The Purple Wraath Log

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
The Purple (people eater) Wraath Log

Hey Guys - I'm one of the lucky testers of PURPLE WRAATH from Controlled Labs!

So i'll be starting a log to track and report my results with this new product for all to enjoy. the ingredient profile on PW looks excellent and should be the perfect addition to my current regimen.

the PW hasn't arrived yet and i'm planning on running this April 15th - May 30. i'll take some 'before' photos the day i start and post them up w/my current measurements.

to give a brief history on me, here is my app:

Sex: M

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 180

Bodytype: ecto

Training experience (as much detail as possible.. TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF ! ! WHY should we choose you ! !):
My history: naturally athletic and always in top shape. went to college i on a D1 (PAC-10) swimming scholarship. following college, i competed on the national level for freestyle mogul skiing.
i've always lifted but over the past eight years, i've been progressively much more interested in the art and science of bodybuilding. although i like to stay in shape for the sports i enjoy, i have to admit a lot of it is for my own personal vanity. i have no desire to look super huge but love to look muscular and in such good shape that it catches people’s attention.
for the past 3 yrs i've kept a detailed journal of my workouts and progress. over the past year and a half i've kept a nutrition breakdown on fitday. so, it would be no problem for me to publish these progress journals here.
i really enjoy the AM.com forums and have become addicted to them. it is so helpful to learn about others experiences and share my own personal results with others who enjoy this lifestyle.

Current Training Schedule / Protocol (as much detail as possible):
Typical training week for me is as follows:
3-4 weight workouts/week + skiing 2 days per week in the winter (skiing replaced w/running 2-3 days/week in summer)
My weight routine is split into three workouts and cycled through every 6 days (taken from my journal last wk):
Weight workout 1: Chest & tris -
flat bench 18x135, 12x205, 10x225, 6x245, 5x245
incline bench 10x185, 7-8x205, 6-7x205, 6x205
close grip bench 8x135, 8x135, 6x135
skull crushers 12x75, 10x80, 8x80
weighted dip drop sets 12xbodyweight+45plate - then immediatly follow w/just body weight to failure, 10xbodyweight+45plate then body weight to failure

Weight workout 2: Shoulders & legs
overhead dumbell presses 16x50, 16,50, 10x65, 8x70, 8x70, 7x70, 7x70
upright row 16x90, 12x100, 10x110, 8x110
dumbbell shrug 12x90, 12x90, 12x90, 12x90
dumbell lateral raise drop sets 10x25 then 15lbs to failure (3 sets total)
dumbbell front raise 10x20 then 10lbs to failure (3 sets total)
squats 14x225, 10x295, 9x295, 8x295

Weight workout 3: Back & bis
Deadlift 45x135, 18x245, 10x305, 8x345, 7x345
weighted pull ups 16xbodyweight+30lbs (wide grip), 12xbodyweight+30lbs (wide grip) 10xbodyweight+30lbs(shoulder width grip), 10xbodyweight+30lbs(narrow grip) followed by bodyweight to failure
bent over row 12x155(wide grip), 10x175 (wide grip), 8x175 (shoulder grip), 8x175 (narrow grip), 8x175 (narrow grip)
straight bar curl 10x80, 8x80, 7x80
incline seated dumbbell curl 10x35, 9x35, 8x35 followed by 25s to failure

Cardio Schedule/Protocol (as much detail as possible):
currently no cardio. do go skiing approx 2x per week. after april 15th i'll replace skiing with running 3xper week.
running routine is as follows -
cartio 1: 5 mile run moderate pace
cardio 2: 5 mile run moderate pace
cardio 3: 15 minute moderate pace run followed by 30-40 minutes of hill sprints (resting 1-2 minutes between each climb) then 15 minute light jog

Current supplements (exact brand/product name):
CreaFrom - creatine mono by PrimaForce
100% Whey Protien Gold Standard by Optimum Nutrition
Daily multivit by NOW Foods
i wouldn't call myself a supplement junkie like some here on AM. it's not that i wouldn't like to take them, it's just that can't afford them all. i'm a cheap bastard!

