~~~~Tara's Citruvol Log~~~~

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Citruvol

Citruvol™ is a target response endurance and nitric oxide potentiator that incorporates the power of Citrulline Malate, Cordyne3™, Cnidium Monnier and L-Taurine AKG to maximize Nitric Oxide and ATP production, as well as aerobic and anaerobic endurance. The ingredients in Citruvol™ have been clinically proven to enhance oxygen utilization and stamina. Whether you are a bodybuilder, power lifter, boxer, martial artist, triathlete, baseball, basketball or football player, athletes at all levels can improve their game using Citruvol™.

Thanks to Millenium for choosing me to be a tester! I'm excited to get started!!!

Stats:

Height: 5' 7
Weight: 129#
Bodyfat: Around 20%
History/Goals: A year ago, I weighed 107# and was suffering from an eating disorder. Over the past year, I have discovered lifting and I've gaine about 20# and a whole new outlook toward my body and food!

LIFTING SCHEDULE: I lift 4-5 days a week, and my routines are designed by a genius named Emma-Leigh, who also helps me with nutrition. I will only be able to list my highest weights used and I can't go into detail on the sets/reps. The exercises will be in random order.

NUTRITION: I have obviously spent the last year bulking, and now we are starting to cut back just a bit. I am carb cycling right now. I can't go into detail on macros or food, since Emma helps me with that as well. I will list if it's high/low/moderate carb day.

I was going to compete in October, but I'm going to focus on gaining more muscle and shooting for a comp in the spring or early summer.

I attached a starting pic...

So here we go!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
Ooooh ya sexy mamita:afro: subscribed! Good to hear your eating disorder is history and you gained some healthy pounds again..Looking good mamita.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking good twinnet. I think you got a good start on that comp already. I'll be following.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Nice start! I'm in. :D

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man you all sound like contestants on the dating game. looking good tara.:lol: :pizza:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
A generalized warning not directed at anyone in particular;

Treat Ms. Tara with respect or there will be bannings.

This is her thread and she is a serious athelete deserving our attention and respect. Keep your innuendos to yourselves.

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Hi everyone!! Good to see some people following along already, even if it's just b/c I'm so hot...lol

Had my first Citruvol today....I did my preworkout shake, ...30 min. later, I took my Expand creatine and 2 caps of Citruvol (decided to start w/ a half dose the first time)

During my workout, I felt really rubbery and shaky and just not right. I don't think it was the supplement, though...just felt out of it..made a lot of increases though...

Random order/ highest weights only

WORKOUT 1: ROTATION 7

LAT FLY: 16#...increased wt

INC. BI CURLS: 21#...increased wt...PB

OH BB PRESS: 47#...increased wt for rep range

NARROW INC. PRESS: 45#...increased sets @45#

STD DB PRESS: 26#...inccreased reps

DOUBLE QUARTER CURLS: BIG EZ CURL BAR..increased wt

CABLE CROSSES: #4 plate...increased wt...PB

DB BENCH: 37.5#...increased reps

TIME: 1:10
HR: avg 105...stayed low??
CALS: 275...didn't burn many...HR dropped really fast

I feel much better now...had a treat meal tonight for my birthday, which is next week...grilled, marinated chicken, sweet dinner roll w/ butter, parmesan potatoes, stir fry veggies and pavlova for dessert, made w/ homemade whipped cream and topped w/ berries...yum!! After 2 low carb/ calorie days, it was just what I needed!!

NOTES ON CITRUVOL:

To be honest, I didn't really notice anything different or spectacular today. Actually felt pretty crappy during my workout. I only took a half dose though, so I'll take 4 capsules before tomorrow's leg workout

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it's definately too early to tell, especially at 2 capsules. I think after a few days of 4 caps preworkout you'll start getting the goods.

You may find that your heart rate stays fairly low on cardio at 4 caps too.

Great job regardless of feeling rubbery and shaky. Have a great night Tara!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like you where getting the classic lethargic symptoms associated with the low carb days you had. I bet after that little treat meal your next workouts will be primed.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone!! Good to see some people following along already, even if it's just b/c I'm so hot...lol

NOTES ON CITRUVOL:

To be honest, I didn't really notice anything different or spectacular today. Actually felt pretty crappy during my workout. I only took a half dose though, so I'll take 4 capsules before tomorrow's leg workout
Dang; you caught me! :p

Xpand + Citruvol should produce SICK pumps, especially on high rep days. Very underrated creatine IMO.

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Had a pretty good leg workout this morning...today is lowish carb/ lowish calories...feel like puking now though, for some reason...just haven't felt right the last few days...still a little shaky today...grrrr

Took 4 capsules of the citruvol today...

WO 2: ROTATION 7

WG LAT PD w/ pulse: 75#..increased wt for scheme

BOX SQUAT: 105#..increased reps

HYPERS: 20#

LEG CURLS w/ pulse: 97.5#...increased wt for scheme

LEG PRESS high and wide feet: 275#...increased reps

VUPS: 12#

YATES ROW: 85#...increased reps

STANDING CALF: 150#...increased reps

TIME: 1:25
HR: avg 111
CALS: 380

SUPPLEMENT NOTES:

Good recovery between sets...my HR came down fast...I'm not as sore as I usually am today after yesterday's workout. Made some good increases today...didn't feel as much of a burn, even on the high rep stuff..

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Hey Tara!!!!! I'm subscribed as well :thumbsup:

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
lil mama settin' pr's left and right. :clap2: keep it up!

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Hey everyone!!! Had a good workout today!!! Taking the full dose now. I'm not noticing any huge effects, but recovery between sets seems to have improved a bit.

random order/highest weights only

WO 4: ROTATION 7

SUMOS DL: 150#...increased reps

INC. CRUNCH: 12#

VBAR PD: 80#...increased reps

HACKS: 110#

HYPERS: 45#

ST. ARM PD: #6 plate..increased reps

LEG EXT (plate loaded): 52.5#..increased wt

CABLE ROWS: #7 plate..increased wt for rep range

TIME: 1:15
SLEEP: 8 hrs...

Today was lowish carbs and calories..also did 45 min. moderate cardio

I've been having some weird, achy feelings, esp. in my legs...just ache all of the time..annoying!

Tomorrow is total rest and low carb/ low calorie

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Nice session mami. :bb:

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone!!! Had a good workout today!!! Taking the full dose now. I'm not noticing any huge effects, but recovery between sets seems to have improved a bit.

random order/highest weights only

WO 4: ROTATION 7

SUMOS DL: 150#...increased reps

INC. CRUNCH: 12#

VBAR PD: 80#...increased reps

HACKS: 110#

HYPERS: 45#

ST. ARM PD: #6 plate..increased reps

LEG EXT (plate loaded): 52.5#..increased wt

CABLE ROWS: #7 plate..increased wt for rep range

SLEEP: 8 hrs...

Today was lowish carbs and calories..also did 45 min. moderate cardio

I've been having some weird, achy feelings, esp. in my legs...just ache all of the time..annoying!

Tomorrow is total rest and low carb/ low calorie
Nice session Tara! Hopefully the achy legs are a fluky thing and not you getting sick or run down. Take care of yourself this weekend!

spaceclown

spaceclown

On the Rag & it Roks
Awards
  • Established
Have a great b-day tomorrow Tara!!!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Hey everyone!!! Been busy lately! I had my little brother's graduation party Saturday and my birthday was yesterday. I was pretty good this weekend. Only cheat foods included some cookie icing and cool whip..lol

Got in a workout at the YMCA on Saturday. It's a different gym, so they had some different machines and didn't have a few that I needed...

WO 2: ROTATION 8( at the YMCA)

LEG PRESS high and wide stance: 230#...seemed harder than my normal machine

YATES ROW: 84#...increased reps

BOX SQUATS: 110#...increased wt

HYPERS: 25#

CALF PRESS ON LEG PRESS: 140#

LEG CURLS (seated, pin loaded): 75#...really hard machine...

VUPS: 10#

WG LAT PD: 70#...also, VERY tough machine!

30 min. cardio on TM

TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS
CALS: 486....HR stayed REALLY low..grrrrr

Sunday was a rest day and today, I did 1 hr of weighted powerwalking...420 calories burnt/ HR avg 136

Still haven't noticed a big difference w/ the supplement, other than I lower than usual heart rate during my workouts...

Today is low carb/ low calorie...tomorrow, I get some carbs and I'm back at the gym!

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Woke up and puked this morning...weird..haven't puked in like 5 yrs...nope..not pregnant..unless I'm the Virgin Mary! lol

Felt kind of sick during my workout...had a few...errmmm...loose bowel movements...legs felt kind of wobbly throughout, but I'm feeling better now. I pushed hard and made some increases..I can tell that I'm about ready for a break! July 4th is my first day of rest between programs.

WO 3: ROTATION 8

BB CURL: big EZ bar +5#

BENCH: 87#...increased wt

SKULL CRUSHERS: big EZ bar +2#...kept it light b/c my wrist was hurting

INCLINE FLY: 26#..increased wt..PB

ROPE PD: #5plate

REAR FLY: 16#...increased reps

STD BB PRESS: 47#..increased wt...PB

CABLE CURLS: #4plate +2#....burn burn burn...lots o' reps..increased wt

TIME: 1:20

Feel very achy today...and just kind of depleted...had a few more carbs today..made a pancake this morning w/ whole wheat flour..yum!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Did you notice these uncomfortable bowel movements, etc. about when you starting taking Citruvol? If the problems persist, you should probably take a few days off and see if you can pinpoint the problem. It's entirely up to you, though.

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Feeling better today!!!

I had a good workout w/ some increases, but I can tell that I'm ready for a break! Starting Wednesday, I will be taking a break from weight training until our new program on Monday, July 9th.

WO 4: ROTATION 8

SUMO DL: 145#...only 1 set...dropped down to 115# w/ no straps

VBAR PD: 82#...increased wt...finally making progress w/ these!

INCLINE CRUNCHES: 12#...why are these so hard????

LEG EXTENSIONS: 55#...increased wt

ST. ARM PD: #6 plate...increased wt

CABLE ROWS: #7 plate...increased wt

HACK SQUATS (narrow stance): 115#

Drank my shake, then headed to the park for some weighted powerwalking...put a 10# weight in my backpack...hot and sweaty!!!

TIME: 1hr
AVG HR: 139
CALS BURNT: 450

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Nice workouts! Good numbers, also! :dance:

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Workout for Friday 6/29:

WO 1: ROTATION 9​

LAT FLY: 20#...increased wt

INC. BI CURLS: 22.5# DB....increased reps

OH BB PRESS: 57#...PB!!!

NARROW INC. PRESS: 50#...increased reps...these are SOOO hard for me!

DB BENCH: 38.5# each hand...increased reps

DOUBLE QUAR. CURLS: BIG EZ bar +2#...increased wt

STD DB PRESS (1 ARM): 30#...increased wt...PB

CABLE CROSSES: #4 PLATE +2.5#/ SIDE: increased wt...PB

TIME: 1:05

Enjoyed some carbs too....Cookie crisp and oats and a whole wheat tortilla...yum...

6/30 Workout:

Made it my mission today to just have FUN at the gym and not beat myself up or worry about what's wrong if I can't increase something in every exercise...going to try to laugh and smile more today and just ENJOY being alive and healthy!

WO 2: ROTATION 9​

YATES ROW: 75#...lowered wt b/c this had been hurting my wrist before

BOX SQUATS: 100#...lowered wt...these are SOOO hard for me!!

WG LAT PD: 82.5#...increased wt...PB (I think???)

LEG PRESS ( high/wide): 215#..increased wt at this horrendous rep scheme!

VUPS: 10#

LEG CURLS: 112.5#...increased wt

STANDING CALF: 85#...yes, wimpy, but lots of reps..burn!!!!

Pretty low carbs/calories today. Also did a 1 hr. weighted powerwalk...

Millennium 1

Millennium 1

Awards
  • Established
Wow Tara, you've been having some great session loaded with personal bests. Your kickin butt for sure! Keep up the great work and have a great weekend! ;)

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
You're on the right road, sister! It's all about having fun.

Lemme get some Cookie Crisp!! mmm!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Log is great, keep up the good work.

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Monday, July 2nd:

I was NOT wanting to be in the gym today...:( I get scared feeling that way before a break. I'm afraid I won't want to go back! I know that just means that I'm ready for a break though! I woke my lazy ass brother up and he came too...we went to the Y today..my brother, by the way, is 18 and gigantic (6' 3, 300#). He's going to Lehigh University this fall on a football scholarship...

WO 3: Rotation 9

STD BB PRESS: 50#...increased wt...PB

ROPE PD: 55#...inc. wt...PB

BENCH: 80#...decreased wt...???...I swear this bar was NOT 45#...my brother agreed...he thought it was heavier..if not, then my bench is MUCH weaker than I thought! grrrr

BB CURL: 40#

INC. FLY: 20#

REAR FLY: 15#

CABLE CURLS: 45#..increased wt

SKULLCRUSHERS: 40#....hurt my wrist, so went easy today

My wrist was really hurting me today...hopefully this rest will help out! Only one more workout tomorrow, then 5 days off!

Question: since I'm taking 5 days off of weight training, should I still keep taking the supplement??

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
I took some update pics a few days ago too. I'm hoping that my shoulders are improving a bit...I've also posted a pic of me 1 yr ago when I first started training. I was 107#....:eek:

Attachments

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
DAMN! Awesome progress! You were a twig when you first started! You've packed on some quality pounds! Keep up the awesome work!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, great looking progress(love the dog to).

For me, whenever I take a break from the gym I always continue taking my supplements I just alter the dosing to half dose. Cumulative effects can build up over time and when you come back to the gym, should be noticable. I've read some great reviews of Cordy kicking in stronger, and stronger with prolonged use.

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Starting today, I am not weight training until Monday. I will be doing some light recovery sessions (dog walks) and lots of stretching! I will continue to take the supplement. Yesterday was my last training session. I'm noticing less lactic acid build up, which is nice. It will come in handy, b/c I think my next program, starting Monday, is going to have a LOT of reps!

I'm also noticing less DOMS. I can still feel that I worked out, but recovery is good!

Oh, so you know how spastic I am, here's a pic of me in college, when I was overweight and ate Taco Bell and pizza every night..lol

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You have dedication and determination, and something to really be proud of. Nuff said.

Great transformations on both accounts.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
You have dedication and determination, and something to really be proud of. Nuff said.

Great transformations on both accounts.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Hey all! The not counting/ weighing/ measuring is going pretty well, although I have to admit I haven't had any treats yet, other than some fat free cool whip! lol...I've been eating pretty clean and pretty low carb.

I really need to get in a few treats though before I start cutting next week!! I'll be wishing that I had! I got my new program today and it looks tough but fun!!! I'll be incorporating some more cardio and adding in some days of intervals and other days of longer sessions...should be fun!!

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Hey all! The not counting/ weighing/ measuring is going pretty well, although I have to admit I haven't had any treats yet, other than some fat free cool whip! lol...I've been eating pretty clean and pretty low carb.

I really need to get in a few treats though before I start cutting next week!! I'll be wishing that I had! I got my new program today and it looks tough but fun!!! I'll be incorporating some more cardio and adding in some days of intervals and other days of longer sessions...should be fun!!
Sounds great!! :cool: Make those treats something special. :burger:

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Went out to Carabba's tonight...yum...then came home and ate half of a peach pie that I made...blegh...shouldn't have done that, but I've got a week of pretty hard core dieting coming up...no treats until this wedding I have to go to next weekend!

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Back at the gym!!!

Monday 7/9:

I'm out of Xpand!!! I had to use my V12 w/out caffeine and I put lots of coffee in my shake...I have Ragnarok on order! So excited...I've missed it!! Got the blue raz flavor this time..

my workout was fun! I can't go into details, but it was tough! I was actually sweating, and I DON'T sweat!! The gym wasn't very crowded, which was nice!

WO 1: ROTATION 1: legs/ chest

Random order/highest weights

DB BENCH: 35# DB (tough...I think I can do more though...darn no spotter!)

INC. BB PRESS: 45# (VERY tough!!!)

LEG EXT (plate loaded): 75# (will start heavier next time)

CABLE CROSSES: #4 Plate (getting strong!)

LEG PRESS: 220# (Will start heavier next time)

LP CALF RAISE: 180# (tough!)

PUSHUPS: 15...these WILL improve!!!

HACKS: 90#...wimpy I know..it's all I could do though!

CARDIO: 10 min. intervals on the elliptical..felt good! I've missed it!!

There was a woman there who looked like she competes..I'm sure she thought I was nuts b/c I kept staring at her awesome shoulders..they WILL be mine someday! Well, not HER awesome shoulders, but my own..lol

Tuesday 7/10

Good morning! I had an early workout this morning, b/c I want to relax after Bible School, maybe lay out a bit..read some..we'll see! It was a good workout. I felt very focused today! Can't wait to get my Ragnarok though!!! I had a dream last night that I was on stage and had a great body w/ lots of confidence...not sure if I won in my dream, but it felt great!

WO 2: ROTATION 2: BACK/ABS/BIS

ST. ARM PD: #6 plate....felt good

VBAR PD: 70#...had to drop after one set...these felt tough today!!!

R. DB FLYES: 10#

DOUBLE GET UPS: 6# total wt...1st time on these..they are tough! I had good form though!

CABLE CURLS: #3 plate

TBAR ROWS: 20# + wt of machine thingy...good form on these

BB CURL: big EZ curl bar (35#???)

REV. BALL CRUNCHES: weird...not sure on form..back was hurting so I switched to ball crunches w/ a 5# plate

CARDIO: 10 min. elliptical intervals on level 8..good energy!

I've been using Extend again..I like that stuff!

1:30 min. total

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
I'm really liking these supps, especially with my new program. It is really helping w/ recovery between sets! The more I use it, the better I like it.I'm thinking of trying some Cordygen soon. Can't wait to get my Ragnarok!

As for diet, the past 2 days have been pretty moderate calories and lowish/moderate carbs. Hunger is not bad at all...here's a recent update pic...1st thing in the morning..no makeup!!! :eek:Weight has been holding steady around 129#..hopefully, that will start to drop soon! Bodyfat is around 20-22% I'd say...

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm really liking these supps, especially with my new program. It is really helping w/ recovery between sets! The more I use it, the better I like it.I'm thinking of trying some Cordygen soon. Can't wait to get my Ragnarok!

As for diet, the past 2 days have been pretty moderate calories and lowish/moderate carbs. Hunger is not bad at all...here's a recent update pic...1st thing in the morning..no makeup!!! :eek:Weight has been holding steady around 129#..hopefully, that will start to drop soon! Bodyfat is around 20-22% I'd say...

very nice body!
i just read this thread. good work.

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
Lookin' AWESOME! :D

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
great progress..gonna show my gf this thread when she gets home..been trying to inspire her to hit the gym
yates row? this seated rows with a hammer machine?

damn ncangey0513 if you put my avatar and yours together we woyld have the perfect girl

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Yates row is with a barbell...stand almost upright and row basically toward the crotch..lol

ncangey0513

ncangey0513

Awards
  • Established
damn ncangey0513 if you put my avatar and yours together we woyld have the perfect girl
LMAO! Photoshop FTW?? :p

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Workout for Wednesday 7/11:

Starting to get used to the afternoon thing. It's nice..not many people there at 1:30! I actually broke a sweat and was breathing heavy...haven't approached puking yet though, so maybe I'm not working hard enough!

WO 3: ROTATION 1​

RDL: 160#...I don't know how some of you do over 200#!! I start using my back w/ more weight...I'll get there though!

INC. DB FLY: 16#

STD CALF RAISE: 90#

OH BB PRESS: 45#...again, these are so tough for me!!! I was almost crying the last few reps...I was grunting here too

REV. DB LUNGE: 30#....had to drop b/c my forearm was aching

ARNOLDS: 20#

NARROW INC. PRESS: 45#

LYING LEG CURL(plate loaded): 100#

Time: 1:20
HR avg: 116
CALS: 418

I also did 45 min. of weighted powerwalking in the morning...low carb for diet

Today was a rest day...low carbs again..

Tomorrow is AM cardio, PM workout and high carb! Includes a Subway sandwich and a low fat ice cream sandwich! :D

Supp still going good....I got my Ragnarok today! Can't wait to use it tomorrow!

twinnett

twinnett

Awards
Workout for Friday, July 13th:

WO 4: ROTATION 1

So, this was a tough workout. My quads were still sore as hell, so hack squats and leg extensions were HARD!!! I used Ragnarok preworkout for the first time in a long time...still like it!

1 LEG PRESS: 100#...this hurt!!!

INC. CRUNCHES: 10#

HACK SQUATS: 160#

LEG EXTENSIONS: 75#..increased reps

CHINUPS: 5...embarassing...this was w/ help too! Kind of pushed off w/ my toes....these hurt my wrist, so I used a hammer grip

BB CURLS: BIG EZ +2#...increased wt

DB ROWS: 35#

WG LAT PD: 87.5#...PB

TIME: 1:25

AM CARDIO: 45 min...Avg HR: 141...CALS: 345

Today is a high carb day...just had a grilled cheese sandwich w/ fat free cheese...having subway later and a low fat ice cream sandwich. I look forward to high carb days so much, but then the food is never as good as I think it's going to be! lol

Tomorrow is an AM workout, then I have to go to a wedding, so I'm having a treat meal...hooray for wedding cake!!

I only have a few days left of this supp...it's been a fun test though!