Mkretz makes his return with The Muscle Sculptor by Vital Alchemy

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

First and foremost I need to thank the guys at Vital Alchemy for giving me the opportunity to use this product.

The Muscle Sculptor is:

A formula that doubles as both a natural anabolic and an intense fat loss agent that provides potent yet clean energy, appetite suppression, improved protein synthesis, and cortisol control.

Get Sculpted Today!
Key Benefits of The Muscle Sculptor:

Helps Prevent Muscle Catabolism*
Helps Increase Protein Synthesis*
Helps Reduce Body Fat*
Helps Increase Energy Levels*
Helps Reduce Cravings*
Helps Increase Metabolic Rate*
Helps Improve Muscle Recovery*
Helps Improve Mood*
Helps Reduce Water Weight*
Helps Improve Focus*
Helps Increase Thermogenesis*
Helps Reduce Cortisol*
Helps Boost Strength*
Can Be Used By Men & Women*

Key Ingredients of The Muscle Sculptor:

Laxogenin: Laxogenin is a member of the plant-based steroids family known as brassinosteroids. It helps to enhance muscle protein synthesis while reducing protein breakdown. It additionally promotes other anabolic effects such as increased strength, muscle endurance, muscle recovery, and improvements in lean muscle mass. Additionally, Laxogenin aids in controlling the stress hormone cortisol, which when out of balance increases fat and muscle wastes.

Yohimbine HCl: Yohimbine HCl comes from the Pausinystalia Yohimbe plant and works by stimulating and activating the body’s “fight or flight” response causing your body’s core temperature to rise. This response also causes chemicals called catecholamines to be released which can bind with fat cells and mobilize them to be burned for energy. Yohimbine HCL also helps to reduce stubborn body fat as it has been shown to block the activity of the alpha receptors which are highly present in stubborn areas. This action also helps to reduce fat stores faster.

Caffeine Anhydrous: Caffeine has several benefits and is a stimulant found in almost all fat burners. As the body metabolizes caffeine it increases lipolysis, the breakdown of fat, which decreases fat stored all over the body. Caffeine also helps with suppressing appetite, therefore, lowering the number of calories you intake daily. Caffeine acts as a mild diuretic, preventing water retention and ultimately leading to some weight loss by reduction of fluid retention. This ingredient is added to enhance mental alertness and focus. Caffeine works by stimulating the central nervous system, heart, and muscles.

2-Amino Isoheptane: This ingredient helps produce a “euphoric” feeling and helps increase energy.

Phosphatidyl Serine: Phosphatidylserine works to control cortisol levels and helps to eliminate many of the negative effects associated with high levels of cortisol. High levels of stress/cortisol actually deplete Phosphatidyl Serine levels which is why it is important to supplement it if one is trying to mitigate stress.

DiCaffeine Malate: A precise combination of Caffeine and Malic Acid into an ionic bonded compound. By combining the well-established properties of Caffeine and Malic Acid it offers a multi-dimensional ingredient that not only optimizes energy levels but also, stimulates thermogenesis while promoting mental focus.

Evodia Rutaecarpa: A fruit bearing plant used for its thermogenic qualities but it also helps to reduce circulating levels of caffeine in the body to help create a smoother feeling.

Citrus Aurantium: Also known as bitter orange and Synephrine, this ingredient helps to increase the amount of calories burned during the digestion of food.

Celery Seed Extract: The primary purpose for this ingredient in this formula is its ability to help one reduce water retention with no changes in the sodium and potassium balance.

My story - I was a star athlete in high school in football, basketball, and track. I decided against playing division 1 football and ended up running myself into anorexia with over exercise and a fear of "bad": foods. This left me in the hospital almost dead. Shut my hormones down and I ended up on a rollercoaster rides of all different kinds of hormone treatments. i am now on trt (100mg) a week.

I have used oral prohormones before (epiandro and 4-andro) and did get some nice strength gains from those so I am interested to see how this product works for me.

The addition of this product comes at a perfect time for me. Like a lot of people I put on a decent amount of weight over the winter months and got off track with my lifting as well. I am excited to get back into a consistent program again and lean out.

I have been lifting since sophomore year in high school (12 years) after tearing my ACL and meniscus in my knee playing football.However when I was anorexic i was extremely weak so I had to start all over and then some.

Stats:
5'9
210-212lbs
Maxes are estimates
Bench - 340
Squat - 475
Dead - 600

Diet: When I was most successful with dieting I used Intermittent fasting but as of late I find it extremely difficult to fast. I seem to be always extremely hungry and irritable (as some of you may know I can eat ALOT of food lol). I will try to IF and will update my progress with that. If not i will try to transition to meals more often.

I also have an interesting way of calculating my calories for the day. I kind of take a day by day approach. Let me know what you think of this.....it worked well for me in the past but kind of has me obsessing over calories. When I don't workout at all I say my base calories are 2400 and then just add any cardio calories I do to that and try to stay in a deficit. When I lift I bump it to 3000 calorie base and just add any cardio I do onto that and try to be in a deficit by the end of the day. I also usually just make sure I get enough protein and just let carbs and fat fall wherever they may.

I will be shooting for 250g protein.

If I am fasting I will take the 2 pills (one serving)anywhere between 12-3 ( I hope its ok to take this on an empty stomach since the instructions say before a meal.

I have been going back and forth with what split I would like to use. I tend to really enjoy power/hypertrophy splits. I am just not sure the best way to break up the body. i usually go with chest/back, shoulders/arms, legs, repeat, and just taking rest days when i feel necessary. My issue with this is I end up having to deadlift on leg days as well as squat because my legs are too sore on the next day (chest and back day)
another option I like is splitting up the legs and doing quads/chest,shoulders/arms, hamstrings/back........less overlap here since I find it easier to isolate the quads if my hamstring are sore from the previous days workout.

ANYWAYS haha.......... I will get pics up in the next couple days. i did not lift today because im a lazy f**k. I ended up throwing the football around for an hour and taking my GPA out for dinner. HAPPY EASTER!!!

I truly value any and all feedback and hope a lot of people stay along for the ride!

Will this be Ok to take on an empty stomach?

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
I started taking it a couple weeks ago. Interested to hear how the full dose makes you feel. It kills my appetite, but it also makes me kinda dizzy/funny feeling. One pill still supresses my appetite, but not sure if it’s even worth taking half a dose.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for results.

As far as dosing see how you respond on an empty stomach. I would try and hold off on food 30 min to an hour if possible to maximize the fat loss. The longer the better.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started taking it a couple weeks ago. Interested to hear how the full dose makes you feel. It kills my appetite, but it also makes me kinda dizzy/funny feeling. One pill still supresses my appetite, but not sure if it’s even worth taking half a dose.
Definitely strong appetite suppression. I would try and keep full dose if possible. Try and consume some carbs about an hour after ingestion and see if that helps.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm In !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! In on this for sure! Nice initial post!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome appetite is my biggest issue

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Subbed!

You should be fine with those ingredients on an empty stomach... the Y will onl work if fasted so the more you use it without food around the better the fat loss

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
definitely in!!!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok so yesterday was my first dose. I took it about 30 minutes before my workout. I dont think I will be using it solely as a pre workout but the way things timed up yesterday that is how I took it. Ideally I will take it in the morning before cardio and then lift later.

I took one serving (2 pillls) on an empty stomach. I did notice burping up some herbal flavors which were not to pleasant. Im sure everyone knows what I am talking about. Its by no means a deal breaker just something i will keep an eye on moving forward.

The energy I got was great. I am a stim junkie so to be able to have some noticeable stimulation was great. I also got a good sense of well being. Not sure if this cause my workout went well and i was having fun for if the supplement helped to add to this. we will see.

One thing I would also like to note as that I fasted until around 9 pm and i still was not hungry when I ate. I did have some hunger throughout the day but I found that odd. It could also have been from the hard workout I had. I ended up right around my 250g of protein but I had a very hard time sleeping last night and ate throughout the night so I was probably right at maintenance or a bit over.

Workout:

Today called for heavy deads and lighter constant tension squats

Deadlift

455x5 455x5 455x5 455x5 465x6 I reset on every rep. Im usually really good at really focusing and getting amped for my last set.... i went up 10 pounds and did one extra rep and that set still felt the easiest....could have done 10. Im usually spent after those type of sets though.

