BLOODNTHUNDER: AGENT OF SHIELD (Sponsored Log)

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

1. Congrats on the job!
    Owner; Human Performance Science (HPS)
    HPSSupps.com
    Instagram.com/HPScience
    Facebook.com/HPScience

2. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post
    So did get in yesterday and had an arm day that got derailed halfway through, but for a good reason, got the pt director position at la near my house so stoked I can build a career in fitness.

Today I kept my progression going with the start of micro cycle a in the 10 rep range

Squat
    3x10. 225,235,235

Sumo
    2x10. 315,325. 325x8

Yeah that last set I just didnít have the next cpl reps. But itís cool itís a 10 lb increase in max set from 4 weeks ago.

Occlusion training
    Leg extensions 65x30,15,15

Lying leg curl 68x30,15,15

Did some calf work after.

Been force feeding myself bc my appetite has stalled big time but itís cool Iím way ahead of last year right now in appearance. I was hoping to keep this at above maintenance the whole run but getting cut at maintenance these past few days is a win.
    Congrats, glad your pursuing something you enjoy
    •   

3. Congratulations!!!

4. Sounds like a dream job !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL
    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM

Use Code 'Rocket5' for 5% off at FeFiFo.com

5. Well did a quick chest session today. Really wasnít into it at all and although I met progressions on flat bench the lifts themselves felt like crap.

Youíd think finally landing a good job in the fitness industry Iíd be in awesome spirits but I guess this garbage I deal with only cares about the damn weather and nothing else. Anyhow you guys have heard probably more than you ever wanted to in this regards so Iíll just leave it lat that for tonight.

Workout:
    Bench. 4x10. 135,160,185,205. 210x9

I actually thought I didnít meet the progression but the app I use calculated it and it exceeded expectations by .0145 from last time out lol

Incline 4x10 55,60,65,55

Exactly matched last time out

Incline fly 3x10. 30.

I was supposed to hit 35 but wasnít feeling it and actually thought of dropping after first set but decided to stay with it, I think in part due to the laziness of having to get up and change the weights lol

Plus what are your guys thoughts on things like flies and lateral raises. Iím beginning to be of the mindset that while progressing the weights in the rep range is ideal but I think thereís kind of a limit you want to extend to this types of maneuvers. I guess you can throw curls in that mix as well if you want.

Finished with a pretty good slow rep set of db floor press 55x10. 5 up 5 down tempo.

Iím terrible with guesstimating but to me it looks like maybe a week of glycoshield and perhaps the same of liposhield. Take that with a grain of salt though bc I thought I was almost out of radiate way back and it wound up lasting another 2.5 weeks when I thought itíd be 4 days lol
    Use code RUTHERFORD30 to save 30%
    http://olympus-labs.com?rfsn=1265109.3d3526
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post

Plus what are your guys thoughts on things like flies and lateral raises. I’m beginning to be of the mindset that while progressing the weights in the rep range is ideal but I think there’s kind of a limit you want to extend to this types of maneuvers. I guess you can throw curls in that mix as well if you want.
    lol
    Yep I agree there’s a limit to the amount of weight you want to move with flyes etc. I see lots of guys using heavier weight but shortening the ROM or using more momentum.

IMO progression can be the same rep/weight on flyes but having lifted more weight on the exercise prior or using a slower tempo or making better mind muscle connection or an extra second contraction at the top etc

7. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Yep I agree there’s a limit to the amount of weight you want to move with flyes etc. I see lots of guys using heavier weight but shortening the ROM or using more momentum.

IMO progression can be the same rep/weight on flyes but having lifted more weight on the exercise prior or using a slower tempo or making better mind muscle connection or an extra second contraction at the top etc
    This, Progression can be shortening the rest period and using the same weight, set and rep scheme because you do more work in less time. All kinds of things count as progression. Doing

You also have to consider if focusing on weight increases with the compound when you hit a really big PR or maybe even PR on 2 sets on your compound lift that sometimes that increase in performance is costly and will hamper the rest of the workout in the amount of resistance. However you have already made progression via the PR so lifting the same or even lightening the load to get the added volume in is fine. Every single aspect of your training doesn't have to progress with each session for it to be progress thank goodness.

Yeah certain isolations the weight gradually gets limited but the shoulders tend to do really well from high repetition work anyway so doing the isolation work in higher rep ranges is excellent but also doing partials in high rep ranges with heavier weights too. Like low end heavy partial side raises. Grab yourself a set of 40-50lb dbs and do 4 sets of 30 reps just moving the arms in the first 3-9 inches but stopping the weight and reversing at perpendicular not letting it swing in and get momentum. The stopping of it is the actual hard work so don't worry if the weight is only moving 3 inches by the end of the sets. Try that once and tell me if you don't get one of the best medial delt pumps you ever had AND you used a pretty heavy weight. Not my creation that's John Meadows work there but man is it awesome!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

8. I'm a big fan of single arm incline cable flies. Seems to hit me differently than dumbbells. YMMV
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

9. I prefer cable flies, or pec deck over DB flies also.
    Current Training Log -

10. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    This, Progression can be shortening the rest period and using the same weight, set and rep scheme because you do more work in less time. All kinds of things count as progression. Doing

You also have to consider if focusing on weight increases with the compound when you hit a really big PR or maybe even PR on 2 sets on your compound lift that sometimes that increase in performance is costly and will hamper the rest of the workout in the amount of resistance. However you have already made progression via the PR so lifting the same or even lightening the load to get the added volume in is fine. Every single aspect of your training doesn't have to progress with each session for it to be progress thank goodness.

Yeah certain isolations the weight gradually gets limited but the shoulders tend to do really well from high repetition work anyway so doing the isolation work in higher rep ranges is excellent but also doing partials in high rep ranges with heavier weights too. Like low end heavy partial side raises. Grab yourself a set of 40-50lb dbs and do 4 sets of 30 reps just moving the arms in the first 3-9 inches but stopping the weight and reversing at perpendicular not letting it swing in and get momentum. The stopping of it is the actual hard work so don't worry if the weight is only moving 3 inches by the end of the sets. Try that once and tell me if you don't get one of the best medial delt pumps you ever had AND you used a pretty heavy weight. Not my creation that's John Meadows work there but man is it awesome!
    Iíve used meadows destroyer sets for rear delts before theyíre extremely effective but taxing af so only do them as burnouts. Never consider using it for other maneuvers as well. Nice call

11. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I prefer cable flies, or pec deck over DB flies also.
    Incline cable flies will have my pecs screaming after 3 sets..

12. Felt good to actually get to lift again today. Been feeling under the weather so took three days away.

Curl 6x10. 45,65,95,85,75,65

Db hammer curl 4x10 30,35,40,45

Ez preacher occlusion 40x30,15,15

Close grip bench 4x10 135,155,165,135

Rope pushdown 4x10. 42.5

Reverse grip pushdown occlusion 30x30,15,15

About 15 min ab work to finish this quick but effective workout out.

Just took my last cap of glycoshield with dinner ham steak with 5 oz sweet potato and about a cup of Brussel sprouts doused in hot sauce.

I have enough liposhield to finish the week perhaps a little longer time will tell.

Weight was exactly the same as the previous so no weight loss last week. Actually gained a couple pounds the first part of this week thanks to super bowl pickers but things should level off as Iíve been eating pretty clean this week so far, still close to maintenance calories but clean.

13. Sometimes you just need a break !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

14. So I decided I wasnít going to do any squat variations for the second leg workout in the 10 rep cycle. The n retrospect I shouldíve bc what I programmed was way more brutal.

Warm up
    10 min liss. Elliptical

Leg press 20x10. 90,180,270,360,450,540,630,720 ,810, 900
    Each weight got a hamstring dominant press and a quad dominant press

Superset with calves. 20x10 same weights. Full disclosure the reps for the calves for 810 and 900 were pretty lame in terms of rom.

