Chaos and Pain's Hypnos + Chem One

YadaYada

Awards
What and Why: As the title says I will be testing Chemical One and Hypnos. I will test Hypnos by itself for a week to test its sleep and recovery effects alone and not confound the results. The main goal will be testing the recovery so the log will detail about my sleep and general fatigue/energy throughout the day. I will also of course detail any strength/hypertrophy gains made as well that I believe aren't accounted for soley by my programming.

This is mainly for me to keep a log on how I'm feeling over the next month or so as I do a test run in preparation for a brutal weightlifting program I have coming up.

I am not good at sleeping, I find it hard to go to bed until early in the morning, when I do sleep I wake up a dozen or so times over the night, and when I wake up I generally have to lay in bed for 10-20 minutes before feeling fresh enough to move. So, I feel if Hypnos works on me it'll work on most people and its the product I am most looking forward to testing.

YadaYada

Awards
Ok received everything in the mail yesterday morning so I can begin.

General Overview of Hypnos: I ordered Lemonberry Nectar and mixed it with 12oz of water about 30 minutes before I was planning to go to bed like the instructions said. I'm not a fan of the flavor as its very strong and leaves a weird after taste. I'm gonna try diluting it some more and see if that helps but I feel I'll just have to get used to the aftertaste. My opinions on the taste may change down the road.

It definitely does not mix incredibly well as there will still small granules along the bottom of my shaker but it mixed well enough that nothing stayed behind in the cup when I was done.

It's effects were almost immediate. As soon as I finished the drink my head started to feel heavy and groggy and about 5-10 minutes after I felt a noticeable increase in lethargy and overall relaxation. I will say the drink didn't knock me out and it still took my about an hour or so to finally go to sleep but it was still an improvement. I also woke up around half the amount I usually do which probably saved me that hour anyways. When I woke up I woke up feeling refreshed with no "sleep hangover" like you would have after a nightquil or something.

My body feels quite good with the soreness I went to bed with last night mostly faded but that's obviously cause I slept well. I can't say I had any above average dreams but that's not why I bought the product, though I will note if anything wild starts to happen.

Miscelaneous: aesthetically the containers for both supps are pleasing and don't look like some companies stuff which can be so loud and annoying you wonder if a colorblind graffiti artist designed it. The smell from both is quite strong with Chemical One hitting like a weak dose of ammonia.

YadaYada

Awards
Day 2: Theres some problems with my pipes so dealing with a very loud noise is ****ing with the restful properties of the supp. I'm not able to fall asleep too quickly but again once I do it feel very deep. I again didn't wake up as often and when I did I was able to quickly fall back asleep. I also found I could plug back into the dreams I was having after waking up. I woke up just as refreshed today as yesterday and I will say thats one of the biggest benefits I'm seeing. My recovery is again about identical to that of a normal nights sleep so nothing amazing there but if this happens consitently that will be the benefit. I'm also interested in seeing if there is a compounding effect with Chem One which I'll start Monday.

I diluted the drink and the taste was more manegable but I'm not a big fan of drinking 20 oz of water right before I go to bed.

YadaYada

Awards
Day Three: Probably the worse day of the bunch, it took forever for me to sleep and when I woke up I didn't feel any more rested than I usually do and I stayed in bed longer since I had nothing to do this morning. So last night I can't say I saw a difference between me sleeping without Hypnos and me sleeping with it. I hope this is the only day that reoccurs.

Looking Back: My recovery the last two days in the morning has been comparable to a real good nights sleep but I write these reviews as soon as I wake up and I've noticed that my stiffness fades away quicker than usual after waking up. So even though I'm as sore/stiff as usual if I walk around a bit I loosen up more than I did before.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet. I'll get in on this!

YadaYada

Awards
Day Four: Hypnos is seeming exceptionally bad at helping to put me to sleep. Right now the amount its actually helping me go to sleep is like a hot cup of tea and maybe a decent wank and both of those are much cheaper. After a long night of trying to go to bed I finally did and had probably the most complete night of sleep within the last four days, I can't remember waking up more than once. I gotta say my biggest goal was a supplement that could help put me to sleep so this is quite disappointing.

Chem One: Its a medium/large red pill that you take once in the morning and once at night with a 12hr gap b/w. You're not supposed to take it with caffeine and I workout in the morning so its a bit frustrating but I'll cope. I don't notice much after I take the pill except a bit of a "flush" feeling in my skull.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No need to take Chemical one with caffeine
I have taken mine with some fats usually like a spoon of peanut butter
The particles in Hypnos happens with all those ingredients. If you want just mix it earlier and leave it in the fridge before consuming. pyrobatt

YadaYada

Awards
Day Five: My tea comment the other day gave me an idea and I mixed Hypnos in with some hot water from the kettle and it went down way ****ing better than when mixed with cold water. It was also more relaxing to drink and didn't feel like I was taking a BCAA or pre-workout which was a good mental connection to break. Had a decent night's sleep and I think one thing I might not have mentioned enough is the ease with which I can fall back asleep after waking up, it feels instantaneous.

I don't think I'll be discussing Chem One until I feel some effect as there is no immediate change once taking it nor a change throughout the day. Seeing as its more an accumulation thing it mak sense to only review it once it accumulates.

Tomorrow I will have to wake up quite early so I have set an alarm hours before my body is used to waking up and I'm interested to see how Hypnos deals with that. I will be documenting any grogginess and "sleep hangover" effects if there are any.

YadaYada

Awards
Day Six: The important finding of Hypnos was that I woke up with no sleep hangover and no grogginess. When my alarm went off it went off I woke up as well as I would without having taken anything. I will say I had a stressful night as prepping for a presentation I just completed and I felt zero anti-anxiety benefits. But this could be a case of I don't know how bad it could've been. As this is all hypothetical when I review the product I won't use this as a big case against it.

I am doing a decent bit of volume and I've so far woken up without much accumulated fatigue. Normally by this time in the week my legs feel leaden and by back is fairly knotted up but right now my body feels pretty loose and I'm ready for my last session before I take a day off. If it goes well then thats a good sign for the Chem+Hypnos working well as recovery agents.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im in for the gains and better sleep!

YadaYada

Awards
Day Seven: This day makes for a confusing review. I hadn't slept much on night six due to the stress and having to wake up early but I felt fine throughout the day and even killed my workout which generally doesn't go well as its my third day and quite high in volume. But when I went to sleep this night it seemed Hypnos had zero effect. It took me awhile to fall asleep, when I did fall asleep my usual problem of waking up frequently occured, and when I did finally wake up it was incredibly late and I didn't feel fully rested. Now part of this I have to put the blame on the day before, I felt like my body was using this night's sleep to make-up for the early morning the day before.

Day 8: And night eight was the complete ****ing reverse. I swear this supp takes some nights off, or just decides to work differently. I fell alsep and slept like a log except for a few mid sleep wake ups and once of them was from the usual mid-sleep piss drinking Hypnos causes so fairly uninterrupted. I beginning to think this supp only enhances what was going to happen in the first place. So if I was gonna have a **** nights sleep the supp only boost the limited sleep I will have and like tonight if I'm gonna sleep well I just end up sleep very well.

I will say every since I made it into a hot drink I'm loving the taste now, I'm definitely patting myself on the back for that.

Chem One: Noticing a higher libido but thats tertiary to the real benefits of a supp like this. I'm also noticing my recovery is well above what Hypnos was supplying by itself and how my body handled this program last time I ran it without anything. Not noticing any strength gains or any LBM changes but its still very early.

YadaYada

Awards
Skipped a day on Hypnos due to going out so technically this would be day 10.
Day Nine: Didn't sleep a lot the night before, maybe around four hours, due to going out. This caused me to sleep a ton this night and not feel as rested when waking up. I've found if I miss some sleep that with Hypnos I still feel lethargic the next day. I don't think of this as a negative though because it encourages more rest and recovery. It's not debilating grogginess either, the bed just feels super comfortable.

Had a very heavy training session to finish off the week and it went pretty well considering the lack of sleep. I wish I could've tested if fully rested to eliminate some of the variables. I'm still not noticing anything resembling strength gains. My recovery after that day is pretty good as I'm sore but manageably so.

YadaYada

Awards
Didn't post anything the last three days cause I haven't had anything new to post about Hypnos. I'm starting to come to a strong consensus about the product and each night is basically the same experience. I still drink it hot and thats delicious, and I still think it helps improve the quality of the rest I get, but it also has its negatives. I will be weighing them for the rest of the time I have the supp (which should be just under 30 days now) and not posting anything about it unless something special is to happen. Special would classify as a new reaction to the supplement or an especially weak or strong reaction.

Chem One is kickking in strong and is definitely taking over as my favorite of the two. I feel recovered like hell almost every single day and its well above what Hypnos can take the credit for as it barely fixed my soreness on the deload. I feel less sore/fatigued, more energized, my dick is constantly getting on my nerves, and everytime I step in the gym I wish murder upon those who play grab ass around my platform. Right now the only think stopping me from singing high praises is I need to see some strength/lbm results at the end of the bottle. I max out in 11 more sessions so we will see about the strength and my mirror will tell me about my body. But definitely digging it right now.

YadaYada

Awards
Seems like I jinxed myself by mentioning recovery cause it went half to **** the last three days. My lower back has been constantly achey and feeling like I replaced it with two iron rods. My quads as well were a little shifty for a day but they've held up. I might have to see a sport therpaist for my back but I'm hoping it'll fade away after tomorrow's rest day.

Importantly though nothing has affected my workload. I hit the numbers in my program and I felt decent doing them, the more weight I used the less my back hurt so I'll take that trade. I think I got about 10 days left of Chem One and I'm considering reupping, though I wish I had known about the 50% that had happened earlier. Also looking for other products that are competitive and similar to see if I can do a comparison run. I'm really digging Chem One but unlike with Hypnos I don't really know what to compare it to.

YadaYada

Awards
Hit a nice little 12kg front squat pr today. Wasn't even feeling perfect but my legs were feeling ready to push the weight a bit. My last pr was a month ago too so this was a nice surprise.

Overall I feel like my mood has dipped this last week-week and half but not noticing anything negative in training.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hit a nice little 12kg front squat pr today. Wasn't even feeling perfect but my legs were feeling ready to push the weight a bit. My last pr was a month ago too so this was a nice surprise.

Overall I feel like my mood has dipped this last week-week and half but not noticing anything negative in training.
26 pounds?

YadaYada

Awards
Basically done with everything, I think I only have a few more days of Chem One and Hypnos is basically reviewed so I'm gonna write up my reviews in a week or so, I wanna have some time off of Chem One before I review it.