X-FACTOR LOG 1250 MG DAY + Ecdysten

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Here it is. I want this to be really cool. Just out from a competition
:bb:
and want to gain solid poundges. Here is the first days of the log: BN in reviews section it's there.PM me for the exact link.

I decided to be a goldmember, and now I am looking for points and rep. If you like the log, help me out also ;) I started the log there, but all the rest will be right here. Will write next day tonight once I am done in the gym ;) Just starten Ecdysten 6 caps a day BTW

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here it is. I want this to be really cool. Just out from a competition
:bb:
and want to gain solid poundges. Here is the first days of the log: BN in reviews section it's there.PM me for the exact link.

I decided to be a goldmember, and now I am looking for points and rep. If you like the log, help me out also ;) I started the log there, but all the rest will be right here. Will write next day tonight once I am done in the gym ;) Just starten Ecdysten 6 caps a day BTW
Have you tried either product before?? I like ecdysterone but am a little skeptical about X-Factor.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I have tried x-factor before, but I was eating a bunch of tri-o-plex bars, wich diminished it's effects. I also have tried scifit's ecdy 300 crap, but this is not a good source, therefore probably 2 mg pure ecdy. :( Now I heard good things about Ecdysten, and decided to give ecdy a second chance. Both should be pretty good, and I am impatient to see the results :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Within the next two weeks or so, I am going to try Anagen and use it for a lean bulk/recomp.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Heard good things about anagen. Looks pretty decent. Good luck :)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 9

Today I felt a pretty good pump and it was just awesome. Weight will be posted at day 10, 20, 30, and 40.

I did bi-tri's today

Dumbell curls 3 x 6-8
barbell curls 3 x 6-8
Hammer curls 3 x 6-8

Dips 3 sets to failure
Straight bar pushdown 3 x 6-8
Reverse bar pushdowns 3 x 6-8

Anyone wants to have more information? please ask. Don't hesitate ;)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAY 9

Today I felt a pretty good pump and it was just awesome. Weight will be posted at day 10, 20, 30, and 40.

I did bi-tri's today

Dumbell curls 3 x 6-8
barbell curls 3 x 6-8
Hammer curls 3 x 6-8

Dips 3 sets to failure
Straight bar pushdown 3 x 6-8
Reverse bar pushdowns 3 x 6-8

Anyone wants to have more information? please ask. Don't hesitate ;)
ANy noticeable improvements in strength or recovery yet?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
No, I just feel more sore, that's all. Better pumps. I just went back from a contest, so I just want to get things to normal before I note increases. I figured day 10 could be a good date to monitor progress.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Just a little update. Not at gym yet. But I feel very hungry right now, even if I know I ate enough...:woohoo: Will get back on this tonight.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 10

Today I did back along with abs.
I did:
t-bar rows : 3 x 6-8 reps
reverse grip lat pulldowns 3 x 6-8 reps
dumbell pullovers 3 x 6-8 reps

leg raises 2 x 30 reps
machine crunches 3 sets 8-10 reps.

I felt very sore today, and have difficulty to walk because of DOMS in hamstrings. I feel a pump in everything I do, even sore in the calves from leg workout! Pretty good at this point.
WEIGHT: 177.4 lbs around 12% BF Keeping diet clean, and gains should be setting in:woohoo:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 11

Today is an off day. I am feeling good overall, and had 10 hours sleep, which was very beneficial. I felt extremely sore, and needed some rest. I will hit the weights tomorrow morning, and let you guys know how well everything is going.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 12

Today I did a 12 - 9 shift. I did shoulders in the morning. I did:
Military press: 3 x 6-8 reps
Front dumbell raises : 3 x 6-8 reps
Side raises : 3 x 6-8 reps
Barbell shrugs : 3 x 10 reps
Dumbell shrugs: 4 x failure

I also did some forearms a little to help with my grip, as I have difficulty holding the bar when I do barbell shrugs(235 lbs.)