Constant tension squat

315x10 315x10 315x10 315x13

Leg press

6 plates x 10 7 plates x 10 7 plates x 10 8 plates x 10

Hack squat

"365" (i pretend the weight is on a regular bar i know its not actually 365lns) x 10

405 x 10 405x10 455x10

Glute bridge

315x10x4

lunge

50x20 steps 60x20steps 60x20 60x20

4 sets of leg extensions and seated leg curls

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Are you thinking of just alternating heavy deads/light squats and heavy squats/light deads each week?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
mkretz I have found a little extra liquid (water) will eliminate the burping problem.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
mkretz I have found a little extra liquid (water) will eliminate the burping problem.
you have that issue also? I haven't notice it....

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you thinking of just alternating heavy deads/light squats and heavy squats/light deads each week?
Trying to hit everything twice a week so my heavy dead/light squat day is my hypertrophy focused legs day (reps will be increasing from here every week) and me heavy squat light dead day is my power/strength based leg day

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Trying to hit everything twice a week so my heavy dead/light squat day is my hypertrophy focused legs day (reps will be increasing from here every week) and me heavy squat light dead day is my power/strength based leg day
I like that set up. I use to bench and squat twice a week and that would be my set up. One workout I would go heavy with more sets for strength/power then the other workout that week I would do hypertrophy and do less sets but higher reps.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yesterday I took 2 caps upon waking about 30 minutes before cardio. I did an hour of cardio on my elliptical at home. I also had a cup of coffee with this. This was the perfect amount of energy for me, but like I said i am very stim tolerant so I can see this product providing the perfect energy for the average person.

I also have to admit over the past two days (i did the smae routine today but only half hour of cardio), my appetite hasn't been as high as usual. Still more than most people but so far so good. I was able to not eat overnight last night and stay in a pretty big deficit. Today I will be around maintenance maybe 100-200 calories under because i just got a shipment of the best ice cream in the country from Salt and Straw delivered and needed to crack into a pint.

Yesterday's Workout - chest and back power

Paused Bench (my elbow felt really unstable and hurt a little so wasn't able to go as heavy as id like. The sets still challenged me though

255x5 255x5 255x5 245x5 245x5

Barbell Incline
185x8 185x8 185x8 190x8

Dips 4 sets of 8

Hammer Incline

4 sets of 8 at 200lbs

Fly machine 4 sets of 8

Bent over row - low back was very tender from deadlfts the day before so wasnt able to do as much as id like
205x8 205x8 225x8 225x8

Pulldown
145x8 145x8 165x8 170x8

Low cable row

165x8x4

Underhand machine row - 4 sets of 8

wide grip low cable row 4 sets of 10

Today was shoulders and arms power

OHP - 175 5x5

DB press - 80x8 85x8 85x8 85x8

DB side raise - 35x8 35x8 40x8 40x8

Reverse fly machine 4 sets of 8

Face Pull - stackx4 sets of 8

Standing EZ bar curl 80x8x4
Alternating twist curl - 35x8x4
Hammer Curl - 35x8 35x8 35x8 40x8

Close Grip bench (elbow issue was still there so didnt push it)
205x8x4

Skull crusher
80x8 80x8 90x8 90x8

Pushdown 4 sets fo 8

so far so good........Overall I feel good and workouts are going pretty well. Soreness is definitely there since I havent been very consistent but gonna just try to fight through that.

tomorrow will either be legs hyper or abs calves and cardio. Depends how my legs and low back feel.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like that set up. I use to bench and squat twice a week and that would be my set up. One workout I would go heavy with more sets for strength/power then the other workout that week I would do hypertrophy and do less sets but higher reps.
Yea i like it...good for supersets too if I want.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would also like to note that I will keep an eye on how the laxogenin effects my new elbow issue as well as my knee. I injured it playing basketball one time and ever since I cant do anything active without a brace. Seems like really bad patellar tendonitis

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I would also like to note that I will keep an eye on how the laxogenin effects my new elbow issue as well as my knee. I injured it playing basketball one time and ever since I cant do anything active without a brace. Seems like really bad patellar tendonitis
patellar tendinitis in your elbow??? i think you meant knee haha

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout. I really like the 8 rep range as well for most exercises.. Hopefully the laxogenin will aid in some of those past injury pains and aches.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff so far. Detailed log and workouts. The laxo should help some but it will be interesting to see the extent of it. Looking forward to it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have noticed some slight relief from the laxo.....

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have noticed some slight relief from the laxo.....
Awesome. I really like laxogenin. I think that's why I am a big fan of anafuse as well as this product.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome. I really like laxogenin. I think that's why I am a big fan of anafuse as well as this product.
It is becoming one of my favorite compounds !!

