Mpkonig's Continuing struggle for Fat Loss (Posiedon, X-force and More)

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok...this is the continuation of my last log. I did not attain the results i would have liked with the last stack...BUT...i did get somewhere and thats what counts. This next 4 weeks will consist of the Following Supps.

X-Force
Posiedon
Sesamax
NP Green Tea Caps
Super Cissus
AP

Their maybe some other things added in later on....im still doing reseach...i will probably add in a night time Supp but as for which one..im not too sure yet. Any suggestions of Additions to this stack or a good Nightime supp (preferably a fatloss one) would be helpful.

With this stack im trying to go a little more to the Flushing my system and Getting really healthy. All these supps have been shown to attribute to weight loss in one way or another, and ive also come to the conclusion that in order for me to lose weight consistantly...i have to be on some sort of STIM. X-force is one stim that caught my eye after trying many other stims and only having really one work (venom). Ive talked with the people of IBE and they said that X-force is not as cracked out potent like Venom is...but does its job well and i hope he is right. Also threw in some Sesamax because the last time i ran it...it worked well and also it works well with a low carb regimen. As for the Green Tea, ive heard many people using it and swear by it, the only problem im going to have is getting the right dosage for my big ass...im starting it off at 3x3 but knowing me...will have to up that. The Super Cissus i threw in because ive had trouble with my shoulders and also in the inside part of my arm near the elbow. Ive had what feels like tendon or ligament pain in there when pulling weight (pull ups, rows, lat pulldowns) and it can really hinder my workouts. Also Cissus has had some effects on Cortisol if i remember correctly, so hopefully that will help out on that end as well.

these are my 4 week pics from my prior log. Hopefully when this 4 weeks is up...there will be a significant difference. My stats are pretty much the same as week 3 of my last log...so i will post them shortly just for reference in this log.

Attachments

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to it! You'll love poseiden and the niacin flush. That coupled with your green tea caps should clean ya out a bit. Workin2005 has a post in the Nimbus forum about how Poseiden will help with fat loss. Check it out... really interesting stuff.

Anyway, good luck!
HL
Here is the thread HairyLarry is referring to:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nimbus-nutrition/59957-poseidon-fat-loss.html

While taking Stimulants, your CNS will be working over time. Poseidon will help GREATLY with this and reduce many of the common, undesirable sides associated with most Stim's.

It looks like a great stack overall. As for night time supps, you may want to try some Gaba. For me, I know it works very well, particularly when dieting.

Keep us updated on your progress! I'll be following this one :thumbsup:

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ok....here are my starting stats:

Weight 282

Left Bicep: 18 1/2
Right Bicep: 19
Left Forearm: 15
Right Forearm: 16
Chest (armpit to armpit): 18 1/2
Back (circ): 52 3/4
Waist: 47
Left Thigh: 30
Right Thigh: 29
Left Calf: 19
Right Calf: 19

Dosing protocol will be as follows:

Pre-fasted Cardio:
2 X-Force, 3 Green Tea, 1 scoop posiedon

Breakfast
1 super Cissus (10 minutes before)
2 Sesamax (during)

Snack

Lunch (12ish)

1 Super Cissus (10 minutes before)
2 Sesamax (during)
1 AP

Pre-workout (1ish)
1 X-force
3 Green Tea
1 Scoop Posiedon

Snack

Dinner

1 Super Cissus (10 minutes before)
2 Sesamax (during

snack

Bedtime

1 scoop posiedon

Will probably add something in during the day and something for nighttime use. any suggestions are greatly welcomed.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 1

as i said before this is technically a continuation of my previous log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/58527-mpkonigs-anabolic-damage.html

but with a different approach to weight loss.

ill edit this post later to include my workout thoughts but i want to post now to give my first impression of taking these supps.

i took 1 teaspoon of posiedon this morning..and within 10 minutes....it felt like my face was melting off...my girlfriend started getting scared cause my face and my arms and neck...almost everything starting getting a red Hue to it....felt completely fine..just hot as hell.. so i know for a fact that it worked today..lol....im very clear headed and im sure taking x-force with it helped on that level. I only took 1 x-force in the morning today just to make sure it wasnt super potent...and it wasnt..so i will be dosing 2 in the mornings from now on... the green tea...well...i really dont know if that will have a effect that i can feel..seeing as i never really took it before. Im taking the advice of dosing 3x3 with it....if anyone is my size and has maybe a different dosing protocol..please let me know. i still have a warm feeling in my face, whether its still from the posiedon or from the x-force or green tea..or a combination of 2 or all of them.

