VECTOR AND A YOUNG BUCK

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Starting my first run of vector. below I will list what I will be doing on a daily basis, while running vector and also will upload pics.

I will be working out 3x a week and 3-3 1/2 hour sessions each day I'm lifting. My calories will range from 3000-3500 calories a day. This log is not going to be scrutinous. Very basic but will still be reliable and accurate. My meals will consist of the same thing day in and day out. Sleep will be from 7 to 9 hours a night. On workout days I will take Vector 30 minutes before entering the gym and in between leaving the gym and going to bed.

Foods I will be eating
800 calorie Mass Gainer Shake 50 g of protein raw eggs
Jasmine rice and lots of it
Broccoli onions green onions kale
Coffee milk orange juice
Steak fish chicken

This is day two of vector

Day one I worked chest and tries and abbs

Day two I walked some hills and rested

Will not upload pics it information daily only weekly but will give you a rough go around for the week
Starting pics 172lbs
Screenshot_20181120-225737.jpeg
Screenshot_20181120-223803.jpeg
Screenshot_20181120-223235.jpeg

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
:Following!:

:afro:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Starting my first run of vector. below I will list what I will be doing on a daily basis, while running vector and also will upload pics.

I will be working out 3x a week and 3-3 1/2 hour sessions each day I'm lifting. My calories will range from 3000-3500 calories a day. This log is not going to be scrutinous. Very basic but will still be reliable and accurate. My meals will consist of the same thing day in and day out. Sleep will be from 7 to 9 hours a night. On workout days I will take Vector 30 minutes before entering the gym and in between leaving the gym and going to bed.

Foods I will be eating
800 calorie Mass Gainer Shake 50 g of protein raw eggs
Jasmine rice and lots of it
Broccoli onions green onions kale
Coffee milk orange juice
Steak fish chicken

This is day two of vector

Day one I worked chest and tries and abbs

Day two I walked some hills and rested

Will not upload pics it information daily only weekly but will give you a rough go around for the week
Starting pics 172lbs
View attachment 174726View attachment 174727View attachment 174728
Your saying you workout for 3 1/2 hours each day when you train???

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Your saying you workout for 3 1/2 hours each day when you train???
3-31/2 hours lots of abbs and lots of sets with really heavy reps and some rest time in-between rest and sets I'm not pumping iron 100% of the time I'm there I used to work out fine-six days a week 11/2 hour - 2 now I'm working out three times a week in just increasing everything to compensate.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
3-31/2 hours lots of abbs and lots of sets with really heavy reps and some rest time in-between rest and sets I'm not pumping iron 100% of the time I'm there I used to work out fine-six days a week 11/2 hour - 2 now I'm working out three times a week in just increasing everything to compensate.
If you are in the gym for that long I hate to burst your bubble.
Either 1) Your intensity sucks 2) your program is garbage and 3) You taking way too long between sets

If you cant get a good workout in 60-90 minutes and walk out of there with a great mind muscle connection, pump, and stimulating the muscle properly you are not training efficiently.
More is not always better that applies to everything in life (Diet, training, nutrition, cardio)

That is the biggest downfall many trainees have --> More time in the gym = more gains and more progress
tahts actually incorrect.

If you cant get a good workout in 16-20 sets or even less (pending program) you are not training with proper intensity.
Hell I have had some of my best gains training with 8-10 sets off a DC type program pushing to absolute true failure which 99% of trainees don't have a clue what that is.

My 2 cents for you. You are wasting your time doing way too much and in the gym for too long. You could cut your time in the gym in half, focus on more QUALITY > QUANTITY and walk away with 3x the gains.

A good program for you:
5/3/1
Lyle's Generic Bulking Routine
a basic Upper/Lower Routine (westside for skinny bastard)

Something simple, focusing on the compounds, and beating the log book.

I agree with justhere4comm skip the gainer shakes. You need food, and dialing in your diet. Keep that consistent your whole log and that alone will take you VERY Far.

Whole foods >>>>>> Watered down cheap sources of fats/carbs in a gainer shake. You are basically drinking sugar and low grade fats with whey protein. Just whey a basic whey or whey blend.