I felt a pretty good feeling in the traps, and strenght is getting better everyday. I feel less sore today, maybe the purple wraath and ecdysten are starting to help with recovery.I also grabbed a AMP bottle at my local store to crank up workout intensity. The next workouts will be :fool2:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 13

Here we are for day 13. This is an off day, and I cant wait for tomorrow's AMP dose. I want to blast everything I got and will give you guys news of how it was. Till next time, :good:

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
sweeeet... cant wait to hear your feedback on AMP

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Just got one AMP this morning to waku me up, and I just feel the effects right away! Cant wait to take 2 pre-workout!!!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 14

I did some chest today. It felt awesome, and the AMP is the best stim. I have ever used. Seriously. No shakes whatsoever, and energy to sell. I pushed hard all the time, and will deserve a good punishement tomorrow hopefully ;)

I did:
Flat bench press machine 4 x 8-10 reps
Incline barbell press 4 x 8-10 reps
decline dmbell flyes 4 x 8-10 reps
Pulley for the chest (dont remember the name)4 x 8-10 reps

Leg raises 3 x 30 reps

Anyone has questions, feel free to post them, and will be a pleasure to answer!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
How are the DOMS?
The DOMS are not so bad for now. I can stand it. But I am gonna tell you how it feels in a couple days ;) I think Ecdysten is starting to kick in. Purple wraath is maybe a good help with the DOMS now. So I am trying to get the most out of it because if I suffer too much from DOMS, I won't be able to push as much. I have 3 bottles of Ecdysten now, so I will be able to finish x-factor, and then continue with ecdysten to finish in beauty ;)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
awesome!!! I'm gettin some AMP!
I am ordering some more, as I bought this one in my local shoppe for 64$CA , but on the net I can have it for 25$US. Well worth the wait, but I just couldn't wait for this one as I needed an extra boost. Well worth the bucks man. :thumbsup:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 15

Today, I did the best leg workout in a while. I am feeling great right now, but very tired. I did:

Leg extensions 4 x 8-10 reps
Sumo deads dumbell 4 x 8-10 reps
Leg curls 4 x 8-10 reps
Calves raises 3 x 50 reps + static (wow what a pump!)

That was a good workout and I was very focused. I feel better, and stronger. I am always hungry even when I feel bloated and I just finished my meal. 400 g protein just isnt enough? :rofl:
Love it so far. Will post weight at day 20

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I woke up this morning, with just a good feeling in the legs, some kind of pain that says: You did good work! , but at the same time, not the pain that makes you roll off your bed in the morning. I beleive the CM in Purple Wraath really makes a difference in the DOMS X-Factor will give me next.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to post diet..

Here it is:

Meal 1: 2/3 oats with 8 egg whites and 1 cup cottage
Meal 2: 3 scoops whey shake
Meal 3: 2-3 chicken breasts w. Brocolli
Meal 4: 3 scoops whey shake
Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese
Meal 6: (1/2 during 1/2 post)3 scoops whey, Purple Wraath, 2 scoops Gatorade
Meal 7: (1 1/2h after workout) 2-3 chicken breasts w. Brocolli
Meal 8: 3 scoops whey, or BSN lean dessert(not now, I am on x-factor)

That's about it.. Convenient, and easy to make. You can replace the breasts with other choices of lean meat, approx. 8 oz. will do it.

Good luck

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 16

This was an off day, and I had a nice meal with my father and friends. I was careful not to eat those EFA's but I think 1 every 15 days cant't harm me :) I am going to do some back and a little 30 min. cardio to make up for the cake I had for dessert(Brownie cheesecake HMMMMMMM) So I am feeling really good today, I did not overeat, and I am back on track this morning.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
dont you love those cheat days when when you can eat like that... on father's day I'm having my pa' over and we wil eat like KINGS. (My fiance' is making banana bread)

mmmmmm... banana bread

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
dont you love those cheat days when when you can eat like that... on father's day I'm having my pa' over and we wil eat like KINGS. (My fiance' is making banana bread)

mmmmmm... banana bread
Dude, that was the best cake I have ever had! So good. The restaurant makes like 20 kinds of cake and serves only desert. So good, makes me want to eat more. But we have to be reasonable. I was not feeling bloated yesterday. I was proud I did not exagerrate. I am soon going in the gym, got my ecdysten, and chewing my whey ;) waiting for 3:15, then:run: You're lucky some make food for you ;) I have to do it all for myself :)

