MST Triple Threat (Kreaceps + Citruvol + Cordygen5)

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
It begins.

Current measurements:

Height - 6'3"
Weight - 225
Bodyfat - machine at the gym is broke, my scale is not working either. I will get back to this.
Waist - 36 and 3/4
Thigh - 22 inches
Biceps - 16 inches flexed 14" unflexed
Calves - 16 inches
Chest - 43 inches unflexed

Sorry for the delay but I had a few things I had to take care of and now I am ready to run this log with no interruptions. I want to thank Matt and the Clown for selecting me for this log. Some of you might remember me from bb.com where I was a frequent poster until I became victim of a grossly unjustified ban. (the purge was brutal and many good men went down) I have run a log on Kreaceps + Citruvol, Ragnarock, and Cordygen five, (not all together) so I am very familiar with these products. MST is one the best new companies around and I believe they have made an amazing contribution to the bb scene with the introduction of the hybrid strain of cordyceps. This has to be one of the most unappreciated supplements around but I do not believe that will be the case for long. I am a convert to the church of cordyceps (nice alliteration). I have never run this combo of products and an thrilled to see what type of results this induces.

Lately I have been training mostly for strength and have been keeping my reps relatively low and my joints are very angry at me for this. For this log I have decided to implement a different form of training that I have become interested in which focuses much more on the eccentric movement, rather than the concentric. I mean super slow negatives with explosive concentric reps, no lockouts at all, no rest, just constant tension of the muscle. (I have read a few interesting articles lately that have sparked my curiosity so I am going to experiment) I also believe that the products I have been chosen to test are almost ideal for this type of training as the lactic acid burn is almost unbearable on some of these sets. I need to mention that I am going to try to keep the reps in the moderate to high range and the rest in between sets to a max of 90 seconds.

Ok I need to get on with this. Tonights workout. dosed pills per instructions (cordygen 3 pills + 4 citruvol + 3 kreaceps preworkout, then 3 kreaceps post workout)

Legs (get ready to laugh at these numbers but this workout crippled me)

Squats (6 second negatives ATG then explosive positive, no lockout as soon as I almost reach top, drop back down, as soon as bottom hit back up)

95 x 20 reps
115 x 15
115 x 15
135 x 10 + 3 partial reps

Sumo Squats (same technique as above)
95 x 14
95 x 14
95 x 12

Leg Press (6sec negative lower as far as I can, explode to top and back down)
225 x 10
225 x 10

Lunges slow and long strides
Bar(45lbs on shoulders) x 20
same x 20

Calf Raises (on leg press machine, try to simulate jumping motion, slow form again)
225 x 15
225 x 15
225 x 12
225 x 10

Cardio - 20 minutes interval running on setting 8 incline.

Thoughts
- I am going to die, I am so spent and I have never sweated so much during a workout, looked like I trained in the sauna. This is going to be a pain in the butt. Stats and pics should be up tomorrow. I am so tired I am going to hate myself for this. Who could of thunk that such light weights would be so hard. :bb3:

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Holy high reps man! That would kill anyone. Great job!

Subbed!

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Holy high reps man! That would kill anyone. Great job!

Subbed!
It is not the reps as much as the tempo, the first 12 are fine, then the burn, then the sweat, then the shortness of breath, then the nausea, this should be fun. Also my girlfriend is stealing my cordygen5 in the morning, She is an attorney as well and she says it helps her think more clearly during the day. Freakin thief.:frustrate

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I feel for you man! I'm not into lifting until I crap myself. (well not all the time) I think stealing C5 is punishable by death, or a couple hard serves to the midsection :D

I'll be thinking of how sore your legs are tomorrow as I train mine DC. Hang in there.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squats (6 second negatives ATG then explosive positive, no lockout as soon as I almost reach top, drop back down, as soon as bottom hit back up)
I'm a little confused, but interested :) so using the squat as example, its 6 seconds from standing to a$$ touching heels, then almost a jump upwards and at top is it another 6 second lowering butt to heels or is it a fast trip down followed by another fast trip up? I used to train on electronic machines on a ballys, and one of the things I liked about it was that you could set negative resistance separately from positive. so a workout that accentuates the neg portion is very interesting to me.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Great intro. I'm in! :good:

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
I'm a little confused, but interested :) so using the squat as example, its 6 seconds from standing to a$$ touching heels, then almost a jump upwards and at top is it another 6 second lowering butt to heels or is it a fast trip down followed by another fast trip up? I used to train on electronic machines on a ballys, and one of the things I liked about it was that you could set negative resistance separately from positive. so a workout that accentuates the neg portion is very interesting to me.
Continuous motion, 6 second negatives, explosive but controlled 2 second positive. I wish my gym had machines like that. :whiner:

Workout # 2 (Another experiment, sorry Matt, been reading too much)
Also I added my stats in the first post.
Pull Ups
BW x 18
BW x 12
BW x 10 (all with 90 seconds rest)

Cable Rows
115 x 12
115 x 10
115 x 10 (same negative techniques, slow negatives, as slow as I can manage and then explosive positive)

PullDowns
215 x 5 (a little change and I like this approach, all the HIT guys always say one set is enough to increase strength and I have seen studies backing this up, however, for me I can not just do one set, but 1 heavy set is good, because I like heavy but it gives my old joints a break.
then move one to
135 x 10 (same negative)
135 x 8
135 x 8 (this was good)

Barbell Rows
185 x 5 (you know what comes next)
70 x 10 (slow)
185 x 5
70 x 10 (slow)

Barbell Curls
100 x 7
20's x 12 (slow negs0
20's x 12

Hammer Curls
60's x 6
20's x 15
20's x 15

Pulldown negatives (I chose a weight and lifted it down with both hands and released it with only one hand to get a good negative workout)
150 x 10 (negatives)
150 x 10
150 x 10

Thoughts - I think I might be on to something here, I felt great during my workout and energy just got better and better. I really did not want to leave the gym. I am going to experiment with this a bit, but I am working on my own power/rep range/shock routine where it all takes place in the same workout, why not?

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
I like the idea of a P/RR/S workout. I do the same thing a lot, and it seems to work very well.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
I like the idea of a P/RR/S workout. I do the same thing a lot, and it seems to work very well.
From a physiological and neurological standpoint it makes more sense ot me than the Standard 1 week power, 1 week rep range, 1 week shock. Muscles are called upon to handle every type of stress at any time and I have not seen a convincing reason why not to incorporate all different types of rep ranges and techniques in the same workout. I guess people just get used to thinking a certain way and it becomes standard practice. lets start our own routine and sell a book about it and become bodybuilding gurus. Remember you suckers read it here first. Going to go get a patent/trademark later today.:head:

Yesterday - Cardio 25 minutes. Cardio is easy on cordygen5.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
From a physiological and neurological standpoint it makes more sense ot me than the Standard 1 week power, 1 week rep range, 1 week shock. Muscles are called upon to handle every type of stress at any time and I have not seen a convincing reason why not to incorporate all different types of rep ranges and techniques in the same workout. I guess people just get used to thinking a certain way and it becomes standard practice. lets start our own routine and sell a book about it and become bodybuilding gurus. Remember you suckers read it here first. Going to go get a patent/trademark later today.:head:

Yesterday - Cardio 25 minutes. Cardio is easy on cordygen5.
LOL, I'm down!! :type:

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
For some reason my gym closed an hour early tonight and I was not able to do my usual workout, had to go to the apartment complex gym. I am not going to post numbers because I just did a few things so I wuold not feel lazy. Cardio for 20 minutes which is a breeze on Cordygen 5. Tomorrow I am going water skiing so no workout until Sunday.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
My gym closed early today too! By the time I got there it was already closed! It's gonna make three off days in a row for me 'cause it's closed Sunday, too! :smite: :mad: :smite:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, i guess i'm lucky, I just use the one in my subdivision's clubhouse. Got a smith rack, plus a bunch of nautilus style stuff, tons of db + a bunch of benches, 4 treadmills, 1 arctrainer(crosstrainer) 2 ellipticals + 3 bikes.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Muscles are called upon to handle every type of stress at any time and I have not seen a convincing reason why not to incorporate all different types of rep ranges and techniques in the same workout.
This is exactly the way I've trained for about 3 years now. I've strayed to one program or another every now and then but I always come back to this. I've only had one minor injury and have always gained the best on this hybrid program. You are on the right track for strength and size.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday, I promise I will return to a regular workout schedule but I am having fun playing around with things lately.