Foods I will be eating
Whole Eggs, Steak, Chicken Thighs, 90/10 Turkey, Whole Milk, Whey Protein
Jasmine Rice, Garnola, Trail Mix, Cereal's, English Muffins, Bagels, Banana's, Honey, Cream of Rice, Cream of Wheat, Rice Cakes
Green Beans / Asparagus / Salad
Coffee, Milk, Orange Juice, Pomegrante Juice, Pineapple Juice
Nut Butters, Avacado, MCT Oil, Olive Oil

Change your sources to above ^^^^ You need a lot more variety and drop the broccoli its a very gassy vegetable. Stick away from it due to FODMAP. Go to the store and start buying more groceries

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're spending far too much time in the gym. 1 to maybe 1.5 hours.
If you can't get any routine in that time, you're doing too many sets / reps for a bulk and too much rest.

I can do my entire routine in 40 minutes, and that's a 3 on 1 off..
You want to add muscle, not run a marathon my man.

Take a log / notepad on your phone.
What program is this you're on?

Mass gainer shakes are not needed for you. Let's consider long term qulity gains.
You'll get yourself a great base to work from.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Either 1) Your intensity sucks 2) your program is garbage and 3) You taking way too long between sets

If you cant get a good workout in 60-90 minutes and walk out of there with a great mind muscle connection, pump, and stimulating the muscle properly you are not training efficiently.
More is not always better that applies to everything in life (Diet, training, nutrition, cardio)

That is the biggest downfall many trainees have --> More time in the gym = more gains and more progress

If you cant get a good workout in 16-20 sets or even less (pending program) you are not training with proper intensity.
Hell I have had some of my best gains training with 8-10 sets off a DC type program pushing to absolute true failure which 99% of trainees don't have a clue what that is.

My 2 cents for you. You are wasting your time doing way too much and in the gym for too long. You could cut your time in the gym in half, focus on more QUALITY > QUANTITY and walk away with 3x the gains.

A good program for you:
5/3/1

I agree with justhere4comm skip the gainer shakes. You need food, and dialing in your diet. Keep that consistent your whole log and that alone will take you VERY Far.

Whole foods >>>>>> Watered down cheap sources of fats/carbs in a gainer shake. You are basically drinking sugar and low grade fats with whey protein. Just whey a basic whey or whey blend.

Foods I will be eating
Jasmine Rice, Garnola, Trail Mix, Cereal's, English Muffins, Bagels, Banana's, Honey, Cream of Rice, Cream of Wheat, Rice Cakes

Change your sources to above ^^^^ You need a lot more variety and drop the broccoli its a very gassy vegetable. Stick away from it due to FODMAP. Go to the store and start buying more groceries
Yes you are right pleas inform me on this DC training program

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established

A good program for you:
5/3/1

Foods I will be eating

Yeah when I workout I do work out till falure and make sure i get a enourmous pump from it kinda beyond a pump untill my skins tight and I can barely use the muscles I've worked. for example this is what I've just started doing btw the first two months I worked out from one hour to two usually two on Wednesdays cause I did shoulders and legs. But now mondays will be incline low incline flatbench and two angles of decline. With variations of cables flys and machine flys. Trieceps aren't as intense because I've worked them with my pushing excersise so I go light with a little more reps I do vbad pushdowns rope pushdowns one arm rope pushdowns kick backs skull crushers and close grip bench focusing on my tries. I go up in weight every week and gain weight also endurances I've been loosing definition lately but that is because my intake is so high but for gaining weight and streangth I'm more than open to any suggestions and ideas and will apply them some of you all been doing this longer than me so I'm all ears guys constructive criticism is awesome lol

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Yeah when I workout I do work out till falure and make sure i get a enourmous pump from it kinda beyond a pump untill my skins tight and I can barely use the muscles I've worked. for example this is what I've just started doing btw the first two months I worked out from one hour to two usually two on Wednesdays cause I did shoulders and legs. But now mondays will be incline low incline flatbench and two angles of decline. With variations of cables flys and machine flys. Trieceps aren't as intense because I've worked them with my pushing excersise so I go light with a little more reps I do vbad pushdowns rope pushdowns one arm rope pushdowns kick backs skull crushers and close grip bench focusing on my tries. I go up in weight every week and gain weight also endurances I've been loosing definition lately but that is because my intake is so high but for gaining weight and streangth I'm more than open to any suggestions and ideas and will apply them some of you all been doing this longer than me so I'm all ears guys constructive criticism is awesome lol
Plus Im going to be doin alot of abbs I mean a **** tone over two hundred or at least two hundred reps of abbs

