quigs' "No BS" IBE X-Dream review thread

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Well last week I happened upon superdrollover's x-dreams log: ( http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/71006-up-smoke-superdrollovers.html )and was skeptical of the product claims made by IBE. When IBE saw my post, he offered to send me a free x-dream sample. I was expecting a few caps in a ziplock bag or something, but IBE was generous enough to ship an entire bottle my way. Needless to say, I was pretty excited to get this thing going.

Now with this being said, I'd like to stress that you will get an unbiased review reading this thread. I am not one to seek out free product, and I would never promote any product that I didn't find effective. I feel that doing so does nothing to help other members, or the supplement industry in general.

Little bit about me:

I'm currently in my 3rd year of med school, and needless to say I deal with my fair share of stressful evenings. A product such as X-dreams, if as effective as claimed, would be a huge asset in terms of both relaxation and sleep...neither of which do I find easy to come by.

My supplement history is extensive, as I've been using dietary supplements since the mid-late 90's. I've tried pretty much everything over the past 10 years or so...and my experiences are not limited to just OTC supplements. Some products with which I've had experience, and I think will be relevent to this thread include:

• GABA
  • Phenibut
  • L-Theanine
  • L-Glutamine
  • Powerfull
  • Picamilion
  • Benzodiazapines (xanax, valium, klonopin)
  • Gabapentin
The only other cannabinoid receptor agonist that I've got experience with is good old mary jane. I think it is important to note that I've not used marijuana in well over 2 years now, and even then I've only tried it a handfull of times.

X-Dreams Write-up:
Introducing X-Dream, a post-workout relaxant and sleep aid that challenges all other OTC products and their abilities to promote relaxation and sleep. IBE sought out to provide a product that delivered where others had failed and to fix the problems associated with other sleep aids and relaxants currently available. X-Dream's unique formula does not cause morning grogginess and, instead, promotes deep sleep that not only increases circulating growth hormone levels, but decreases the amount of sleep needed to feel refreshed. At lower doses X-Dream is great used as a post-workout relaxant and even better full strength as nightly sleep aid.
How does this revolutionary product work? We combined 2 innovative products, 3-OH-GABA and N-arachidonyl-dopamine HCL. 3-OH-GABA binds to the GABA A receptor site in the brain which is the same receptor site that benzodiazepines such as Xanax bind to and 3-OH-GABA has clinically shown to increase growth hormone levels. The next innovative ingredient,N-arachidonyl-dopamine, HCL binds to the cannabinoid CB1 receptor which is the same receptor stimulated by Marijuana which is known to cause relaxation and even produces a sense of euphoria. The combination of these two natural, LEGAL and potent compounds trigers all the remarkable benefits found in the X-Dream formula.

To purchase X-Dreams:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/1415/x-dream.html

So, if you're interested in this supplement...please keep an eye on this thread. This is not a supplement that I'd plan to use every night...only when I'm experiencing high stress levels or lack of quality sleep. For this reason, I probably won't be providing updates quite everyday...but I will be sure to use it often enough to get a good feel for the product and provide quality feedback for everyone here. Hopefully others will chime in with their experiences using the product as well.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

First off, I'd like to thank IBE again for this opportunity. My trial bottle arrived yesterday, and I took the first dose last night.

For the duration of my log/trial, I'll try to keep it organized like I have below for easier viewing.

Day 1 Dose: 2 caps

Relaxation effects: Nothing out of ordinary

Sleep quality: Average

Dreams (Y/N): None that I remember

Next morning "hangover": Felt pretty groggy this morning, but I doubt it was due to the x-dream.

Overall Thoughts: Well, last night I tried 2 caps on an empty stomach. I took the X-Dreams well before bedtime to assess its relaxation potential. Honestly, I didn't notice much of anything. Tonight I'll try again, this time bumping it up to 3 caps.

superdrollover

superdrollover

Awards
  • Established
If 3 dont do it you have to be a heroin addict...J/K

3 kicked my a$$.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
interesting....ill keep an eye on this

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i wonder when NP will have this back in stock...?

i may have to go else where

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
i wonder when NP will have this back in stock...?

i may have to go else where
Have you checked today? I just clicked the link and its available...

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it's avail. now - sucks! because when i placed an order at 3 (x-force) it was in RED (unavail) damn!