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Dude, that was the best cake I have ever had! So good. The restaurant makes like 20 kinds of cake and serves only desert. So good, makes me want to eat more. But we have to be reasonable. I was not feeling bloated yesterday. I was proud I did not exagerrate. I am soon going in the gym, got my ecdysten, and chewing my whey ;) waiting for 3:15, then:run: You're lucky some make food for you ;) I have to do it all for myself :)

Oh dude, I wish she made food for me...she won't eat what I eat and needless to say I wont eat what she eats, but it's a mutual understanding. She thinks I'm crazy, but I dont hear any complaining when I'm in lean mode (I'm a few months away from that). She says "It's always the same food: chicken breasts, oatmeal, brown rice and beans...whaaa.. don't you get tired of that?".... to that I reply,"It's great, baby, just try it for a month... please" (that way maybe she'll cook for me)... it don't work

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
LOL. When you're ripped, they never complain. But that's a BBer's life I guess.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That reminds me so much of my girlfriend as well. When she first moved in with me, she started eating alot more similarly to what I do, and as a result dropped 5 pounds of fat without even trying. However, she since reverted to her more typical eating habits (i.e. Sweet tooth) and quickly added 4 of the 5 pounds back on. She really didn't like it when I said that I should just start eating the way she does and get fat for some reason.:food:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Is that avatar your ex-girlfriend? Oh lala. This makes my test levels rise instantly!!!LOL

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
yeah, my girl prefers yoga and cardio to weight training and I'v been trying for 2 years to ger her to come to the gym and keep a diet similar to mine... losing battle. dont get me wrong, she's got a fantastic body, I just think she would be happier with her fitness results if she weight trained and followed and high protein, low fat and low glycemic lifestyle. We were watching Blade Trinity the other night and she was impressed with Jessica Biel's arms and wanted arms like her. To that I replied, "Better pick up some weights" :study:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Is that avatar your ex-girlfriend? Oh lala. This makes my test levels rise instantly!!!LOL
LOL - MaxSilver's infamous avatar:)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
That avatar is the nicest ass I have ever seen. Seriously! :jaw:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 17

Ok, let's be serious now..I have felt the best pump ever today. I was going, pushin, pushing, and unstoppable quality reps were done today. I feel more focused with the AMP, not too sore with the Purple Wraath, and really pumped with Ecdysten and X-Factor. The cheat meal I had yesterday did not cause any harm at all, I even feel extremely rested and great!
I did:

BACK

Machine rows: Close grip 4 sets 8-10 reps
Wide-grip pull-downs : 4 sets 8-10 reps
Wide grip pull-downs behind neck 4 sets 8-10 + 1 set 15 reps low weight

TRICEPS

Skull crushers 4 sets 8-10 reps (That felt good!)
One arm overhead dumbell extension 4 x 8-10 reps
Hammer bar overhead extension 4 x 8-10 reps

A little bit of obliques(Side bent and crunches)

Very proud of this workout, and I just can't wait t'il tomorrow!

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering.

Has strength increased? You haven't posted any weights.

Where has your weight gone?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I was just wondering.

Has strength increased? You haven't posted any weights.

Where has your weight gone?
The reason I am not posting my weight is that I wanted to recover from the contest first of all, and secondly, I will post it at day 20, 30, 40 because I just feel like variations can be pretty big, even with a strict and consistent diet. I dont post the weights I push as I am not into "the stronger, the better". I am focusing on feeling the pain with pretty low weights. I can post them if you want, but don't be impressed ;) I feel that body composition has started to change though..