Current Diet and macros (as much detail as possible):
from fitday i show approx 45%carbs, 35%protien, 20%fat

Current Daily water intake:
1/2 - 1 gal, but i also drink a crapload of skim milk

Short Term Goal:
i was 170lbs heading into the winter. ran a superdrol cycle and put on 15lbs - 10 of which i still have. this puts me at a bodyweight around 180 today. currently, i'm carrying a little more bodyfat than i usually do. muscle definition and abs can be seen but but I will get much more ripped by summer.
my ultimate short term goal would be to try to reduce my bodyfat percentage with out losing any weight or strength.
in reality and from past experience i'll probably have to lose 5-10 lbs to get as ripped as i'd like for summer. when i lean down and lose weight for summer i always lose strength (like 20-40lbs off my bench, squat, and deads)
after april 15th (when ski season is over) i'll be incorporating more cardio and altering my diet to higher protein and lower carbs. and possibly include some purple wrath if i am lucky enough to be picked to keep a log. mabe the 'wrath' can help me better maintain my strenght and weight while shedding bodyfat.

Long Term Goal:
long term i would like to be around 180 with the bodyfat percentage i typically have at around 170. so pack on 10lbs of solid muscle while staying lean. i also wouldn't mind growing an inch or two on my **** (but not sure which excersises/suppplements do this). do these long-term goals sound familiar? it's what everyone wants - right?

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs:
no prescriptions but do take claritin occasionally for allergies in the spring. no drugs. i'm not a drinker but do have usually 1-2 beers or glasses of wine every few weeks to fit in at parties or functions.

Supplement history (as much detail as possible):
for the past 8yrs i've consistently used creatine mono (i respond very well and cycle off a few times/yr), multivit, and whey protien - keepin it cheap and simple.
for cutting phases i incorporate yohimbine and caffine caps.
have ran 2 cycles in the past 2 yrs. 1st cycle was promagnon-25 (last winter - see my log), then a cycle of superdrol (Dec 06). post cycle therapy was RXT & Nolva.

Other product reviews / logs you have done (with links): Promagnon-25 Log

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
also, please feel free to let me know if there is anything in particular you want to see in this log (training, diet, schedule ect). i'll be posting a lot more detail as i get started.

plus, any feedback, criticism, advise or compliments are much appreciated. i know a lot of you AM members are much more knowledgeable and experienced than i am. i've learned a lot here - thanks!

cervasa1977

cervasa1977

Controlled Labs Board Rep
Awards
nice start to the log I am in :)

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
ok, wanted to give a before. here are a few current pics from today.

today's measurements:
height 5' 9 1/2" (but always say i'm 5'10")
weight 176
chest 42
waist 33
bi 15.5
quad 24

dono my approx body fat %?? maybe 15%?

grabbingcamera.jpg

frontrelax.jpg

backrelax.jpg

will be hopefully starting the purple wraath next week.

my goal is to keep my current strength and as much muscle as possible while cutting fat.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
just got my Purple Wraath .....:woohoo: :woohoo:

plannig to start running it on sunday. trying to time it with the start of my workout cycle for the week.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
just got my Purple Wraath .....:woohoo: :woohoo:

plannig to start running it on sunday. trying to time it with the start of my workout cycle for the week.
Hell yea !!

:cheers:

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Nice log, lots of info, awesome start. NOw i can see what im missing out on :( , cheers hank.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Hell yea !!

:cheers:
hell yeah is right! can't wait!!!
it's always fun to start a new supplement and i have a good feeling about this.
i think my body could really use an EAA/BCAA supplement.

btw. the only supplements i'm currently running are:
- 100% Whey Protien Gold Standard from Optimum
- CreaForm Creatine Mono from PrimaForce
- NOW multi
- Fishoil

have been on just these supplements since January and i've plateaued in the gym and mirror over the last two to three months.

