ON's Casein Creamy Vanilla

  1. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    ON's Casein Creamy Vanilla


    Ordered this and decided to see if i'd less digestive issues with this type over whey. That'll take a several more servings before I can make a informed decision on that but I figured I would give my initial thoughts on it.

    I blended 1 scoop into 16oz skim milk and 1/2 cup of rolled oats.

    It smells like cake mix and blends easily into the milk. This is what i've come to expect of pretty much all protein now days. It tastes a bit stronger than ON's Vanilla icecream whey. No real aftertaste and so far no stomach issues.

    For price, taste and mixability I would recommend this if anyone was looking for a name brand national product. I still think the best bet is buying from places like Anabolicinnovations and trueprotein because of the customer service and better choices but some people will only go with brands they find in GNC

  2. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,529
    Rep Power
    6539594
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Ordered this and decided to see if i'd less digestive issues with this type over whey. That'll take a several more servings before I can make a informed decision on that but I figured I would give my initial thoughts on it.

    I blended 1 scoop into 16oz skim milk and 1/2 cup of rolled oats.

    It smells like cake mix and blends easily into the milk. This is what i've come to expect of pretty much all protein now days. It tastes a bit stronger than ON's Vanilla icecream whey. No real aftertaste and so far no stomach issues.

    For price, taste and mixability I would recommend this if anyone was looking for a name brand national product. I still think the best bet is buying from places like Anabolicinnovations and trueprotein because of the customer service and better choices but some people will only go with brands they find in GNC

    I've been using On's 100% Casein for years on and off. The other brand I really like is HSN Driver. I actually like the Driver better but Nutraplanet doesn't carry it so I have been using ONs. I have also used All The Whey Casien. Its ok, just doesn't taste as good as either of the other two.
  3. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Good to know that you've used it that long. I really needed to find a protein that wouldn't give me issues. Seems over the last year to year and a half i've developed intolerances with certain foods/products.
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,529
    Rep Power
    6539594
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Good to know that you've used it that long. I really needed to find a protein that wouldn't give me issues. Seems over the last year to year and a half i've developed intolerances with certain foods/products.

    I have strugled with IBS for years. I was diagnosed about 15 years ago. The only thing that really helped me was a phase shift diet which I started about 5 years ago and still use till this day. The only times I have problems are during carb up days, but hey you can't have everything...
  5. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    True
    Just amazes me how much intestinal issues can totally put you out of commission. The effects on energy and well being alone are terrible.
  6. constant recomp
    Skircus7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    652
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    12.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I use ON %100 Casein everyday! I switch back and forth between the chocolate and vanilla flavors. I love the stuff.
  7. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,529
    Rep Power
    6539594
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    The vanilla is a little too sweet. I only switch between the two once in a while for something different. I only wish Nutraplanet would pick up HSN products though. I really like Driver. I have not had it in a while. I used to spend a lot at BN. Now I place all orders with Nutraplanet.
  8. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    It is tad on the sweet side. With the addition of the oats it took the sweetness out.
  9. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,529
    Rep Power
    6539594
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    It is tad on the sweet side. With the addition of the oats it took the sweetness out.
    Yep, on carb-ups I add some quick oats to it and peanut butter whey from AI plus some natural Peanut Butter. Very yummy.
  10. Idiot Savant
    prld2gr8ns's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,499
    Rep Power
    61216
    Level
    72
    Lv. Percent
    92.06%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Yep, on carb-ups I add some quick oats to it and peanut butter whey from AI plus some natural Peanut Butter. Very yummy.
    Dammit!!! You've gone and made me hungry.

    How are you guys using the casein, strictly prebed or just like a normal protein PWO shake?
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!


  11. Diamond Member
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,790
    Rep Power
    11682
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    For me it'll be used for nighttime and workout. I can't use whey anymore it seems.
  12. Diamond Member
    T-Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    16,529
    Rep Power
    6539594
    Level
    100
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Dammit!!! You've gone and made me hungry.

    How are you guys using the casein, strictly prebed or just like a normal protein PWO shake?
    Most of the time pre-bed, sometimes I throw an extra one or two in. Mostly I add extra on carb-ups. Otherwise I save it for before bed. Its really too expensive to use more than once a day.
  13. constant recomp
    Skircus7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    652
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    12.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Dammit!!! You've gone and made me hungry.

    How are you guys using the casein, strictly prebed or just like a normal protein PWO shake?
    Post workout I use Dymatize ISO-100. I use the Casein to mix with my cooked oats, and then before bed.
  14. Senior Member
    JJC's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    715
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    45.29%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    I've been doing WMS+Xtend post workout, then 30 minutes later I put one scoop of ON 100% whey and one scoop of ON 100% casein into my mixer and drink it on down. I really, really enjoy this flavor (vanilla) because theres more to it than the whey...plus it's a little bit thicker.

    Actually, I'm about to go get a 4 lb tub from NP...
  15. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,105
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    66
    Lv. Percent
    87.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    I always liked the chocolate but this makes me want to try the vanilla!

    T-Bone, Nutraplanet has a product request thread, have you asked them to carry it in that thread? Its quite possible....
  16. constant recomp
    Skircus7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    652
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    12.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    Any update on digestion using Casein? It is separated from milk, but I am unclear if it still carries lactose or not? Clarify?

    Thanks.
    This may not help, but I have trouble digesting WPC, and ON Casein gives me no problems at all. Sorry if that doesnt help, but %100 Casein, and %100 Isolate proteins are the only ones that I digest well.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. ON 100% Casein Vanilla Wasted!
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 12:28 AM
  2. ON 100% Casein Vanilla Flavor
    By T-Bone in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 05:12 PM
  3. ON 100% Casein Banana Cream!
    By T-Bone in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 04:03 PM
  4. Good Deal on Unflavored Casein
    By CDB in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2005, 07:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in