E V O L U T I O N: Grunt becomes ... What???

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Shall I bore you with the full length product descriptions that you probably have read if you have any interest at all in such products? Nay, I shan't, except for Bad Ass Mass, which is new. Instead, I will provide pretty pictures, they are always nice to look at, and LINKS to the product descriptions for the few who haven't read them yet.

This log will be easy to read, with all of the required information, and no extra detail that does nothing. In that spirit, I will provide daily calories expended and consumed, with macronutrient breakdown, but not a complete list of all meals. My FitDay journal, for those who want further information, will remain available.

Jungle Warfare:

Product information page

Restore:

Product information page

Bad Ass Mass:

Bad Ass Mass™ is designed to support serious mass gain through the most effective pro-anabolic pathways.

-Stimulate muscle AR’s for enhanced protein synthesis and tissue repair.
-Bind SHBG to increase levels of free testosterone.
-Increase LH/FSH to maximize output of natural testosterone.
-Increase glycogen retention and optimize internal hydration levels.
-Support superior protein synthesis through modulation of transcription factors.
-Inhibits excessive cortisol levels for an anti-catabolic effect.
-Promote recovery of the neuromuscular matrix.
-Provide superior results either in a synergistic stack or as a standalone supplement

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Preliminary information

- 39 years old, 16 years in training, natural genetic potential maxed.
- Recently fairly severely injured, both forearms broken and a shoulder more or less wrecked
- The shoulder will require surgery before it is better than the 25% it is now
- I have untreated low testosterone that I should get a prescription for pretty soon
- For the reason above, getting back in shape has been dreadfully difficult
- Diet has been so-so, high quality and nutritious foods in fairly large amounts and no macronutrient monitoring
- The diet will come under direct management during this sponsored test

12/27/2006
Bodyweight 217.0
Left Forearm 14.25
Left Bicep 17.50
Left Deltoid 18.75
Around Bellybutton 37.50
Left Thigh 26.00
Left Calf 18.00

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 1: Legs

WORKOUT

* designates exercises where a 6 second TUT rep is accomplished. 3 full seconds down, 3 full seconds up.
Rest is 3 minutes between sets.

*Leg Press 315x8, 315x8, 360x7
Split Squat Smith 85x8+8, 85x8+8, 85x8+5
SLDL Toes Raised 165x8, 175x8, 175x8
*Leg Extension 90x8, 90x7
*Leg Curl 85x7, 70x8
*Calf Raise 225x19, 225x14

Bodyweight: 217

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

JW: 2 caps @ 4PM, 1 cap @ midnight
Restore: 1 cap @ 4PM, 1 cap @ midnight
BAM: 2 caps @ 4PM, 1 cap @ midnight

CALORIES

Expended: 3,190
Consumed: 3,724
Macronutrient breakdown: 21% protein (208g), 35% carbs, 43% fat

Well I had been eating most of the day as planned being a day out of the gym, but being that the supplements showed up, I decided to make it a training day, started eating all kinds of things and ended up there. Oh well. Tomorrow my macros will look better.

OBSERVATIONS

Decent workout considering the knee pain and that I was a bit rushed for time, since I had a chicken in the oven.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Beautiful Log Buddy!!! Its a pretty read!

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Well alright. Somebody is posting something worth subscribing to.

F

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Very Nice start to your log Grunt :D Course anyone that knows you , knows you do DAMN good logs :)

Im smelling 8 weeks already ;)

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 2: Arms & Abs

WORKOUT

* designates exercises where a 6 second TUT rep is accomplished. 3 full seconds down, 3 full seconds up.

Standing Alt. Dumbell Curl 55x8, 60x5, 65x3
Hammer Curl 55x5, 60x3
*Spider Curl (vertical preacher EZ) 64x6, 64x6
Tricep Pulldown 90x8, 105x5, 120x3
*45° Barbell Arm Extension 60x6, 60x6
Ball Crunch 15, 12
Incline Reverse Crunch 10, 7

Bodyweight: 219.5 (+2.5)

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle Warfare: 1 cap @ noon, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @ midnight
Restore: 1 cap @ noon, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @ midnight
Bad Ass Mass: 1 cap @ noon, 1 cap @ midnight

CALORIES

Expended: 3,190
Consumed: 3,653
Macronutrient breakdown: 31% protein (290g), 33% carbs, 36% fat

OBSERVATIONS

This morning I experienced some unusual perkiness "down there". Interesting.

