3-AD Super Cutter

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established

I have seen quite a few solo 3-AD/11-oxo reviews around the forums. I have really wanted to try this new product out. Adrenosterone is the first true selective 11b-HSD1 reductase inhibitor to hit the OTC market. I decided to try it out and report back to the membership because I’m sure many of you are curious like me. This product has been heavily hyped. I will be posting my review/mini-log here. I wont be doing a daily log as I find those to be pretty silly. I will make weekly comments regarding notable effects, observations, or side effects.

Based on previous reviews, Adrenosterone has proven to be a mild yet effective prohormone. If you are looking for a healthier, milder alternative to the Superdrols of the world, this seems to be a good choice. It should also help reduce body fat quite well. In my opinion, it is an ideal choice for a cutting cycle. Taken alone, it’s more than enough to help prevent catabolism in a calorie deficit while also reducing cortisol which drastically helps reduce visceral fat.

For this application, I decided to stack 3-AD with Havoc. The combination of adrenosterone and epitiostanol is a perfect match for a cutter. I have used epi multiple times since it hit the market so I am familiar with its effects on body fat. I’m hoping to see a more noticeable reduction in fat, specifically abdominal fat and visceral fat. I will also be including Lipo6-X and Sesathin which I have also used in the past. I am familiar with the results of all of these together as I have stacked them before. Sesathin has pretty much become a staple (like fish oil) in my diet anyway. Im interested in in seeing if the addition of 3-AD will lead to an even more noticeable reduction in fat.

My current daily protocol (year round):
-2-3g vitamin C
-5-6g enteric fish oil gels
-1000 IU vitamin D3
-1 multi-vitamin
-100-250mg Na-RALA (NP)
-1.5-2g ALCAR (NP)
-1500/1200/1000mg Glucosamine Chondroitin w/ MSN
-400-800mg Lecithin (only when not taking Sesathin)
-Sesathin 2.5-3mL/day
-800-1200mg Garlic bulb extract (enteric coated)
-400 IU vitamin E
-1000mg Green Teat Extract (50% EGCG) – Bulk NP caps
-CissusRX
-2g Beta-Alanine (NP)
Probiotic:
Gut Health (Lactobacillus casei)
-or-
DanActive (Lactobacillus casei)

Pre-workout (30-45min prior):
-1 serving flavored oatmeal
-Whey Protein Shake (either ON 100% whey or Ergopharm GF Pro depending on funds)
-2g Bulk Beta-Alanine powder (NP)
-3g Bulk L-Leucine (or BCAA blend) (NP)
-Half serving of Green Magnitude creatine:
1 serving = Magnesium 350mg
Magnesium Creatine Chelate 2500mg
Dicreatine Malate 2500mg
Betaine Anhydrous 2000mg
L-Taurine 2000mg
L-Tyrosine 500m​

Post-Workout:
-Whey Protein Shake (30-60g protein)
-Half serving of Green Magnitude
-3g L-leucine (or BCAA blend) (proetin+carb+leucine = major bump in mTOR/protein synth.)
-40-50g carbs – oatmeal, rice cakes, Gatorade, 100% Concord Grape Juice (phytonutrients) Considering trying Waxy Maize…

-Super Cutter-
3-AD: 450mg/day – 4 weeks (1 bottle) Thanks to Mace, Dr.D and AX
Havoc: 30mg/day – 5 weeks ( I have 2 bottles, may go 6 weeks)
Lipo6-X: 4 caps/day (AM & 5pm) – 4 weeks
Ephedrine HCL: 25mg + 100mg caffeine Pre-Workout only (spaced in between Lipo6 dosages)
Sesathin: 6mL/day
CLA (NP's) 5g/day

I expect great increases in strength, and muscle fullness. In addition, I hope to see increased fat loss (especially abdominally) and hardening above and beyond what epitiostanol alone might offer.

One reason Trenbolone is so popular for cutting is because of its amazing effects on body fat and overall body recomposition. Part of this is obviously due to its extremely androgenic nature. But it is also speculated that it also has a lot to do with Tren’s overwhelming reduction in cortisol. Like Tren, this stack should offer increased androgen levels and decreased cortisol. In addition, we also get increased insulin sensitivity.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Sub'd. Great start up. IMO, waxy maize seems like a more efficient way of controlling your carb intake post workout. Curious about the synergy between the two(3-ad/epithio) as well.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I actually started the 3-ad a couple weeks before I made my post. I had also been cutting all natural with CLA and Sesathin for about 3 weeks or so prior. I had flattened out quite a bit and my muscle bellies were pretty depleted looking from the lower carbs/cals. I like to get a log or review underway prior to posting so that there is not a lot of downtime when waiting for it to kick in.

