MAN Clout Review

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.54%

MAN Clout Review

Clout (525 gm) By MAN

Taste: Smoother taste than the original version and while it grew on me, it still isnt great. I had no problem drinking it and felt no compulsion to just slam it, but it definitely does not make my top 10 tasting supps list (7/10)

Mixability: Fantastic. there was a little bit of settling, but really a couple shakes in about 10-12 oz of water and it dissolved, after drinking about half, i would shake it again and everything was gone (9/10)

Strength: Really great. I found the biggest anchor to strnegth to be my own mind. After countelss pulls and twists, i try not to increase weight too much week to week, but I found on the new clout that no matter how i increased, i could always pull it off (9/10)

Endurance/Recovery: both aerobic and anaerobic endurance was outstanding. I felt like I could lift non-stop and never left the gym feeling completely destroyed no matter how hard I hit my muscles. Equally, I was able to tackle running/biking/etc. day in and out with little soreness and doms seemed nonexistent (9/10)

Other: Some other side items of note that I found were a regular very good pump, all day muscle hardness and fullness. Sweating for me was not as high as I had expected. Finally, it was not as hard on my stomache (or digestive system) as the original

Overall: This is a great upgrade for Clout. I think more people will be responsive to the taste and the fact that it does not beat up your digetive system. For those who like to regularly do cardio and weights, this product will make you enjoy life a lot more. I do not think it is as good as Body Octane+Orotine, but it never professes to be. For the price, you can't beat this.

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.82%

worst taste ever
    Any better tasting alternatives?
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

The taste was nasty. That fruit punch flavor. I couldn't wait to get rid of the whole tub. It is a good product, but I wouldn't buy it again based solely on the taste alone.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Clout was a solid formula and produced results but the taste was horrendous. For price sake and taste sake Ragnarok > Clout.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.41%

Clout is due to be reformulated very soon, and should taste much better, I think. If I'm not mistaken, this is why Nutraplanet has been out of stock for a while.
  6. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    Clout was a solid formula and produced results but the taste was horrendous. For price sake and taste sake Ragnarok > Clout.

I disagree, Clout is a better formula and does not include pointless dosages of RALA and Grapeseed Extract (combined 40mg of each in Ragnarok) +1 Clout

Clout is not a proprietary blend. +1 clout

Clout does not have caffeine +1 clout

Clout does not have Vandyl Sulfate +1 Clout

Ragnarok is pretty much just another NO-Explode/Superpump/ jacked out of your mind supp. No thanks, these have their place but replacing Clout is not one of them.

Chout does taste like sh*t though.
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.4%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I disagree, Clout is a better formula and does not include pointless dosages of RALA and Grapeseed Extract (combined 40mg of each in Ragnarok) +1 Clout

Ragnarok is pretty much just another NO-Explode/Superpump/ jacked out of your mind supp. No thanks, these have their place but replacing Clout is not one of them.

I've been using Orotine mixed with Omega Sport's One and its been great. I'm using it as an intra-workout beverage. I agree that Clout doesn't taste the best, but its probably the best powdered creatine product available. I use it when I can afford it.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.08%

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

To be quite honest, I don't think Rag is anything like Superpump or that NO-Xplode crap or whatever it's called. I wouldn't touch SuperDump250 or NO-Xplode with a ten foot pole. I'm an athlete, not a poser. I don't enjoy taking a product to watch myself flexing my biceps in the mirror for 3 minutes after each set of curls.

I was actually quite impressed with the profile of Ragnarok before I had anything to do with the MST sponsorship. Before I even looked at the ingredients I may have assumed the same thing, but if you read it correctly and have some decent knowledge (not just, "oh ... duhhh... arginine will widen my veins...duhhh creatine will bigger my muscles...") you'll notice that everything is designed to work together.

Where do you get 40mg of each anti-oxidant from? It's a blend that totals 540mg. They're there so you don't have to supplement with an additional anti-oxidant post/pre-workout due to the free radicals released into the blood stream from exercise.

There's caffeine and caffeine-free. You choose. Not an issue.

