Celery Seed Extract

FOCUS

Board Supporter
Awards
I recently had some slight blood pressure issues from my current supplement cycle. While the symptoms of it were mild, any symptoms at all of this nature I do not take lightly.I have never experienced BP issues on any other supps or in general so I do not regularly take Hawthorne for this.

I bought Celery seed extract from a local vitamin shoppe (thier brand) and took 1500 mg (dosage on the label). I noticed signifigant relief from symptoms within hours. I have contiued this 1500 mg dose three times daily now for six days and have had no further symptoms, even with the raising of dosage of my cycle. Think I'll be adding this to my cycles from now on :thumbsup:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's great stuff for BP, has pain killing, anti-inflammatory and vasodialting properties as well.

There's an old thread on it around here somewhere.

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of trying it, but I heard it makes you pee a lot? Any truth to that?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Supposedly it is a mild diuretic but I haven't noticed anything.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
very mild diuretic. The mechanism of action is relaxation of the smooth muscle fiber around blood vessels. It works very well. Just be certain to get one with a high 3nB content like this

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
very mild diuretic. The mechanism of action is relaxation of the smooth muscle fiber around blood vessels. It works very well. Just be certain to get one with a high 3nB content like this
I've been using that brand for almost a month now, 2 caps twice a day.
It's had little to no effect on my bp.

EdgeCobra

Awards
FOCUS-

What were the symptons of the HBP ? I think I had
similar issues, which Cel Seed seemed to help, but I'm not sure as i never had it checked.
I'm close to your age as well.

FOCUS

Board Supporter
Awards
Symptoms

The symptoms I was having were slight flush in the face, a feeling of pressure in and around eyes, and headaches..

Boss_K

Awards
  • Established
I've never tried it but Twin Lab's Blood Pressue Control supposidly works real good.

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
FOCUS-

What were the symptons of the HBP ? I think I had
similar issues, which Cel Seed seemed to help, but I'm not sure as i never had it checked.
I'm close to your age as well.
No symtoms, I get it checked once a week by paramedics a block from my house (they do free checks every Tuesday) :thumbsup: .
With or without the celery extract it read 148/90.

With hawthorne berry I was able to get it down to 122/76.
I'll be ordering more hawthorne berry.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
No symtoms, I get it checked once a week by paramedics a block from my house (they do free checks every Tuesday) :thumbsup: .
With or without the celery extract it read 148/90.

With hawthorne berry I was able to get it down to 122/76.
I'll be ordering more hawthorne berry.

Everyone is different. Hawthorn berry did nothing for me but CS and c12 peptides worked great for me. I switch between the two.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Aren't there a few different causes for high BP? If so, that may explain why different things work for different people.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking hawthorn berry and celery seed for about 4 months now and it didn't help but started twinlabs bp control 1 week ago and it works great so far.

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
Just ordered some twinlabs bp control to see how that works.

Space

Space

Awards
  • Established
Celery seed extract contains goitrins; naturally occuring compounds similar to drugs used to treat hyperthyroidism (such as thiouracil). There have been numerous cases of patients with stabilised thyroid conditions (hypothyroidism) relapsing after taking celery seed extract preparations to treat unrelated conditions such as arthritis or fluid retention. By saying this I am not stipulating that taking celery seed extract may precipitate a chronic hypothyroid condition but making people aware that celery seed extract preparations decrease your metabolism which may decrease anabolism and increase fat gain.

MadJimF

MadJimF

Awards
  • Established
Very good information, I was getting ready to buy some, but I found something called Peptace, it's fish protien peptides, and it works just like an ace inhibitor, I've been on it for 1 week and seeing great results...

Celery seed extract contains goitrins; naturally occuring compounds similar to drugs used to treat hyperthyroidism (such as thiouracil). There have been numerous cases of patients with stabilised thyroid conditions (hypothyroidism) relapsing after taking celery seed extract preparations to treat unrelated conditions such as arthritis or fluid retention. By saying this I am not stipulating that taking celery seed extract may precipitate a chronic hypothyroid condition but making people aware that celery seed extract preparations decrease your metabolism which may decrease anabolism and increase fat gain.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i've researched celery seed and used it w/ greatsuccess in lowering blood pressure but this is the 1st info i got that may produce some negatives. do you have any studies that show that celery can decrease the metabolism?

FOCUS

Board Supporter
Awards
Clarification

I'm a little bit confused. This : http://www.nutraplanet.com/product_info.php?products_id=592 says 75mg per cap, serving size = 1 cap. 85% of that 75mg is 3nB...

FOCUS, you report taking 1500mg 3x daily. You mean a WHOLE BOTTLE of this stuff every day? I have this and have been dosing, with little effect. Potassium chloride seems more effective.
What I purchased was capped celery seed, not an extract, which is why the dosage difference. All apologies for any confusion

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i find that its cheaper just buying the whole herb (about $5) and in this case you would use 1 tsp. tid to get the proper amount of 3nb. when i'm on-cycle w/o celery seed my bp is around 160/100 but w/ celery seed and dandelion leaf-its a good diuretic/lowers bp-my bp is around 125/68. these 2 herbs make a huge difference.

WhutEvr

Awards
  • Established
SJA, thanks for the heads up on the C12.
Been taking it since Thursday morning and bp is down 10pts.:woohoo:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ill second C12 - by BP was high due to water retention on a 1test/4AD cycle and C12 brought it down to normal within days. Wish I could find the stuff in bulk!:)

BV

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll second the C-12, I used the Twinlab BP Control and noticed good results but it's about 10-15 days worth for around 20 bucks, yikes. And that's at online discounts.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
145/96 whilst taking hawthorn and celery and now 130/78 when added c-12 to that mix. Also I pay only 15$, not 20$ :)

simpleton

Banned
Awards
I recently had some slight blood pressure issues from my current supplement cycle. While the symptoms of it were mild, any symptoms at all of this nature I do not take lightly.I have never experienced BP issues on any other supps or in general so I do not regularly take Hawthorne for this.

I bought Celery seed extract from a local vitamin shoppe (thier brand) and took 1500 mg (dosage on the label). I noticed signifigant relief from symptoms within hours. I have contiued this 1500 mg dose three times daily now for six days and have had no further symptoms, even with the raising of dosage of my cycle. Think I'll be adding this to my cycles from now on :thumbsup:
dude, i don't mean to sound like a f4g or anything, but does that celery seed extract increase your loads? hahah i read somewhere that eating celery makes you nut like peter north. whew okay im done