Katís log on Iron Legionís Invictus Lavender

Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by Humble View Post
    Subbed!
    Thanks for joining!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Ugh your Leg Days lol
    Haha says the guy with insane leg days...
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29

2. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    Any chance @MrKleen73 and I could get a video of this being applied? Just to make sure you're getting it on evenly and to see for ourselves how easily it actually goes on. You know, coaching stuff and all.
    My man!
    Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Forgot to share dinner last night... chicken n cheese stuffed poblanos

Attachment 172351
    Yum!

You know I am in!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html
    •   

3. Late, but here !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL
    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM

Use Code 'Rocket5' for 5% off at FeFiFo.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    My man! Yum!

You know I am in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    Late, but here !!
    Bout time jkn glad you made it!
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29
  5. Katís log on Iron Legionís Invictus Lavender

Day 4 applied about 9 last night and 5:45 this morning.

No lifting today only 30 mins of fasted cardio. My legs actually pretty sore today! Otherwise or much to report yet.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    My man!
    You get that video yet? I think she must have thought I was teasing or something! Lol!
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

7. In! (and not dead)
    "At the water's edge, I bowed my head to drink, only to drown.
    Retrace, then return. Time won't take us back.""

8. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    You get that video yet? I think she must have thought I was teasing or something! Lol!
    You didnít get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    In! (and not dead)
    What??!! You are alive after all! Howís life been treating you?

9. Hope everyone survived or is surviving the hurricane! Was just a bad storm here. Just a little flooding here and there. Kids were out of school but we still worked.

After a few suggestions on Invictus, I will be applying earlier in the evening and post workout from here out. Although, I am a fairly easy going/relaxed person, I can tell Iím less stressed/donít get as worked up about things that would typically bother me. I have been sleeping very soundly as well. Overall inflammation seems
    To be improving a little as well.

Todayís workout was great! Went up on a few of the lifts.

Upper body day #2

Giant set 1 12 mins
    *as many rounds as possible*
    Db flat bench 50x6
    Single Db Rows 65x8
    Plank 30 secs
    1 min rest
    -made it 4 rounds

Giant set 2 12 mins
    Db shoulder press 35x10
    Wide pull-ups 8 (lightest band)
    Hanging leg raises 10
    1 min rest
    - made it 4.5 rounds

Giant set 3 10 mins
    Db Side lateral raises 10x15
    Db Reverse lateral raises 10x12
    Db overhead extensions 15x12
    Db curls 15x12
    30 secs rest
    - lost count

Finished with 25 mins cardio

10. In for this
    http://juggernautsupps.com Code Frey10 .
    Mr. Supps Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com 10% off
    Iconic Formulations and Iron Legion Code Chef

11. can't believe I missed this for so many days...I'm in! Thanks Kat!
    Iron Legion Rep - use code DELSOL to save 25% at Iron-Legion.com

Iconic Formulations Rep - use code DELSOL to save 25% at IconicFormulations.com

12. Lavender oil is a known endocrine disruptor. No idea why someone would put this in a supplement.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0318144856.htm

Cortisol is a beneficial hormone and a potent anti inflammatory so I really don't understand why people are bent on lowering it. It is helping your body respond to stress.

You'd want to reduce the stressor, not your body's hormonal response to the stressor.

13. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    You didnít get it?

What??!! You are alive after all! Howís life been treating you?
    It's good. Busy! New city, new house, baby, promotion at work, longer commute. It's been very busy. I've tried to stay consistent in the gym with 4 days per week (all I can manage), but my online presence has clearly suffered.
    "At the water's edge, I bowed my head to drink, only to drown.
    Retrace, then return. Time won't take us back.""

14. Quote Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Lavender oil is a known endocrine disruptor. No idea why someone would put this in a supplement.

Cortisol is a beneficial hormone and a potent anti inflammatory so I really don't understand why people are bent on lowering it. It is helping your body respond to stress.

You'd want to reduce the stressor, not your body's hormonal response to the stressor.
    @delsolrob Would be able to answer that best.
    http://juggernautsupps.com Code Frey10 .
    Mr. Supps Code AM10 www.mrsupps.com 10% off
    Iconic Formulations and Iron Legion Code Chef

15. Quote Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Lavender oil is a known endocrine disruptor. No idea why someone would put this in a supplement.

The study is talking about the effects on prepubescent boys. I don't think any of us are prepubescent boys on here....might talk like it sometimes though. The bottle of Invictus that Kat is using is for women because the Invictus for men has cedarwood instead of lavender.
    As for control of the stressors compared to the control of cortisol, do you not take a fever reducing medicine when you have a fever? The fever is there to help you get better but if it gets too high, it needs to be controlled. Relieving the stressors is way easier said than done. To alleviate this, we take things to keep our bodies from producing too much cortisol which leads to all sorts of problems. Weight gain and muscle fatigue are probably the main things that this group are concerned about but the lowered blood pressure and other benefits are also welcome. While most of our bodies do a fantastic job of keeping homeostasis on a normal basis, when we start lifting heavy or often and adding in other supplements, our bodies don't always keep up.
    Jeremiah 29:11-14

16. Quote Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post

yes, lavender is not ideal for men. We created Invictus Lavender Edition for women. Invictus has become extremely popular with the ladies and the cederwood in the original product (for men) can cause complications with menstrual cycles (not to mention, most women are not fans of wearing cedar wood and cypress as a scent)...and has risks for women who are pregnant, or may be pregnant. If you're familiar, cedar wood is also used as an emmenagogue. We beta tested a few scents for women and lavender was a favorite among our beta testers and was also beneficial for it's calming effect.

There is no doubt that cortisol is a beneficial hormone and has necessary functions, but it may also be a hinderance to many goals.

The funny thing about stressors, your body doesn't know the difference between elevated cortisol cause by: a lion chasing you, work stress, relationship stress, fitness training (stress on the body), restricted carb diets, restricted calorie diets, stimulants like caffeine, etc...life. We live in an all the time society and are surrounded by stress, and we subject ourselves to greater and greater degrees of stress.

Invictus is a tool to help you manage the impacts of stress.
    Iron Legion Rep - use code DELSOL to save 25% at Iron-Legion.com

Iconic Formulations Rep - use code DELSOL to save 25% at IconicFormulations.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    yes, lavender is not ideal for men. We created Invictus Lavender Edition for women. Invictus has become extremely popular with the ladies and the cederwood in the original product (for men) can cause complications with menstrual cycles (not to mention, most women are not fans of wearing cedar wood and cypress as a scent)...and has risks for women who are pregnant, or may be pregnant. If you're familiar, cedar wood is also used as an emmenagogue. We beta tested a few scents for women and lavender was a favorite among our beta testers and was also beneficial for it's calming effect.

There is no doubt that cortisol is a beneficial hormone and has necessary functions, but it may also be a hinderance to many goals.

The funny thing about stressors, your body doesn't know the difference between elevated cortisol cause by: a lion chasing you, work stress, relationship stress, fitness training (stress on the body), restricted carb diets, restricted calorie diets, stimulants like caffeine, etc...life. We live in an all the time society and are surrounded by stress, and we subject ourselves to greater and greater degrees of stress.

Sound reasoning !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

18. Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post

lets put some emphasis on stimulants increasing cortisol...lets face it most guys and gals on this forum use stimulants well above what would be considered 'NORMAL' use.

I KNOW I do!!!
    ICONIC FORMULATIONS REPRESENTATIVE

use code THEBIGT for 25% off

19. Quote Originally Posted by cheftepesh1 View Post
    In for this
    Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    can't believe I missed this for so many days...I'm in! Thanks Kat!
    No worries! I knew youíd show!

Quote Originally Posted by Martyfnemec View Post
    It's good. Busy! New city, new house, baby, promotion at work, longer commute. It's been very busy. I've tried to stay consistent in the gym with 4 days per week (all I can manage), but my online presence has clearly suffered.
    Thatís good! Nothing wrong with just focusing on the important things and letting the extras go! We did miss you though!

20. Dosed yesterday evening about 6pm and this morning about 6am. I didnít train until 8:30 so I figured that was enough time difference. Overall feeling well today! Been a busy day but focus and attitude have been good all day!

Lower body day

Giant set 1:
    12 mins - as many rounds as possible
    Leg press 575x12
    Glute ham raises 12
    Plank 30 secs
    Rest 1 min
    ** made it 5 rounds

Giant set 2:
    Kneeling squats 220x8
    Alt lunges 40x8 each leg
    Hip circle lateral squat walks 10 each way
    1 min rest
    **made it 5 rounds

Superset
    Single Leg extensions 50x12
    Glute ham raises 12
    Calf raises 12
    *no rests*

Finished with ab work and stretching.

21. Quote Originally Posted by love2liftkat View Post
    Dosed yesterday evening about 6pm and this morning about 6am. I didn’t train until 8:30 so I figured that was enough time difference. Overall feeling well today! Been a busy day but focus and attitude have been good all day!

Lower body day

Giant set 1:
    Leg press 575x12
    Glute ham raises 12
    Plank 30 secs
    Rest 1 min
    ** made it 5 rounds

Giant set 2:
    Kneeling squats 220x8
    Alt lunges 40x8 each leg
    Hip circle lateral squat walks 10 each way
    1 min rest
    **made it 5 rounds

Superset
    Single Leg extensions 50x12
    Glute ham raises 12
    Calf raises 12
    *no rests*

Finished with ab work and stretching.
    Keep Killing it Kat! Love seeing all your hard work

LOG:GOT DAMN SILVER BACK TRAINING
    NO EXCUSES JUST RESULTS

22. Following
    Lets Say you do everything that you are supposed to do. You check all the boxes. You Believe, you prepare, you work, you fight, and you know your why, and Life still catches you on your blindside..... Just remember Failure Is Never Final !!!!

23. You Smell Pretty (sad in a creepy voice)
    TEAM GET DIESEL

24. Quote Originally Posted by lukehayd View Post
    I only have one more video in the application series to complete... Already got chest and shoulder application, and then tummy application, she promised thighs were next... you really didn't get them?
    Quote Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post

Depends on if the persons cortisol response is appropriate or not. Low cortisol levels is not a good thing and neither is high cortisol levels. You definitely do not want to crush your cortisol response that is for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post

Manage is the key word here, you want to manage cortisol at appropriate levels.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    lets put some emphasis on stimulants increasing cortisol...lets face it most guys and gals on this forum use stimulants well above what would be considered 'NORMAL' use.

I KNOW I do!!!
    One would hope that people realize this, but many do not. Hell if diet pills did not increase cortisol then there wouldn't be much fat loss associated with them... well then again there isn't anyway.

You and I are both aware of how cortisol limiting supplements can be a double edged sword. If you have arthritis, or other issues with inflammation then limiting cortisol is often an issue due to connective tissue issues starting to arise from it. Certainly these TD versions carry a slight bit of localization, that should minimize how much goes systemic, but they also go systemic as well. So using only on the abdomen helps somewhat but it is still something you have to be aware of when supplementing with something that manages cortisol.

In the end, do some research, know the mode of action for a product and understand the system it is targeting, and what those changes can mean for you both negative and positive.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

25. Quote Originally Posted by BigRed1974 View Post
    Keep Killing it Kat! Love seeing all your hard work
    Thanks Red!!

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    Following
    Hey! Glad to have you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    You Smell Pretty (sad in a creepy voice)
    Haha thanks!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. IRON LEGION INVICTUS
    By thebigt in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 08-25-2018, 04:06 PM
  2. Iron Legion Incictus Lavender Log
    By Afi140 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-03-2018, 12:36 AM
  3. KJ'S Iron Legion Invictus Sponsored Log
    By kjscatch in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-06-2018, 12:01 AM
  4. ma70's Iron Legion Invictus Log (Unsponsored)
    By ma70 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 07-16-2016, 10:26 AM
  5. Getting Lean For Summer 16' w/ Iron Legion Invictus by HP
    By HokiePride in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 07-10-2016, 03:15 PM