1. It has generous amounts of three effective creatines.

2. It has a good blend of compounds to raise carnosine levels and raise & sustain NO levels.

3. It has a nice electrolyte profile.

4. The Focal Fury mix can have caffeine or you can choose it without. Either way, it's a nice blend.

5. It has 3 very good anti-oxidants for neutralizing free radicals.

I like Clout and I think the ingredient profile is nice as well. I've always been a fan of Orotine too.

If you want a good solid creatine, you can pay 27 bucks for Orotine at Nutraplanet. Good deal.

If you want a solid creatine and some beta-alanine and ALCAR... and 500mg NAC too... Clout? Sure.

Ragnarok is better geared for an all around performance, strength, and stamina product.

Clout is designed to be stacked with Body Octane.

At Double the dose of Ragnarok (2 scoops), you'll be paying 59.98 for something that would yield the effects of stacking Clout and Body Octane for around 80 something dollars.

Don't rag on the Rag. MST also has some killer endurance products that work differently than Body Octane that are stellar products by themselves.

I was trying to find some reviews on orotic acid and came across this thread and couldn't just pass by and let someone compare Ragnarok to such a crummy, low-ball product like SuperDump.
    Freedom means nothing here.
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

why is not having Vandyl Sulfate a plus for clout?
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.08%

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    There was (maybe still is unsettled) contraversy over the safety of VS. There is 'said' to be some trace component of vanadium that may be harmful, but nothing's ever come of it.

Basically, he's using whatever he can to knock on Ragnarok. His argument is pathetic. Now that I think of it, it has no merit whatsoever.

1. Vanadyl Sulfate has reported safe at very high doses for long term use.

2. There are caffeine and caffeine-free versions.

3. There's no mention of 40mg of each anti-oxidant.

4. Clout is a blend. Proprietary or not... what's the relevence? MST is straight-forward about what's in Rag. No hidden surprises.

Grant... ya got nothin', buddy.
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.65%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I asked cause i think the vanadyl sulfate/msm/rala/glycerine delivery combination rocks.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.08%

I asked cause i think the vanadyl sulfate/msm/rala/glycerine delivery combination rocks.
    Hell yeah, I'll second that one.
  13. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Force of Green View Post
    To be quite honest, I don't think Rag is anything like Superpump or that NO-Xplode crap or whatever it's called. I wouldn't touch SuperDump250 or NO-Xplode with a ten foot pole. I'm an athlete, not a poser. I don't enjoy taking a product to watch myself flexing my biceps in the mirror for 3 minutes after each set of curls.
    Good for you, I am also an athlete.

There's caffeine and caffeine-free. You choose. Not an issue.
    Ok....

1. It has generous amounts of three effective creatines.
    Why three? Why not one?
    2. It has a good blend of compounds to raise carnosine levels and raise & sustain NO levels.
    How can I know? Its proprietary, and if it has enough for one of those actions, based on the recommended dosage, which is around 3 grams for BA, than it cannot have nearly enough CM, or AAKG for the other actions. Since they use the bucket approach on this one as well its nearly impossible to guess how much of each is in the product.

3. It has a nice electrolyte profile.
    Yes it does.

4. The Focal Fury mix can have caffeine or you can choose it without. Either way, it's a nice blend.
    Doesn't matter, cause since you've been such a good rep, I won't be buying MST products ever.

5. It has 3 very good anti-oxidants for neutralizing free radicals.
    Effective dosage of Vitamin C, ineffective dosages of RALA and GSE

I like Clout and I think the ingredient profile is nice as well. I've always been a fan of Orotine too.

If you want a good solid creatine, you can pay 27 bucks for Orotine at Nutraplanet. Good deal.

If you want a solid creatine and some beta-alanine and ALCAR... and 500mg NAC too... Clout? Sure.
    Agreed

Ragnarok is better geared for an all around performance, strength, and stamina product.
    Disagree, with Beta Alanine's inclusion in Clout at 3.2 grams, and the Creatine, it beats the hell out of Ragnarok. It also has Magnesium Orotate, which I have had great result with in BJJ. If its focus you are looking for, Clout has it, vinpocetine, and ALCAR.

Clout is designed to be stacked with Body Octane.