Im still searching for a supp during the day with a thermo effect that will stack well with the rest of these...and also a thermo for nighttime use. i dont care if i sweat in my sleep..just want to lose the weight.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Day 1

as i said before this is technically a continuation of my previous log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/58527-mpkonigs-anabolic-damage.html

but with a different approach to weight loss.

ill edit this post later to include my workout thoughts but i want to post now to give my first impression of taking these supps.

i took 1 teaspoon of posiedon this morning..and within 10 minutes....it felt like my face was melting off...my girlfriend started getting scared cause my face and my arms and neck...almost everything starting getting a red Hue to it....felt completely fine..just hot as hell.. so i know for a fact that it worked today..lol....im very clear headed and im sure taking x-force with it helped on that level. I only took 1 x-force in the morning today just to make sure it wasnt super potent...and it wasnt..so i will be dosing 2 in the mornings from now on... the green tea...well...i really dont know if that will have a effect that i can feel..seeing as i never really took it before. Im taking the advice of dosing 3x3 with it....if anyone is my size and has maybe a different dosing protocol..please let me know. i still have a warm feeling in my face, whether its still from the posiedon or from the x-force or green tea..or a combination of 2 or all of them.

Im still searching for a supp during the day with a thermo effect that will stack well with the rest of these...and also a thermo for nighttime use. i dont care if i sweat in my sleep..just want to lose the weight.
Be sure your taking a LEVEL teaspoon of Poseidon...not a rounded one. (I responded to your a PM on this but wanted to reiterate it)
Sounds like a very intense Niacin Flush. You may want to try mixing Poseidon in more water (at least 10 oz per serving) to reduce the flush...if you want to. I personally like it ;-)
Here is a link to more info about what is actually happening during a Niacin Flush if your interested:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nimbus-nutrition/60204-niacin-flush-detoxification.html

Keep us updated :)

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Be sure your taking a LEVEL teaspoon of Poseidon...not a rounded one. (I responded to your a PM on this but wanted to reiterate it)
Sounds like a very intense Niacin Flush. You may want to try mixing Poseidon in more water (at least 10 oz per serving) to reduce the flush...if you want to. I personally like it ;-)
Here is a link to more info about what is actually happening during a Niacin Flush if your interested:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nimbus-nutrition/60204-niacin-flush-detoxification.html

Keep us updated :)

Workin

i like the flush also...ill make sure i take a level teaspoon from now on until i unbury the scooper...hehe....when i get the flush it makes me feel like my body is getting rid of bad waste products...ive been meaning to do a Detox for some time now...and this has been the closest thing ive gotten to it....posiedon and green tea...how sad :)

Thanks again for the info...the more info i can get the happier i am...i thrive on learning new stuff. always researching..thats me alright hehe

Oh..i took posiedon with im guessin 8 or so ounces of water....it has a pinkish hue...and its not exactly tastless, but has a little bit of a taste to it...i couldnt exactly pinpoint what it was like...maybe a very very very light bitter/acid taste....it was barely noticeable but enough to were i almost had a hard time downing the glass.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
i like the flush also...ill make sure i take a level teaspoon from now on until i unbury the scooper...hehe....when i get the flush it makes me feel like my body is getting rid of bad waste products...ive been meaning to do a Detox for some time now...and this has been the closest thing ive gotten to it....posiedon and green tea...how sad :)

Thanks again for the info...the more info i can get the happier i am...i thrive on learning new stuff. always researching..thats me alright hehe

Oh..i took posiedon with im guessin 8 or so ounces of water....it has a pinkish hue...and its not exactly tastless, but has a little bit of a taste to it...i couldnt exactly pinpoint what it was like...maybe a very very very light bitter/acid taste....it was barely noticeable but enough to were i almost had a hard time downing the glass.
Try letting it completely dissolve before drinking it. If you drink it to soon, it will have a mild taste, if you let it dissolve completely (say for 2-3 minutes) and then drink it, you'll find the taste much, MUCH less noticeable if at all.

The Pinkish hue your referring to is the Methyl B-12 in Poseidon Complex :thumbsup:

My pleasure on the info...please let me know if you have any further questions.

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Try letting it completely dissolve before drinking it. If you drink it to soon, it will have a mild taste, if you let it dissolve completely (say for 2-3 minutes) and then drink it, you'll find the taste much, MUCH less noticeable if at all.

The Pinkish hue your referring to is the Methyl B-12 in Poseidon Complex :thumbsup:

My pleasure on the info...please let me know if you have any further questions.

Workin
yeah...i remember reading another thread and you said to let it sit for a few minutes...so thats what i did.....it really wasnt that bad...but you know how some flavors just make you slow down when you drink them? well thats what it is with posiedon .....im sure ill get used to it...if i can take 14 pills at one time....im sure i can get used to posiedon..hehe

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The longer it sits, the less taste it really has. Prepare some in advance throw it in the fridge and you have something that taste like nothing. Either way, after a little while you'll find that it's really akward drinking your water without that pink hue to. It's almost addicting in a way LOL.

MP the green tea caps at 3x3 IMO is a little to much to really start out with. I know with the extraction and the concentration of EGCG and other actives in the NP version are suitable for 1x3 for most people. May want to back the dose down a little. Maybe instead of 9 total caps a day, start at something like 4 or 6 for your size(just throwing my thoughts out there).

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're still in the market for a good night-time fatloss product, I give a hearty recommendation to try out Camphibolic by USP Labs. I find that I get better quality sleep while using it, and it works nicely to control my appetite during the evenings, where without it I tend to wake up during the middle of the night very hungry and unable to sleep because of it.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's certainly more to camphibolic than just green tea. He could very easily drop down his dosage of green tea during the day if he did decide to use this supplement.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
yeah...ive used it the last 4 weeks.....i was going to try something different

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Alright.....Day 1 was pretty much shot...i did fasted cardio...but not much else due to extreme running around i had to do..

today i did a combo of arms and back....trying to get back on schedule....but did not have time to do my 20 min HIIT cardio afterwards.

Thoughts: Ive been feeling really good....very focused and my workout today definitely more energetic than usual....i felt strong and focused. just a really good overall feeling of wellness....as for the Niacin flush...i havent gotten it since yesterday morning on my first dose of posiedon....i finally dug the scooper out of the container and have been using that since lunch yesterday...so whether that is a good thing or bad thing, im not sure yet...but i dont really feel a flush anymore....and especially not like the one i had the first time taking it.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Day 2

Alright.....Day 1 was pretty much shot...i did fasted cardio...but not much else due to extreme running around i had to do..

today i did a combo of arms and back....trying to get back on schedule....but did not have time to do my 20 min HIIT cardio afterwards.

Thoughts: Ive been feeling really good....very focused and my workout today definitely more energetic than usual....i felt strong and focused. just a really good overall feeling of wellness....as for the Niacin flush...i havent gotten it since yesterday morning on my first dose of posiedon....i finally dug the scooper out of the container and have been using that since lunch yesterday...so whether that is a good thing or bad thing, im not sure yet...but i dont really feel a flush anymore....and especially not like the one i had the first time taking it.
You most likely took more than one dose the first time you had such a flush due to not having the scoop. The first one is usually the most intense. The body is continually building up toxins and riding itself of them...I don't get the niacin flush much anymore...but every now and then it will hit me. When it does, I can usually trace back a day or two and realize I wasn't drinking enough water, or my diet was poor, or I wasn't exercising as intensely and therefore not sweating out toxins like I normally would...there are a million possibilities. The bottom line is, if your building up toxins, you'll most likely get a flush.

Glad to hear about your positive results with Poseidon...and only on day 2! Your results should only improve the longer you take it. I look forward to seeing how you feel in a few weeks.

Take note of basic things like how much easier it seems to perform just day to day tasks. Many people over look this HUGE benefit Poseidon offers.

Keep me posted :)

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just some questions, Mpk... your fasted cardio, is it being done in the AM (I'm assuming that it is)? And if so, have you tried doing HIIT during that time period? Besides dropping cortisol levels in your body, it is really suppose to work best in the mornings.

Just some thoughts! Keep on rolling, bro. Good luck.

HL
i do fasted cardio in the morning about 30min after i take my first set of supps. i do 45 minutes (soon to be 60 minutes) of cardio at about 60%. I do 20 minutes of HIIT cardio after my lifting to try and completely (or almost completely) deplete my muscles.

i have researched this subject ...HIIT vs. Slow cardio fasted in the mornings and have found threads that give good points on both of them...i just decided to pick slow cardio instead, but i might just try HIIT in the morning for like a week and see if there is a difference.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
i do fasted cardio in the morning about 30min after i take my first set of supps. i do 45 minutes (soon to be 60 minutes) of cardio at about 60%. I do 20 minutes of HIIT cardio after my lifting to try and completely (or almost completely) deplete my muscles.

i have researched this subject ...HIIT vs. Slow cardio fasted in the mornings and have found threads that give good points on both of them...i just decided to pick slow cardio instead, but i might just try HIIT in the morning for like a week and see if there is a difference.
IMHO, if performed properly nothing beats HITT for fat loss.

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You most likely took more than one dose the first time you had such a flush due to not having the scoop. The first one is usually the most intense. The body is continually building up toxins and riding itself of them...I don't get the niacin flush much anymore...but every now and then it will hit me. When it does, I can usually trace back a day or two and realize I wasn't drinking enough water, or my diet was poor, or I wasn't exercising as intensely and therefore not sweating out toxins like I normally would...there are a million possibilities. The bottom line is, if your building up toxins, you'll most likely get a flush.

Glad to hear about your positive results with Poseidon...and only on day 2! Your results should only improve the longer you take it. I look forward to seeing how you feel in a few weeks.

Take note of basic things like how much easier it seems to perform just day to day tasks. Many people over look this HUGE benefit Poseidon offers.

Keep me posted :)

Workin
yeah...actually..i was quite impressed myself today with my workout...i got alot done in a very little time....and it probably helps that i have X-Force (which is known for its focus effects) that i take pre-workout with posiedon.

For the most part...if it only gets better from here with posiedon....im definetely keeping it as a staple....and wont go a day without it.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IMHO, if performed properly nothing beats HITT for fat loss.

Workin
what do you mean by this statement?? Not being a D*ck or anything..just would like you to explain. :)

the "if performed properly" part

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sorry for posting so much and clouding up your log... I just like to comment a lot :-D

Cut and paste from BB.com:

During 10-15 second bursts, there is a very small amount of lactic acid produced and rest periods of 30 seconds to a minute will provide complete recovery of the Adenosine Triphosphate-Creatine Phosphate (ATP-CP) system. During efforts of more than 10-15 seconds, a large amount of lactic acid is produced and such efforts are extremely taxing on both the athlete's muscles and their Central Nervous System (CNS).
HIIT during a Cutting Phase:

* 500 Calories under maintenance daily
* High Protein (40% of total calories)
* Low Carbs (20% of total calories)
* High Fat (40% of total calories)

It has been proven in studies that during a low carbohydrate and high fat diet, the oxidation of fat is increased during exercise, especially cardio such as HIIT (more fat is burned). Additionally, fat is a much more highly concentrated source of energy than carbohydrates.

"A review by Hultman (1995) found that during a diet where carbs are restricted and a lot of fat is consumed, up to 70% of the energy requirement (even during high intensity activities) comes from the oxidation of fat (where during a high carbs diet, such activities would derive 80-90% of the energy from glycogen)." (Thibaudeau)

Sample: 2000 Calories Daily
no problem about the posting..i like learning about shi* and like asking questions myself...so i enjoy all this stuff.

As for the HIIT....so what its saying is that instead of me doing 1 minute high, 2 minutes low..i should do it more in the tune of 15 seconds high...30 seconds low???

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If I recall, you are on CKD... this would benefit you greatly, especially in the AM. Running in general (either or) will boost metabolism in the morning. HIIT will bring it to the next level, IMHO.

Again, I'm just some guy with an opinion. :)

HL

EDIT:

I think variation of HIIT should be used to see what your body responds to best and then vary from time-to-time which forms work best to keep your body guessing.
hmm........definetely going to see if the shorter time spans help ...... maybe workin can weigh in on this also. as for length of HIIT....is it still supposed to be a lower time like 20 minutes instead of doing 45 minutes of slow?? or do i or can i move it up to like 30 minutes of HIIT?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
hmm........definetely going to see if the shorter time spans help ...... maybe workin can weigh in on this also. as for length of HIIT....is it still supposed to be a lower time like 20 minutes instead of doing 45 minutes of slow?? or do i or can i move it up to like 30 minutes of HIIT?
You can do 30 min's of HITT, but, to be honest...if it's done properly, 20 min's is all your going to be able to do without falling over :)

Remember, when you hit your high points, you should be moving as though you were being pursued by Hillary Clinton...in other words, RUNNING/BIKING/CLIMBING (whatever the activity may be) ALL OUT with nothing held back. When I do HITT, during my high points, people around me think something is seriously wrong because it looks like I'm running for my life...litterally ;) lol!

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You can do 30 min's of HITT, but, to be honest...if it's done properly, 20 min's is all your going to be able to do without falling over :)

Remember, when you hit your high points, you should be moving as though you were being pursued by Hillary Clinton...in other words, RUNNING/BIKING/CLIMBING (whatever the activity may be) ALL OUT with nothing held back. When I do HITT, during my high points, people around me think something is seriously wrong because it looks like I'm running for my life...litterally ;) lol!

Workin
what kind of increments should i be doing....should i do the lower increments like seconds...or should i do higher ....i just did some HIIT today for my cardio this morning and i tried 15 seconds high..30 seconds low...and it didnt seem like it was doing much cardio wise...so i jumped it to 30 seconds high..30 seconds low and it seemed to work much better....any thoughts would be helpful.

EDIT: Im also doing my cardio on an eliptical...so going really fast is kinda hard without sacrificing form, but i do increase the resistance on my eliptical when i do HIIT just for the extra work it takes.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
what kind of increments should i be doing....should i do the lower increments like seconds...or should i do higher ....i just did some HIIT today for my cardio this morning and i tried 15 seconds high..30 seconds low...and it didnt seem like it was doing much cardio wise...so i jumped it to 30 seconds high..30 seconds low and it seemed to work much better....any thoughts would be helpful.

EDIT: Im also doing my cardio on an eliptical...so going really fast is kinda hard without sacrificing form, but i do increase the resistance on my eliptical when i do HIIT just for the extra work it takes.
A 40/30 split (30 being the rest period) would be good on a treadmill. HITT is tough to do in a gym. You really need to get into an open area outside or in an indoor track if possible. The intensity is MUCH greater IMHO.

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A 40/30 split (30 being the rest period) would be good on a treadmill. HITT is tough to do in a gym. You really need to get into an open area outside or in an indoor track if possible. The intensity is MUCH greater IMHO.

Workin
ok..i will try the 40/30 split....i may be a large guy...but ive always had a good endurance factor for cardio (plus i smoked for several years in my youth..much smarter now) ill try and get out of the house and do my HIIT training then....for now i will just use my nordic track eliptical in my garage until i can map a good place to run....thank you for the advice

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alright....im still doing research on the stack i want to run for my final 4 weeks of my 12 week cycle.(may be longer)

im finding it kinda hard to get an accurate account of what works for bigger endomorph guys who may have problems with supps working on them. Unfortunately all the exciting ones are not out yet (Avant Rebirth, New Heat stack, etc.) so as i research and get info on certain supps im looking at...im compiling a few stacks that are possibilities

These are:

Tri-lean stack with Thyrotabs, Liquid Sesamin, Posiedon, maybe throw in some lipoderm ultra :), AP

Thyrotabs/3rd degree burn stack with sesamin, posiedon+, AP

H.E.A.T. stack (if i can find it), AP

these are just a few of the Base stacks im looking into ....the website has been geared alot lately towards bulking and lean bulking and im finding it hard to find threads (recent ones) that have fat loss stacks/products in them for me to research.

I need something potent....hence the tri-lean system, it whooped my ass for the 28 days i used it in may of last year...but im always looking for something better hence the addition of thyrotabs instead of thyrogen-x. Ive seen alot of awsome feedback on thyrotabs and i am really excited about them.

So pretty much i looking for something as potent...if not more potent than the tri-lean system...which ive got a feeling is gonna be hard to achieve :) If i cant really put together anything better than the first stack i listed...i guess i will do the tri-lean again, was a little concerned on some of the minor sides it had, but everything subsided during the cycle or after the discontinuation of it.

i have my diet dialed in (ckd) and my workout regimen, so all i need now is something potent to get my ass kicked into overdrive. Realizing slowly that im a non-responder to a point (having to double or triple dose things in order to feel anything or see results) ive been on a quest to find supps that i dont need to double or triple dose.

my first 4 weeks i saw a 10lb loss and about 1 inch off my waist which is not too shabby...hopefully this 2nd 4 weeks will be just as successful if not more.

hopefully the last 4 weeks (if going with the tri-lean system) will be as successful as my last cycle with the tri-lean (something like 24lbs in 28 days and 2 inches off waist) granted most of that weight came off in the first week and was mostly water....but still at the end of the cycle...the last 2 weeks i was losing 2 to 4 lbs a week..which is awsome.

well..thats my thoughts....i feel that if i type things out i can better judge what i am saying and make decisions more efficently.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
ok..i will try the 40/30 split....i may be a large guy...but ive always had a good endurance factor for cardio (plus i smoked for several years in my youth..much smarter now) ill try and get out of the house and do my HIIT training then....for now i will just use my nordic track eliptical in my garage until i can map a good place to run....thank you for the advice
My pleasure. Keep me updated on your progress :)

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 3

20 minutes fasted HIIT cardio

Today was chest and shoulders......again..another great workout....i really havent felt like this working out in a long time. also...noticed today some pretty insane pumps...dont know if the posiedon or super cissus attributes to muscle pumps...but its more than what i got from just using AP....so...AP and something else in my stack gives great pumps...i cant imagine what would have happened if i wasnt on CKD...my muscles would probably explode :) lol...

Thoughts: Still feeling good..usually when i do 2 muscle groups a day..i feel beat up through the second half of the workout....its just not the case anymore..and i love it.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Day 3

20 minutes fasted HIIT cardio

Today was chest and shoulders......again..another great workout....i really havent felt like this working out in a long time. also...noticed today some pretty insane pumps...dont know if the posiedon or super cissus attributes to muscle pumps...but its more than what i got from just using AP....so...AP and something else in my stack gives great pumps...i cant imagine what would have happened if i wasnt on CKD...my muscles would probably explode :) lol...

Thoughts: Still feeling good..usually when i do 2 muscle groups a day..i feel beat up through the second half of the workout....its just not the case anymore..and i love it.
Great to hear! I get great pumps on Poseidon as well. Try mixing Poseidon with your favorite NO booster and your favorite type of creatine. (I just use AAKG and Creatine Mono) The pumps are really entertaining ;) :bb2:

Workin

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you sure fasted HIIT is the way to be going cardio wise? That would seem to me to be a good way to burn up muscle mass, which is enemy number 1 when looking to lose bodyfat. I think you'd be much better served with a small meal of some sort before you do your HIIT, at the very least have a protein shake beforehand to get some aminos circulating in your system.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Are you sure fasted HIIT is the way to be going cardio wise? That would seem to me to be a good way to burn up muscle mass, which is enemy number 1 when looking to lose bodyfat. I think you'd be much better served with a small meal of some sort before you do your HIIT, at the very least have a protein shake beforehand to get some aminos circulating in your system.
well....ive been doing fasted cardio for a while now....and i havent really lost any muscle....even when i was on the tri-lean system and doing fasted cardio...i didnt loose hardly any LBM....so i dont know if im the exception or what....

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
IF your diet is dead on...and I mean perfect...fasted HITT training is VERY effective at burning body fat while maintaining muscle mass. Most people won't have the discipline required to diet properly for this type of training and may very well end up burning muscle. I would still stick to HITT cardio in a fasted state one day per week however...even if your diet isn't spot on.

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i guess so hairy.....whats your take on fasted HIIT cardio???

im just speaking from my personal experiences...ive done fasted cardio almost on every cycle ive ever done....ive done it on the tri-lean with just taking 2 venoms 30 minutes before hand (which i guess your not supposed to take them on an empty stomach but i had no ill effects from this) and didnt lose really anything on my body...i leaned up really well...so i do not know if its a case by case thing about burning LBM when doing any kind of fasted cardio.

BTW, Working, is that you in your avatar???

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
i guess so hairy.....whats your take on fasted HIIT cardio???

im just speaking from my personal experiences...ive done fasted cardio almost on every cycle ive ever done....ive done it on the tri-lean with just taking 2 venoms 30 minutes before hand (which i guess your not supposed to take them on an empty stomach but i had no ill effects from this) and didnt lose really anything on my body...i leaned up really well...so i do not know if its a case by case thing about burning LBM when doing any kind of fasted cardio.

BTW, Working, is that you in your avatar???
Yep, that is me in my avatar mpkonig :)

Everyone is different and will respond differently to certain types of training. I knew a guy that trained 2 hours per day with weights, 6 days per week, hitting each muscle group 2-3 times per week, and was completely NATURAL! One would think he would be over training... just a little, lol... but he looked amazing! Huge, shredded and well proportioned. Now if I trained like that, I would get no where. My point...While we all operate by similar principals and rules of thumb...we are all different and can expect different results with different methods.

You being an endo mpkonig, I'm sure you respond very well to fasted cardio, especially when your diet is in check, as you said it was. If you were an ecto, you may not. If your lucky enough to be a perfect Meso...well...who cares, we all hate them anyway :icon_lol: ...Trial and error guys ;-) HL said it best, different strokes for different folks!

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I have a love/hate relationship with HIIT. I've my fair share of morning practices back in my wrestling and football days that realllllllllly shreded me. We did something called "hollow sprints" where you would jog the curves and sprint the straight aways on a two hundred meter track. That would go on for 25-30 minutes. Shortly after, we would have relays with sprints over the entire 200 meters so we could compete against each other. Now-a-days, I rotate stairs sprinting on the boardwalk/jogging with extended slow cardio. I feel the former aspect gives more results than the latter.

At any rate, HIIT several days a week is wonderful for fat loss. BCAAs before and after working out is a necessity for muscle prevservation (I have a protein drink after, too). Keep going with weight training and eating properly (perhaps a bit more protein from whole foods on HIIT days).

Tri lean is the ****, and I also took two HD a day. Make sure you eat ENOUGH with the hunger curving properties of the system. Keep tons of fiber going, low GI carbs for low insulin spike, and use fitday to calculate cals. You'll see results in no time :cool:

HL
Great info as always ;)

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yep, that is me in my avatar mpkonig :)

Everyone is different and will respond differently to certain types of training. I knew a guy that trained 2 hours per day with weights, 6 days per week, hitting each muscle group 2-3 times per week, and was completely NATURAL! One would think he would be over training... just a little, lol... but he looked amazing! Huge, shredded and well proportioned. Now if I trained like that, I would get no where. My point...While we all operate by similar principals and rules of thumb...we are all different and can expect different results with different methods.

You being an endo mpkonig, I'm sure you respond very well to fasted cardio, especially when your diet is in check, as you said it was. If you were an ecto, you may not. If your lucky enough to be a perfect Meso...well...who cares, we all hate them anyway :icon_lol: ...Trial and error guys ;-) HL said it best, different strokes for different folks!

Workin
Damn your sexy...errr..ummm.. .i mean...damn...you look badass....ahh.....to know that i probably will NEVER get to be anywhere close to that....kinda sucks but ive faced that reality a long time ago..hehe..unless i get some gear and start doing it full throttle.

Yeah...im hoping the change in Cardio in the morning will help shock my body into some more weight loss...ive been doing the slow cardio for too long and it time to switch it up anyways....

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Damn your sexy...errr..ummm.. .i mean...damn...you look badass....ahh.....to know that i probably will NEVER get to be anywhere close to that....kinda sucks but ive faced that reality a long time ago..hehe..unless i get some gear and start doing it full throttle.

Yeah...im hoping the change in Cardio in the morning will help shock my body into some more weight loss...ive been doing the slow cardio for too long and it time to switch it up anyways....
Thanks bro...in a very heterosexual way...LOL!

No need for steroids, just hard work and dedication. Sounds like your gifted with both and I look forward to your progress :thumbsup:

Workin

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro...in a very heterosexual way...LOL!

No need for steroids, just hard work and dedication. Sounds like your gifted with both and I look forward to your progress :thumbsup:

Workin
LOL.....thanks...:lol:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahhh, theres a lot of love in here.LOL

Mpkonig, you have an excellent base going for the start of a cut. What you have in mind, you CAN achieve my friend. Keep up the hard work.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ahhh, theres a lot of love in here.LOL

Mpkonig, you have an excellent base going for the start of a cut. What you have in mind, you CAN achieve my friend. Keep up the hard work.
thanks man...i appreciate the support.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Day 4

WOW.....today i did my HIIT cardio at a 40/30 split like workin suggested and .......well....it was Freakin crazy....lol....i was going to try and do 30 min...but only managed 20.....it was crazy...hehe also did a 3 minute cool down (which is normally not that long) but i needed it. i think im gonna like this new Cardio regimen. I must be freakin nuts...i love the workouts that put a wooping on my ass....i hate it when im doing it, but on the other hand..it makes me push harder because i hate it....go figure.....lol

Today will be Trunk and Legs. I hate it...but...its life.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you feel that you are able to perform HIIT and a leg workout in the same day without negatively affecting the leg workout? I know for me personally, that if I were to perfrom HIIT in the morning I would have very little left in the tank for a leg workout later that day. For all intents and purposes, intense HIIT can be very much like a workout in itself.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you feel that you are able to perform HIIT and a leg workout in the same day without negatively affecting the leg workout? I know for me personally, that if I were to perfrom HIIT in the morning I would have very little left in the tank for a leg workout later that day. For all intents and purposes, intense HIIT can be very much like a workout in itself.
yeah....the most im gonna do is maybe a 3 sets of low weight squats.....thats all..

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Alright...so far for the stacks i have to choose from...this is what i have come up with:

Stack 1

Venom Tri-lean
Thyrotabs
Sesathin Liquid
Lipoderm Ultra
AP

Stack 2

Scorch Remix
Vaporize (maybe)
Thyrotabs (didnt see a problem)
AP
Sesathin Liquid
Lipoderm Ultra
Yohimbine HCL

Other Staple supps: Posiedon, Super Cissus, omega-3, Opti-men Multi will be run with both stacks also

Now....with the second stack...im not sure if having Vaporize and then Sesathin and fish oils all in it is a little over kill... was kinda debating on either taking Vaporize out or maybe tweaking the dosages and keep everything in.

Also...I dont see any problem with running Thyrotabs with stack 2 either. any opinions are welcomed.

Still working on a 3rd stack...but the field of supps that seem reputable is slowly dwindling....its consisting of Stim-X at the moment..and just have to work from there...

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LD Ultra already has some Yohimbine in it. Might look at dropping the HCL in stack 2, don't really think the addition of extra Yohimbine would be of any benefit or not. As for which one to go with, well they both have pretty much the same thing, minus tri-lean w/ the vap & scorch. I'd say either or is good, and just go with the one that won't make your wallet cry as much.:D

By the way, when you get to 30min of HIIT cardio you'll officially be my hero.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LD Ultra already has some Yohimbine in it. Might look at dropping the HCL in stack 2, don't really think the addition of extra Yohimbine would be of any benefit or not. As for which one to go with, well they both have pretty much the same thing, minus tri-lean w/ the vap & scorch. I'd say either or is good, and just go with the one that won't make your wallet cry as much.:D

By the way, when you get to 30min of HIIT cardio you'll officially be my hero.
ok....thanks for the info....do you think taking sesathin and omega-3's with vaporize is ok?? or is it a little overkill on the EFA's???

I know how potent the tri-lean system is....but i was looking for something better if possible.....and if you say that they both pretty similar, then i guess i will go with the one that is not so heafty on the price.

I have 2 supps in the 3rd stack choice already, Sim-x and H.E.A.T. stack. i read a few threads saying that the stim x is for the energy and the heat is for the thermo and stacked they are awsome....probably gonna add the same stuff to this that i have in the other 2 stacks.

Oh...btw.....yeah...ill be suprised if i get 30 minutes of that type of HIIT cardio myself, with the 40/30 split.....whew :)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Day 4

WOW.....today i did my HIIT cardio at a 40/30 split like workin suggested and .......well....it was Freakin crazy....lol....i was going to try and do 30 min...but only managed 20.....it was crazy...hehe also did a 3 minute cool down (which is normally not that long) but i needed it. i think im gonna like this new Cardio regimen. I must be freakin nuts...i love the workouts that put a wooping on my ass....i hate it when im doing it, but on the other hand..it makes me push harder because i hate it....go figure.....lol

Today will be Trunk and Legs. I hate it...but...its life.
Great to hear! I get a good buzz off HITT myself...nothings better at releasing endorphins than a strong HITT workout.

As for your question on EFA's...what kind of dosage were you looking at? You want to get about 2-3 grams of EPA/DHA per day from fish oil. The added Sesamin should work very synergisticly with the fish oil. The only down side is your muscles may begin to feel a little flat while on this stack. Once you cycle off the Sesamin however, they should fill out nicely. (this was my experience anyway) The upside is the added fat loss...obviously.

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep, EFA's are actually recommended to take with Sesamin, as workin said they have a lot of synergistic benefits. Vaporize has both in it already so just shoot for the recommended numbers of sesamin ligans and efa's and you should be good to go. i.e. 2caps of sesamin and 3-4caps of efa's along side the normal dose of vaporize at 3caps/day.

By the way, stim-x and another stim in one stack is something to be careful about, energy is good but you can have to much of a good thing. Just make sure you don't over do it.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yep, EFA's are actually recommended to take with Sesamin, as workin said they have a lot of synergistic benefits. Vaporize has both in it already so just shoot for the recommended numbers of sesamin ligans and efa's and you should be good to go. i.e. 2caps of sesamin and 3-4caps of efa's along side the normal dose of vaporize at 3caps/day.

By the way, stim-x and another stim in one stack is something to be careful about, energy is good but you can have to much of a good thing. Just make sure you don't over do it.
ok...so pretty much just take everything normally....take vaporize at recommended....and take sesathin and omega-3 at recommended and everthing should be alright? good deal

as for the heat and stim-x......ive seen like 1 or 2 threads of people doing this....and they havent really had any real negatives....and for me being obviously resistant to most kinds of stims i guess.....i wouldnt think it would be a problem.

prld2gr8ns or workin: any thoughts on which stack may be the most potent out of the 2...i know prld2gr8n said whatever one is less expensive...which is a valid point hehe.....just want to see which one has more of an advantage.

I also just was contacted from Gaspari about another Product they are coming out with called Cytolean. Its supposed to come out in a few weeks and is supposed to be even stronger than their current supp "3rd degree burn" that has got me excited since it seems Gaspari has very potent, very well working products from what i have read.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
ok...so pretty much just take everything normally....take vaporize at recommended....and take sesathin and omega-3 at recommended and everthing should be alright? good deal

as for the heat and stim-x......ive seen like 1 or 2 threads of people doing this....and they havent really had any real negatives....and for me being obviously resistant to most kinds of stims i guess.....i wouldnt think it would be a problem.

prld2gr8ns or workin: any thoughts on which stack may be the most potent out of the 2...i know prld2gr8n said whatever one is less expensive...which is a valid point hehe.....just want to see which one has more of an advantage.

I also just was contacted from Gaspari about another Product they are coming out with called Cytolean. Its supposed to come out in a few weeks and is supposed to be even stronger than their current supp "3rd degree burn" that has got me excited since it seems Gaspari has very potent, very well working products from what i have read.
StimX seems more potent...but HEAT may be more effective.....hard to say.

Workin