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your honesty, I have to say after looking at your night time supps and since there is benzo's in there and other GABA agonist it is very possible that your receptors, in other words, Are use to these kind of compounds and you may not respond x-dream or you could just be a non responder to the ingredients in X-dream
We shall see. I should note that I have not used benzo's in amost a year, and I've never used them for an exteded period of time (never more than 3-4 consecutive days). I respond VERY well to phenibut, so I honestly don't think that desensitization of GABA receptors will be an issue. If anything, I respond better than average to GABAergic compounds based on previous experience. Out of all the supplements that I've listed above, the only one that I've taken recently is powerfull.

Also, since the main active has been stated to be the NADA, I assume that I should still have comperable effects to other users...regardless of past benzo usage. THC put me to sleep everytime that I used it...which is why I never really used marijuana. Hopefully, since NADA is a CB1 receptor agonist, I will get some similar sedative effects.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Day 2 Dose: 3 caps

Relaxation effects: Improved over 2 caps

Dreams (Y/N): Had some weird dreams last night

Next morning "hangover": None

Overall Thoughts: After not getting much out of 2 caps, I took 3 caps last night on an empty stomach. I felt slightly more relaxed than usual, but it was nothing compared to benzo's or phenibut. I'd equate the feelings that I experienced to a decent dose of L-Theanine (300mg or so)...and I'd say that the sedative effects were far inferior to a good dose of L-Tryptophan.

I did feel as though I had increased hunger, possibly due to the NADA. It wasn't very significant (much less than even small amounts of marijuana)...and it is possible that my increased hunger was just coincidental.

I got back from the gym about an hour ago and took another 3 caps on an empty stomach. I'll probably take another cap or two throughout the evening to assess higher dosages of this stuff.

superdrollover

superdrollover

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to quigs again.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

Day 3 Dose: 3 caps + 2 later = 5 total

Relaxation effects: About the same as 3 caps

Dreams (Y/N): None

Overall Thoughts: I tried the 3 caps on an empty stomach again this time, and didn't really notice much. I had a small meal about an hour later, and about 30 mins after I finished eating I took another 2 caps. So in the matter of around 2 hours I had taken 5 caps of X-dream. In all honesty, I noticed no difference between 3 caps and 5 caps.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

Day 4 Dose: 3 caps + 2 + 2 = 7 total

Relaxation effects: About the same as 3 caps

Dreams (Y/N): None

Overall Thoughts: Okay, so last night I went a little crazy with the X-dreams because I wanted to see what higher dosages of the NADA could do. I started with 3 caps on an empty stomach, 2 caps about an hour later...and since I still wasn't feeling much I took another 2 caps. Honestly, I still didn't get much improvement over the 3 caps. The literature that I've seen suggests significant CB1 receptor activity, and because of this I'd really expect the increased dosages to provide with a significant sedative effect. I'm curious as to how well this works in humans...or possibly whether mega-dosing would be needed in my case.

Also, last night I gave 2 caps to my roomate. A few hours later I asked: "so, do you feel anything?" His answer: "nope". He'd never used a sleep aid, GABA derivitive, or benzo in his life...so take that for what its worth.

I've got some phenibut laying around that he said he wants to try, which is an OTC sleep aid that I've had a lot of success with, so I'll give him some of that tonight and get his opinions/comparisons to go along with mine.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 Dose: 3 caps + 2 + 2 = 7 total
Seem to be in the same boat as me. Took 7 caps at once on an empty and noticed nothing. Its a shame since I had high hopes for it...

snake32

Awards
I have been using xdream at 3 caps per night. I don't notice much if anything at all. I have never smoked herb or used benzos. My question is, does it still stimulate gh release even if I am not getting the sleepiness factor from it? Could I use it during the day and still get the gh release?

superdrollover

superdrollover

Awards
  • Established
I have been using xdream at 3 caps per night. I don't notice much if anything at all. I have never smoked herb or used benzos. My question is, does it still stimulate gh release even if I am not getting the sleepiness factor from it? Could I use it during the day and still get the gh release?
Just a guess, but i would say yes.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Just a guess, but i would say yes.
Care to explain why. I was hoping the response to this product would be better, seems hit or miss, always looking for a good sleep aid, still waiting for more results before I buy a bottle of this

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Have you or your room mate smoke herb lately? I am asking because my sister smoked alot and she did not respond to NADA either. most poeple can not handle more then 50-70mg of NADA with out passing out. you know when phenibut first came out alot of people were expecting to get high. word that was going around was that phenibut felt like GHB so people were expecting a GHB high and ended up over looking the effects of phenibut. I think that is what is going on with X-deam.
Its been over a year since I've had any marijuana exposure. Roomate's only smoked twice in his life...last time was 6-8 years ago. Prior THC exposure in our cases should not be an issue.

