Honey Nut Cheerios

  1. Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Honey Nut Cheerios


    Honey Nut Cheerios are make with rolled oats and when in a bind, I eat my cheerios pre and post workout because if feels like a treat.

    I was at the grocery store and the Grocery brand honey nut cheerios was strategically placed next to the NAME brand Honey nut cheerios. The Grocery brand is $1.50 cheaper per box. I compared ingredients and the nutrition facts and ingredients where EXACTLY the same.

    The Grocery store brand was not as FRESH and the taste was almost unpleasant. I will switch back to Honey Nut cheerios, the originators.

    The originators care about the product quality and always want to improve upon it. You could always go generic, but are you really getting what you payed for?

    Take care


  2. Honey Nut has added sugar though...I prefer regular ol cheerios. They are a staple in my PPWO meal, as is canadian bacon, and Yogurt.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative

  3. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Honey Nut Cheerios are make with rolled oats and when in a bind, I eat my cheerios pre and post workout because if feels like a treat.

    I was at the grocery store and the Grocery brand honey nut cheerios was strategically placed next to the NAME brand Honey nut cheerios. The Grocery brand is $1.50 cheaper per box. I compared ingredients and the nutrition facts and ingredients where EXACTLY the same.

    The Grocery store brand was not as FRESH and the taste was almost unpleasant. I will switch back to Honey Nut cheerios, the originators.

    The originators care about the product quality and always want to improve upon it. You could always go generic, but are you really getting what you payed for?

    Take care
    Sounds like this isnt about Honey Nut Cheerios



    BTW, I like your new reps: Mickfootie & Zach!
    •   
       

  4. Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by rampage jackson View Post
    Honey Nut has added sugar though...I prefer regular ol cheerios. They are a staple in my PPWO meal, as is canadian bacon, and Yogurt.
    Pre and Post workout and even in the morning 10 grams of Sugar adds a nice boost with an AP dose.
  5. Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Skircus7 View Post
    Sounds like this isnt about Honey Nut Cheerios



    BTW, I like your new reps: Mickfootie & Zach!
    :donut:

    ^^^^^IS all about my cheerios (pretend the donut is a cheerio for the sake of this thread), Seriously.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    :donut:

    ^^^^^IS all about my cheerios (pretend the donut is a cheerio for the sake of this thread), Seriously.
    HAHA

    Well, you have to admit that more can be taken from your first post if you think abstractly

    I always think about the meaning behind things more than the things themselves

    :clean:

  7. try trader joe's version of cheerio's?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    :donut:

    ^^^^^IS all about my cheerios (pretend the donut is a cheerio for the sake of this thread), Seriously.
    :donut:

    or you can think of it as a cherrio from the ON diarrhea thread...

  9. now i'm craving cheerios...my ~2yr old son loves cheerios

  10. thats a shame b/c I usally get the store brand b/c its the same product just different box...... Kinda like my summit fuel pump regulator for my street/strip truck/ it still says holly on the side..... lol cereal is the shiznit!

  11. are cheerios high gi or low gi?
  12. Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpYouUp View Post
    thats a shame b/c I usally get the store brand b/c its the same product just different box.....!
    Not in the case of the Albertsons brand, I dare you to compare:}

  13. The GI Diet - List of low GI foods

    High GI
    Cornflakes 80
    Sultana Bran 73
    Branflakes 74
    Coco Pops 77
    Puffed Wheat 80
    Oats in Honey Bake 77
    Team 82
    Total 76
    Cheerios 74
    Rice Krispies 82
    Weetabix 74

  14. so i understand y one may like it post, but i thought u wanted to avoid high GIs durring the day,

  15. if u mix it with a lower GI item, it'll lower the overall GI total

  16. Won't the fat content from the milk slow down the digestion as well?

  17. When bulking, I love to eat tons of Cheerios, Honey Nut Cheerios, Frosted Cheerios, and Multi grain Cheerios:donut: ! Being a fat ass is soo mcuh fun !
  18. Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by dlew308 View Post
    if u mix it with a lower GI item, it'll lower the overall GI total
    Pre and Post workout in a bind it's a decent choice.

    I'm pretty strict with my diet so these meals are performance based not weight loss based.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Pre and Post workout in a bind it's a decent choice.

    I'm pretty strict with my diet so these meals are performance based not weight loss based.
    How many oz of cheerios would you eat PRE/POST? Do you mix it in milk or scarf down dry? They're tasty no matter which way
  20. Guest
    Guest's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by dlew308 View Post
    How many oz of cheerios would you eat PRE/POST? Do you mix it in milk or scarf down dry? They're tasty no matter which way
    Cheerios are great because 1 cup is only 24grams of CHO. I like to mix them in my eggs:}

  21. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Cheerios are great because 1 cup is only 24grams of CHO. I like to mix them in my eggs:}
    That's something new.... cheerios benedict.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  22. Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Cheerios are great because 1 cup is only 24grams of CHO. I like to mix them in my eggs:}

    Cheerios and cereal in general can be hazardous to your health - check out this article: http://www.healthyoptions.co.nz/dec-grains.pdf

  23. Quote Originally Posted by dlew308 View Post
    try trader joe's version of cheerio's?

    i second that, I get mine at TJ and they are yummy

  24. Quote Originally Posted by gdbear65 View Post
    Cheerios and cereal in general can be hazardous to your health - check out this article: http://www.healthyoptions.co.nz/dec-grains.pdf
    I'll take some of those cheerio buns in your avy !
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Honey nut bbq chicken fingers
    By senjuriko in forum Recipes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-26-2011, 07:56 AM
  2. Honey is the natural carbohydrate source for endurance
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-21-2004, 10:55 PM
  3. Too Many Nuts
    By polarbear42psu in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2003, 09:52 PM
  4. I think I pulled a nut today
    By GangstaJDog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Log in
Log in