimulate me at all. I might just be tired, but after being off stims for over 2 months I was expecting the caffeine to really spin me. Going to keep at it, see if the effects pick up any.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 5- Rest

• Strength NA
  • Focus NA
  • Endurance NA
  • Aggression NA
  • Overall Energy
  • Dosing 1 hour after breakfast.
  • Other
This is one of my two rest days, too many classes for me to do anything at the gym. I was contemplating doing some ab work at home but recovery is more important. I felt the effects a little bit, but not very strong at all. I might have to try taking ROK first thing in the morning and just having a light shake then working out. I really love my morning porridge but if that's what it takes to get ROK to work I'll give it a shot. Still going to stick to my current protocol for a few more days.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Try mixing the Rok in less water for sure. It is really formulated to go well in 6-8 ounces tops and it will hit you faster and harder in less water. Make sure you shake the tub up before each serving too to ensure proper dosing of each ingredient.

I used to think this was the best flavor of Rok (because of the smooth bubble gummy punch taste) until I sampled the new batches of Blue Raz and Melon. They are off the hook. If you like tart & fruity then they may be more your speed for top rating.

Rok won't spin you like white flood because it doesn't have the other additional stimulants (Cocoa Bean (Extracted for Theobromine), Evodia Rutaecarpa (95% Evodiamine Extract) in it. ;) Plus the high amount of glucoronolactone will really increase the potency of the stims in WF. We weren't looking to crack any one out :)

Try a full scoop and see if it feels stronger. You are free to play around with the dosing if you wish.

Keep up the good work! Looks like the workouts are going pretty well.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try mixing the Rok in less water for sure. It is really formulated to go well in 6-8 ounces tops and it will hit you faster and harder in less water. Make sure you shake the tub up before each serving too to ensure proper dosing of each ingredient.

I used to think this was the best flavor of Rok (because of the smooth bubble gummy punch taste) until I sampled the new batches of Blue Raz and Melon. They are off the hook. If you like tart & fruity then they may be more your speed for top rating.

Rok won't spin you like white flood because it doesn't have the other additional stimulants (Cocoa Bean (Extracted for Theobromine), Evodia Rutaecarpa (95% Evodiamine Extract) in it. ;) Plus the high amount of glucoronolactone will really increase the potency of the stims in WF. We weren't looking to crack any one out :)

Try a full scoop and see if it feels stronger. You are free to play around with the dosing if you wish.

Keep up the good work! Looks like the workouts are going pretty well.
Ok tomorrow I'll try it in 200mLs or so. Nice and thick :) Also I've been taking the full scoop every time actually. I added a dosage bullet to my list on the last update and it will stay there. Will see how it goes tomorrow.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm wait you are only using 1 scoop preworkout?

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
You usually use(1 serving size) which is a lil less than one scoop (the fill line is like 85% full)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm my jug says "use one to two scoops" and talks about checking for tolerance. Also I didn't realize that the line was supposed to be where you fill to, I've been using leveled scoops.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm my jug says "use one to two scoops" and talks about checking for tolerance. Also I didn't realize that the line was supposed to be where you fill to, I've been using leveled scoops.
I heard that if you do the full scoop you won't get 40 servings out of it, but I wanted the extra kick. I'll just weight it out tomorrow and have a gritty low-volume mix. Will see how it goes.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i've been doing 2 full scoops. so probably 2.5 servings. no wonder i've been lit up at the gym.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 6- Legs/Lower Back

• Strength About average, back was exhausted after stiff-legged deads
  • Focus/ Aggression No aggression, good focus though; was about to rack the bar then made myself pick it up and do 2 more
  • Endurance Good, forced myself to get in a few extra reps
  • Overall Energy Average, not lethargic of super-boosted
  • Dosing 1 Full Scoop to the fill line
  • Other Lots of grit at the bottom of my shaker
I tried mixing the ROK in maybe 200mL of water, and the flavour was intense but there was alot of grit at the bottom. I sort of like it a bit smoother with more water, so I'll probably go between 300 and 400 mL.

This doesn't give me a spin still, although I had some good focus while working out. I was about to drop the bar during my stiff-legged deads and I forced an extra 2 reps out on both of my lack sets. This of course bit me in the but because I had some rack deadlifts lined up next in my workout, and my back was absolutely killed so the first two sets of those went poorly.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 7- Upper Body Vertical

• Strength Slowly bumping stuff up, added 10lbs to my shoulder press
  • Focus/ Aggression Nothing of note, normal
  • Endurance Pretty good, although I'm going to tone done my volume next week, different training phase.
  • Overall Energy Not bad, workout went by quickly
  • Dosing Full-scoop to the top, 30 mins pre-WO
  • Other Had a crash 2 hours PWO again
The mixing at 300mL still has grains at the bottom, but the flavour is still OK. Will be going up to 400mL again next time I think. I had a energy slump about 2 hours after my post-WO shake which kind of sucked. It's happened to me twice before, I'll be reasonably energetic during my workout and then afterwards for a bit; then 1hr after my post-WO meal I'll just be exhausted and can't keep awake during my lectures.

On the bright side I've noticed no problems sleeping yet, which I noticed on other stims in the past :head:

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 8- HIIT Cardio

• Strength NA, HIIT is always the same
  • Focus/ Aggression
  • Endurance
  • Overall Energy
  • Dosing 1 full scoop 30-mins before on an empty stomach
  • Other
The only thing to note is that ROK makes me urinate like crazy; I'd been off stims for 2 months so I'd forgotten about the washroom part of the gym routine caused my caffeine lol. Also I keep forgetting to shake up my container just to be certain everything is mixed properly, but I've just done it now and I'll see if there's any difference on my rest day tomorrow.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 9- REST

• Strength
  • Focus/ Aggression
  • Endurance
  • Overall Energy
  • Dosing Full scoop upon waking
  • Other
Well I definitely felt the caffeine kick in because I dosed it first thing upon waking. On a completely empty stomach it got me off to a fast Saturday! Wasn't in the gym so I can't say how it would have felt strength/endurance wise but it definitely gave me a morning boost, and I didn't have a crash afterwards.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
lookin' great in here, man! training looks like it's going fairly well.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking good Steve.

I use one scoop are two recommended?

How much caffiene is in one scoop 200 mgs I thought

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im stickign to the one scoop. It's working well for me.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah thats what I did this morning.

I took phenibut last night for sleep. Great sleep!

This morning I took Rag and I'm alert.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 10- LEGS

• Strength Lifts went well, bumped up weights a fair bit
  • Focus/ Aggression Normal, no aggression
  • Endurance Less reps b/c higher intensity
  • Overall Energy About average
  • Dosing Full scoop 60mins post-breakfast, 30mins pre-WO
  • Other- Toned down the volume, upped the intensity!
After rereading John Berardi's from Scrawny to Berardi it reminded me as an ecto that sometimes toning down the volume but increasing the intensity helps get results, so I've gone back to a 5x5 program for my heavy lifts and 4x8-10 for my accessory/lighter lifts.

Today when doing my squats, on my second set (after a warmup set) i pushed myself so hard that I literally saw stars. In the past I've always gone to intensity, but today I actually saw little black and white dots spinning in front of my eyes; that only happpened once ages ago on a decline bench. Not sure if that's exactly a good thing, but this workout was intense!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 11- Upper Body Horizontal

• Strength Bumped up weights since less reps
  • Focus/ Aggression Normal focus, was angry/ticked off after my workout though for no odd reason
  • Endurance Low because intense lifting
  • Overall Energy Pretty good for a Monday morning
  • Dosing Full scoop to fill line
  • Other Caffeine not making me jittery, not spun at all
Well it's been 11 days and I still haven't noticed the ROK hitting me/making me super energized. In the past when a pre-WO supp spins me, I'll find myself in the gym bouncing on my toes, tapping my hands on the wall etc. because I've got so much energy. I still haven't experienced anything like this with ROK, unfortunately. If it wasn't for the great cotton candy flavour that sticks in my minds, some days I'd say I don't notice any energy boost at all. Today's workout went decently but I can't really feel like ROK is having any effect . I'm not sure if I'm not responding to it, but it sort of reminds me of the original sample I had way back when that I got no effects from.

Comparing my experience to the other logs, they seem to be getting more energy out of ROK than I am. I should be pretty sensitive to the stims after taking such a break, so I'm not sure exactly why I'm not feeling ROK like the others. Anyways I'll keep on dosing it and seeing how it goes. Maybe they slipped me a caffeine free version by mistake? I definitely shook it up well so that all the ingredients are mixed.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I personally use level scoops too. Technically you'll only get about 34 servings in a continer if you use level scoops on the new flavors.

On your Black Cherry level scoops are almost precise dosing because the material is fluffier and it takes a level scoop. On the new flavors the fill line is correct for 15 grams total weight.

We've changed the suggested use instructions slightly on the new flavors for various reasons.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Looking great in here! It looks like your training sessions are going well. remember that we didn't want you to get too spun on Ragnarok like some of the other pre-workout products. In my opinion caffeine is over rated for working out especially due to its diuretic effects. the MSM combined with the caffine is most likely what is making you pee so often. They really flush the toxic water from the system.

The little flecks that don't mix are the glycerol and they most likely will always be there regardless of the amount of water you mix it with. most companies add other carbs to thicken the solution to keep the glycerol suspended, we didn't want to go that route because it is the added carbs combined with glycerol that usually gived people the sh#ts when it comes to pre-workout products.

Keep up the good work.

All testers were just sent samples of the new flavor batches of Ballistic Blue Raz and Warrior Melon. Let me know what you think when you get them.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
i've been doing 2 full scoops. so probably 2.5 servings. no wonder i've been lit up at the gym.
You are getting lit because your version still has the perfect delivery system :D most people couldn't handle it so we altered it slightly for all of the new flavors.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Today when doing my squats, on my second set (after a warmup set) i pushed myself so hard that I literally saw stars. In the past I've always gone to intensity, but today I actually saw little black and white dots spinning in front of my eyes; that only happpened once ages ago on a decline bench. Not sure if that's exactly a good thing, but this workout was intense!
I love when that happens.

Keep up the great work, brother!