Performax Labs EAmino Max log

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
So shoutout to the Peformax team for sending me out to log. I will be using this a few different ways which I will talk about below.

One-- Pre Running-- I am training for a one mile run on september 9th I'm going to try my best to run about 6 minutes flat. SO I will be taking one scoop pre run on days where I only run.

two- Fasted-- most days I wake up and train fasted so I will add this to my pre workout cocktail.
three-- Intra workout---BC thats what BRo's do.

Anyway super excited to try this out. Will be starting tomorrow and tomorrow I will be training back and biceps fasted, and then go running post workout so my plan is to do .5 scoop preworkout and 1 full scoop during.

I will get into the flavor / mixability and what i think as time goes on

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
In. What flavor did you get?
I have orange mango...Before I get into flavor I want to get into profile of this..
-at-3.05.18-PM.png

AS you guys can see with the recent trend in EAA's this has you covered in everything L cart -tart, HICA and and hydration formula. I mixed one scoop in 32 oz of water and it was still pretty sweet. It has more of an orangy taste IMO,, it doesn't feel gritty and I shook it pretty good for about 15-25 seconds and it had a little settling but not much. Initial thoughts is this is very well rounded and tastes pretty good

Had a pretty good workout today

Seal Rows [Barbell] - 185(10)X3
seal rows [trap bar] 155(12)x3

Bent OVer Dumbell rows- 55,60,65,70,(12)
A high seated CAble row-- 4 sets of 12-15---put a video up on my instagram if anyone cares to see it ( Jared0114)
T BAr rows using 35's-175lbs x12 x 2 sets

Incline Dumbell curls- 30(12)35(10)X3
Hammer Curls- 45(10)x3

Then went on a 2 mile run in 14:50 second--- was a backoff day today not killing myself. Lots of volume so lets hope I am recovering a little better adding these in. Haven't used any aminos at all in about 8-12 weeks

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
So yesterday worked 14 hours plus my 2 hours of commuting on 4.5 hours sleep still got in a late night workout
Took 2 scoops of EAAs because I hadn't eaten a ton yesterday and was standing almost all day sweating a ton. so mixed the 2 scoops 3/4 gallon of water and started sipping about an hour pre workout. Toook my pre workout in my mouth dry and then washed it down with some of the eaa's. I'll say this whoever you guys use to do flavoring... made it so that whether its in 16oz of water or 2 scoops in a gallon it still taste pretty strong and not watered down. And it also doesn't have an overpowering smell when you open the container... (some stuff you open and it hits you quick). Overall had a good workout

INcline Barbell bench(3 sec negatives) 185(10)195(10)x2 205(10)225(10)
20 Push ups super setted with 135lb flat barbell bench for 10 reps(5 second negatives) 5 sets
INcline Dumbell flys --35x12 reps x 2 sets

Vbar Cable ext- 4 sets of 15
1 arm cable extensions SS with 20 CG push ups- 4 sets of 20
Incline dumbell ext- 20lbs, 25lbs, 30lbs(12) very slow

Finished with 2 sets of 20 sit ups SS with 20 leg raises
Then 3 sets of nautilus ab crunch

Overall wasn't the most hardcore or best workout but good pump and after a long day was happy to get it done

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At least you got in the gym man. Most people wouldn't have gone.

I'm not asking for a flavor review yet, but was the taste diluted in that much water?

I go through 80 ounces during my workout, I split it into two 40 oz servings, so I usually split my aminos into two different funnels. The thing I love about Xtend is I could use a half scoop in 40 ounces of water and the taste is still amazing. I've done the same thing with other products and they are so watered down it tastes like nothing.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
At least you got in the gym man. Most people wouldn't have gone.

I'm not asking for a flavor review yet, but was the taste diluted in that much water?

I go through 80 ounces during my workout, I split it into two 40 oz servings, so I usually split my aminos into two different funnels. The thing I love about Xtend is I could use a half scoop in 40 ounces of water and the taste is still amazing. I've done the same thing with other products and they are so watered down it tastes like nothing.
It a little watered down but the aftertaste is still pretty tart.
Yesterday Woke up trained fasted did 1 scoop in 32 oz of water intra workout.

Deadlifts- 495(5)x2 515(5) 535(5)x2
Barbell Seal Rows- 185(8)x4 sets
Seated Low cable rows- 4 sets of 12
Tbar Pulldown- 3 sets of 12
High Cable Row- 3 sets of 12
Finished with 3 sets of reverse dumbell flies SS with 3 sets of face pulls

My tempo was fast paced for this workout including warm up sets I was done in 68 minutes which is pretty good for the amount of volume. Overall can't really comment on recovery or performance yet.. but flavor is two thumbs up, mixability is pretty good and nice ingredient panel so lets see how it plays out

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
well killed myself today during Legs..

Low on Sled close stance Leg Press -5pps(10)6pps(10)x2 4pps+25ps(12)-- I do these almost with a pause at the bottom
Dumbell Goblet Squats- 150(10)x5 sets
Walking Dumbell Lunges- 60lbs dumbells x 20 steps x 2sets
Close Stance paused Squats-315(5)x2 sets
Leg Ext- 160(15)x 4 sets

Stiff Leg deads- 275(10)X3
Lying Leg Curls- 70,80,90(15)
Seated Leg Curls- 160(15)x2 sets

OVerall brutal workout it was nice to have the EAA's today.. its refreshing espc on a hot day and my gym is like metroflex humid hot and sticky. The Flavor is growing on me I am not usually one for orange/mango flavored things( yes I picked that flavor) but everyday it gets a little better

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Well today got 5.5 hours of sleep woke up trained fasted . Took 1 scoop of the EAA's with 1 scoop of my pre workout( Alphagen ) .