So my body seems fairly stabalized at this point so i should hopefully be able to tell if the Purple Wraath is helping.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
thought i'd post a quick shot of my pathetic basement home gym. so you could see where it all happens for me.

have a bench with up to 395lbs in plates
have a set of dumbells that go up to 80lbs each
a second set of dumbells i keep under 30lbs each
and another straght bar
also have a pull-up/dipps bar (not shown in pic)

for years i paid for a gym membership but now i actually prefer to work out at home.

it started with just a single set of dumbells and i used them all the time and was able to cut down on the length of my gym workouts. then i bought a bench and more weight.
now i find i can do almost any excersise i need with this set-up. i do wish i had a pulley system and a squat rack though. currently i only do squats maybe once or twice per month. and i do them off my bench with the seat raised (not the best).
i also do hit the gym once in awhile when my buddy gets me passes.

i found that i have no problem keeping up the motivation and dedication at home. actually it has made it easier for me by cutting out the travel time and dealing with everything that comes with a gym membership. biggest difference is i stretch my workouts out longer at home. sometimes i'll take a 5-10 break between sets causing a typical 1hr workout to run 2hrs.

i really got a good laugh when i read this thread: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/general-chat/51534-why-public-gyms.html
i can relate:)

Attachments

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Dude nice gym!!! musta cost a fortune to buy but, in my basement were the most fulfilling , no BS workouts ive ever had, just me and my insane muscle staredown contractions. Not to mention you could go shirtless and/or measure yourself and the towles are free!! Nothing pathetic about it, maybe hard bc you dont have a rack, where theres a willl theres a way.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
ok, i finally cracked the seal on my tub of Purple Wraath and mixed up just a single scoop to start with.

i almost called off my workout today. i'm building a deck in my back yard and spent the entire day outside working on it. needless to say, by 5pm i was really spent and a little sunburned. but by 7pm i motivated and started by mixing up a batch of PW for my workout.

first impression of the new Purple Wraath:
i have to say that i REALLY liked the tase.
i did try a sample packet of the last version and the new stuff is much yummier!

i don't get a lot tingles from the Beta Alanine.
but overall it really gave me a much needed boost to get a very solid workout in.

today was my back and bis. nothing outragous but was able to crank through my workout much quicker while lifting the same load i ususally do when taking more rest. which was surprising considering how tired i was just a few hours earlier.

so my first day w/PW gets a big round of applause. :clap2:

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Dude nice gym!!! musta cost a fortune to buy but, in my basement were the most fulfilling , no BS workouts ive ever had, just me and my insane muscle staredown contractions. Not to mention you could go shirtless and/or measure yourself and the towles are free!! Nothing pathetic about it, maybe hard bc you dont have a rack, where theres a willl theres a way.
thanks.
yeah, i'm able to get some solid workouts in. and found that i can do most any excersise w/this set-up. sometimes need to get a little creative if i want to change my routine up though.
i keep improving the gym a little each year. my current wish list includes a squat rack, wall mirrors, rubber flooring, and a cable system.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
took my second serving of PW prior and during my workout last night. just a single scoop again. think i'm going to bump it up to two scoops starting w/my next workout. i don't seem to have any trouble handling the beta alanine.

worked chest and tris. got a very solid workout in. wasn't able to add weight to my lifts but didn't really feel tired after my typical round of sets so i added some more sets. i was expecting to be sore this morning but so far i'm not! just have a nice tight feeling in my pecs and tris.

since i typically start my workouts around 6 or 7 pm, i really like the fact that PW isn't some feel good only caffine/NO booster. it gives me just the right amount of energy to get a great workout in and still be able to get to sleep after. + getting the aminos needed to build.

that's all for now.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
let us know if you tingle on 2 scoops, it's a funny feeling for sure :)

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
downed 2 scoops of PW w/my workout last night. did shoulders & legs.