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 18

Ok, might as well write this day up

I did shoulders:
Barbell pull to chin close grip: 4 sets 8-10 reps
Barbell press behind neck: 4 sets 8-10 reps
Barbell Military press seated: 4 sets 8-10 reps

I felt my lats and triceps this morning as soon as I woke up. Smile on my face appeared immediately :) Pain tells me "Good job, keep it up ;)

There was a stupid dumbass at the gym today. He's been training like 3 months, had rough skin on his arms (had a shirt, so I don't know about his back) was buffed, looked like a bloated ballon, and when I left, he said "see you in May!" "Gonna win 1st place with no diet.." I was smiling. I have been training hard for 5 years, all natural, and the guy packed with m1t, probably don't even know what PCT means, (just a guess, can be another pro-hormone) tells me he will beat me just to make me upset? I smiled and didn't say a word. God I would have jumped on him. :twisted: Amp makes me more stressed in those situations. Maybe x-factor did a little in that, but I had an adrenaline rush combined with anger as he yelled that in the gym, and I never talked to him before. Canada is a great country, but they should tighten up laws for pro-hormone usage. Some stores even put those on the shelves! The sellers are not knowing what they are talking about, and I just hope he will end up with big tits on stage next year:icon_lol: Just makes me feel sick. Oh well, I know that I am the winner in this game, as I am proud of what I am and am doing this for myself.

I dont hate people who help themselves with hormones, but I just feel it makes them jerks who think they know everything, and should train without making others feel bad about themselves.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
yeah dude, there are stupid douche bags like that in every gym... don't let him make you angry. I'd bet both of my testicles that he's never stepped foot on stage and mont in may either.. He probably thinks that the people thet witnessed his mongo'esque behavior thought that he was tough, macho, cool, funny... whatever. They were probably thinking the same thing as you were... what a stupid fvcking douche bag!!! You did the right thing by turning the cheek and ignoring him, as hard as I know that was.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
It was hard indeed. Thanks for the encouragement ;) I dont need that. I train hard and deserve every gram I put on. I hope his boys shut down on him ;)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Ok. Had an Idea. Want to up the ecdysten to 9 a day. Have 2 bottles and 15 left from it. Opinions will decide. You have the opportunity to tell me what to do :thumbsup:

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to post diet..

Here it is:

Meal 1: 2/3 oats with 8 egg whites and 1 cup cottage
Meal 2: 3 scoops whey shake
Meal 3: 2-3 chicken breasts w. Brocolli
Meal 4: 3 scoops whey shake
Meal 5: 1 cup cottage cheese
Meal 6: (1/2 during 1/2 post)3 scoops whey, Purple Wraath, 2 scoops Gatorade
Meal 7: (1 1/2h after workout) 2-3 chicken breasts w. Brocolli
Meal 8: 3 scoops whey, or BSN lean dessert(not now, I am on x-factor)

That's about it.. Convenient, and easy to make. You can replace the breasts with other choices of lean meat, approx. 8 oz. will do it.

Good luck

Just a little constructive criticism. If you just got done with a competition, you need to stop eating like you're 10 weeks out. I think you need to substitute some of that protein for some carbs in order to start growing again. Just my .02

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Just a little constructive criticism. If you just got done with a competition, you need to stop eating like you're 10 weeks out. I think you need to substitute some of that protein for some carbs in order to start growing again. Just my .02
Well, I have 140g. carbs, 400 g. protein, and pretty low fat. I will up the calories gradually as I said before. I will up the carbs at day 20 by adding 2 fruits with the shakes. I might also add a cheestring with supper to get a little more fat. I am satisfied with all I eat, and we'll see how it goes, as I find it very easy to gain fat and my metabolism is very slow.

Thanks for the advice ;)

brickt.

Awards
How much do you weigh? 400g protein might be a bit much if not about 200lbs. I'd also up your fat intake ALOT. Fat is an incredibly important nutrient.