Also, appetite seems increased but it's hard to tell because I normally feel like I am starving myself any time I eat maintenance. :(

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
this will be a good one I will be watching closely. Nice log already!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 3: Rest

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle Warfare 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @1AM
Restore 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @1AM
Bad Ass Mass 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @1AM

CALORIES

Expended: 2,443
Consumed: 3,901
Macronutrient breakdown: 29% protein (291g), 35% carbs, 36% fat

OBSERVATIONS

The only observation I have is that my appetite is utterly out of control. Hopefully this stack is going to produce some major anabolism because look at that, I exceeded my calorie expendituree by 1,500 and that is by making an effort to not eat more. I'm still hungry, and I guess I'm going to bed hungry.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Hey Grunt, Do you take digestive enzymes? Just curious.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Nice log Grunt. Quite handy that I can read it from down the hall.:p

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Day 4

**Decided to take a bike ride through the park. Got my head turned staring at a scrumptious specimen of manhood walking his toy poodle and crashed into a tree. Rebroke my arms and further desintigrated my shoulder. I will be discontinuing log and sending all my supps to bpmartyr as he was so kind as to post this up beings that I cannot type without arms.

Thank you for your interest. :D

**This was a test of the bpmartyr supplement redistribution hotline. This was only a test. If this had been an actual log crisis, the preceding announcement would have been followed by a deep empathy for the incapacitated and an exuberant dance around the newly aquired supps.**

F

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:blink: Someone call 911 !!!!!!! We have a looney tune on the loose :icon_lol:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Nice log Grunt. Quite handy that I can read it from down the hall.:p
Is the type too big?

For me, everyone else's type is pretty small and mine is just nicely large...

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
The type is fine and colorful I might add. BP's post is also pretty funny. "scrumptious specimen of manhood":icon_lol: Haha

jonesboy

jonesboy

Awards
  • Established
i had to read that 3 times to make sure i was reading it right :)

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Great log so far bro. Yes, for some reason even the JW solo increases your appetite, at least it does for me. Feed the machine :D

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Nice log Grunt this should turn out to be a great stack!!

Good Luck with the log!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 4: Delts, Traps & Calves

WORKOUT

Upright Rowing 135x8 145x5 155x3
Dumbell Military Press 55x10 65x7 70x4
Bent-Over Laterals 45x8 50x5 55x3
*Barbell Front Raise 30x6 30x5
*Dumbell Shrug 90x6 80x7 80x6
*Calf Raise 225x16 225x14

Bodyweight 221.5 (+4.5)

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle warfare: 1 cap @ 11:30AM, 1 cap @ 7:30PM, 1 cap @ 12:20AM
Restore: 1 cap @ 11:30AM, 1 cap @ 7:30PM, 1 cap @ 12:20AM
Bad Ass Mass: 1 cap @ 11:30AM, 1 cap @ 12:20AM

CALORIES

Expended: 3,197
Consumed: 4,051
Macronutrient breakdown: 35% protein (370g), 30% carbs, 35% fat

OBSERVATIONS

HUNGRY. Great workout. Unexpected strength on some exercises, especially considering my shoulder's state.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Awesome log man, great detail. This is how these things should be done. *Smacks self on wrist*:frustrate

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 5: Back & Biceps

WORKOUT

Dumbell Rowing 115x8 125x5 135x5
Wide-Grip Chin-Up 5 5 4
*Body Rowing 8 5 6
Reverse Hyperextension on a ball on top of a bench with a db between my feet 25x8 25x8 25x8
EZ Bar curl 96x5 106x5
*Concentration curl 30x8 30x7

Bodyweight: 221.5 (+4.5)

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle warfare: 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @ 1:20AM
Restore: 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @ 1:20AM
Bad Ass Mass: 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ 1:20AM

CALORIES

Expended: 3,351
Consumed: 4,070
Macronutrient breakdown: 25% protein (259g), 37% carbs, 38% fat