I wanted to get a first impression of the 3-ad alone before I combined it with the Havoc. I noticed that about 6-7 days after I started the 3-ad my muscles were significantly fuller and harder. I seemed to have a little bit better muscle endurance too. I'm sure this would have continued and strength would have started to increase into weeks 2 and 3. Anyhow, I stacked the havoc after that.

Its been about 3 weeks now on 3-AD and 1 on Havoc. No cortisol related sides or anything. Fat loss is still progressing but I am much harder/fuller and look a LOT better. Hoping to really see some increase in strength and eventually more reduction in abdominal fat. I'm at about 12-13%. It would be nice to hit 10% before the summer is over.

I have to say I was pretty impressed with the additions in the new Lipo-6X formula too. One of the best thermos just got a lil better.
The mental/mood effects of the PEA are a welcomed addition when cutting. The liquid caps are so damn groovy too. ;)

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Awesome detail man, this stack looks interesting and am considering doing this when 3ad comes out. Good luck w/the cycle.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established

I have seen quite a few solo 3-AD/11-oxo reviews around the forums. I have really wanted to try this new product out. Adrenosterone is the first true selective 11b-HSD1 reductase inhibitor to hit the OTC market. I decided to try it out and report back to the membership because I’m sure many of you are curious like me. This product has been heavily hyped. I will be posting my review/mini-log here. I wont be doing a daily log as I find those to be pretty silly. I will make weekly comments regarding notable effects, observations, or side effects.

Based on previous reviews, Adrenosterone has proven to be a mild yet effective prohormone. If you are looking for a healthier, milder alternative to the Superdrols of the world, this seems to be a good choice. It should also help reduce body fat quite well. In my opinion, it is an ideal choice for a cutting cycle. Taken alone, it’s more than enough to help prevent catabolism in a calorie deficit while also reducing cortisol which drastically helps reduce visceral fat.

For this application, I decided to stack 3-AD with Havoc. The combination of adrenosterone and epitiostanol is a perfect match for a cutter. I have used epi multiple times since it hit the market so I am familiar with its effects on body fat. I’m hoping to see a more noticeable reduction in fat, specifically abdominal fat and visceral fat. I will also be including Lipo6-X and Sesathin which I have also used in the past. I am familiar with the results of all of these together as I have stacked them before. Sesathin has pretty much become a staple (like fish oil) in my diet anyway. Im interested in in seeing if the addition of 3-AD will lead to an even more noticeable reduction in fat.

My current daily protocol (year round):
-2-3g vitamin C
-5-6g enteric fish oil gels
-1000 IU vitamin D3
-1 multi-vitamin
-100-250mg Na-RALA (NP)
-1.5-2g ALCAR (NP)
-1500/1200/1000mg Glucosamine Chondroitin w/ MSN
-400-800mg Lecithin (only when not taking Sesathin)
-Sesathin 2.5-3mL/day
-800-1200mg Garlic bulb extract (enteric coated)
-400 IU vitamin E
-1000mg Green Teat Extract (50% EGCG) – Bulk NP caps
-2g Beta-Alanine (NP)
Probiotic:
Gut Health (Lactobacillus casei)
-or-
DanActive (Lactobacillus casei)

Pre-workout (30-45min prior):
-1 serving flavored oatmeal
-Whey Protein Shake (either ON 100% whey or Ergopharm GF Pro depending on funds)
-2g Bulk Beta-Alanine powder (NP)
-3g Bulk L-Leucine (or BCAA blend) (NP)
-Half serving of Green Magnitude creatine:
1 serving = Magnesium 350mg
Magnesium Creatine Chelate 2500mg
Dicreatine Malate 2500mg
Betaine Anhydrous 2000mg
L-Taurine 2000mg
L-Tyrosine 500m​

Post-Workout:
-Whey Protein Shake (30-60g protein)
-Half serving of Green Magnitude
-3g L-leucine (or BCAA blend) (proetin+carb+leucine = major bump in mTOR/protein synth.)
-40-50g carbs – oatmeal, rice cakes, Gatorade, 100% Concord Grape Juice (phytonutrients) Considering trying Waxy Maize…

-Super Cutter-
3-AD: 450mg/day – 4 weeks (1 bottle)
Havoc: 30mg/day – 5 weeks ( I have 2 bottles, may go 6 weeks)
Lipo6-X: 4 caps/day (AM & 5pm) – 4 weeks
Ephedrine HCL: 25mg + 100mg caffeine Pre-Workout only (spaced in between Lipo6 dosages)
Sesathin: 6mL/day
CLA (NP's) 5g/day

I expect great increases in strength, and muscle fullness. In addition, I hope to see increased fat loss (especially abdominally) and hardening above and beyond what epitiostanol alone might offer.

One reason Trenbolone is so popular for cutting is because of its amazing effects on body fat and overall body recomposition. Part of this is obviously due to its extremely androgenic nature. But it is also speculated that it also has a lot to do with Tren’s overwhelming reduction in cortisol. Like Tren, this stack should offer increased androgen levels and decreased cortisol. In addition, we also get increased insulin sensitivity.
I'm not sure if you guys remember the original claims of Superdrol, but Superdrol was supposed to be the mild alternative to M1T. Superdrol doused my body in gasoline, light a match, and smiled at me as it threw the flaming match-head onto me and watched me burn. It then peed on the ashes of what was
left of me.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure if you guys remember the original claims of Superdrol, but Superdrol was supposed to be the mild alternative to M1T. Superdrol doused my body in gasoline, light a match, and smiled at me as it threw the flaming match-head onto me and watched me burn. It then peed on the ashes of what was
left of me.
They (DS) were looking to bring out something that was as, or nearly, potent as M1T without the harsh sides. Although it is considered to be much milder, there are still some that got pretty harsh sides.

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
left of me.

LOL guy i worked with did 3 cycles of sdrol, last cycle he did consisted of sdrol, pheraplex and something else. By the time it was all said and done he added 40 pounds. He complained the entire time about his receeding hairline, and horrible blood pressure headaches. Sdrol pissed on him also. Thankfully he didnt suffer a stroke or shut down his liver.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
They (DS) were looking to bring out something that was as, or nearly, potent as M1T without the harsh sides. Although it is considered to be much milder, there are still some that got pretty harsh sides.
Yeah bro... for sure it was mostly dependent on the user and probably reacted better to novice steroid users IMO. Still, Superdrol had incredible accute side effects and delayed response side effects....

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
LOL guy i worked with did 3 cycles of sdrol, last cycle he did consisted of sdrol, pheraplex and something else. By the time it was all said and done he added 40 pounds. He complained the entire time about his receeding hairline, and horrible blood pressure headaches. Sdrol pissed on him also. Thankfully he didnt suffer a stroke or shut down his liver.
Yeah man, I feel for your friend. Gained a good amount of weight that will slowly recycle and strip itself in time during the course of the bodies own protein exchange rate and he's stuck with some nasty aftermath and possible long term side effects that are yet to be determined.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure why Superdrol is brought into the mix. Some react differently then others. It is VERY powerful and also somewhat harsh in comparison to others. I have been able to use it with no major sides. 3-AD is without a doubt a more subtle, milder choice than Superdrol. I dont think we have to worry about major sides from this product.

Back on target...

I have really been enjoying this stack. I havent lost fat this rapidly on any OTC cutting stack. I know the Havoc, Sesathin, and Lipo6 work but things have been going really well this time around. I would like to think the cortisol reduction of the 3-AD has been a major contributing factor. I could sit here and tell you "Im shredded and ripped with amazing pumps" or "3-AD is the most amazing pro-hormone ever" but I'm not. All I know is that this has been a really effective stack and I am heavily considering making 11-oxo or 3-AD a core component of any cutting stack in the future. I would like to see the dosages go up just a bit though. It would also become a much more effective gaining aid at a higher dose.

I havent noticed any real neg. sides that I can attribute to the 3-AD. There have been a few times post workout where I wasnt able to get some carbs/whey as soon as I would have liked. I got a little bit light headed a few times in this situation, it was a very hypoglycemic feeling. This makes sense and actually reassures me the cortisol reduction effects are occurring. I have no joint pain or anything else that some associate with cortisol reduction.

I wanted to include some informative information about this compound from Pat. I had a few of these questions myself and He answered them elsewhere:

Is any kind of cortisol rebound an issue?

PA: with 11-OXO you are not affecting the production of cortisol. You are not affecting the binding of cortisol to receptors either

the blood levels of cortisol should not fluctuate much, however there may be a slight decrease in the cortisol / cortisone ratio. remember, you are only affecting cortisol levels in specific tissues, not in the blood itself. that is the neat thing about the mechanism of 11-OXO

your hypothalamus is in charge of sensing changes in blood cortisol and sending the initial signal to produce more or less to the adrenal.
since blood levels will not change that much, and the cortisol receptors at the hypothalamus are not hindered, there should not be any disruption of the HPAA (hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis)

now if we could only do such a thing for androgens.....

androgens don't reduce cortisol levels. nor do they inhibit binding of cortisol to receptors.

I think they just compete with cortisol because they are anabolic and anti-catabolic. its like a see saw with cortisol on one end and androgen on the other

but what 11-OXO *[and 3-AD] does is completely unrelated to this androgen related effect
DR. P: moreover, anabolic steroids upregulate glucocorticoid receptors, which is a VERY bad thing when you quit taking the anabolic steroids. then you will really need something to modify cortisol levels.
From that perspective, it would even make sense to use low-dose 11-oxo for post cycle therapy after any harsh or prolonged anabolic steroids cycle.