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Most of your carbs are from gatorade. And of course you are satisfied with what you eat- You have dieted for weeks to prepare for the show. Your body has adapted to living on high protein and low carbs. Right after a competition you have the biggest potential for a spurt in growth. Don't make the mistake alot of people make and deprive yourself of good carb intake/portion sizes. I can guarantee you that 3 scoops of whey at one time isn't going to good use.

\I find it very easy to gain fat and my metabolism is very slow.
In some cases, it is necessary to get a little out of shape in order to make the gains you want. Just keep that in mind.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Most of your carbs are from gatorade. And of course you are satisfied with what you eat- You have dieted for weeks to prepare for the show. Your body has adapted to living on high protein and low carbs. Right after a competition you have the biggest potential for a spurt in growth. Don't make the mistake alot of people make and deprive yourself of good carb intake/portion sizes. I can guarantee you that 3 scoops of whey at one time isn't going to good use.

In some cases, it is necessary to get a little out of shape in order to make the gains you want. Just keep that in mind.
You're right. But it's summer, and I just want to be careful as I know myself, and my level of activity is low. I am sitting on my chair 40 hrs. a week. and go to the gym. I just want to up gradually.. I will adjust the calories in a couple days. I will let you know what I added ;)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
DAY 19

This was an off day. Diet is still strict and consistent. I am extremely sore everywhere and want to sleep. Good night!

theshocker21

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, I just want to let you know that I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything. Just putting in my two cents. I pretty sure you understand that. Bodybuilding is tough for endo's.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hey man, I just want to let you know that I'm not trying to bust your balls or anything. Just putting in my two cents. I pretty sure you understand that. Bodybuilding is tough for endo's.
I understand. Thanks for your comments, as everything counts. I know that some tweaks are to be made. But I am like a scientist, but the rat is me. I am adjusting to what feels the best solution. Tomorrow morning, I will post my weight, and see what I can change. I am thinking of adding cheese, and 2 fruits more a day. I think gradual increase of calories will be better as I dont want to do like Lee priest ;) (Almost impossible to lose fat that fast without illicit substances)

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey jjohn how's it going man?

I was just checking our your journal, you know...looking thru it and I had a question:

How much water a day do you drink? A gallon? Two?

The reason I ask for this is because I have a buddy who is running a cycle of this X-factor right now and he suffered from minor headaches during the middle of the night and such and he noticed that when he upped his water to two gallons, all of it went away.

Just wanted to give you the heads up ahead of time if you haven't already done it. I'm sure you know this already though, I wouldn't want to insult your intelligence as a lifter.

Good journal you got here. I think you should post up some numbers:thumbsup:

I myself am no powerlifter so I can relate when you warn people about not being impressed with numbers. Just a thought...well keep on pushing!

Take it easy brother. I'll stick around if thats okay with you:D

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Hey jjohn how's it going man?

I was just checking our your journal, you know...looking thru it and I had a question:

How much water a day do you drink? A gallon? Two?

The reason I ask for this is because I have a buddy who is running a cycle of this X-factor right now and he suffered from minor headaches during the middle of the night and such and he noticed that when he upped his water to two gallons, all of it went away.

Just wanted to give you the heads up ahead of time if you haven't already done it. I'm sure you know this already though, I wouldn't want to insult your intelligence as a lifter.

Good journal you got here. I think you should post up some numbers:thumbsup:

I myself am no powerlifter so I can relate when you warn people about not being impressed with numbers. Just a thought...well keep on pushing!

Take it easy brother. I'll stick around if thats okay with you:D
Thanks for the kind words! I have not suffered from headaches, as I drink a lot of water. I created my own system: Everytime I urinate, I drink 25 sips of water at work(fountain), so this way, I am always hydrated, go often, and don't have to worry about hydration. Thanks for telling me, as I know a lot of people are reading that, and could find the tip very useful. And you stick around, and wherever you want mate ;)