As far as phenibut goes, I've always loved it...especially when combined with a couple drinks. Great for relaxation, sleep, and makes you feel like a million bucks. If people take it thinking its going to be like GHB, then yeah they're going to be disappointed. That said, if you ask almost anyone who's taken a good dose of phenibut, they'll tell you that they at least felt something.

I guess in my opinion, it boils down to whether you can "feel" a product of this nature working. IMO, I shouldn't have to look for it...because that's where the placebo effects start to take hold. Whenever I've taken sleep aids in the past (be they diphenylhydramine, benzo's, phenibut, etc) I've experienced a significant change in mood/mental focus/alertness/etc. I've really gotten none of these effects thus far from X-Dream.

Now, I'm not saying the product is bogus...as it appears that a lot of people are experiencing good results...but thus far, its 0-2 in my experience.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
I've got some phenibut laying around that he said he wants to try, which is an OTC sleep aid that I've had a lot of success with, so I'll give him some of that tonight and get his opinions/comparisons to go along with mine.
BTW, the roomate loved the phenibut. Gave him around 1.5g's and he's been asking for more ever since. "Hey, get me some of those happy pills..." Haha.

Anyways, haven't updated the log here because I haven't taken more yet. I've decided that I'm going to wait a week or so and give it another shot. I would like to see others share their experiences though.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Care to explain why. I was hoping the response to this product would be better, seems hit or miss, always looking for a good sleep aid, still waiting for more results before I buy a bottle of this
That would depend on the dosage of 3-OH-GABA in these. It's not listed on the bottle, but each cap is only 120mg...so there can't be much. Honestly, there's probably not enough to cause any noticable increases in GH...IMO.

superdrollover

superdrollover

Awards
  • Established
BTW, the roomate loved the phenibut. Gave him around 1.5g's and he's been asking for more ever since. "Hey, get me some of those happy pills..." Haha.

Anyways, haven't updated the log here because I haven't taken more yet. I've decided that I'm going to wait a week or so and give it another shot. I would like to see others share their experiences though.
Ive gotta get me some phenibut!

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Ive gotta get me some phenibut!
Yeah, the price has come down significantly over at NP. You can get 100g of primaforce phenibut powder for like $30. Well worth it.

I see that you've had success with X-Dream. Phenibut is in a whole different category, IMO.

superdrollover

superdrollover

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the price has come down significantly over at NP. You can get 100g of primaforce phenibut powder for like $30. Well worth it.

I see that you've had success with X-Dream. Phenibut is in a whole different category, IMO.
:thumbsup:

Ya i like the x-dream but i seem to build up a tolerance quickly even when taking a few days off!

michael75

michael75

Awards
When i first started reading this post i had high hopes and thought i would be putting an order in at the end of it.

I`m glad i read it seeing as Phenibut sometimes helps my mild insomnia but not always,x-dreams would do nothing.

What else out there apart from benzos has anyone had that help? Valerian is not so effective with me,diphenhydramine is okay but not for long term.

I took genhumanovar once and slept like a baby,so i`m thinking some GH or something similar will help.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
When i first started reading this post i had high hopes and thought i would be putting an order in at the end of it.

I`m glad i read it seeing as Phenibut sometimes helps my mild insomnia but not always,x-dreams would do nothing.

What else out there apart from benzos has anyone had that help? Valerian is not so effective with me,diphenhydramine is okay but not for long term.

I took genhumanovar once and slept like a baby,so i`m thinking some GH or something similar will help.
that post is over a year old - its the old formulation of x-dreams, not the one that's currently being logged.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
50Magnum Supplements 15
Anabolics 7
Dustin07 Nutrition / Health 24
cruze1911r1 Nutrition / Health 11
FoxHound Nutrition / Health 0