I did cardio interspersed with pushups and sit ups. I would sprint about 100 yards, walk back do 25 push ups, sprint 100 yards, walk push ups, repeat 10 times. Then did situps, leg raises, and stretched for quite some time. Actually a great workout as I just could not bring myself to go the gym as it was so beautiful outside yesterday ?I thought I would try something different. Cordygen5 and Citruvol really do make a difference in endurance as my recovery between sprints was just awesome. Again I promise to return to normal training soon

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
I like the mixed cardio/calisthetics routine. Sounds pretty fun. It's good that you like to mix things up. Keep that body guessing! :hammer:

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
7-3-07

Warm Up
Rotator Work

Power
Bench Press
225 x 5
245 x 3

Rep Range
195 x 10
195 x 10

Shock
135 x 18 (drop set)
135 x 11
135 x 6
135 x 3

Dumbbell Shoulder Press
60's x 5
60's x 5

Dumbbell Upright Rows
35's x 10
35's x 10

Lateral Raises
15's x 15
15's x 15

Seated Dips
180 x 6
180 x 6

Rope Pulldowns
140 x 10
140 x 10

Seated Tricep Extension
60 x 15
60 x 15

Thoughts - Great workout, great endurance. I left the gym feeling great and I think this is going to be a great program to follow. Recovery time is great between sets. One thing I notice about these products is that they don't get you motivated to get in the gym like some of the other preworkout supps, but the advantage to these products is once you are in the gym, it just seems like your energy levels increase the longer you workout and endurance is just great.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
7-4-07

Happy Fourth Everyone

Cardio - 40 minutes at the Park, went running on the nature trail and alternated walking, jogging, and sprinting. Again recovery between sprints is good and I had a great run today, trying to slim down a bit.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Awesome workout WD. That is very similar to my training routine. I love it and I think you'll find it to be more than beneficial. The exercise combo's and rep schemes are endless so you never get bored with it.

Have a great and safe 4th. Go easy on the roman candle fights :D

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Awesome workout WD. That is very similar to my training routine. I love it and I think you'll find it to be more than beneficial. The exercise combo's and rep schemes are endless so you never get bored with it.

Have a great and safe 4th. Go easy on the roman candle fights :D
The great 4th of July Bottle rocket Wars commence at 10:00 pm, be sure to bring a helmet, it can get nasty. Been doing it for over 10 years now, stupid, but fun.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Bottle Rocket Wars cancelled due to rain.
DOMs is nonexsitent, my muscles feel full and pumped but I am just slightly sore, feels great.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Awesome last session!

Cancelled?! Don't you mean delayed?? :p

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
7-6-07

Squats
3 warm up sets

275 x 4
275 x 4
185 x 10
185 x 10
135 x 15 (the following were all rest paused)
135 x 10
135 x 8
135 x 5

Cardio - 20 minutes on steep incline with interval sprints for 30 seconds, that sucked.

That was it for weights, I have a suspicion that I have been overtraining as my diet has been pretty good, supplementation has been good, but I have not made consistent strength gains or size gains for the past couple of months. It is just like I have been in a rut lately and my body has just been wore out. I do like my current training style and hope it produces some new gains. :clean:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
I think it's odd, but I'm pretty sure that I respond better to overtraining. A few months ago I was doing tons of exercises, reps, etc. each workout and making some solid gains. I read a billion articles on o/t, and decided that I'd be better off cutting off a lot of the iso exercises and sticking to mainly compounds. Lately, my progress has been bogus at best. It's weird and doesn't really make sense to me, but I think it's true..