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Plus Im going to be doin alot of abbs I mean a **** tone over two hundred or at least two hundred reps of abbs
Abs are made in the kitchen first. You're bulking on top of it. Ease up on the sh*t ton of ab work. You're burning glycogen that's better off used for your major muscle groups. Light warm up, hit the big groups, depleting your glycogen happens fast. 2 hours of sustained exercise maybe, and that also has to depend on intensity. By surpassing this, if you do, you're harming potential growth by oxidative stress and lessening rest recoup phase.

This is a science, but it doesn't have to be difficult.
Do less, more intense, get out. Recoup enough for the next time in the gym.
You grow at night while you sleep / rest / reset / recoup.
Maximise youre down time. Do less than you are and grow more is the message.

Look at the programming spoke to by The Solution
Become a student of your body and how things you put in it interact or don't.

You'll be great.
I'm sure a lot of poeple will pop in to offer their expert advice.

City Boy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah agree with this also about mass gainer shakes there just full of sugar its easy to make them yourself with quality ingredients for example
Whey Protein
Banana
Almond Butter
Whole milk
Oat Flour
Blend together bingo

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Abs are made in the kitchen first. You're bulking on top of it. Ease up on the sh*t ton of ab work. You're burning glycogen that's better off used for your major muscle groups. Light warm up, hit the big groups, depleting your glycogen happens fast. 2 hours of sustained exercise maybe, and that also has to depend on intensity. By surpassing this, if you do, you're harming potential growth by oxidative stress and lessening rest recoup phase.

This is a science, but it doesn't have to be difficult.
Do less, more intense, get out. Recoup enough for the next time in the gym.
You grow at night while you sleep / rest / reset / recoup.
Maximise youre down time. Do less than you are and grow more is the message.

Look at the programming spoke to by The Solution
Become a student of your body and how things you put in it interact or don't.

You'll be great.
I'm sure a lot of poeple will pop in to offer their expert advice.

Thanks guys I'll get back into the books and take all of this info and utilize it for me new training reading the DC training trying to incorporate and understand it what you all are saying makes perfect sense thanks for the help and the people who have out there time to inform me!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Absolutely 0 reason to do this.
Waste of time.
Learn to deadlifts, squat, and do weighted pull-ups

Those are the best ab builders

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah when I workout I do work out till falurel
If you can train to failure for 3 hours you must have the CNS Of a god.
Not even IFBB Pro's who take enough injectables to blow up your organs can train or recover that well

I can 100% Guarentee you this and I am not trying to be a prick, but you train way under your potential. I am just gonna be real with you here.
I bet I could put you through 4-5 sets (total sets) in about 30-45 minutes and have you lying on the floor smoked.

No regular trainee understands what true failure is until you are pushed or put through it. Most will no go that far on their own due to injury prevention.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well, it is always nice to see a newer guy receptive to feedback.

I can’t add more value then what Bob already sent you, but I would suggest really delving into the links he sent then doing further research on your own

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Just to recap my goal is gaining weight and strength also 8 weeks if I see results 16 but I doubt I will do 16
Ok, it will parmaount to put on body weight - got to drink lots of water and eat in enough of a surplus. Long workouts (excess un-needed calorie burning) will kill your ability to gain weight (and recover). I would aim for 1 lb a week. Vector will work well in this enviroment.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Day three
Drank one cup coffee two tablespoons raw local honey 6 eggs an 1 cup rice took 3 pills of vector

wen to the gym cut my workout in half as suggest too one hour worked my legs

hip press squats leg extensions and leg curls calf raises and a excersise where I attach a resistant band to a machine hook it around the front of my foot and curl my foot towards my knee did some ran for 12 mph n intervals of 30 seconds did that 4 times rested in between. Hanging leg raises went home will continue to eat and recover today go to bed early to rest

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Day three
Drank one cup coffee two tablespoons raw local honey 6 eggs an 1 cup rice took 3 pills of vector

hip press squats leg extensions and leg curls calf raises and a excersise where I attach a resistant band to a machine hook it around the front of my foot and curl my foot towards my knee did some ran for 12 mph n intervals of 30 seconds did that 4 times rested in between. Hanging leg raises went home will continue to eat and recover today go to bed early to rest
Will take my other pills and probably 3 or 4 hours

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you eating in a large surplus as it appears you are? If so how will you really quantify how Vector is actually working vs. just gaining from food?

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Are you eating in a large surplus as it appears you are? If so how will you really quantify how Vector is actually working vs. just gaining from food?
Well if I'm not gaining weight or streangth or endurance at a faster rate then I have been the past two months then I can say vector is giving me an edge. If I'm gaining more weight than normal putting up more weight than normal and my endurances is increasing more than normal and the only thing I've changed about my life style is taking vector then I think it would be safe to say that it because of vector? Anyone have any input on this? More than all ears

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
That's a good question though

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exactly, if you don't already know your macros or what X surplus does to you personally you don't really have a good baseline for a sup. You're just throwing a bunch of intangibles together and conclusions will be skewed.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, if you don't already know your macros or what X surplus does to you personally you don't really have a good baseline for a sup. You're just throwing a bunch of intangibles together and conclusions will be skewed.
Well if I'm lifting x amount of weight in x amount of time eating x amount of food. Then add x supplement that says it's supposed to do a certain thing. In x amount of time if my weight doesn't increases greater than what normally happens and my strength increase doesn't increase more than it regualry dose in x amount of time. Then x surplus isn't doing what's it says it supposed to. so let's say I gain 5lbs of strength on my big lifts like bench. In two months if my bench increases twenty lbs then the next two months I'm on sup x and my bench still only increases twenty lbs has sup x done anything for me?

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
But ik my calories carbs and protein intake. I eat the same foods everyday might add a different kind of fruit here and there but always read and count what I'm eatting

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Finished of day three but taking my vector eating salmon and mashed potatoes

Mackerel and rice
Chicken and lightly fried rice before I go to bed

I'll eat rice noodles with beef onion and cilantro this is the only thing I don't eat on daily basis.
Took animal vitamin pak as well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Finished of day three but taking my vector eating salmon and mashed potatoes

Mackerel and rice
Chicken and lightly fried rice before I go to bed

I'll eat rice noodles with beef onion and cilantro this is the only thing I don't eat on daily basis.
Took animal vitamin pak as well.
I like the ingredient profile of animal pak but can't take having to force all those pills down.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If your routine lifting routine has changed per some members advice, and you work out in less time, with more intensity, it may be difficult to determine what Vector is doing. You have changed a huge variable. Now if you normally eat a surplus, and it adds fat to your frame, and whilst including Vector, fat begins to come off while in a surplus, it could be the Vector, it could be the change in training intensity, it could be a combo.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
If your routine lifting routine has changed per some members advice, and you work out in less time, with more intensity, it may be difficult to determine what Vector is doing. You have changed a huge variable. Now if you normally eat a surplus, and it adds fat to your frame, and whilst including Vector, fat begins to come off while in a surplus, it could be the Vector, it could be the change in training intensity, it could be a combo.
I understand and yes your right butMonday I did what I said I was going to do from the beginning three to three and a half hours of working out. Tuesday was a rest day. And in between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning a couple of well credited members one of which was The Solution told me that I am basically doing squat diddly s*** by over doing my workouts. So one day differing from two months worth of working out. Is not going to change the results of this log in my opinion I don't see why it would considering it is a one day and the rest of the one month and 3 weeks plus a few days will be consistent from here on out if I'm going to try this product and log it I at least want my workouts to be as effective as possible. Yet again I understand what you were saying and yes you are right. Anyone who has any other information to input on this or has any advice please let me know thank you for your alls time

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Got a big day ahead of me Thanksgiving and all got to see a lot of family and wrangle a lot of kids so I will be updating my log at the end of the day sorry for the inconvenience