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't workout yesterday my low back was still sore. Diet unfortunately was horrible. Way over calories

Today will be legs l. My knee is usually pretty sore the night after and the day after legs so I'm interested to see how it feels

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I didn't workout yesterday my low back was still sore. Diet unfortunately was horrible. Way over calories

Today will be legs l. My knee is usually pretty sore the night after and the day after legs so I'm interested to see how it feels
I hope that doing legs doesn't aggravate back even more.....

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright friends!

Legs

Squat-was very happy with this

385x5 385x5 405x5 405x5 405x5

Deadlift- amazing how much less I could do after doing squats first lol

325x12 365x12 315x12 275x30

That set of 30 killed me. I did them all continuously and I was just done after that.

Did 4 sets of 8 with 315 on hacks and 4 half added sets of leg press

I did 4 good sets of 6 of glute ham fallouts from a lat pulldown

I had alot more planned but my cns was fried

I also did an hour of cardio before that workout.

My.knee is def sore right now. Don't notice any difference

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely a good workout. I am sure you’re gonna be feeling it tomorrow lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Damn dude. Set of 30 is crazy.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Set of 30! That's cardio for me! haha

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like high rep work sometime also!

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You are one strong fella! I did a set of 20 one time and thought I was going to die! Maybe I need to up my game.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Strong or crazy ????

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha thanks for the love guys... I can def get a little crazy sometimes haha usually when I workout with other people cuz I wanna show them up. Even if they loft more than me I wanna out work them.... my workouts used literally insane and I wondered why I made no pr9gress.....no one could hang with me though lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I took yesterday off... my.legs were.sore but lately it seems like my.lower back gets the most sore...this is different for me. Knee was still as sore as usual

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was supposed to do back in my.last workoutnso I may deadlift and do back today and try to get in shoulders and arms later...then legs tomorrow.

Yesterday morning I took two caps with a decent amount.of coffee and damn was I buzz in haha.... i think my.ohysocal hunger is a little decreased but my cravings are still crazy

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So I took yesterday off... my.legs were.sore but lately it seems like my.lower back gets the most sore...this is different for me. Knee was still as sore as usual
a sore knee will eventually lead to a sore lower back and hip issues, trust me!!! I just had knee replacement surgery done and before I did the bad knee had caused those same problems....after 2 months of recovery, my back and hips are much better!!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a sore knee will eventually lead to a sore lower back and hip issues, trust me!!! I just had knee replacement surgery done and before I did the bad knee had caused those same problems....after 2 months of recovery, my back and hips are much better!!!
This could be my problem ....

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea i'm like that always. My lower back will be sore after leg day. I'm not very flexible so I think that causes my back to over compensate sometimes.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea i'm like that always. My lower back will be sore after leg day. I'm not very flexible so I think that causes my back to over compensate sometimes.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn... that sux lol. I'm notnflexible either. It's w ierd cuz my.form seems good yet my low back kills me from squats but it's fine from deads

Yesterday I did back and shoulders I did heavy deads and everything else was hypertrophy work.

Deadlift
475x4 475x4 475x4 475x4 495x4
These felt really good. Could have done more each set. Very happy with that

A guy I worked with asked how much I could strict overhead press so I gave it a quick shot. Got 205. I might have gotten 210. I would l9ve to do 225.

Anyways... the rest of the w9rkout was really focused on slow negative and good contractions. Weights were very l8ght

Bent over row
135x12x4

Pulldown 100x12x4

Low cable row 120x12x4

Chest supported row 55x12x4

Rope str8 arm pulldown 55x12x4

Pre exhaust shoulders
5x12 10x12 5x12 all in a row did that 4 times

Ohp 95x12x4 this was so hard!

Cable side raise 10x12x4

Machine shoulder press since all benches were taken. Wanted to do dumbbells
110x12x4

Db high pull 35x12x4

Db reverse fly 20x12x4

Overall I'm very happy with my strength progress

Diet is still an issue for me

Yesterday was very good though

Shoulder also was bugging me a little yesterday

Anyone else try to do IF but find yourself extremely hungry alot? I used to be great with it but now it seems likke I end up making mad choices unless I can fast all day then I'm fine

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd also like to note that I have had very good pumps on my hypertrophy days