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
I think it's odd, but I'm pretty sure that I respond better to overtraining. A few months ago I was doing tons of exercises, reps, etc. each workout and making some solid gains. I read a billion articles on o/t, and decided that I'd be better off cutting off a lot of the iso exercises and sticking to mainly compounds. Lately, my progress has been bogus at best. It's weird and doesn't really make sense to me, but I think it's true..
You are not as old as I am either, when I was your age I could play basketball for 6 hours in sweltering July heat, go the gym and workout for a couple of hours, then go to martial arts practice for 2 hours. Now I get tired walking up a flight of stairs. Age will get ya.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
You are not as old as I am either, when I was your age I could play basketball for 6 hours in sweltering July heat, go the gym and workout for a couple of hours, then go to martial arts practice for 2 hours. Now I get tired walking up a flight of stairs. Age will get ya.
:D Good point! :sick:

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Quick update, I feel great today, more energy, no aches and pains. I think less volume in my training is going to be just fine.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
7-6-07

Back Training

1 Arms Cable Pulldowns
3 warm up sets
180 x 5 (each arm)
180 x 5 (each arm)
150 x 10 "
150 x 10
135 x 13 x 10 x 7 (rest paused each arm)

Pull Ups arms completely extended out

T-Bar Rows (with chest pad)
90 x 5
70 x 7
45 x 10
The weight listed does not include the bar as I have no idea how much it weighs but feels pretty heavy

Hammer Curls
60's x 4
40's x 7
30's x 9
20's x 12

Cardio - 20 minutes, steep incline interval running
Stretching - 15 minutes

thoughts - Great workout, I love leaving the gym feeling energized instead of destroyed, no complaints at all, feel free to ask any questions.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Solid looking workout, man. When you say extended arm pullups, do you mean you're hanging down as far as possible before coming up? Definitely hits the lats much harder that way IMO.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
Solid looking workout, man. When you say extended arm pullups, do you mean you're hanging down as far as possible before coming up? Definitely hits the lats much harder that way IMO.
I hang down as low as I can but on these, and I am using as wide as a grip as I can.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I'm loving the way you are switching things up WD. I think this will curb the overtraining if it was the culprit. I almost always lower my volume slightly in the summer due to the increased heat and stress on the body. I find it helps when fall rolls around and makes for steady, pain free gains.

Let the bottle rocket war commence! :D

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
I'm loving the way you are switching things up WD. I think this will curb the overtraining if it was the culprit. I almost always lower my volume slightly in the summer due to the increased heat and stress on the body. I find it helps when fall rolls around and makes for steady, pain free gains.

Let the bottle rocket war commence! :D
I am feeling better, but maybe it is just the products.:icon_lol:
I love my cordygen5, just ordered 2 more bottles of it. Best brain nootropic I have used, focus is better all day, I am taking about 6 cordygen5 a day and just feel really good on it. Does it need to be cycled?:think:

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
I love my cordygen5, just ordered 2 more bottles of it. Best brain nootropic I have used, focus is better all day, I am taking about 6 cordygen5 a day and just feel really good on it. Does it need to be cycled?:think:
There is no need to cycle it unless you feel the effects fading. Then it only takes a couple of days off for it to take full effect again. Thanks again for the purchase. :woohoo:

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
There is no need to cycle it unless you feel the effects fading. Then it only takes a couple of days off for it to take full effect again. Thanks again for the purchase. :woohoo:
Just stay in business, and you will have my money for life.

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Just stay in business, and you will have my money for life.
Thanks man, that means a lot to me.

Have a great night. Believe it or not I'm going to go workout right now. I think it's cool enough now :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hadn't really thought about cordygen5 as a nootropic (thought it was mostly endurance related), but I guess it makes sense. I bought a bottle my last NP shopping trip, as enhanced endurance goes with enhanced recovery and i'm getting old. 6 a day tho eh? I guess not too bad, the bottles aren't that expensive. :thumbsup:

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
I hadn't really thought about cordygen5 as a nootropic (thought it was mostly endurance related), but I guess it makes sense. I bought a bottle my last NP shopping trip, as enhanced endurance goes with enhanced recovery and i'm getting old. 6 a day tho eh? I guess not too bad, the bottles aren't that expensive. :thumbsup:
Yeah, the brain uses 20% of the body's oxygen, well cordygen5 dramatically increases the body's use of oxygen ergo = happy brain. I have noticed my thinking is just more clear the entire day if I take Cordygen 5 in the morning and again the late afternoon. It is not a dramatic effect like caffeine much more subtle. I just noticed I was working much more efficiently for several days in a row, then one day I noticed my productivity went way down and remembered I did not take cordygen5 that morning with my coffee. Next morning took cordygen and productivity went up again. This is a staple for me from now on.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the brain uses 20% of the body's oxygen, well cordygen5 dramatically increases the body's use of oxygen ergo = happy brain. I have noticed my thinking is just more clear the entire day if I take Cordygen 5 in the morning and again the late afternoon. It is not a dramatic effect like caffeine much more subtle. I just noticed I was working much more efficiently for several days in a row, then one day I noticed my productivity went way down and remembered I did not take cordygen5 that morning with my coffee. Next morning took cordygen and productivity went up again. This is a staple for me from now on.
C5 is one of my favorite products, not only because we make it. Just an all around great supplement. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
C5 is one of my favorite products, not only because we make it. Just an all around great supplement. Glad to hear you're enjoying it.
It is one of the most innovative products on the market, I am amazed that no one else has jumped on this yet as this biz is full of copy cats (no a condemnation just how it is) and this product consistently gets great feedback.:wtf:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
It is one of the most innovative products on the market, I am amazed that no one else has jumped on this yet as this biz is full of copy cats (no a condemnation just how it is) and this product consistently gets great feedback.:wtf:
Very, very true. :donut:

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
7-8-07
Bench Press
230 x 5 (+5lbs)
245 x 4 (+ 1 rep)
195 x 11 (+ 1 rep)
200 x 10 (+5lbs)
135 x 14 (- 4 reps but I did these real slow so the numbers may be deceptive)
140 x 10 (added 5 pounds but kept reps the same)
140 x 7
140 x 5

DB Shoulder Press
60's x 6 (+1 rep)
50's x 9 (+1 rep)
40's x 10

DB Upright rows
45's x 6
35's x 10
25's x 12

Lateral Raises
30's x 4
20's x 8
15's x 12

Ab crunches
3 sets of 110 x 11

thoughts - almost all of my lifts have improved so I am a happy guy:head: Also I am down 5 pounds since this log began and I am not cutting, but have increased cardio and eliminated dairy from my diet. Good things are afoot.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Glad everything is going good! Congrats on the weight loss/strength gains. Something we all want. :D

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
feel free to ask any questions.
A 15.2-kg block rests on a horizontal table and is attached to one end of a (nearly) massless horizontal spring. By pulling horizontally on the other end of the spring, someone causes the block to accelerate uniformly and reach a speed of 5 m/s in 0.45 s. In the process, the spring is stretched by 0.2 m. The block is then pulled at a constant speed of 5 m/s, during which time the spring is stretched by only 0.05 m. Find the spring constant of the spring.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
What's the average life expectancy of a gerbil after at has entered the anal cavity of the average living man? :run:
You are going to find out if you keep cluttering up my beautiful journal with your nonsense.:bruce1:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
whatastud08

whatastud08

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to jump in...

BUT, you are exactly right. This is why chronic MJ smokers experience short term memory deficits (well, it's one of the reasons), AND why solid, deep breathing throughout the day will improve the brain's performance. Im def adding some C5 to my next order after all I have read. Great log too! I think I haven't been mixing up workouts well enough.

whitedevil74

whitedevil74

Awards
  • Established
7-10-07

Squats
Warm up sets 3
285 x 4 (+10lbs)
285 x 4
195 x 10 (+10lbs)
195 x 10
145 x 15 (+10lbs) drop set 30 second rest
145 x 10
145 x 9 (+1rrep)
145 x 8

Seated Tricep Pushdown
200 x 6 (+20 but I cheated more than I wanted to on these, probably going to drop weight a little next time and work on form a bit)
200 x 6

Rope Pulldown
150 x 9
150 x 9

Overhead Extenstion
150 x 9
150 x 9

thoughts
- feeling great, weights went up, energy is good, what more could I ask for. I am just about out of Cordygen5 because I take it twice a day so I just placed a order with NP. Cordygen5 is rapidly turning into one of my favorite supplements. Thanks Matt, I forgot how good this product is, especially dosed at 6 caps a day, I just love it.:bb3:
V

NEVER PURCHASE SYNTRAX PRODUCTS:FUfinger: