- Precisely Flavored
- Clinically Proven Anabolic Enzyme System
- Sugar Free
- 14g BCAA / EAA Per Serving
- Aminogen and Carbogen
- Optimal Growth, Nutrient Timing, and Amino Acid Assimilation
- Enhanced Insulin Regulation
- Muscle Glycogen Replenishment

The perfect FinisH to your intense workout, Golden FinisH has been formulated specifically for the serious athlete. Research and development indicates that this nutrient rich formula will aid recovery and help stabilize blood sugar levels to avoid the post-workout "crash". By shuttling nutrients, electrolytes, and amino acids into muscle cells we are able to stimulate muscle groups more often for optimal growth.

Golden Protein Complex:

With Hydrolyzed Whey and Whey Isolate providing immediate and sustained amino acid delivery, we enhanced this complex with additional Leucine (the anabolic trigger). With Dicalcium Phosphate from our GFH Complex, the result is a mild tasting, highly effective, optimal recovery product that is easy on the stomach, and doesn't break the bank.

Anabolic Enzyme System:

To take this recovery and growth formula to the next level, we included the clinically proven anabolic enzyme system Aminogen and Carbogen. The result is more efficient utilization of key nutrients during the key post-workout recovery window, helping to trigger anabolism legally and naturally.

CoriCARB and Inulin for Nutrient Shuttling and Enhanced Insulin Regulation:

Our unique and proprietary sugar-free blend of premium, nutrient rich carbohydrate sources enhanced with Inulin will help the serious athlete replenish muscle glycogen and help shuttle amino acids / nutrients into the muscles while blood flow is optimal without the post-workout "crash" associated with other products on the market.

GFH Complex:

For optimal post-workout cellular anabolism, look no further than our GFH Complex. We included crucial Electrolytes and Taurine to work in synergy, keeping your muscles in an anabolic state at the cellular level and for as long as possible. As a bonus, it appears that this complex may even help reduce muscle cramping and unnecessary soreness.

FinisH every workout with Golden FinisH !!

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
The Log:

INITIAL MEASUREMENTS
Weight - 185
Body fat - (using Tanita scale, lowest 6.6, highest 9.1)

DIET
Meal 1 - oatmeal, eggs, yogurt, 1 scoop whey
Meal 2 - Almonds/Peanuts, 1 scoop whey
Meal 3 - tuna/chicken/beef + veggies
Meal 4 (pre) - 1 scoop whey
Meal 5 (post) - 3 scoops GFH, 1 scoop whey
Meal 6 - tuna/chicken/beef, veggies, eggs
Meal 7 - 1 scoop casein protien

I will be following this diet very strictly. The only deviation will be when I go out to dinner with my girlfriend (will still be eating healthy though)

SUPPLEMENTS
Vitamin Shoppe Mens Multivitamin
Controlled Labs Green Mag
Controlled Labs White Flood
Controlled Labs Purple Wraath
Controlled Labs Golden Finish
ON Gold Standard Whey (Rocky Road)
ON Casein Protein

ROUTINE
Day 1 - Chest/Abs
Day 2 - Arms/Abs
Day 3 - Back/Abs
Day 4 - Legs/Shoulders/Abs

Cardio will be 3 mile HIT after every workout

Training days will be alternated with days off according to my work schedule. For instance, lets say I work out 4 days in a row, I will take a day off and start over. Lets say I workout Day 1 and 2, I will take a day off and do Day 3, etc. etc. It’s a revolving workout schedule that really doesn’t follow a “standard” week. It works well for me at least.

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 1

Day 1 - Chest

Taste 10/10: I must say, the taste is simply amazing. I cant even describe what it tastes like, but a "tropical smoothie" accurately describes it. In all honesty, I think 20oz isnt enough water, as it is EXTREMELY sweet and potent at 20 oz. Definately bumping it up to at least 30 -40 oz. I compare it to that Iced tea mix, where it still tastes awesome strong, but tastes even better with a little more water (this is the case with GFH).

Mixability: 10/10 No clumps. I am staring at my shaker bottle and there is a little residue still left, but it doesnt prohibit me from enjoying it at all.

Thoughts: It tastes good, mixes good, and it has an awesome ingredient profile. I am a huge fan of insulin regulation and the BCAA/EAA blends in this.

Recovery:
This will be up for debate until the GFH is completely in my system, but I expect good things from CL.

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 2

Day 2 - Arms

Thoughts:
Good workout today, going high volume again

Recovery:
Wasnt sore from the previous workout, as I engaged in a high volume routine (vince gironda's 8x8 - brutal)

NOTE: GFH tastes awesome with 40oz of water too.

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 3

Day 3 - Back

Thoughts- ripped my back to shreds today with 8x8s. obviously I wont be hitting any PR's, but i can tell i am lacking muscle endurance

Recovery - still not sore from the workouts - i will be extremely fatigued the day of the workout, but i feel ship-shape the following day. diet is on point, and the GFH still tastes great!

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 4

Day 4 - Legs/Shoulders

Thoughts I always dread shoulders and legs day, as it requires the most focus and motivation because i literally destroy myself each time. especially with an 8x8, it really is excruciating.

Recovery Still no muscle soreness to speak off - GFH directly after workouts followed 45 mins later with a whole meal is doing my body well.

NOTE: Weight and BF are relatively the same

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Other observations:

No carb coma, or post workout crash to speak of. after workouts, i still pumped and energized (to a certain degree) - im not feeling "flat"

CONTROLLED LABS

CONTROLLED LABS

PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - Chest

Taste 10/10: I must say, the taste is simply amazing. I cant even describe what it tastes like, but a "tropical smoothie" accurately describes it. In all honesty, I think 20oz isnt enough water, as it is EXTREMELY sweet and potent at 20 oz. Definately bumping it up to at least 30 -40 oz. I compare it to that Iced tea mix, where it still tastes awesome strong, but tastes even better with a little more water (this is the case with GFH).

Mixability: 10/10 No clumps. I am staring at my shaker bottle and there is a little residue still left, but it doesnt prohibit me from enjoying it at all.

Thoughts: It tastes good, mixes good, and it has an awesome ingredient profile. I am a huge fan of insulin regulation and the BCAA/EAA blends in this.

Recovery:
This will be up for debate until the GFH is completely in my system, but I expect good things from CL.
awesome, glad you are enjoying both the effects and taste :)

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 5 - Chest

Thoughts: Good workout today, although I was exhausted from work. GFH tasted especially refreshing tonight.

Recovery: Developed some soreness in my ham and quads from the leg workout, but hey, it was leg day. I dont think any supp can help with leg day :)

Other than that, feeling pretty good.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established

Recovery:
Awesome

:dl:

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 6

Day 6 - Arms

Thoughts: Destroyed my arms today - stamina and endurance are up slightly from this week, as work has been especially stressful. I got a promotion though:)

Recovery Felt good post workout, no carb crash. Nutrition is on point. I did have a cheesburger w/white bread last night, BUT i made sure to supplement plenty of fats to avoid the crash.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
Day 6 - Arms

Thoughts: Destroyed my arms today - stamina and endurance are up slightly from this week, as work has been especially stressful. I got a promotion though:)

Recovery Felt good post workout, no carb crash. Nutrition is on point. I did have a cheesburger w/white bread last night, BUT i made sure to supplement plenty of fats to avoid the crash.
Wooot !!! :dl:

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 7

Day 7 - Back

Thoughts Back day has been my favorite workout lately, i think mainly because of my supersets of wide grip pull ups and super set of rows. the pump is pretty intense.

it was a good workout though

Recovery deep muscle soreness in my arms and chest from the other day, but it is a good soreness (if such exists)

still feeling pumped and energized. i find that with the GFH i am more hungry before i have my post workout meal than just using whey iso

good stuff. i tricked my GF into trying GFH and she said " o that tasted good, what kind was that?" surprisingly, she always asks me to tasted them ebcause she enjoys them as well.