OBSERVATIONS

Unexpected strength in the gym. Interestingly, endurance seems not at all improved. On my first set of every exercise, I found that I could not do any more reps than usual, but as the weight increased, I was able to do more reps than usual and even use more weight. This is a very good sign, considering that I am only 5 days into this stack. If things keep on this tack, I will be very satisfied. :woohoo:

I was unable to exert full control over my diet and even though I had thought that I must have eaten much less than maintenance, after adding it all up, I am about 700 calories above maintenance. :blink:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 6: New year's day REST

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle warfare: 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ 5:30PM, 1 cap @ midnight
Restore: 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ 5:30PM, 1 cap @ midnight
Bad Ass Mass: 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ midnight

CALORIES

Expended: 2,541
Consumed: 2,583
Macronutrient breakdown: 36% protein (247g), 28% carbs, 36% fat

OBSERVATIONS

Rest day. I have been helping my best friend prepare her new place, so I was semi active today. Tomorrow I help her move, which is fine, since the gym is closed again, so it will replace working out.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 7: Rest, well, not really.

WORKOUT

I helped my best friend move in with me. It was fun wrestling a 300lb+ fridge down a 25' outdoor flight of stairs. So I call it a workout.

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle warfare: 1 cap @ 9AM, 1 cap @ 4PM, 1 cap @ Midnight
Restore: 1 cap @ 9AM, 1 cap @ 4PM, 1 cap @ Midnight
Bad Ass Mass: 1 cap @ 9AM, 1 cap @ Midnight

CALORIES

Expended: 3,436
Consumed: 3,178
Macronutrient breakdown: 32% protein (264g), 35% carbs, 33% fat

OBSERVATIONS

No endurance.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 8: Chest

WORKOUT

*Flat Barbell Bench Press 135x8 135x7 135x6
*Incline Dumbell Press 50x7 45x8 45x7
Cable crossover 60x8 75x8 90x8
Incline Dumbell Flye 45x7 45x7 45x6
Close-Grip Bench 185x7 185x5 185x4
Reverse-Grip Cable Extension 75x10 90x8

Bodyweight 222.5 (+5.5)

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle warfare: 1 cap @ 10:30AM, 1 cap @ 6:30PM, 1 cap @ Midnight
Restore: 1 cap @ 10:30AM, 1 cap @ 6:30PM, 1 cap @ Midnight
Bad Ass Mass: 1 cap @ 10:30AM, 1 cap @ Midnight

CALORIES

Expended: 3,046
Consumed: 4,473 :eek:
Macronutrient breakdown: 34% protein (390g), 33% carbs, 33% fat

OBSERVATIONS

Look! I got plenty of protein!! My appetite is totally off the hook. I am restraining myself.

Strength was difficult to assess since my shoulder prevents me from going heavy on chest. Tomorrow is legs day so that will be a good assessment of where I am going with my strength.

Libido is noticeably increased.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
R

ryano

Awards
  • Established
subscribedizzle...hey grunt congrats on the prescription test:)

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Look! I got plenty of protein!! My appetite is totally off the hook. I am restraining myself.
I had almost a full container of cottage cheese before I went to bed last night. It didn't affect sleep at all. This is my new bedtime ritual from now on.Try it. I just want to see your total calories go through the roof. More Protein Grunt! More PROTEIN!!!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I had almost a full container of cottage cheese before I went to bed last night. It didn't affect sleep at all. This is my new bedtime ritual from now on.Try it. I just want to see your total calories go through the roof. More Protein Grunt! More PROTEIN!!!
I would bro, I would. I have this thing, where I will eat something ONLY if it is organically grown, and I have not been able to find organic cottage cheese. Most of the foods are available organically-grown, heck I can even get Philly-like cream cheese in organic. For $6 a pack but that's another story. No cottage for the Grunt. :( Until...

F

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
FnF looks forward to Grunts leg workout :) I hope to see some good news. :D

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
heck I can even get Philly-like cream cheese in organic. For $6 a pack but that's another story. No cottage for the Grunt. :( Until...
I was going to mention the price. Must be just as bad as over here where the price is almost double that of the non organic stuff. We have a decent independant health grocery store here.Next time I go there I will see if they carry any organic cottage cheese and where they get it.

subscribedizzle...hey grunt congrats on the prescription test:)
?

maddenizor

maddenizor

Awards
I wish I were able to eat cottage cheese. When I put a spoonful in my mouth it feels like the consistency of throw up. Anyway back to your first post, a 3 min rest is a bit long to me. But whatever works.

smithsonga

smithsonga

Awards
Try these brands...you can search on their site for local stores. They at least carry their milks....

