My X-Factor Experience!

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I'm currently about 4 days into my XF cycle. I'm taking the standard 1000mgs per day for 50 days.

I've never used XF before so I'm excited to see what it can do for me. I try and stay lean year around...keeping my body fat between 6-8%. That said, I obviously am not using this to bulk. I'm planning on keeping my diet and training the same to see what XF can do with no other variables.

I've been taking SWELL for the last 3 months and will continue to take it throughout my XF cycle.

Other support supplements are:
Poseidon
Multi Vitamin
ABYSS
Whey Protein

I'm RELUCTANTLY stopping my daily Fish Oil for the purposes of this log.

I currently weigh 192 and am at 8 percent body fat. After 4 days of taking XF, I don't notice much just yet but I know it takes a few weeks to really kick in. I will say that I had a hard leg workout today and can feel my legs getting sore already...could be placebo, but I doubt it.

I'll update this a few times per week!

Workin

bombBoogie

bombBoogie

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to this log!
Got a bottle that I plan to use in the winter time.

How much Fish Oil are you taking in a day?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to this log!
Got a bottle that I plan to use in the winter time.

How much Fish Oil are you taking in a day?
None at the moment due to the XF...It interfers with it's effectiveness.

I was taking 3 caps of concentrated Fish oil per day prior to XF. Thanks for subscribing!

Workin

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I try and stay lean year around...keeping my body fat between 6-8%.
Damn.. Wish i could get that lean, let alone stay that lean..lol Good luck, i am interested to see your thoughts on this.

Any info on your diet?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Damn.. Wish i could get that lean, let alone stay that lean..lol Good luck, i am interested to see your thoughts on this.

Any info on your diet?
Same as always...which is about 60% protein, 20% carbs and 20% Fats. All fats are healthy ones and all cuts of meat are very lean. Carbs are all complex, with no exceptions, and eaten before 5 pm at night. After 5, it's just Protein and Veggies with a little Olive oil...NO CARBS.

Hope that helps and thanks for stopping by! :)

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A very interesting experiment.:twisted:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
The fact that he stops taking his fish oil will give it a super kick! You'll see what I mean when day 20-25 comes :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thats the part I find hard about upcoming x-factor logging, not stopping taking fish oil, but not eating salmon or other fish. Its generally 30% or so of my protein intake.

Even non fatty white fish like tilapia should be minimized right?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Thats the part I find hard about upcoming x-factor logging, not stopping taking fish oil, but not eating salmon or other fish. Its generally 30% or so of my protein intake.

Even non fatty white fish like tilapia should be minimized right?
Nope, you can still eat tilapia, and tuna in water! These ones are very low and shouldn't have any significant impact.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whitefish gets old, I love rosemary roasted wild salmon steaks over caramelized red onions, it's amazing. Sorry to torture you like that workin tho ;)

Subbed to the thread, we'll see what happens after a few weeks. I think I would miss my FO too, I take 3 caps a day and a Tsp of oil.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I do miss my fish oil, but to give XF a real "test of strength" it was necessary to stop.
My legs are sore today...not the I can't move kind of sore, but certainly more than usual. Jjohn, is it possible the XF would start to kick in this quickly?

Workin

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increased AA will effect COX, interleukin, and ultimately prostraglandin metabolism rather quickly.

If it didn't, Ibuprofen and aspirin would be pretty worthless for arthritis.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I do miss my fish oil, but to give XF a real "test of strength" it was necessary to stop.
My legs are sore today...not the I can't move kind of sore, but certainly more than usual. Jjohn, is it possible the XF would start to kick in this quickly?