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 8

Day 8 - Legs/Shoulders

Thoughts So - so workout - i worked an 8-8 today, so i was exhausted. thank god for WF, even with sporadic eating when not busy, WF was enough for me to still kick it in high gear.

i have begun to notice that after consuming GFH, i have a sugary taste in my mouth (similar to being in Keto) that doesnt go away - even when i eat something, it is still there. brushing my teeth only helps for about 15 minutes and then returns. it is always gone in the morning though. i am not complaining however, just stating an observation:)

Recovery Soreness was gone today that lingered from the other day. a little more fatigued today, but i KNOW that is from work

ddawg91

ddawg91

Awards
  • Established
Log is looking great so far man! Gotta love the no carb crash, always hated that feeling myself.

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Log is looking great so far man! Gotta love the no carb crash, always hated that feeling myself.
likewise - i hate wasting an evening sleeping and messing with my sleep schedule

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 9

Day 9 - Chest

Thoughts
awesome chest day, (shoulder joint was sore, so hit the chest press machine because its easier on the joint) repping 315 machine and it cant go any higher.

Recovery no soreness from the day before, felt good post workout today - i will be posting measurements tomorrow for a mid-log update

Observation: Just to serve as an FYI, my diet and training has been consistent - for this log, the only addition was GFH. At day 9, i feel my recovery is slightly better - i have been having less muscle soreness/fatigue the following day (which is an improvement from before)

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
day 10

Day 10 - Arms

Measurements - postponed until next workout

Thoughts had a massive pump in the arms today. overall good workout

Recovery still feel great post workouts. ive actually reduced the water used with GFH to avoid an overly bloated feeling (15oz) and it seems to be working fine

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 11 & 12

Day 11 - Back

Measurements morning - 184 lbs, 6.6 BF
evening - 189 lbs, 10.4

The one strange thing about the tanita scales, the BF adjusts per your "hydration" level

Thoughts lower back pain, skipped stiff legged deadlifts today, did weigthed back extensions instead

Recovery felt good besides the lower back pain (probably from sleep wrong) Usually i can muscle through it, but it was a sharp pain - i was grimacing throughout the entire attempt

Day 12 - Legs/Shoulders

Thoughts decent workout, it wasnt earth shattering, but it def. got the job done

Recovery back felt better from the previous day, lats a little sore. arms a little fatigued as well

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 13

Day 13 - Chest

Thoughts Long day at the office day, didnt feel right while lifting, but once i started cardio I was in the zone. lifts havent gone up too much since starting the GFH (but that really hasnt been my goal)

I started FINALLY to play with tempo of my lifts to make them more challenging (as i think my body as adapted to super sets, x reps, drop sets, ultimate sets, etc.)

Recovery still good on recovery, besides the fatigue from work

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 14 & 15

Day 14 Arms

Thoughts: good arm workout, more volume than strength, but very productive nonetheless

Recovery chest a little sore from previous day, felt extremely pumped however

Day 15: Back

Thoughts: supersetted pull ups and bent over rows for a serious back thrashing - played around with tempo too - felt extremely well

Recovery: arms were good, im a little concered about my back though :heavy lifting:

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 16, 17, 18

Sorry for the lack of updates, I moved and was without internet for a couple days - here are a few updates

Day 16 Shoulders/Legs

Thoughts -
average workout, as the fatigue from work and getting ready to move took its toll on my body

Recovery - arms/back were a little sore from the previous day - became more pronounced throughout the day, but began to subside by evening

Day 17 Chest

Thoughts - sweet pump going today, started with incline to emphasize different part of chest to put up more weight (without fatigue)

Recovery - back was sore from moving, but luckily didnt affect my lifts - overall recovery is still great

Day 18 Arms

Thoughts -
slight pain in both shoulders, but nothing crazy - still put up some good numbers

Recovery -
deep soreness in chest, went away as the day progressed

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 19

Day 19 Back

Thoughts - Lower back was a little sore from moving, but wasnt affecting my lifts - took an interesting approach to drop sets on bent rows - 135x10, pause 5 secs, 135x9, pause 5, 135x8, pause 5, 135x7,6,5 with all 5 second pauses - excruciating burn, but it felt great

Recovery - arms felt great today, felt especially pumped while doing back today (i like to call that the after-pump)

Recovery continues to be fairly positive while on GFH

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Day 20

Day 20 Shoulders/Legs

Thoughts average shoulder/leg day, still having some lower back pain. will probably need to keep it light to avoid further injury :( i hate when that happens. shoulders part was good, but legs was a little difficult with my back

Recovery besides the sore back (not from weights, from moving) recovery is still up

This was my final day of the log. I will be posting my final overview tonight. Thank for the opportunity CL!

jaymdubbs

jaymdubbs

Awards
Final Review

It was a very interesting time when GFH was announced. I was in the market for another post workout protein/carb mix, and was comparing Torrent, Replenish, etc. And then GFH was announced. I really liked the ingredient profile of GFH, and was excited when I was made a tester.

I have always had decent recovery (stemming from my nutrition and supplementation) - but I definitely felt my recovery was up while taking GFH.

A recap of my initial measurements:

Weight - 185

Here are my measurements now

Weight - 181
Body Fat (lowest 6.3, highest 8.8)

I lost 4 pounds while eating maintenance caloric intake (and that was about 95% strict) - so I attribute some of that loss to waste/water

Visually, I still look full and I feel great. Strength increased slightly, and my muscle endurance increased as my volume increased.

My main goal was add some mass to my shoulders and arms (and I hate myself for not taking measurements, because they do look a little more full)

Overall 9/10

The taste was fantastic - after playing with how much water to add, I found 15 oz was my sweet spot. What I enjoyed the most was the consistency of the shake (weird, I know)

I did always have a sugary taste in mouth that wouldnt go away until the next day (even after brushing my teeth) which is strange as there is no sugar in it.

No gastric issues to speak of, never had any "problems". occasional rumblings from the GM WF combination, but that was well before my GFH shake.

Obviously, this is NOT a miracle shake, but with a good training schedule, nutrition, and hard intensity, GFH is one of the better if not best post workout shake I can recommend that I felt made a difference, and I have tried a lot of different products to compare it to.

No post workout carb coma to speak of either (even with some of the r-ala)

I can honestly say that I have figured out a way to include this in my monthly budget for supplements, and has become a staple in my nutrition.

I would like to thank Controlled Labs for the opportunity to test this awesome product! Now all they need is an anytime whey protein and a stand alone insulin mimicker and then i would never have to purchase from another company again!

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

Awards
  • Established
It was a very interesting time when GFH was announced. I was in the market for another post workout protein/carb mix, and was comparing Torrent, Replenish, etc. And then GFH was announced. I really liked the ingredient profile of GFH, and was excited when I was made a tester.

I have always had decent recovery (stemming from my nutrition and supplementation) - but I definitely felt my recovery was up while taking GFH.

A recap of my initial measurements:

Weight - 185

Here are my measurements now

Weight - 181
Body Fat (lowest 6.3, highest 8.8)

I lost 4 pounds while eating maintenance caloric intake (and that was about 95% strict) - so I attribute some of that loss to waste/water

Visually, I still look full and I feel great. Strength increased slightly, and my muscle endurance increased as my volume increased.

My main goal was add some mass to my shoulders and arms (and I hate myself for not taking measurements, because they do look a little more full)

Overall 9/10

The taste was fantastic - after playing with how much water to add, I found 15 oz was my sweet spot. What I enjoyed the most was the consistency of the shake (weird, I know)

I did always have a sugary taste in mouth that wouldnt go away until the next day (even after brushing my teeth) which is strange as there is no sugar in it.

No gastric issues to speak of, never had any "problems". occasional rumblings from the GM WF combination, but that was well before my GFH shake.

Obviously, this is NOT a miracle shake, but with a good training schedule, nutrition, and hard intensity, GFH is one of the better if not best post workout shake I can recommend that I felt made a difference, and I have tried a lot of different products to compare it to.

No post workout carb coma to speak of either (even with some of the r-ala)

I can honestly say that I have figured out a way to include this in my monthly budget for supplements, and has become a staple in my nutrition.

I would like to thank Controlled Labs for the opportunity to test this awesome product! Now all they need is an anytime whey protein and a stand alone insulin mimicker and then i would never have to purchase from another company again!
:head::head::head::head:

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Bump in anticipation of coming logs...!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Azov Supplement Companies 2
Old Witch Anabolics 31
Supplements 2
Anabolics 6
Training Forum 0