Putting Controlled Labs Blue Sugar to the Test

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I want to give a huge thanks to everyone at Controlled Labs for the opportunity to log their GDA, Blue Sugar. I figured with my current state and my goals it would be a good test to see what it can do. I have tried several other GDAs in the past, and while they may have had a little benefit, I could never really justify the use another time.

So I just moved out of town for a little bit for work, which means I will be getting less time to train and more food. But, it is summer time and I am wanting to slim down without losing the small amount of muscle I still have left. Lol

I do not know my current weight but I will try and find that out here soon. I currently don't have a set protocol for training as I am just using the apartment gym if I'm not too exhausted when I get home. So, I am open to any suggestions or protocols you all would like to see. I was thinking of doing 3-4 full body days a week, and running or swimming on the other days for cardio.

I typically follow IF and only eat 1-2 big meals at night, but with the longer work hours I have found I usually need a lunch in order to make it through the day and still have energy when I get home. The current plan is to take 1-2 caps before lunch depending on the carb content and then 2-3 caps before my dinner binge. Since I am going to the gym in the evenings I don't eat afterwards. I typically get home and take Kratom, shower, then watch tv and make dinner a couple hours after so I will take the second round of Blue Sugar before dinner.

I am open to trying any other eating/dosing schemes that you guys may want to see. Like I said, I just moved and so I'm still trying to find a routine. I've done this several times and know how my body reacts once I get back into training after a couple weeks off and not having a set schedule so that should not be an issue here.

My typical day looks like this

6:00am - wake up and quickly get dressed and run out the door.. I am not a morning person so I just barely give myself time to make it to work.
6:30am-7:00am - get to work and drink a couple cups of coffee. Timing depends on the day and what we have going on.
1:00pm - eat lunch if I brought one.
5:00pm-6:00pm - leave work.
6:30pm - cardio or weights .
7:30pm - kratom.
9:30pm - dinner with about 1,500-2,000 calories.
11:30pm - sleep.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not sure if it was from the Blue Sugar or just a coincidence, but I took two caps last night because I knew I was about to eat way too many pizza rolls. I probably ate 60 of them and still felt starving afterwards. I of course woke up with a burning stomach, but other than that I don't look like I gorged myself last night.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay so yesterday I did a decent mix of full body, again in the apartment gym so could've been better. They atleast have dumbbells up to 65lbs though. No gym today as I was out in the heat all day so I am exhausted.

I have been taking all 4 caps with my dinner as it is a lot of food and my lunches are almost nothing compared to it. So far so good, food seems to be digesting a little better. I was already used to the big dinners so really I'm just hoping for some decreased bloating there.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm definitely feeling a bit leaner upon waking. Normally with the belt I wore today, 4 holes is just ever slightly a little too tight, but 3 is too loose. When putting on my belt today it slid to the fourth notch super easy. After coffee and lunch it has become a bit of a struggle again, but there was a noticeable difference before I ate.

I am feeling hungrier than normal during the morning time. I won't say it's a bad thing as I can control it, just something to note after the first few days.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have to admit, I have only been getting in the gym twice a week the past couple of weeks. I accidently took 6 caps last night before dinner.. I couldn't remember if I took them yet, so I just took two more incase and everything was fine!

I have yet to find a scale which is irritating me, I should probably just buy one but I hate weighing daily.

Aside from not hitting the gym as often as needed, I have been going on a couple mile walks with the dog a few days a week as well as lots of walking and sweating at work during the day. Food consumption has not changed, I keep it around 2500-2900 calories a day. With the less than ideal gym frequency and higher caloric intake, I have to say that my muscles are still feeling full and I'm feeling leaner in the mornings. I think I have found a gym close to work that I can hit a couple days a week before going in, though.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Things were slow today so I tried something a little different and took 4 caps before about 8oz chicken, 1 cup of rice mixed with 1 cup of veggies, and an apple. I went to the gym about 45 minutes after the meal. Pumps were so much more noticeable and while I am not a vascular person, I did see the bicep veins popping a bit. I have not used a pre workout in months and this pump was right on par with some of the better pump products I have tried. Not to mention the pump lasted through the end of the work day.

Also, I got a body weight of 196 today.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Today I ate lunch around noon, 8oz of bbq chicken on four rolls. I got to the gym around 5:30 and did another full upper body day, which basically is 5-6 sets of 10-15 reps for each body part. I didn't take any Blue Sugar before lunch and no pre workout, but I still got a better than usual pump in my arms and back.

My belt is still easier to put on which is nice, especially with no loss of muscle as far as I can tell. I am definitely feeling more hungry throughout the day, no matter what time of day I take the Blue Sugar, I am feeling inclined to eat a bit more and see if I can get a decent recomp but I need to learn some self control and not always look for excuses to eat more food! Lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4 caps before dinner and drinks last night and when we got back to the hotel and went swimming, it honestly looked like I hadn't eaten at all that day. I was amazed as drinking is usually guaranteed to bloat me like crazy.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm enjoying this Full Body three times a week much more than I thought I would. Lets me still feel good about myself for about half the time spent in the gym. I have not noticed any drops in strength or size since doing it which is good.

I'm continuing to just eat lunch and dinner and taking all 4 caps before dinner, aside from a couple times before lunch. I'm still feeling leaner in the mornings, belt has been about the same since the initial difference.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Having to skip the gym always sucks, but honestly having the Blue Sugar to take before my nightly feasts makes me not feel so bad about it. I don't look or feel like I have been lifting less than normal and that may sound like it's working miracles, but I still am going to the gym just doing a full body each time I am there.