Deadlifts- 455(7) 475(7) 505(7) 535(10)--- felt really good
Bent Dumbell Rows- 50lbs(15) 55lbs(15) 60lbs(15)
Dante Cable Rows- 150(12)x4 sets
Tbar Rows with 35lbs plates-- 5plates (12)x3
Chest Supported Rows- 2pps(15 rep)x2 sets

Overall felt great.. days I train fasted I do 1 scoop pre and 1/2 scoop intra then eat right after.. todays meal was 1 bag steam fresh veggies/ 1 pound of wegmans 95/5 ground beef(SO GOOD) and 2 bananas.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Today's workout was interesting.. Been nursing a Possible rotator cuff in my left shoulder for a little while now. So decided to see if I can do some side laterals today very controlled. Woke up ate 1st meal- 90 grams of oats/1 scoops iso 100 PB(killer stuff) 90 grams blueberries/32 Grams PB.

About 2 hours later went to the gym and had 1 scoop of the EAA's in 30 oz of water. OBV the more liquid the better it mixes.

For the workout

Side Laterals- 10lbs(25 reps) 15lbs(20 reps) 20lbs(15 reps) 25lbs(12 reps)
Rear Dumbell Laterals- 10lbs(15 reps) 15lbs(15 reps)X3 sets
Rope Face Pulls- 4 sets of 12
Side Lateral machine- 60lb(12 reps) 70lbs(12 reps)x2----this is an old school atlantis machine its really good can face either way.

Seal Barbell Rows-175(10)x3 185(10)---trying to do these twice a week...hits rear delts and also hit lats great... Love this exercise
Dante Cable rows- 120lbs (15)x3 sets
Close grip(hands touching )barbell shrugs- 135(50)x2 sets----sounds like I'm a bit*h but these are brutal
Shoulder width 3 sec negative shrugs 225(15)x2 sets

Good workout just wrapped up my 2.5 mile run 17:45 seconds...and here in NY its about 93 degrees with 70% humidity its brutal.
Another good workout in the books

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Today was a hell of a workout
Didn't sleep great last night so really grinded out this workout. Trained fasted... took scoop EAA's pre and 1 scoop intra.

Stiff Bar(Ivanko) deadlifts- 545(1)585(1) 600(1)-- all speed singles// 4 inch deficit - 455 2x6 reps// 405x10x3 sets---VOLUME
Dante Cable Rows- 140(12)x5 sets
HS ISO Low row-2pps+25ps(12)x4 sets
Barbell Seal rows- 175(12)x4 sets
Low cable row while sitting on bench-- 3 sets of 10

Then went on a 2 mile run in 13:56--was hot as hell

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Update-- SO few weeks in now and have to say this product....Well dosed, mixes well, tastes good. EAA's seem to be the 2018 product of discussion . Is it better then BCAA/EAA...most people having this conversation don't train hard, don't have any value into how important nutrition is and spend way to much money on supplements to begin with. However.. I like that this product has EAA's and BCAA's ends which is better just use both :). But for real so far so good with this. 1.5 scoops a day workouts have been good and recovery.. Guess its ok I don't sleep much based on my work schedule and unpredictable overtime or overtime I know thats coming but , which creates a 24 hour work day. SO recovery always hard for me to judge. Still have 7-8 scoops left I'd say So ill keep this updated. Have my 1 mile race today in manhattan lets see what happens. I'll be happy with 6:30 or under

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Well today was my 1 mile race went ok... ran 6:09 had a huge field of guys about 250... and I was in the middle of pack and starting line... your time starts when you cross the starting line but I was in a big pack for about 25 seconds.. after that it got better.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really nice reviews throughout the log man. Good job.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Really nice reviews throughout the log man. Good job.
I'm doing my best..
Today Hit chest in the morning ...quick run in the afternoon followed by mowing my lawn(push mower)
Took .5 scoop during my workout really more so to flavor my water...then had .5 scoop pre run/.5 scoop after run so total of 1.5 scoops today.
It really does taste good in 8 oz of water very refreshing.

Workout
45 Degree incline dumbell press- 100x8 105(6)x3 sets 105(8)
Incline HS press- 3pps+25(8)x3 sets 3pps(12)
Flat Barbell Bench- 225(10)x3 sets
Incline fly- 40(10)x3 sets
3 sets of 20 push ups at the end

LAter on 1.75 mile run in 11 minutes

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Well guys some bad news. Been nursing a rotator cuff injury for about 6-7 months.. Been avoiding certain exercises.. and after being up to about 7 exercises I Couldn't do I decided to see a doctor. Even though my workouts have been great for past month or so it was time to look at whats going on. Did some test and its clear I have a strained rotator cuff and shoulder impingement. Whats the cure about 3-5 weeks off of weights. NOt just upper body but legs as well. I asked why with legs and he said because even during a squat, leg press hack squat your still tensing your shoulder and or putting it in a position that isn't allowing rest. I will be running 3-4 days a week and training some abs and calves . Maybe in two weeks throw in some biceps and go from there

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah man hate to hear that. We wish you all the best as you recover.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just made a review thread for the product, once it is up, I will link it.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
I just made a review thread for the product, once it is up, I will link it.
Yeah man no worries..Been dealing with an injury just started trying some push ups and light internal and external rotation. Day after my 27th birthday everything starts aching lol

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah man no worries..Been dealing with an injury just started trying some push ups and light internal and external rotation. Day after my 27th birthday everything starts aching lol
How’s the shoulder now? Where was your pain, front or back of the shoulder?