OneBetter's Purple Wraath Review: New and Old Flavoring - AnabolicMinds.com

OneBetter's Purple Wraath Review: New and Old Flavoring

1. New Member

OneBetter's Purple Wraath Review: New and Old Flavoring

My review of Controlled Labs Purple Wraath - Old Flavoring

Well, I've been running a little low on my Xtend, so i decided to get Purple Wraath and use it up for the remainder of my cut.

Taste: 5.5/10

Taste is not very good, I was kind of expecting it to be close to Xtend. That is a little too much to ask though, because Xtend doesn't have all the extras that Purple Wraath has. I don't really know how to describe it, but the grape was not very strong. The aftertaste was, and it was pretty tart to say the least. It's not the worse tasting supplement, but it was difficult for me to sip on during my workout. I think that tomorrow when I try it for my workout, I'll try to down it all before I leave for the gym and see how that works out.

Mixability: 8/10

Not bad for the overall mixability. I could not get it to fully mix in my shaker cup when i put 2 scoops in 8oz of water, so i had to add more. I got it to mix when I added 4oz more to my shaker. With 12oz total, it mixed up well. There wasn't anything floating around, but it did foam slightly.

Price: 9/10

The overall price is pretty high - $50 for 90 servings - but that's about the standard for EAA products because they are not cheap. Considering the extras and the EAA content, I would say that this is a well priced product compared to bulk powders.

Overall: 8/10

I have used it during two of my workouts and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. The ingredients are solid, and the price is pretty much on par with other EAA supplements. Overall, the only thing bad about it right now is the taste. And yes I realize that there are some ingredients that will not taste good, but I feel that the grape flavoring system as a whole isn't that great. With that said, I will still continue to use it because taste doesn't make or break a product, but it does need some work in that area.

2. New Member

My review of Controlled Labs Purple Wraath - New Flavoring

First off, I'd like to thank pu12/Controlled Labs for their great customer service and speedy response. I had done a review of Purple Wraath, before the improved the flavoring, and they said they had improved the taste. They gave me a chance to try out the better flavoring system. I'm going to do a 3 part review on it. Part 1 will be 2 scoops mixed with 12-14oz water like the first review I did, and sipped on during the workout. Part 2 will be 2 separate scoops put directly in the mouth. Part 3 will be the smallest amount of water I can mix it with, and I will just drink it all as quickly as possible 15 minutes pre workout.

Part 1

Taste: 8/10

The last time I tried this I gave it a 5.5 out of 10. It has definitely improved. As soon as I got the package, I opened it up and all I could smell was the grape flavoring. So Sunday night, I tried it out with 14oz of water and sipped it through my workout. I had no problem sipping it for 45 minutes during my workout. With the old one, it had a bad aftertaste.. This one had no aftertaste at all, and the grape flavor as a whole seemed a little better. Although, I still don't think it's a "juicy" grape flavor, more of a tangy grape I guess is how I would describe it.

Mixability: 8/10

I still give it an 8/10, it was pretty easy to mix with 14 oz of water in a shaker bottle. Took a few minutes though, and I had to let the bottle sit for a few minutes while the foam went away.
  3. New Member

Part 2
    Taste: 7.5/10
    OK, so for Part 2 of my review I did 2 separate scoops chased with water. To my surprise, it actually tasted fairly well. I have never actually used this method, so the first try didn't go so great. I sort of took a breath when I had the scoop in my mouth and I breathed in some powder. I coughed a bit, but managed to get the first one down. Feeling like an idiot, I took another scoop down with water in my other hand and had no problems. The taste wasn't as strong as when it's mixed in water, but all I could taste was the grape flavoring. I'm not a huge fan of this tactic for the new flavor, but I think it would be the better way to go with the old flavor. So far I'm liking sipping on Purple Wraath during my workout, as the tingling sensation so to speak seems to increase about half way into my workout.
    •   

4. New Member

Part 3
    Taste: 8/10
    This part of my review was to use as little water as possible and drink 2 scoops imediatley preworkout. I think I used around 8oz of water, and I was shaking it for a while. When the foam was gone, I drank it all right before I left to go drive to my gym. A little before I arrived, I could feel the tingling sensation start. It was very strong, and started at my ears and gradually through the workout went to my legs. The tingling was much stronger than when I just drink it during the workout. As for the taste, with less water the grape flavor was stronger also, but I liked it more then with more water. The taste is now much better then before.

just for anyone wondering, the new version has less total grams - new old has ~971g - I think off the top of my head
  5. New Member

Great reviews and comparisons.

The new batch is 981 with the addition of 40g of flavoring and citric avid. There are the same amount of actives and servings.
  6. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT

Thanks for the feedback ! :bruce1:

Similar Forum Threads

1. BBG's Purple Wraath LOG - REVIEW - NEW Cotton Candy Flavor
    By BigBlackGuy in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 06:52 AM
  2. new and old JW together?
    By wlois in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
  3. Purple Wraath Review