Clout is fine to take by its own, and following the recommended dosage, provides an optimum dosage of Beta Alanine per day. It also provides a realistic dosages of vinpocetine, ALCAR, NAC, and IP6. All proven ingredients that have a place in the product. I don't see MAN using the whole bucket approach like I see in some of these other supplements.
    At Double the dose of Ragnarok (2 scoops), you'll be paying 59.98 for something that would yield the effects of stacking Clout and Body Octane for around 80 something dollars.
    Well since I know what is in Clout, and I agree with their forumla more, I will pay the Extra 20 dollars to get what I think is a better product. And why are you insisting that Clout be stacked with BO? Have you even looked at Clout? Sure, inclusion of BO would be good, but is in no way needed.
    Don't rag on the Rag.
    CLEVER!!!!

MST also has some killer endurance products that work differently than Body Octane that are stellar products by themselves.
    Nice product placement, but we are not talking about MST's other products.

I was trying to find some reviews on orotic acid and came across this thread and couldn't just pass by and let someone compare Ragnarok to such a crummy, low-ball product like SuperDump.
    Probably should of passed.

I was actually quite impressed with the profile of Ragnarok before I had anything to do with the MST sponsorship. Before I even looked at the ingredients I may have assumed the same thing, but if you read it correctly and have some decent knowledge (not just, "oh ... duhhh... arginine will widen my veins...duhhh creatine will bigger my muscles...") you'll notice that everything is designed to work together.
    See thats what is great, you think that by saying "before I even was sponsored by MST...blah blah blah" you gain credibility. Well not with me, and not with the way members of AM used to be. Prove me wrong, tell me when you were sponsored by them and then show me proof that you provided good reviews of their products before that date.

Really, I want you to prove me wrong on this...

Will it? How the hell can I know when you use a proprietary blend along with the bucket approach. Do you provide me with 3 grams of ALCAR? 3.2 Grams of beta alanine? 1.2 grams of NAC? 2 grams of IP6?

I didn't think so.

Any product that resembles an Avant Labs product (they know their stuff) and also tells me exactly how much of each ingredient I am getting beats a proprietary mix by a company I have never even heard of outside of AM.

Basically, he's using whatever he can to knock on Ragnarok. His argument is pathetic. Now that I think of it, it has no merit whatsoever.
    Frankly I'm sick of company reps getting disrespectful when someone doesn't like their product, or disagrees with their research. Did I disrespect you? Did I say MST sucks ass? No. I did not. I said your product had its place but replacing Clout is not one of them. Is that ragging on your product? Instead of insulting me, you could have attempted to convince me why Ragnarok was a good product.

Grant... ya got nothin', buddy.
    I have more than you ever counted on.

Where do you get 40mg of each anti-oxidant from? It's a blend that totals 540mg. They're there so you don't have to supplement with an additional anti-oxidant post/pre-workout due to the free radicals released into the blood stream from exercise.
    You really want to play this with me bro? Ok, here.

First off its not 40 each of GSE and RALA, its total.

FROM THE LABEL OF RAGNAROK

So here we have 500mg's of Vitamin C....

And here we have a proprietary blend of 540mgs

Proprietary Antioxidant Blend Of Ascorbic Acid, Grape Seed Extract, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid.

So Above we see that 500mg's of that propietary blend is Vitamin C, and the other are the good ole bucket approach, "Hey it looks good, lets throw in a completely ineffective dosage of RALA and GSE, people are way to stupid to notice that it will do nothing"

Finally, about Vanadyl Sulphate, I find its benefits negligible/nonexistent at best, and it can possibly be harmful. Not saying I have never taken anything that could be harmful, but for me it is risk and gain that I look at. And I don't see much gain from the addition of VS...
    Last edited by Grant; 04-09-2008 at 12:22 AM.
  14. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.62%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Just wanted to add that I do not think all proprietary mixes are bad, just some that I avoid when there is a better alternative, especially when the alternative is not a proprietary blend.

Similar Forum Threads

1. MAN Clout?
    By Madevilz in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 08:26 PM
  2. Man Clout
    By Oddball8945 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 08:52 AM
  3. Any news when MAN Clout will be back in stock
    By glsa17 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 13