Organic Valley
Horizon Organic

dude, I gotta ask...I looked at your fitday diet to see the mega-eating (curious). What is up with almost a 1/2 cup of maple syrup?? or 5T of butter? and 24t of raw sugar?

:jaw:

F

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Try these brands...you can search on their site for local stores. They at least carry their milks....

Organic Valley
Horizon Organic

dude, I gotta ask...I looked at your fitday diet to see the mega-eating (curious). What is up with almost a 1/2 cup of maple syrup?? or 5T of butter? and 24t of raw sugar?

Grunt is a Veteran, He knows what works for him. Plus I cant pick on him because he is bigger than me :toofunny:

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I would bro, I would. I have this thing, where I will eat something ONLY if it is organically grown, and I have not been able to find organic cottage cheese. Most of the foods are available organically-grown, heck I can even get Philly-like cream cheese in organic. For $6 a pack but that's another story. No cottage for the Grunt. :( Until...
I understand. I was a Vegan for 3 years. I was um..anal. You are in Montreal, right? I'm sure you could get small quantities shipped to you or suggest it to your local SuperMarche'.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established

Organic Valley
Horizon Organic

Right... This was bound to come up sooner or later, so here:

1. The grocery stores were closed on the 1st and 2nd, and on the 2nd I helped my best friend move in with me. The guests on new year's and the busy time on moving day (2nd) did a number on my food reserves and I was stuck - poor me - eating pancakes on the morning of Jan.3. I won't do it again, sorry. NOT! :) Hey I'm bulking right.

2. Maple syrup is yummy. Tasty calories, what?

3. Sugar. Yes, sugar. Well I add it in my postworkout shakes, since when getting my custom mix made, I went for 15% (not 15g as I had in mind) of dextrose. So I have not enough sugar in my shake to trigger insulin, which is my goal. So by adding sugar, I get my slin and I'm happy. My log just looks sloppier than it is.

Things are getting back in order now, I've had 2 cans of tuna and I'll be having chicken later. Cool? :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Don't MAKE me send the diet Nazi's to your crib dog!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 9: Thighs & Calves

WORKOUT

*Leg Presss 315x8 360x5 360x7
SLDL Toes Raised 185x8 185x8 185x7
DB Split Squat 55x8+8 60x8+4 65x4+4
Leg Curl 115x9 130x6
Leg Extension 150x11 180x7
*Calf Raise 225x14 225x12

Bodyweight 222 (+5)

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle warfare: 1 cap @ 9AM, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @ Midnight
Restore: 1 cap @ 9AM, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @ Midnight
Bad Ass Mass: 1 cap @ 9AM, 1 cap @ Midnight

CALORIES

Expended: 2,981
Consumed: 3,704
Macronutrient breakdown: 43% protein (412g), 27% carbs, 30% fat

OBSERVATIONS

I had an appointment at 1:30PM to look at my shoulder before proceeding to surgery. I ended up seeing the doc at 4PM and I got out of there after X-rays at 5PM. "FREE" health care. Ugh. Then I went to the optometrist to get my contact lenses, and then hit the gym at nearly 6PM. I had eaten at 12:45 PM so I was about 5 hours after my last meal when I trained. Far from good. So my workout was not as good as I had foreseen but strength was good. My stiff-legged-deadlift is the first exercise that I perform with equal weights and reps to what I was doing before injuring myself back in late May.

Appetite is still very strong. Looking at myself in the mirror, I seen to have gained some muscle. I feel harder under the layer of fat, which is good. Weight was down ½lb from yesterday, unsurprisingly since I had only 2 small meals in me at 6PM at the time of weighing myself.

It may be any of a dozen other possibles, but I feel that I am expelling more water since starting this. I get some dry-sinus headaches when I wake up in the morning, on my second bladder-emptying trip to the bathroom for the night.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 10: Rest

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle warfare: 1 cap @ 9am, 1 cap @ 6pm, 1 cap @ 1AM
Restore: 1 cap @ 9am, 1 cap @ 6pm, 1 cap @ 1AM
Bad Ass Mass: 1 cap @ 9am, 1 cap @ 1AM

CALORIES

Expended: 2,590
Consumed: 3,024
Macronutrient breakdown: 39% protein (306g), 24% carbs, 37% fat

OBSERVATIONS

:yawn: Rest day. :yawn:

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 11: Arms & Abs

WORKOUT

Close-Grip Bench Extension 185x10, 225x5, 245x0
Kick-Back 50x6, 55x3
*Overhead DB Extension 30x6, 25x7
Dumbell Curl Seated 50x8, 55x5
*Supinated Concentration Curl 35x7, 30x8
Ball Crunch 14, 7
Reverse Crunch 10, 4

Bodyweight 222 (+5)

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle warfare: 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @ 1AM
Restore: 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @ 1AM
Bad Ass Mass: 1 cap @ 11AM, 1 cap @ 1AM

CALORIES

Expended: 3,073
Consumed: 3,933
Macronutrient breakdown: 37% protein (361g), 32% carbs, 30% fat

OBSERVATIONS

I was pressed for time because my stupid gym closes at 6PM on weekends. So I decided to stack my biceps and triceps exercises into compound sets. So of course I was unable do this workout in a way that is truly comparable to last time.

Still, I had some surprising strength. 225x5 on the close grip bench extension was downright easy, to my surprise, as that was the maximum weight I have ever used on that exercise. It is a cross between a close-grip benching exercise and a barbell triceps extension. At the bottom of this movement, the back of my hands nearly touch my shoulders. Anyways so after the 225x5, I put 245 up but my injured shoulder would have none of that. So I guess I'll be working with 225 until it is better. I moved on to another exercise, being somewhat pressed for time.

On a final note, I noticed some visible muscle growth in the mirror today. :woohoo:

F

FitnFirm

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was pressed for time because my stupid gym closes at 6PM on weekends. So I decided to stack my biceps and triceps exercises into compound sets. So of course I was unable do this workout in a way that is truly comparable to last time.

Still, I had some surprising strength. 225x5 on the close grip bench extension was downright easy, to my surprise, as that was the maximum weight I have ever used on that exercise. It is a cross between a close-grip benching exercise and a barbell triceps extension. At the bottom of this movement, the back of my hands nearly touch my shoulders. Anyways so after the 225x5, I put 245 up but my injured shoulder would have none of that. So I guess I'll be working with 225 until it is better. I moved on to another exercise, being somewhat pressed for time.

On a final note, I noticed some visible muscle growth in the mirror today. :woohoo:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Nice Grunt !!! from 225-245 no go, next time try just adding 10 pounds silly !!!!! :)

Nice to hear about what your seeing in the mirror !!!!!!!

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Day 12: Delts, Traps & Calves

WORKOUT

Barbell Military Press Smith 135x10, 155x5, 165x3
Close-Grip Upright Rowing 125x10, 145x5, 165x3
*Reverse Pec Deck 105x8, 105x8, 105x7
*DB Side Lateral Raises 25x6 20x8
*Barbell Shrug 185x8 185x8 185x7
Calf Raise 225x14 225x13
Bodyweight 223.25 (+6.25)

SUPPLEMENT DOSAGES

Jungle warfare: 1 cap @ noon, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @ 1AM
Restore: 1 cap @ noon, 1 cap @ 7PM, 1 cap @ 1AM
Bad Ass Mass: 1 cap @ noon, 1 cap @ 1AM

CALORIES

Expended: 3,214
Consumed: 4,263
Macronutrient breakdown: 42% protein (443g), 37% carbs, 21% fat

OBSERVATIONS

Another strong workout. Shoulder exercises are all up 10-20 lbs from last time 2 weeks ago, which is a very good improvement in my book. I am getting close to pre-injury levels on quite a few exercises, shrugs being a very notable but unsurprising exception given the nature of the injury.

Appetite is still wild, as you can see I got a full thousand calories more than I spent. I feel that I have gained a little bit of fat at the beginning of my run but have not gained any more since about day 3. I believe I am experiencing a slight side-effect of almost imperceptible lightheadedness at times.