good workout overall, nothing earthshattering. still not getting much tingling from the BA. did notice maybe a slight itchy feeling. not sure if that was it?

what i am noticing is a good muscle pump. veins are even showing up.

btw. i can't believe how good this stuff tastes! HUGE improvement over version 2. i look froward to sipping it during my workout.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
just thought i'd drop a quick update.

did back and bis two days ago and i'm still sore from the workout!
i was a good workout but wasn't above and beyond a typical back day, so not sure why i got so sore. i lifted the same weight and same reps as usual, just really slowed down each negative phase to feel my muscles burn. i'm thinking that must have been the difference.

so far it's only been 1 week with adding purple wraath into my program. can't really say it's helped me get any stronger, or leaner yet.

but i can say this:

i feel a clean energy coming from improved recovery between sets, allowing for a quicker and more intense workout pace

getting a nice muscle pump and vascularity during workouts

typically less sore the following day - except for this last workout

it is a very tasty beverage to have while working out (doesn't mix super well though - have to keep stirring it around w/every drink)

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Really? i haven't had this problem unless i haven't noticed.
The foaming goes away fast compared to like xtend.

it is a very tasty beverage to have while working out (doesn't mix super well though - have to keep stirring it around w/every drink)[/QUOTE]

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
yeah the foam dissapears quickly, but i can't seem to get the large particles to fully disolve. so i have to keep stirring it so all the good stuff doesn't just sit at the bottom. it doesn't really bother me though.
are you able to get it all disolved?
maybe i just need to shake it up longer?

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Oh the white particles? I'm sure not if those ever dissolve 100%, maybe CL can chime in.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
time for an update.

wednesday - mixed 2 scoops and did legs and abs.
thursday - mixed 1 scoop and went for a 40 minute jog
friday - mixed 2 scoops and did back & bis

so far weight is exactly the same - 176 lbs.

workouts are very good, strength has stayed the same but overall i'm working out harder. putting up an extra set on most excersises.

can't really tell much difference in the mirror yet.

i've been eating really clean this week. if i can keep this routine up for a month straight i should see some great results.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
i just finished a chest & tris workout this sunday morning. took 2 scoops and worked out as soon as i woke up.

i amlost always work out after 5pm since i'm able to lift heavier later in the day. when i work out in the morning i usually have to lift 5-10lbs lighter than normal.

today was different. i was able to lift the same as i would by the afternoon. either i was just feeling really good this morning or the pw helped out.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
had some nice veins showing from my shoulder workout yesterday.
veins showing up on muscles i wasn't even working out.

so far (and it's still early): weight has remained unchanged at 176. strength is mostly unchanged. workouts feel great.

but after yestarday's workout i looked bigger and leaner.

a few things probably contributed to this look
- purple wraath is definetly helping pump me up during and even hours after my workouts
- i picked up a slight tan over the weekend. it always makes you look better
- i had a cheat day on monday. loaded the carbs and really inflated
- i've reduced my sodium intake and believe i've dropped some bloat/water weight

i'm starting to add in more cardio while keeping my weight workouts unchanged. should hopefully start to look really good in another month. hopefully we'll be able to tell a change in my 'before and after' photos.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
during my past two workouts i've noticed a slight increase in strength!

both my back workout a few days ago and my chest workout yesterday i was able to lift more reps on every set (increase by 1-3 reps on on each set).

for example, on my dead lifts i typically put up 345 for 7 or 8 reps on my last few sets. this past workout i was reping 345 for 10.

my last few sets of flat bench for example i typicallyy lift 245 for 5 to 6 reps. yesterday i was repping 245 - 8 times

the amazing thing is i'm feeling stronger while i've reduced my calorie intake, and eating clean and low carb. this week was the cleanest i've had since last summer. i included a calorie breakdown snapshot from a typical day this past week from fitday. i think the lower carbs is taking a toll though because i was running out of fuel during my run today. even with the purple wraath. if i continue to feel a little less energy i may throw in another cheat day sometime in the next few days.

looking a little more defined but i'm still carrying a layer of fat most everywhere. the last place it starts to dissapear is my lower back. i still have a thicker layer back there. but really feeling like i'm on track for lookin good this summer!

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
had a dissapointing workout last night.
wasn't able to lift as heavy for as many reps. not sure what the reason was. sometimes you just don't feel it.

i've cut my calorie intake over the past week and added in a few cardio sessions per week. I'll be increasing to 3-4 (45 min - 1hr) cardio sessions over the next week. this morning i took a single scoop of purple wraath immediatly upon waking and went for a 50 min jog on an empty stomach. felt great with lots of energy!

so far i've experienced no change in weight. i'm not going to take that as a bad sign yet. with exception of this past weight workout, i seem stronger - so i hoping i may be replacing some fat w/muscle. can't really tell much in the mirror either.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
oh, forgot to report - i've added some new equiptment to my home gym!!!
(i'll post an updated home gym shot soon)

i purchased a power rack with a cable system, flat bench, bent bar, and another universal bar w/300lbs of additional weight. all of this for only $300! got it off craigslist. i was amazed at how much good equiptment is listed on there. i guess people buy stuff thinking they will use it and it just sits there for a few years until they decide they want to get rid of it.

now i can safely do squats, dips, pull-ups and a lot of cable moves. it eliminates a lot of makeshift methods i was using before for some of these excercises.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
my body was out of commission for much of last week.
doctor said i got a stomach virus. never had one before and never want one again. it knocked me on my ass for approximatly 5 days! couldn't really eat anything. it was a challenge just getting some water down.
needless to say, this has set me back a little.
i have bounced right back and feel great again, but i'm down 3lbs.
got back in the gym over the weekend. surprisingly i didn't seem to lose any strength. muscles actually felt good and rested from the time off.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
ok, i'm seeing results! - both on the scale and in the mirror!!! it feels so good when you make progress!

scale: down 3-4 lbs (weighing in at around 171 now) part of that is thanks to the stomach sickness i had last week. but despite being so sick and losing some weight, i've retained my strength in the gym!

mirror: i'm looking much more defined. can see abs without flexing now. veins are all over my forearms. veins are starting to show a littlle on my bicepts and front delts.

i'll take some progress pictures in a few weeks to share.

i'm about 1/2 way through with my purple wraath tub. i have to say i really like this stuff. it's perfect for my goals right now, especially on a reduced calorie diet.
i start to feel hungry and tired prior to my workout, then take 2 scoops of purple wraath and the hungar goes away and i feel energized for my workout. i think this is helping burn a little more fat during my workouts.

i haven't even been doing a lot of cardio on this cut. i've only been getting in maybe 2 - 45min runs per week. usually i run 4 times per week to see results.

i'm already thinking ahead to what i'll run after my pw tub is gone. thinking of getting another tub and continuing pw for another run. also thinking of adding in some RPM - since it's on sale and it seems to be all the rage right now. i'd like to continue to stay lean and cut through the summer. i think this will make it easy to stay that way.

i'll probably keep the log running as well. it is a good record for myself and keeps me motivated.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
one more thing to add -

my squats are up big-time!
i have to disclaimer this progress and mention that i've only been doing squats for 2.5 months so some of the progress should be expected.

6 weeks ago i was squatting - 14x225, 10x295, 9x295, 8x295 for my workout.

last night i did - 25 x 135, 18 x 225, 14 x 295, 12 x 345, 10 x 345

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Nice work hank, some good squat numbers for a rack Newb.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Nice work hank, some good squat numbers for a rack Newb.
thanks SG.
yeah, i'm liking the squats. feel like puking after the heavy sets! makes me feel like i'm getting something out of it.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
down another 2 lbs to 169 now. i'm starting to think i'm losing weight a little too fast now. i might try keeping my workouts the same and just bumping up my carbs a little.

i have been eating really clean and upped my cardio over the past ten days.

doing approximatly 3 cardio sessions per week on my off days from weights. mixing it up with some 1hr runs, hill sprints, and jump rope.

weight workouts have been good.
like i mentioned i've really added weight to my squats. it seems to have helped my deadlift as well. i've added 30lbs to my deads.

however, i am starting to notice some loss in strength in other lifts. my bench and shoulder workouts have suffered this past week. had to take it down 5-15lbs on each lift. :(
but i typically lose a lot of strength when i drop weight and this isn't bad considering i've dropped approx 8 lbs.

looking a lot leaner though. i'll post some pics in a few weeks at the 2-month mark to show the progress. planning on trying to lose another 3-4 lbs of fat and stay lean through the summer. maybe once i go into a maintenance state i can add some muscle while keeping the same bodyfat %.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
weight is down another lb to 168.
starting weight 176.

have made some good progress over the past 6 weeks with the inclusion of purple wraath into my supplement regimen. i truly believe it has helped me achieve some great results so far.

however, recenlty i've been really fatigued in the gym. my lifts have been suffering. my past three weight workouts i've been pushing a lot less weight.

so i've decided to take a week off any weights and let my body recover. starting to notice some symptoms of overtraining. joints are feeling sore too. i haven't really taken any time off lifting for 3 months straight so i believe my body needs a rest.

going to keep the diet super clean and try to continue the cut through a week of rest.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
dropped more weight - now at 167

took 5 days off from lifting and now feel great.
the slight aches and pains i was feeling in my joints are gone.
had some good workouts in the past few days.
did chest on saturday, shoulders and legs sunday, back & bis yesterday.
lifts were all back to my high point i was hitting a few weeks ago.

overall, i can say that i've dropped 10 lbs in 2 months and my strength has remained the same. i'm very happy with this since i typically experience noticable strength loss when dieting down.

i believe the extra EAAs, BCAAs, Beta Alanine, and Citrulline Malate from Purple Wraath have helped me maintain strength while dieting.

my tub of PW is starting to run low. but lucky for me, my nutraplanet order came in last week with another tub! i'm going to keep running PW for another few months through summer.
i also picked up some RPM but haven't tried it yet.

one more thing. i had to take a blood test since i'm getting a life insurance policy set up. got the results back and had a few things that were out of the normal range. my choleserol was really low. doc said it is good to have cholesterol that low though. but i've seen the thread here that talks about higher cholesterol helps build muscle so i'm going to start adding in some more saturated fats.
the other item that was out of range was my BUN. it was high. doctor said that BUN shows how your kidneys are working. she said that it is likely a result of not drinking enough water with all the protien and BCAAs i'm taking. so i've upped my water intake.
all i can say is that if you are supplementing with things like PW and protien you need to force yourself to drink more. i thought i was drinking enough but obviously i wasn't.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
dude ou have your whole life to clog your arteries, why purposely add saturated fat? that sounds comletely rediculous, i mean whats more important life.... or the ludacris possibility that this stunt will add minute amounts of mass. If dousing yourself in gasoline added .1 of a pound would you do it? Ive never heard anyone condone purposefull saturated fat intake. Fat is neccessary to diet unsaturated fat that is. Eating saturated fat will only hurt your heart and digestive track. Adding fat will help you gain weight but are you here to learn how to be the average obese person or a bodybuilder?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
SWG - yeah i hear what you are saying and my doctor said the same thing. these are her exact words - "there is no such thing as too low of cholesterol when it comes to cardiovascular health."

but my cholesterol is super low (total is 101. LDL is 61. HDL is 38.) and my doc said it would not be bad at all if i added more dairy fats and red meat to my diet. - currently i eat very little saturated fats.

plus there are new studies starting to show that low cholesterol could be bad for your health.

here are a few links:
http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/92/9/2365
http://www.ctds.info/low_cholesterol.html

if you google it there is lots of articles and info.

i figure as long as i stay in a healthy range the extra saturated fat might actually be benefitial for me and my weightlifting goals.

i can't say this is good for most people, but for me i think it is ok.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
there might be some good health effects of low cholesterol but there are tonnes of bad. Its hard to back once you elevate your cholesterol.

Last edited:
Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
yeah i agree. i don't want to elevate my cholesterol anywhere near high levels.

was thinking it just wouldn't be bad to boost it a little into the 'normal to low range' instead of the really low level i'm currently at.

thinking of making changes like - drinking 2% instead of nonfat milk. eating some whole eggs instead of only egg whites. adding in a red meat meal 1-2 times per week.
my current diet is extremly low in any saturated fats.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
Before And After Photos

SUMMARY:
Ran Purple Wraath from Controlled Labs for 8 weeks
- 2 scoops prior and during workouts (approx 3-4 workouts per week)

Other supplements used: creatine, whey, fish oil and multivit.

Diet was progressively cleaner and lower calories each week of the 8 week program.

Workouts were high intensity. 8-15 rep range. 2-3 excersices per muscle group for a total of 6-12 sets each.
Worked squats, deads and bench hardest!
added in 2-3 days of cardio per week (30-60 minutes each session)

RESULTS:
lost 9 lbs total. - starting weight 176; final weight 167
strength - unchanged! actually up on my squats and deads!! :woohoo:

OVERALL OPINION:
i have to say i am very happy with the results i achieved (even though now i feel like i need more mass).
this is the first time i've cut weight and didn't lose any strength. typically i notice a drastic drop off even after just losing only a few lbs.

it's hard to say how much of this is was a result of adding the Purple Wraath and how much was a result of my diet and routine. but i definatly feel that PW contributed.

i enjoyed the taste of the PW3 version but have started growing a little tired of it recently.

did feel a slight energy boost during my workouts from using PW. i usually took it on an empty stomach prior to workouts. it helped reduce any hurgary feelings i had. i feel it really helped on a reduced calorie diet!

not sure if it is a direct result of using PW, but my libido has been really low. i'm 34, married with a kid so libido is going to go away a little i think in this situation. but it has been even lower recently. don't want to say this is from PW though - could be just in my head.

my opinion on the before and after pics:
it appears that i did get some more definition and i think it look like i lost more than just 9 lbs. i'm feeling skinny when i'm dressed but more confident with my shirt off. now i feel like i need more mass. thus the endless cycle continues. :)
i'm going to keep cutting for a few more weeks then go into a maintenance phase - trying to keep the same bf% and add some more muscle.

did my best to give a good honest review of this product. it's hard to say anything bad when you get the product for free from the company but i truly tried to be subjective and report it like i experienced it.
i feel that it's results are subtle but an important piece of helping achieve the overall goal. i did like it enough to buy another tub.

let me know what you think.

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
wow congrats :)

My libido wasn't affected on PW, I stopped taking propecia which didn't affect that either. Maybe it's the cut diet?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
FYI. before photos taken on 4/11/07 can be seen on the 4th post of page 1 on this thread.

Here are the AFTER - taken yesterday

Attachments

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
you look like you added 5 pounds of muscle nice work.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys! yeah, i'm happy with the progress - especially in just 8 weeks.
it does look like i maybe added some muscle, but i think it is just more visible now since some of the fat covering it is now gone.

anyway, i'm down another lb to 166 as of this morning. gonig to keep the same routine i'm on right now as long as i continue to see results. had a great back workout yesterday. started doing weighted pull-ups and really like them. before i was doing wide grip sets of 15-20 pull-ups per set. now i tie on a 35lb weight and i'm lucky to get 7 or 8 out. also switched around my back workout order - doing dead lifts last after my back is tired. it is great for taxing my back but my grip seems to be fried by the last few sets of deads. i've never used wraps but i'm considering. maybe my forearms will get stronger by pushing them this way though.