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Working out for 3 hours at a submax training intensity and spinning his wheels
Not optimal.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Eat,Eat,do more Compound Movements,proper recovery and Patience.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eat,Eat,do more Compound Movements,proper recovery and Patience.
Every time I cut out - bench,ohp,deadlift,squat I get smaller. I have a bad back due to a bad car accident so I gotta be careful and once it starts hurting I cut them out and use hammer strength machines only for a month or 2 and it sucks. They are great for accessory but not as main lifts

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In like flinn.
I would squat 3xs a week if I was you. That builds a core.
Deadlift 2xs a week. That builds a core..
But I'm looking forward to seeing you grow.
3 hours is too long in the gym. You grow at the dinner table and when you sleep.
Trade in 2 hours in the gym for an extra 2 hours of sleep.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
In like flinn.
I would squat 3xs a week if I was you. That builds a core.
Deadlift 2xs a week. That builds a core..
But I'm looking forward to seeing you grow.
3 hours is too long in the gym. You grow at the dinner table and when you sleep.
Trade in 2 hours in the gym for an extra 2 hours of sleep.
Yeah that is what I will be doing an or a few minutes I've at Max got the rest of my log coming later still been on the run! Between my family and my wife's I'm glad today's a rest day cause I would be hitting the gym late today. And thanks for the input Cgkone every bit of info helps hope everyone's thanksgiving is going great!

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
Day 4 rest day

For breakfast I had one cup of coffee 2 tablespoons honey 4 raw eggs jasmine rice assorted berries and two pieces of toast not the best choice of my carbs but oh well took my Vector 3 pills

Later on that day I had drum roll please..... Turkey of course
mashed potatoes
Assorted veggies
One vitamin Animal Pak

A leftovers from all of our suppers we had to go to which consisted which consisted of turkey small portion of broccoli casserole it had a lot of cheese in it and assorted vegetables

Right now I'm about to eat the rest of the leftovers that my grandparents and my wife's grandparents
We're generous enough to give us heaping portions of. Just got home not too long ago so taking the rest of my vector.

Between wrestling kids and carrying a car seat with a heavy infant all day I don't see how today was a rest day I swear putting that car seat into the car is one of the most difficult techniques and
Maneuvering I have ever done of any lift in my entire life.staying up for a little while to hear the comments while I eat if anybody replies it's pretty late and I'm pretty f****** tired as well about ready to take my full happy ass to bed. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

117codyawebb

117codyawebb

Awards
  • Established
A late day 5 late
Gymday
(yesterday/friday)

Woke up ate 4 eggs 2 cups rice amp wheyabolic 30g protien shake and took my vector went to the gym.

Got home got ready for more distant family dinners headed out
Ate turkey mashed potatoes carrots small chunk of extra fat portioned ham

Later I ate the same thing minus the piece of ham

Next dinner they had steaks cooked I have no idea why at all because there wasn't a turkey and kind of through me off but had one 6 oz steak and a huge loaded baked potatoes took vector

Headed home which was late as **** my phone was dead and I was so tired I ate 2 cans of tuna an animal pak and rice.

Forgot to put me phone on charge put kids to bed and crashed..

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Day 4 rest day

For breakfast I had one cup of coffee 2 tablespoons honey 4 raw eggs jasmine rice assorted berries and two pieces of toast not the best choice of my carbs but oh well took my Vector 3 pills

Later on that day I had drum roll please..... Turkey of course
mashed potatoes
Assorted veggies
One vitamin Animal Pak

A leftovers from all of our suppers we had to go to which consisted which consisted of turkey small portion of broccoli casserole it had a lot of cheese in it and assorted vegetables

Right now I'm about to eat the rest of the leftovers that my grandparents and my wife's grandparents
We're generous enough to give us heaping portions of. Just got home not too long ago so taking the rest of my vector.

Between wrestling kids and carrying a car seat with a heavy infant all day I don't see how today was a rest day I swear putting that car seat into the car is one of the most difficult techniques and
Maneuvering I have ever done of any lift in my entire life.staying up for a little while to hear the comments while I eat if anybody replies it's pretty late and I'm pretty f****** tired as well about ready to take my full happy ass to bed. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.
Why raw eggs? I highly advise against this

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day three

If you cut your workout in half, you’re going to see benefits from this alone. Calorie expenditure is less = bigger surplus than you originally thought.

This log is all over the place, man.