PA, just as a idea: I am sure that 11-oxo would be of high interest for the guys int he steroid section who seek something to improve post cycle therapy and minimize muscle loss after cycle.

a very low dose would apparently be not suppressive but sufficient for cortisol modulation.
PA: yeah but i am not gonna jump into the steroid section and talk about a supplement. most guys in the steroid sections are anti-supplement. they believe if its a supplement then it can't work

GH is a very good inhbitor of 11beta-HSD1 btw, which is one of many reasons why its good to take post cycle
How does 3-AD (or 11-OXO) effective insulin sensitivity & fat loss?
PA: cortisol has the effect in the body of creating insulin resistance - influencing the bodies metabolism away from the storage of glycogen to the breakdown of glycogen to free glucose for use as energy. this is great for reaction to acute stress, but bad for long term bodybuilding goals

controlling the metabolism of cortisol, minimizing its adverse effects in the liver and muscle, will result in optimal response to insulin and optimal glycogen synthesis
This can also explain the hypoglycemic like sides i felt a couple times.

Another interesting thing I wanted to point out about 3-AD. IMO, the most obvious application is when cutting. However, a product like this seems like it would be VERY effective at reducing abdominal fat gain when Bulking in a hypercaloric environment. As many of you have noticed, when bulking you can REALLY pack on the gut fat. In addition, androgens can increase visceral fat deposition. This compounds the situation and leads to some nice big guns and a big flabby gut. I think this cortisol reduction would be VERY useful at warding off fat gain when bulking. Just something to keep in mind. This is a very versatile compound.

I'm a fan of both Ergo & AX. These are both solid products. I have to give props to AX for bringing a higher dosage for the same price range. AX's marketing team could learn a thing or two from the low-key down to earth promotion tactics (or lack of tactics) that Ergo displays. Hearing Pat and Rushi discuss it you almost forget they are the ones selling it. The 3-AD campaign was a bit much. Then again, If it wasnt, I would have been able to test this product for the AM membership. ;)

Anyway, good stuff. I plan on purchasing more of this compound in the future...

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
i suspect their may be some cortisol rebound issues with the product as i have read where people with congenital 11beta-HSD1r deficiency have very high cortisol (despite having no physical symptoms of cortisol elevation).

they have a very high cortisone to cortisol ratio, indicative of lack of the body to convert cortisone. So the response is upregulation of ACTH to try to keep up

Despite this possiblity i have had some real world evidence that a harsh rebound is not likely. Couple of guys have finished their cycles and reported no loss of gains whatsoever. feel great even after 2 weeks

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I have really been enjoying this stack. I havent lost fat this rapidly on any OTC cutting stack. I know the Havoc, Sesathin, and Lipo6 work but things have been going really well this time around. I would like to think the cortisol reduction of the 3-AD has been a major contributing factor. I could sit here and tell you "Im shredded and ripped with amazing pumps" or "3-AD is the most amazing pro-hormone ever" but I'm not. All I know is that this has been a really effective stack and I am heavily considering making 11-oxo or 3-AD a core component of any cutting stack in the future.
can you give an example?

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
can you give an example?
Things like this are very subjective. It is hard to quantify and measure. I will spare the membership from magazine ad like claims of amazing results. I have run this stack before without 3-AD (its a pretty basic cutter, Prohormone, Stim, Sesathin). All I can say is that with 3-AD it "seems" like I have lost more abdominal fat at a quicker pace than I normally do. It still comes down to diet and cardio but I think this helps. At the VERY LEAST it makes dieting and ephedrine/synpehrine use less catabolic. If you are looking for a supplement that lowers cortisol, I would say this is the best OTC choice available.

I'm fairly confident this compound lowers cortisol in tissue (to what effective degree is still unknown). It has been established fairly clearly that a reduction in cortisol: A) helps with weight loss (and wards off abdominal fat gain when bulking) and B) makes for a less catabolic environment.

By combining what we already know about cortsiol with anecdotal observations we can come to a fairly reasonable assumption. In this industry, thats about the best you get. The compound has sound science behind it. A cortisol reduction also leads to the benefits mentioned above. HOW much it lowers costisol in tissue is the question. The fact that Pat (Ergo) and Dr. D and AX both put their eggs in this basket gives me more confidence that its a legitimate product. You dont see Pat jump on the fad bandwagon too often. I think the dosages need to go up and the price needs to stay the same for it to become a more attractive purchase. Hopefully as the popularity and sourcing improves this will be a reality. 30 days @ 600-700mg would be nice. Even as it is now, both products are worth the purchase if you are running a serious cutting cycle. If I was looking to gain or bulk I would choose a more potent prohormone.