Workin
Very possible, considering the fact that you just stopped taking the fish oils, it kicks in a lot faster.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't wait to see how 1250 kicks in. I'm still deciding on workout routine for it, not sure if I want to go with GVT on the first 30 days, or the last 30, and what to do for the other 30.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Workin, subbed. I am genuinely interested in the outcome of this supplementation. We had a thread on arachidonic acid and, by implication, X-Factor, and need a log like this to seal certain speculations. Wish you strength in overcoming your fish-oil deficit. We collectively feel for you. All the best!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for subscribing and the kind words guys! ;)

So far, nothing major to report except I'm a bit more sore than usual after training. My abs seem a bit tighter...don't know if this is due to the XF or just a coincidence. Based on the feedback of past XF logs, I expect to start seeing some strength increases by late next week as well as an appetite stimulation. Looking forward to what the next month will bring! :head:

Workin

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
subbed. best of luck to you. i'm considering giving X-Factor a try.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
subbed!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Day 9...feeling a bit stronger today. I was able to get a few extra reps in on each exercise. I also am starting to feel a bit more hungry than usual. :thumbsup:

Workin

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
late Aaron, but sub'd, good luck brutha...im starting XF when it makes it to my house!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Day 9...feeling a bit stronger today. I was able to get a few extra reps in on each exercise. I also am starting to feel a bit more hungry than usual. :thumbsup:

Workin
Already :jaw:

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Already :jaw:
It could be placebo, but I doubt it. My sore legs are definitely not placebo! lol! I can barely walk today and I trained legs on Sunday!

Workin

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
working,have yoiu seen the studies published on X -Factor by a college?

how are your joints feeling?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
working,have yoiu seen the studies published on X -Factor by a college?

how are your joints feeling?
I've only read the insert they include in the box. It mentioned 2 studies but I don't remember who they were by.

My joints feel fine...no better or worse.

Workin

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
hey man!...

Late to this one, but seems like I didn't miss too much..GL with X-Factor...hope it treats you better than it did me.

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
I'm currently about 4 days into my XF cycle. I'm taking the standard 1000mgs per day for 50 days.

I've never used XF before so I'm excited to see what it can do for me. I try and stay lean year around...keeping my body fat between 6-8%. That said, I obviously am not using this to bulk. I'm planning on keeping my diet and training the same to see what XF can do with no other variables.

I've been taking SWELL for the last 3 months and will continue to take it throughout my XF cycle.

Other support supplements are:
Poseidon
Multi Vitamin
ABYSS
Whey Protein

I'm RELUCTANTLY stopping my daily Fish Oil for the purposes of this log.

I currently weigh 192 and am at 8 percent body fat. After 4 days of taking XF, I don't notice much just yet but I know it takes a few weeks to really kick in. I will say that I had a hard leg workout today and can feel my legs getting sore already...could be placebo, but I doubt it.

I'll update this a few times per week!

Workin
I'm following! I'm interested to see what XF does with NO CHANGE in your diet/workout routine ect.....

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Well, I'm on day 13 and my appetite is definitely increasing. I can't go for more than 2 hours without putting something in my stomach.

Workouts are getting more intense it seems. This could be placebo. Should be kicking in soon!

Workin

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
any updates?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
any updates?
Just the one I posted yesterday. (day 13) Increased appetite being the most noted effect so far. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks when it should really start to take effect!

Workin

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just the one I posted yesterday. (day 13) Increased appetite being the most noted effect so far. I'm looking forward to the next few weeks when it should really start to take effect!

Workin
Thanks! Sorry it was late when I posted that and I also had abyss in me so I was really out of it:lol:

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How tall are you? You look over 192 in that avi.

thicketman

thicketman

Awards

Workin
Damn. It took a month for my hunger to kick in. Once it did...I wasn't disciplined enough and put on some extra fat...

greenbra

Awards

Workin
awesome man! I didnt get this feeling til after the 2nd bottle. Its a good supp. I felt great while using it.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Day 17....my appetite is getting greater everyday. I find myself eating tons of Fiber just to try and stay full longer after a meal.

I feel a little leaner in my midsection and have a few new veins popping out. Strength has been steadily increasing as well. So far so good!

Workin

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Day 17....my appetite is getting greater everyday. I find myself eating tons of Fiber just to try and stay full longer after a meal.

I feel a little leaner in my midsection and have a few new veins popping out. Strength has been steadily increasing as well. So far so good!

Workin
Looking good Workin!! :thumbsup: