Rodja's JW/Pro-Anabol Log

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't planning on starting this until Monday, but I couldn't look at the pretty bottles any longer. Also, I could use a little extra help in the recovery dept. Right now, I am readying myself for my pre-fight training and my goals are to add about 5 lbs of LBM, have a nice recomp, and regain my strength I had before my fight.

During each WO, I will update where I am and where I was to show my progress. Cardio is a subjective issue, but I will be doing lots of aerobic and anaerobic activity. I have used ecdy, nettle, and AI's before, but I have never combined them in the same stack, so this should be an interesting run.

Starting Numbers:
Ht - 5'10" (don't think this will change)
Wt - 179
BF% - 12
Chest/Back - 44"
Arms - 15"
Waist - 31"
Legs - 26"

Strength/Body Comp goals:
Incline DB - 80x5
BB Row - 275x8
Deads - 385x5
Military Press - 155x5
Close-Grip BP - 215
Hammer Curls - 55x5
Walking DB Lunges - 80x6 per leg
Unilateral Leg Press - 3 platesX8
Wt - 180 lbs
BF% - 10

Other Supps:
BCAA
WPI
Multi
Fish Oil
Poseidon

Last edited:
thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I'm in! :D Do I win anything??? :stick:

Good luck, brother!

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Best of luck to buddy. I will follow.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here was todays WO:
Close Grip BP - 195x6, 195x6 (215x6)
HS Shoulder Press - 1 plate+35x8, 8 (2 plates+10)
Campered Curls/Lying Extensions - 85x8/85x8, 85x8/85x6
Pressdowns/Unilateral Side Laterals - 140x10/30x10, 140x10/35x6
DB Curls/Behind-the-back Cable Laterals - 40x8/20x12, 40x7/20x12
Rear Laterals - 25x12, 25x12
Icarian Preacher Curls - 80x8, 60x15
Facepulls/Trunk Rotations - 50x15/50x20, 50x15/50x20

Cardio - 5 miles of biking, 20 minutes of running, 10 reps of 2's, 3's, and 4's (Thai boxing)

I felt really, really good during this WO. It took a while to get into the grove, but once I was there, I did not want to stop. Collectively, this took about 2 hours, but I was not lacking any energy. My weight is a little higher than I expected, but that is a good thing. My goal of 180 at 10% is not quite mathematically correct, but it is really close (my BF would be at 9.1%, give or take .1%). The journey has begun...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today, I did some cardio and Thai boxing since I did not go to BJJ yesterday. I did my usual 3.5 mile run, but I kicked up the intensity of run. I usually finish somewhere around 24-26 minutes, but today I was done in 22. I don't know if it is the stack, the Rocky 4 montage music, or both, but I had a great run. For the Thai boxing, I did 15 minutes of the Bas Rutten workout. I didn't stop because I was tired, I was just really hungry. My muscles are already starting to feel a lot fuller and I can see my abs starting to poke out a little.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was heavy chest and back. It took me a little longer to get mentally ready today, but I definitely got there.
Flat DB Press - 70x8, 70x6
BB Row - 225x10, 225x10 (starting to regain my strength on this)
HS Incline Press - 1 plate+35x8, 1 plate+40x6
Lat Pulldown - 140x8, 150x8, 150x6
One Arm Row - 90x8, 90x8 (Strength is getting there, but I can't get a good contraction)
Icarian Dips - 255x12, 270x10
Weighted Crunches/O-goshi's (Judo Hip Toss) - 100x30/30x10, 100x30/30x10
Trunk Rotations - 40x10, 40x10

DC stretches afterwards for chest and back.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Today was heavy chest and back. It took me a little longer to get mentally ready today, but I definitely got there.
Flat DB Press - 70x8, 70x6
BB Row - 225x10, 225x10 (starting to regain my strength on this)
HS Incline Press - 1 plate+35x8, 1 plate+40x6
Lat Pulldown - 140x8, 150x8, 150x6
One Arm Row - 90x8, 90x8 (Strength is getting there, but I can't get a good contraction)
Icarian Dips - 255x12, 270x10
Weighted Crunches/O-goshi's (Judo Hip Toss) - 100x30/30x10, 100x30/30x10
Trunk Rotations - 40x10, 40x10

DC stretches afterwards for chest and back.
Nice workout dude. Got to love those DC stretches.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
OK...I'll bite...what is a DC stretch? Couldn't find anything when I searched. Nice w/o btw ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OK...I'll bite...what is a DC stretch? Couldn't find anything when I searched. Nice w/o btw ;)
They are basically stretches designed to increase the microtrauma from a workout. By doing so, you increase bloodflow, recovery, and strength. It is one of the principles of DoggCrap training.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Dang it, you need to send old people links to the logs, Im too old to fish ;)

Glad to see this up and hoping everything else is going well for you !

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dang it, you need to send old people links to the logs, Im too old to fish ;)

Glad to see this up and hoping everything else is going well for you !
I am doing great. I am only 5 days into this stack and I am already loving the results. Vascularity and recovery are awesome and my cardio (which is extremely important) is rapidly improving. It's a little too early to say on the strength, but I am sure it will come along.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was leg day, but first a little information about my leg training. I do not train for size or strength, but for power. I have a genetic predisposition for leg mass, so I don't train them with the same intensity as other muscles. Also, bigger thighs make certain submissions much more difficult to lock-up (e.g triangles).

Dynamic Squats - 155x3x5 (done WestSide style w/ 30 secs rest)
Front Squats - 135x5x3 (done WS w/ 30 secs rest)
SLDL - 185x6x3 (slow eccentric, explosive concentric)
Unilateral Leg Press - 2 plates+25x6x3
Smith-Machine Lunges - 135x5x3 (5 reps per leg, explosive)

About 10 miles of mountain biking throughout the day. It actually increases recovery and helps to alleviate the cramping I get in my left hamstring. I also checked my weight today and it was 176.5:think: , but I am definitely leaner and fuller.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just wanted to say that, for the first time in months, that I slept through the entire night without waking up. Also, my waist is down 5/8", maybe I will be able to get that 29" waist I had when I was in high school? Sounds like a new goal for me.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Good night's sleep will do wonders for ya! I've been sleeping pretty well myself.

29" waist...48" chest :head:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good night's sleep will do wonders for ya! I've been sleeping pretty well myself.

29" waist...48" chest :head:
Damn, now that is impressive. Keep up the deads and it will only get more ridiculous.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No! :rofl: Not me!!! :toofunny:

YOU!!!
Maybe, we will see, but it is a goal of mine. I am definitely going to put in the necessary work to get there. I am going to do deads today for the first time since early March.

joecski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
No! :rofl: Not me!!! :toofunny:

YOU!!!
Hey, that brought a smile to my face. Seriously, 29" waist and 48" chest is amazing. I am shooting for a 32" waist and 48" chest by December, I am stting at about 341/2 by 461/2 right now. Gotta have goals!

Rodja, great log so far, keep it up. I enjoy reading your posts, you are always very helpful and respectful, best of luck with this cycle. If all goes well i'll probably give it a try at the end of the summer.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Maybe, we will see, but it is a goal of mine. I am definitely going to put in the necessary work to get there. I am going to do deads today for the first time since early March.
That's a good goal! Have fun pulling! Don't forget to wear long pants!!! :dl:

Hey, that brought a smile to my face. Seriously, 29" waist and 48" chest is amazing. I am shooting for a 32" waist and 48" chest by December, I am stting at about 341/2 by 461/2 right now. Gotta have goals!
Sounds VERY doable! good luck!

I enjoy reading your posts, you are always very helpful and respectful
Rodja is a class act all the way every day! :thumbsup:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was chest and back, but dynamic chest and heavy back.

Deads - 315x6, 335x3 (I need to get a new belt; old one is too big)
BB Rows - 205x12, 225x10, 275x6 (this is one of my main focuses)
Dynamic BP - 115x3x5 (done WS style w/ 20 secs rest)
Dynamic Pull-Ups - BWx3x3 (30 secs rest between sets)
Cable Crossovers - 40x16, 50x16, 60x12

It was open mat in BJJ and I rolled for most of the time. I was only resting for about 7 minutes of the 45 that I was rolling. Needless to say, my cardio felt great and I felt strong the entire time, even against the 240 lb guys. I know that this is only 7 days in, but this has been the best NH stack I have ever used. I am very excited about else is going to happen over the next 3 weeks.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice pulls Rodja! Did you pyramid up to that? 135 and 225?

Wow! That saying a lot. I'm glad you are getting a lot out of it. :head:
Since I hadn't them in a while, I did 135, 225, 275, 315, 335. My back was still a little tight from Monday so I wanted to through a thorough warm-up. I felt pretty good, but I know that I will get stronger as I continue to train them again.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Nice! After I done with this log and I take a few days off, I'm gonna try a new routine that alternates deads and squats so I don't tax the erectors too much. I do LOVE my rack pulls though ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice! After I done with this log and I take a few days off, I'm gonna try a new routine that alternates deads and squats so I don't tax the erectors too much. I do LOVE my rack pulls though ;)
Heavy squatting is a thing of the past for me. As much as I love them, they make my thighs too large and making 170 becomes quite difficult when you have a pair of 28" thighs. My leg training now is focused on hip and glute power, not size.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Since I hadn't them in a while, I did 135, 225, 275, 315, 335. My back was still a little tight from Monday so I wanted to through a thorough warm-up. I felt pretty good, but I know that I will get stronger as I continue to train them again.
I am a little surprised being a MMA fighter that you are using a belt.

I know some people love belts, straps etc, but a belt can actually weaken and cause improper form.

However, Rodja you are very knowledgeable so that is why I ask what is the belt's primary purpose?

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you don't see guys with legs like CroCop when you have to make weight! :D Plus like you said somewhere before, it makes your submissions much tougher to lock up.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a little surprised being a MMA fighter that you are using a belt.

I know some people love belts, straps etc, but a belt can actually weaken and cause improper form.

However, Rodja you are very knowledgeable so that is why I ask what is the belt's primary purpose?
I had a pretty bad back injury when I was 19, so I use a belt for precautionary purposes. I still keep good form, but when using max weights, it is much safer to train with a belt.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, you don't see guys with legs like CroCop when you have to make weight! :D Plus like you said somewhere before, it makes your submissions much tougher to lock up.
I was originally going to compete at 185, but I have bigger strength advantage at 170. Having strong legs is important, but not a priority for MMA. That was also back when my thighs were creeping up on 30". Ahhh, the good ole days.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I had a pretty bad back injury when I was 19, so I use a belt for precautionary purposes. I still keep good form, but when using max weights, it is much safer to train with a belt.
Kind of what I figured. Good luck with that.

Do you ever preform Reverse Hyperextensions? I had a bad back at one time too, thanks to a car wreck, but after employing these and lifts like Good Mornings,it has built my back, back up.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kind of what I figured. Good luck with that.

Do you ever preform Reverse Hyperextensions? I had a bad back at one time too, thanks to a car wreck, but after employing these and lifts like Good Mornings,it has built my back, back up.
I have a strong lower back as far as muscularity is concerned, but I do not have good lumbar integrity. I never got it looked at, so I don't really know the extent of the damage, but it took me over a year to get my strength back.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was Arms and Delts. I was really looking forward to this WO all day and it definitely was a good one.

Close-Grip BP - 205x8, 215x6 (PR)
Military Press - 135x6x2
Campered Curls - 95x8, 105x6
Seated Overhead Extensions - 75x8x2
Pressdowns - 140x10x2, 120x15
Unilateral Side Laterals - 35x8x2
Hammer Curls/Behind-the-back cable laterals - 40x6x3/20x10x3
Facepulls/Trunk Rotations - 70x15/50x20, 80x15/50x20
Rear Flys/Preacher Curls - 25x10/75x6, 30x10/75x6

Pump and vascularity were very nice and my strength is up on most of my lifts. So far so good and I will take my weight and some other measurements on Monday.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Getting in on this late...

Great log Rodja. I admire your determination and am looking forward to following! :thumbsup:

Workin

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sleep was awesome last night. I didn't sleep too well on Thursday and I had been dragging a little bit since then, but I feel really good right now. I did some cardio last night and my normal route was much easier and when I was done, it only took me about a minute for my breathing t return to normal.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heavy Chest and Back today. My triceps are very sore, but I wanted to stay on schedule.

BB Rows - 225x10x2, 245x8
Incline BP 165x6x2
Lat Pulldowns - 150x8x2
DB Press - 70x6x3
Cable Rows - 140x10, 150x8x2
HS Flat Press - 2 platesx6

This was by far my least productive WO while using this stack. I didn't get the greatest sleep over the weekend and my shoulder has been cranky all day, so I wasn't at full power. I went for a run after lifting and I was fine until I hit the 3 mile mark and I started to get slight chills and felt my hamstrings starting to lock up. I decided to walk the rest of the route, ~1 mile or so, instead of tempting heat exhaustion. I weighed myself about halfway through my lifting and I was at 174:wtf: . I guess it is actually a good thing, though since I am getting much, much leaner and my strength is increasing. I would much rather have this than gain mass without having a strength increase.

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I guess it is actually a good thing, though since I am getting much, much leaner and my strength is increasing.
To quote Mr. T - I pity the fool that has to roll w/ you brother! You are gonna ruin somebody's day! ;)

:bruce2: :bruce1:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To quote Mr. T - I pity the fool that has to roll w/ you brother! You are gonna ruin somebody's day! ;)

:bruce2: :bruce1:
I do what I can:thumbsup: .

On another not, I have started to notice a few things at the 11th day mark:
1. My shoulder is starting to hurt again and I am getting weird muscle twinges throughout the day.
2. My cardio has been insane, I have never used a stack that increases my endurance this dramatically.
3. Vascularity is way up; I am starting to see veins in my forearms and delts that I had never seen before.
4. My pulling strength is increasing at a very rapid clip and I am approaching my strength goals on every pulling exercise. Pushing exercises are not increasing as rapidly, but are still improving. I am more of a puller than a pusher, so this is not too surprising.
5. Sleep is hit or miss. I either sleep extremely well or I wake-up every 2 hours.
6. I don't know what the combination is of training, diet, and supplements, but I am at my smallest waist since I was 18. It seems like I am dropping between 1/16" and 1/8" on my waist everyday.
7. I am sweating like a fat kid on meth while I am training.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I do what I can:thumbsup: .

On another not, I have started to notice a few things at the 11th day mark:
1. My shoulder is starting to hurt again and I am getting weird muscle twinges throughout the day.
2. My cardio has been insane, I have never used a stack that increases my endurance this dramatically.
3. Vascularity is way up; I am starting to see veins in my forearms and delts that I had never seen before.
4. My pulling strength is increasing at a very rapid clip and I am approaching my strength goals on every pulling exercise. Pushing exercises are not increasing as rapidly, but are still improving. I am more of a puller than a pusher, so this is not too surprising.
5. Sleep is hit or miss. I either sleep extremely well or I wake-up every 2 hours.
6. I don't know what the combination is of training, diet, and supplements, but I am at my smallest waist since I was 18. It seems like I am dropping between 1/16" and 1/8" on my waist everyday.
7. I am sweating like a fat kid on meth while I am training.
Great feedback.

Workin

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to tinker with the rest of this weeks WO's, but I will not miss any training time. I would usually do legs today, but I have some business that I have to take care of, so I will move them to Friday. I may not be able to make it to BJJ tomorrow because I have a second interview at World Gym at 4. Hopefully, I can make it, but I am not positive. Basically, I am switching my off day from Friday to today and my cheat day will either be Thursday or Saturday.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was heavy back and dynamic chest. I toned down the volume a little bit today since I am weary of overtraining.

Deads - 315x5, 335x4, 365x2
Dynamic DB Press - 50x3x5
Dynamic Row-Up - BW+25x8, +35x8, +45x8
Incline Flys - 35x12x3
HS Rows (neutral grip) - 3 platesx8x2
Weighted Crunches/Trunk rotations - 90x30/50x20, 100x30/50x20

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today was Arms/Delts. I decreased the volume for my triceps since they were too sore when I tried to train chest on Monday.

Close-Grip BP - 185x6, 205x6, 215x5
DB Press - 55x8x2
Campered Curls - 90x8, 100x6
Pressdowns/Unilateral Side Laterals - 150x12/35x8, 150x12/35x8
Hammer Curls/Behind-the-back Cable Laterals - 45x6/25x10, 45x6/25x10
Facepulls - 80x15x2

I also had BJJ this morning and I did really well until I got heelhooked about an hour into training. Nothing popped, but patella tendon and my vastus medialis hurt really badly. I have a slight limp when I am walking, but I do not think that it is anything serious.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Today was Arms/Delts. I decreased the volume for my triceps since they were too sore when I tried to train chest on Monday.

Close-Grip BP - 185x6, 205x6, 215x5
DB Press - 55x8x2
Campered Curls - 90x8, 100x6
Pressdowns/Unilateral Side Laterals - 150x12/35x8, 150x12/35x8
Hammer Curls/Behind-the-back Cable Laterals - 45x6/25x10, 45x6/25x10
Facepulls - 80x15x2

I also had BJJ this morning and I did really well until I got heelhooked about an hour into training. Nothing popped, but patella tendon and my vastus medialis hurt really badly. I have a slight limp when I am walking, but I do not think that it is anything serious.
Hopefully nothing serious...looks like the workouts are coming along nicely.

Workin

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hopefully nothing serious...looks like the workouts are coming along nicely.

Workin
It has gotten more tender as the night has gone on, but I don't think it is anything major. I just cannot put a lot of weight on th leg. It is very disappointing because my lifts have been increasing very nicely and I do not want to have to take any time off.

On a side note, I was able to fit into a pair of size 29 shorts today.:cheers:

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
It has gotten more tender as the night has gone on, but I don't think it is anything major. I just cannot put a lot of weight on th leg. It is very disappointing because my lifts have been increasing very nicely and I do not want to have to take any time off.

On a side note, I was able to fit into a pair of size 29 shorts today.:cheers:
Nice!

Workin