Applied Nutraceuticals IGF-2 and NeoVar stack

deadlifter25

Awards
So i will be starting this stack on monday and i cant wait! First off i would like to thank the AN crew for giving me the chance to try these out and for all their support. Some background info...im 28 years old, 6'1" and somewheres around 195-200 lbs, with a bf of 20%+. I have been away from lifting for close to 3 years. Before i quit i was about 220, 17-19% bf with around 4 solid years of training and a few not so serious years before that. I would say that i have become almost skinny fat and i hate it and cant stand it anymore! Im going to be doing something a little different as far as work outs go. Ill be doing predominantly body weight excersices, twice a day, in an EDT style routine. It will look like this....

day1 am pushups
pm pull-ups

day2 am shoulders (side lateral raises with db's)
pm chinups

day 3 off

day 4 am dips
pm pushups

day 5 am pullups
pm shoulders

day 6 off

and so on. So basically a 2 on 1 off Escalating Density Training with one 15 minute session twice a day. Hoping that i will be able to take advantage of the twice daily "anabolic window" this way, and the EDT is something i always wanted to try and i hope this will help keep things interesting. I realize that i am totally neglecting legs, and that was never my style in the past...i always did squats, front squats, deadlifts, leg raises ect. But my legs have always been big, and thats not where i need the most work. I might try to throw in a day of body weight squats or something though, just not right away. For cardio work...i usually play full court basketball and or football indoors in the turf room about twice a week, and i have been walking to and from work lately everyday for around 3+ miles. I also have use of a treadmill and nordic track that ill put into play at times also. Im not going to be super anal with diet at this point, but i am certainly going to make some changes. Im just going to really concentrate on getting in the proper amount of protein and just eating cleaner. Will be using protein shakes, and the staple body building foods...oatmeal, brown rice, veggies, chicken, tuna, and other good stuff. Basically will try to remove all the junk and processed foods that i have been consuming WAY to much of! Anyway, i just wanted to give a quick rundown of my plan and ill get this log officially started tommorrow. Thanks for reading and thanks again to the Applied Nutraceuticals crew!

deadlifter25

Awards
OK, so i got my first day of workouts in yesterday. I dont think i can really comment on these products yet as its only been one day. But after my pull-up session lastnight my biceps and forearms stayed really pumped for the rest of the night...im not really sure if thats from the NeoVar or not? Pumps always came relatively easy for me, but that fealt kinda extreme lastnight, especially for being the first day ive worked out in a LONG time. So without being able say much more about the stack i have a few other things to say. First off Arnold might have been right...the pump might be almost as good as sex! lol Feels great to have that feeling again. But man, i have gotten SOOOO weak, its embarassing. From past experience i know that the strength and stamina will come back fairly fast (atleast as far as pushups go, been many times over the past couple of years where i would start doing push ups, aiming for 100 a day, and i would alwyas start out weak as hell, but quickly get stronger and bigger actually). So i know how i react which should help me gauge the effects of this stack atleast. And holy sh1t i am sore!!! My arms took a real beating lastnight from the pull ups...i hurt in places that i have never fealt before. Like on the underside of my arms just above my elbows...holy crap!! I dont mind being sore, i actually kinda like it...it hurts so good!! haha But i didnt expect it so soon after a workout. I couldnt even call this DOMS i dont think...i worked out at about 7 lastnight and i woke up in the middle of the night and couldnt believe how much my arms hurt...i dont think id call that very Delayed, lol.

deadlifter25

Awards
Oh and as far as my before pix....ill hopefully get those tonight. I just kind of recently moved from florida back to ny and half of my stuff is still packed away in my car. I cant find my camera yet, but its around somewhere. Should have more time tonight after work to dig it out.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
what are your goals, gain lbm, lose fat?

deadlifter25

Awards
The main thing i am after is putting muscle back on and increasing strength. And some fatloss wouldnt hurt either! lol Which i expect will happen, to some degree atleast. Im just feeling soft and flabby and i cant stand it anymore. Ive always had a little bit of chub to me, which i was ok with when i had some good muscle to go with it, but now....well like i said im just soft and flabby.

deadlifter25

Awards
Ok, so i just weighed myself and i am a little surprised. It was on a Tanita scale, which i know arent the most accurate at all, but im hoping that it is atleast consistant. It said i weighed 212 and was 19.5% bf. I have a hard time believing either...would have guessed i weighed about 195 and would put my bf at 23-24%. I got on and off it a few times to see if the numbers would change much and they didnt. So like i said, hopefully it will be accurate in the changes atleast even if the starting numbers are incorrect. And i cant find my F'n camera!!! Its got to be around, somewhere. If i cant find it tonight ill borrow one from somebody. Im sorry to Lanbane and dirk and the rest of the crew for the delay.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Ok, so i just weighed myself and i am a little surprised. It was on a Tanita scale, which i know arent the most accurate at all, but im hoping that it is atleast consistant. It said i weighed 212 and was 19.5% bf. I have a hard time believing either...would have guessed i weighed about 195 and would put my bf at 23-24%. I got on and off it a few times to see if the numbers would change much and they didnt. So like i said, hopefully it will be accurate in the changes atleast even if the starting numbers are incorrect. And i cant find my F'n camera!!! Its got to be around, somewhere. If i cant find it tonight ill borrow one from somebody. Im sorry to Lanbane and dirk and the rest of the crew for the delay.
Hey deadlifter,

Get some good pix and accurate measurements...you'll need them shortly.

Stay tuned and you'll see what I mean...

D

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
*cues dramatic music while Donorrell speaks the above words*

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Looks like you are coming back from that lay-off pretty well!

deadlifter25

Awards
Hey, sorry for the delay in posting. After a little over a week of being on this stack i have a few things to report. The first and biggest thing i "think" i can attribute to these products (im assuming its the IGF-2) is my improved sleep. Ive been sleeping very solidly and pretty much straight through the night, which isnt normal for me. Thinking maybe its from the hgh increase?? Im also keeping a pretty good pump through out the day after a workout, which isnt all that abnormal for me actually. But if i remember correctly from reading some of the other threads its around the second week that the NeoVar really starts doin its thang, so ill be glad to see what the end of this week brings. Im leaning out already too, but i have to say that has just as much if not more to do with the change in diet as this stack. I dont know, i guess thats hard for me too say actually...a little more time and maybe i can say for sure. So far im liking this stack, but im def thinking ill be able to tell for sure in another week or 2 how much this is contributing to gains and all that. Muscle memory is going to play a big part in that too. Oh and i did find my camera, right around the time the contest was posted, so i figured i might as well wait til the 1st to take my pic...so ill do that tommorrow.

jlash04

jlash04

Awards
Great log Deadlifter. Been following your progress closely to see if it parallels mine, and so far it appears like it is. Its nice to see someone else on the stack getting great results as well.

Keep working hard! I'll keep checking in!

deadlifter25

Awards
Ok so i just took my pics, which wasnt easy to do by myself! I just realized though that i didnt have anything to show the date so i guess ill have to do it again tommorrow when i get a newspaper or something. Let me say this before i post them though...holy crap ive gotten fat!! lol I mean i knew i was but man seeing a pic, it just shows more than the mirror does thats for sure. I took measurements the best i could too.

WAIST 39"!!! alls i can say is wow! did the measurement
just below the belly button. I only wear a
size 34...this is just unexceptable!! lol

CHEST 43.25" measured just above the nipples

R BICEP 14.75" Ive lost a lil bit more than 2" since i quit
working out...be nice to see how fast that
changes.

R 4ARM 11.75"

NECK 15.25"

So i have no idea if i did these measurements right, but it will atleast give me something to go on. I figure ill take new measurements and pix in a week. I wish i had done this at the beginning...because i feel like it was a real kick in the a$$, just what i needed!

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Deadlifter......... Any news to share with us???

Deadline for contest entry is tomorrow.........

deadlifter25

Awards
Guys im sorry for the lack of updates or anything. Its been a really crazy couple of weeks. Lost my job, found a new one with pretty different and weird hours and been dealing with some other personal sh!t. My dosing of these supplements over the last 2 weeks has been pretty sporadic as my workouts have been too. I think things are back in order for me, and ive decided i need to just bite the bullet and pay for a gym membership. I just wasnt getting what i wanted out of my planned body weight workouts and i have to be honest...they just werent as motivating and fun as throwing around some real iron! Im hoping that i have enough of this stack left (im guessing about 2 weeks of each) that i will be able to still see some good results. I definitely fealt like they were working well and they were great products. One thing ive noticed over the last week especially...that great quality of sleep i was seeing has diminished, but i believe that that is from the sub-par dosing and not from the product losing effectiveness. Im hitting the gym on monday at the latest and ive been getting the proper dosing over the last couple of days...so im hoping that things will pick up were they left off! Again i apologize for the let down here, and ill do my best to finish this stack out to the best of my ability.

donorrell

donorrell

Board Sponsor
Awards
Guys im sorry for the lack of updates or anything. Its been a really crazy couple of weeks. Lost my job, found a new one with pretty different and weird hours and been dealing with some other personal sh!t. My dosing of these supplements over the last 2 weeks has been pretty sporadic as my workouts have been too. I think things are back in order for me, and ive decided i need to just bite the bullet and pay for a gym membership. I just wasnt getting what i wanted out of my planned body weight workouts and i have to be honest...they just werent as motivating and fun as throwing around some real iron! Im hoping that i have enough of this stack left (im guessing about 2 weeks of each) that i will be able to still see some good results. I definitely fealt like they were working well and they were great products. One thing ive noticed over the last week especially...that great quality of sleep i was seeing has diminished, but i believe that that is from the sub-par dosing and not from the product losing effectiveness. Im hitting the gym on monday at the latest and ive been getting the proper dosing over the last couple of days...so im hoping that things will pick up were they left off! Again i apologize for the let down here, and ill do my best to finish this stack out to the best of my ability.
Glad to hear things are falling into place for you. We wish you the best with getting back into a groove.

deadlifter25

Awards
donorrell...thnx alot man i appreciate it. You guys have invested time and product in me and thats awesome. You are a great bunch of guys and from what i can tell so far you have a great product line. And thats a great combination...you should go far! I apologize again...i feel like i didnt meet my end of the bargain, and that sux! But ill do my best to finish strong and keep this log going. Thnx again...

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
You're alright Deadlifter, life gets in the way, and always at the most inconvenient times it seems.
So you gonna spring for a gym membership now? I'd be interested to hear how the bodyweight exercise gains translate over in the gym.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
*quietly whistles Guns n' Roses "Patience"*