Kleen takes GLYCOSHIELD to The Battle of the Bulge! A sponsored GDA / Recomp Log!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Kleen takes GLYCOSHIELD to The Battle of the Bulge! A sponsored GDA / Recomp Log!

First I want to thank @chedapalooza / HPScience for choosing to send me a bottle of GLYCOSHIELD to try out! I am quite excited because it looks to be an improvement on what was already my #1 GDA that being Recompadrol.

This log will not be my normal training log. I will really focus more on the aspects of the GDA and Recomp effects in here. Stuff like pumps during workouts, length of pump after, vascularity improvements and of course to be thorough there will some blood sugar readings and what not.

I am not planning on taking progress pics until this coming weekend, but will be putting some up in here as soon as I take them and with each time I take them after while still doing this log.

I just looked and I do not have my blood testing strips so I need to go get some this week. Once I have them I will do some actual tests in different scenarios. One situation I am hoping to be able to incorportate is a jolt of carbs in the AM to start anabolism, but with a very quick return to fasting Glucose levels so that low carb high fat meals after get me back into fat burning mode quickly.

I am going to do a nice pump workout here shortly and am about to take 2 caps and then have 30g isolate and 1 pack of poptarts 20 minutes later and then workout about 30 minutes after. I will report if the pumps seem to be larger than I am used too. From what I got from recompadrol that is exactly what I expect.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

2. Held for Final review and pics or stats

Pinned
    Current Training Log -
    •   

3. In this!!
    SEMPER FI!!

4. Awesome intro. Glad to have you running this for us! pop tarts 🤤🤤
    Owner; Human Performance Science (HPS)
    HPSSupps.com
    Instagram.com/HPScience
    Facebook.com/HPScience

5. Subbed
    •   

6. wouldn't miss it!
    Really curious to see how this works. From what I have seen it looks promising for a someone who is fat like me but likes to eat and too damn old and lazy to cut my cals down enough to lose this fat.
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

7. Following

8. Subbed
    Black Lion Research Rep

9. In For The Ride!
    TEAM GET DIESEL
    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM

Use Code 'Rocket5' for 5% off at FeFiFo.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    wouldn't miss it!
    Really curious to see how this works. From what I have seen it looks promising for a someone who is fat like me but likes to eat and too damn old and lazy to cut my cals down enough to lose this fat.
    love the bluntness. so far multiple testers have been dropping weight with no changes to eating or training, and in some cases even adding calories and still losing weight, so yes, this would help
    HPSSupps.com
    Instagram.com/HPScience
    Facebook.com/HPScience

11. Another log that’s about a week in now and has lots of donut eating going on haha

BLOODNTHUNDER: AGENT OF SHIELD (Sponsored Log)
    BLOODNTHUNDER: AGENT OF SHIELD (Sponsored Log)
    HPSSupps.com
    Instagram.com/HPScience
    Facebook.com/HPScience

12. I like Donuts!!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

13. In for the possibilities. Only been cutting for a week and I'm already tired of it.
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

14. I hear ya !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

15. Quote Originally Posted by enhanced View Post
    In this!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Awesome intro. Glad to have you running this for us! pop tarts ����
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgkone View Post
    Subbed
    Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    wouldn't miss it!
    Quote Originally Posted by timmy8888 View Post
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by toddmuelheim View Post
    Subbed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    In For The Ride!
    love the bluntness. so far multiple testers have been dropping weight with no changes to eating or training, and in some cases even adding calories and still losing weight, so yes, this would help
    I like Donuts!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    In for the possibilities. Only been cutting for a week and I'm already tired of it.
    I hear ya !!
    Welcome Everyone!!!

So yesterday I just did a lil pump work to test the effect Glycoshield had on the pump for me. I was not let down!

Hit upper body pump work doing one set of 15-25 reps @ RPE8 and then using the 5's into the hole method on my real Pump Work set.

A 5's into the hole set is doing 5 full rom reps then 5 partials, for a total of 25 full rom reps per set.

I did my normal occluded stretching afterwards and the skin was so tight around my delts and triceps were so full they didn't even move when I flexed them. My chest was pretty much the same way, and my lats had my arms flared like I was going to take off flying. Toward then end of my back work my forearms were so pumped grip started becoming an issue.

By the way this was not just from the poptarts pre, I also took in 50 grams whey and 88 grams of my powdered carb mix intra workout. This is my normal intra drink nutrition so not a big change from usual other than the GLYCOSHIELD
    Current Training Log -

16. I had another great workout and resulting pump yesterday. Many of the roads were closed due to icing over so I bundled up, went to the garage and did 6 sets of 15 with the SSB 205 on the bar. I did the same carb loading prior to the workout, and same intra drink.

SSB Squat 155x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15 - I was quite winded by the end, and my legs were just full of blood. They were barely changing shape when I was flexing my quads they were so full of blood.

Occluded Quad Stretch

That was good enough for me, it was 25 degrees out and for this Texas adjusted boy that is plenty cold. Especially with the ridiculous humidity. My knuckles were hurting from holding onto the bar. So I was done once I got the squat work in. I am already feeling it a bit around my knees and at the top of the thigh.
    Current Training Log -

17. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I had another great workout and resulting pump yesterday. Many of the roads were closed due to icing over so I bundled up, went to the garage and did 6 sets of 15 with the SSB 205 on the bar. I did the same carb loading prior to the workout, and same intra drink.

SSB Squat 155x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15, 205x15 - I was quite winded by the end, and my legs were just full of blood. They were barely changing shape when I was flexing my quads they were so full of blood.

Occluded Quad Stretch

That was good enough for me, it was 25 degrees out and for this Texas adjusted boy that is plenty cold. Especially with the ridiculous humidity. My knuckles were hurting from holding onto the bar. So I was done once I got the squat work in. I am already feeling it a bit around my knees and at the top of the thigh.
    Ice is the worst. we have been lucky. no precipitation while its been cold. Working out in the garage in the cold, you the man!!
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    Ice is the worst. we have been lucky. no precipitation while its been cold. Working out in the garage in the cold, you the man!!
    Nothing compared to @kenpoengineer and the temps he braves to get out there!!!!

Extreme temps are a sure fire way to increase mental toughness. You take a guy not used to Texas heat and humidity and make him work in it. He is probably going to the hospital that day if no one is watching his water intake. Check back a month or so later and he is far less effected and able to work in the heat much better.

Same with the cold, it can cause so much pain, and for me uncontrolled trembling... I have a BIG BACK and when that sucker starts to shiver bad it is a full body convulsion that can damn near render me useless. I shake so violently sometimes I can barely speak. Thank goodness I don't have much reason for being out in it for any period of time. I did not used to get cold at all. Could walk around in shorts and tshirt in the snow for a bit without much ado... Now, no way, @ 25 I was covered, with sweats, 2 shirts and a hoodie and was still freezing.
    Current Training Log -

19. Nothing to update right now, yesterday was an off day so no real carb intake to speak of.

Tomorrow I intend to go get myself some more tester strips for my glucose meter and see if I can't get some readings.

Dietwise I am changing a few things, I will be following more of an IF / CBL style diet on off days only having carbs pre-bedtime to power up for the following mornings lift.

During or following the lift I will take in a lump sum of carbs and then have one or two more meals including carbs early in the day and then not have carbs again until my evening meal if I decide to have more.

Basically making this a bit of a lifestyle type of diet for me which is where I am at mentally right now.
    @chedapalooza, if you have a specific test you want done in this scenario let me know.

Thoughts were pre workout baseline, post workout with aminos only intra, 1 hour post workout with 100g carbs via powders, 1-2 hours after last carb meal post workout. I would say a pre bed reading on nights I take in carbs in the evening but that is typically pretty close to bed time. However if it works out well to do so I will do one like this as well.

To get a decent judgement on how things go I will also do some post workout readings without GlycoShield so we can have a comparison of how quickly I return to baseline.
    Current Training Log -

20. If you’re going to CBL, I’d suggest you take 3 caps prior to the meal.

For BG testing you could do the following:

1) baseline reading
    2) take 3 capsules
    3)wait 30-40 mins (have found this to be the sweet spot for myself personally)
    4) get a pre meal reading (should see a decent drop in BG from baseline)
    5) eat
    6) get reading about 10 minutes after your last bite of food
    7) get another reading 2 hours post meal
    8) 1 capsule at bed
    9) get fasted morning reading

This should show how you respond and how the product works in a controlled CBL scenario.
    HPSSupps.com
    Instagram.com/HPScience
    Facebook.com/HPScience
  21. Kleen takes GLYCOSHIELD to The Battle of the Bulge! A sponsored GDA / Recomp Log!

In my own testing which is low carb, moderate fat, high protein, I saw a 10-12 point drop from steps 1-4 and then another 2-3 point drop at step 6. Why is this significant? Because despite me not personally eating starchy carbs, I take in over 200 grams of protein and 70g+ fat (intermittent fasting) in a single meal along with 20-30g carbs from green/fibrous vegetables. Corsolic acid has been shown in studies to block gluconeogenesis (conversion of protein to glucose) and my testing confirms that Glycøshield is effective in doing just that.
    HPSSupps.com
    Instagram.com/HPScience
    Facebook.com/HPScience

22. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    If you’re going to CBL, I’d suggest you take 3 caps prior to the meal.