I have started to see a slightly more noticeable outline in my abs in the mornings. I still get bloated after coffee and food during the morning and lunch time. This is definitely just from my eating habits though as it is normal for me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm enjoying this Full Body three times a week much more than I thought I would. Lets me still feel good about myself for about half the time spent in the gym. I have not noticed any drops in strength or size since doing it which is good.

I'm continuing to just eat lunch and dinner and taking all 4 caps before dinner, aside from a couple times before lunch. I'm still feeling leaner in the mornings, belt has been about the same since the initial difference.
Man you can make some serious progress on a 3 day a week full body workout. I did them exclusively for years with great success! I have a good layout I made if you want to try it out when you get to a real gym.
Having to skip the gym always sucks, but honestly having the Blue Sugar to take before my nightly feasts makes me not feel so bad about it. I don't look or feel like I have been lifting less than normal and that may sound like it's working miracles, but I still am going to the gym just doing a full body each time I am there.

I have started to see a slightly more noticeable outline in my abs in the mornings. I still get bloated after coffee and food during the morning and lunch time. This is definitely just from my eating habits though as it is normal for me.
This has been my experience but I am pushing the carbs now to see what happens too!!! Hoping I can keep leaning up but stay more full of glycogen in the process.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Man you can make some serious progress on a 3 day a week full body workout. I did them exclusively for years with great success! I have a good layout I made if you want to try it out when you get to a real gym.
That'd be awesome if you have it readily available. I've got a list of gyms to call to see who will give me the best deal so I should be able to get to one here soon.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That'd be awesome if you have it readily available. I've got a list of gyms to call to see who will give me the best deal so I should be able to get to one here soon.
Yeah definitely man. PM me your email and I will send it over to you.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dang now I have to catch up! Lol
There's not a whole lot going on sadly.. especially these last couple of days. Long work hours and 110 degrees outside makes for a very sleepy guy once I get home lol

So I only got to the gym once this week, but was constantly sweating and in the heat which is just exhausting itself. AC is broken in my truck which makes for a fun time as well!

Still going strongly though, looking full and lean in the mornings. I will try and get a weight tomorrow to compare to the last one, I got a Planet Fitness membership for a couple months so that is exciting also lol

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The 80/20 rule - 80% of your results can be achieved with 20% of the work.

You do 1-2 work sets on a few key lifts 3x/wk and gtfo and you can get remarkable results for such little time invested.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The 80/20 rule - 80% of your results can be achieved with 20% of the work.

You do 1-2 work sets on a few key lifts 3x/wk and gtfo and you can get remarkable results for such little time invested.
I thought I had replied to this already, sorry!

That is pretty much what I have been doing and I love it.

This is about how it looks each day
5-6 sets on main back lift
5-8 sets on one or two chest movements
5 sets major leg movement, usually leg press because I am a baby for squats but I still try and mix them in a couple times a month lol
3-6 sets biceps
3-6 sets triceps
4 sets upper back/traps
4 sets shoulders

Then on the second two days I will switch up movements and focus on one part a little more if I am feeling it or felt I didn't hit it good the first day.
Example - instead of 5 sets of one leg movement, I may do all leg extensions or half leg extensions and half leg curls.

I'm almost never there for more than 45 minutes, 3 times a week. I can see a difference compared to when I was there 1.5-2 hours a day everyday a couple years ago, but I was also much more into diet and supplementation then.

I keep things much more basic now. I may not look as good, but I am happier overall and actually happier with how I look because I'm not as obsessed. It's crazy how things like that work out! Lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can't find where I said my previous weight in here for some reason.. but I weighed this weekend at 194lbs before the plethora of food and drinks.

I went home for the holiday and accidently forgot the Blue Sugar as I left in a hurry after work, so I still have a few days left.

I definitely noticed a difference after a day or two of not taking it. Especially with the beer and food, I was more bloated than previous weekends of drinking and woke up looking like I was holding more water every day.

I found the previous weight.. 196lbs down to 194lbs. I would say that is pretty good considering I feel and look leaner, but just as full as before starting the Blue Growth. My strength has not really changed much, but that is fine as I don't lift too heavy anymore anyways. Looks are more important to me until I can get my joints in better shape.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It absolutely works to process things faster - I had 3.5 big donuts the other day and could not believe the way the Blue Sugar let me get through them, gut & feel-wise.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It absolutely works to process things faster - I had 3.5 big donuts the other day and could not believe the way the Blue Sugar let me get through them, gut & feel-wise.
Tomorrow will be my last day and honestly this is one of the only supplements I have used in a while that I have seen any sort of results from. I think I will be ordering another bottle tonight. Free Prime shipping will have it to me right as I run out! Lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I am still enjoying mine as I do not have carbs daily.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I haven't updated in a while, sorry about that. I have been super busy lately.

So 6 weeks in and things are still moving right along perfectly fine. I have had to skip the gym the past 6 days, but haven't noticed any changes physique wise.

I am thinking I will stop here to see how my body reacts to stopping taking the Blue Sugar. I will pick up another bottle after a couple weeks and do another 6 weeks at least, just so I can make note of what happens when stopping.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I can definitely tell a difference in the mornings after stopping the Blue Sugar. I am noticeable more bloated when waking up than when I was taking it before.

Pumps seem to be slightly less noticeable, not an awful lot but enough to tell the difference. Maybe slight weight gain as I am probably holding a bit more water and such, seeing as I am more bloated in the mornings. I am not anymore bloated after eating throughout the day, though. The only difference is immediately upon waking.