For BG testing you could do the following:

1) baseline reading
    2) take 3 capsules
    3)wait 30-40 mins (have found this to be the sweet spot for myself personally)
    4) get a pre meal reading (should see a decent drop in BG from baseline)
    5) eat
    6) get reading about 10 minutes after your last bite of food
    7) get another reading 2 hours post meal
    8) 1 capsule at bed
    9) get fasted morning reading

This should show how you respond and how the product works in a controlled CBL scenario.
    Sounds good to me.

In my own testing which is low carb, moderate fat, high protein, I saw a 10-12 point drop from steps 1-4 and then another 2-3 point drop at step 6. Why is this significant? Because despite me not personally eating starchy carbs, I take in over 200 grams of protein and 70g+ fat (intermittent fasting) in a single meal along with 20-30g carbs from green/fibrous vegetables. Corsolic acid has been shown in studies to block gluconeogenesis (conversion of protein to glucose) and my testing confirms that Glycøshield is effective in doing just that.
    Just a question not arguing the point but is this after training that you are getting those readings? The reason I ask is that I don't really see gluconeogenisis being a big factor unless being in a worked state. Something has to be requiring the need for the blood sugar to call on gluconeogenisis, otherwise a previously fat adapted person at rest is simply going to be running off of fats and not eliciting a need for gluconeogenisis. Definitely not arguing the point, but more so broadening the lens we are looking at it from. By the way a great reason to have Corsolic Acid in there, well lots of reasons actually.
    Current Training Log -

23. Yes—following training. My fast breaking meal is my post workout meal.
    HPSSupps.com
    Instagram.com/HPScience
    Facebook.com/HPScience

24. Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    Yes—following training. My fast breaking meal is my post workout meal.
    Very Nice!!!! I would be curious if you have the strips, can you check to see how deep you are in ketosis following your workout? Just curious on how fat adapted you are and would be curious if there were any correlations. IE deep ketosis may equal less need for gluconeogenisis.

I also assume you do not supplement aminos during your lift, or is that part of your protocol? Aminos would negate the need for gluconeogenisis because they are broken down into ATP with extreme efficiency. So the muscle can use them, and will.

Obviously these things are just considerations, and being deep into ketosis is never a bad thing when trying to lean up. However it could effect the amount the body needs to rely on gluconeogenisis to create ATP.

============================== ============================== ============================== ==================

Last night I had a really nice Upper Body workout. I used a potentiating set up on the DB Incline Bench, then worked toward finding some rep ranges with the Rep Target System which I will also be incorporating into my programming to increase work density. I think this is one of the programs that @Rocket3015 uses or was using for a while. Interesting that this is how I instinctively trained for a very long ime.

DB Incline Bench 50x5, 65x5, 80x5, 95x5, 105x5, 115x3

Hoist Lat Pull Down - 160x15, 180x16, 12, 7 = 35 reps

Hoist Shoulder Press 140x12, 210x11, 8, 4 = 23 reps

TBar Rows 90x15, 135x12, 9, 7 = 28 reps

Dips 31, 23, 17 = 71 reps

Incline DB Curls 25x18, 13, 9 = 40 reps

I was pumped and looking massive from this bad boy. I kept rest periods in the 60-120 second range most were closer to 60.

A little on the GlycoShield, the anecdotal evidence is in, pumps are definitely increasing with 2 caps about 30 minutes before I take my preworkout, and then start taking in my intra drink about 10 minutes later to allow carbs to get into the blood stream by the time my warm up is complete.

I have been following the workout with 2 caps to manage the 150 grams of carbs taken in the post workout window. No, I do not run 3-4 with this amount and probably will not when post workout. The intelligent use of this product is also going to take the post resistance exercise increase in insulin sensitivity into account. For me to go above 2 caps here would feel like a waste knowing that the exercise induced insulin sensitivity is a larger response than what one will get from any natural GDA that we know of. So I can save 2 caps for a different meal I need the assistance with.

Things of note, pumps come on incredibly quick right now, and seem to last longer. I feel a bit tighter in the morning after taking this but bodyfat level is not low enough for me to say it is obvious just yet.
    Current Training Log -

25. I use those rep ranges a lot, Yes!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The battle of OTC Anti-Estrogens! 6OXO or Formasin??
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 03:41 PM
  2. One reason you need to read "The way of the peacfull warrior"
    By refrieddreams in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 05:23 PM
  3. to the experts of the forum
    By deltaforce69 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-18-2005, 09:16 AM
  4. Replies: 16