Stiff leg db deadlifts 3x10 40,60,80

Walking lunges 3x10. 10,15,20. Used kbs

Abduction 3x10. 165,180,195
    Adduction same but not a superset

Seated calf raises 3x10. 55,80,65. Went super slow with peak pauses

Occlusion training

Leg extensions 10x10 70 lbs. 10 sec times rest between sets

Seated leg curl 10x10 80 lbs same rest

Standing bb calf raises (not off plates) 95x30,20,20. 15 sec rest

Tibia raises 30,20,20. With bands rest was while other leg was working

My lower body is already in 2 day out doms mode. Lol. Shouldíve done the original program which was 3x10 box squats, 3x10 bb Romanians 3x10 reverse lunges and 3x10 ghr. And calves

Still eating clean kinda high in cals today though bc been a hungry mf ever since the workout

15. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post
    So I decided I wasn’t going to do any squat variations for the second leg workout in the 10 rep cycle. The n retrospect I should’ve bc what I programmed was way more brutal.

Warm up
    10 min liss. Elliptical

Superset with calves. 20x10 same weights. Full disclosure the reps for the calves for 810 and 900 were pretty lame in terms of rom.

Occlusion training

My lower body is already in 2 day out doms mode. Lol. Should’ve done the original program which was 3x10 box squats, 3x10 bb Romanians 3x10 reverse lunges and 3x10 ghr. And calves

Still eating clean kinda high in cals today though bc been a hungry mf ever since the workout
    That is a leg explosion!
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

16. Quote Originally Posted by bloodnthunder View Post
    So I decided I wasn’t going to do any squat variations for the second leg workout in the 10 rep cycle. The n retrospect I should’ve bc what I programmed was way more brutal.

Warm up
    10 min liss. Elliptical

Occlusion training

My lower body is already in 2 day out doms mode. Lol. Should’ve done the original program which was 3x10 box squats, 3x10 bb Romanians 3x10 reverse lunges and 3x10 ghr. And calves

Have fun getting off the shytter tomorrow!!
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

17. Killing it man !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

18. Yikes!!! Looks like you more than doubled the prescribed volume just because you are not squatting? You think very highly of the squat if you felt like you needed to double volume due to there absence. I think they are awesome but the increase in volume and intensity just from lifting much heavier on legs with the leg press would have been enough. You added a ton of sets to that. Just brutal Baby!

That is a hell of a workout though, no wonder you can't walk...
    Current Training Log -

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yikes!!! Looks like you more than doubled the prescribed volume just because you are not squatting? You think very highly of the squat if you felt like you needed to double volume due to there absence. I think they are awesome but the increase in volume and intensity just from lifting much heavier on legs with the leg press would have been enough. You added a ton of sets to that. Just brutal Baby!

That is a hell of a workout though, no wonder you can't walk...
    Yeah to be honest I love the squat bc itís been a sore point for me in the past and I just started to get good at it. So a bit of punishment I guess. Although the volume wasnít an intention. Let me say that it just happened. See I plan out all my workouts for 8 week blocks, obviously changing things if needed, but always with a purpose. Yet whenever I overhaul a day on the fly like that instead of being easier it always is harder, just works out that way. Actually not as bad today as last night, except for my glutes theyíre sore af. Tomorrow is what Iím worried about lol
  20. BLOODNTHUNDER: AGENT OF SHIELD (Sponsored Log)

Today was fun. Honestly the best thing Iíve done in programming in this current program is eliminate shoulder day all together. Iím still hitting each head twice a week but side and front get hit on chest, rear and traps get done with back. Really look forward to these days now.

Clean and press. 4x10. 45?95,115,125

I did these on 30 sec rest so I couldnít get up to the 135-145 range where my strength suggests I should be for 10 reps. My heart was just pounding through the chest. Perhaps my favorite movement not sure but if itís not itís up there.

Bb floor press 4x10. 135,155,175,195

Iím beginning to like the press off the floor better than on a bench. I get more activity and isolation in the pecs this way. Itís harder imo bc u donít get a great push nor lat activity. So hitting 195 for 10 was unexpected did it for 6 the last time I did c and p so very nice jump in two weeks.

Landmine Ss
    Singles for the delts 4x10 25,35,45,55
    Doubles for the chest same

Landmine arc twists 3x15 10 pounds

Plate loaded decline 10x10 with a timed 10 sec rest between sets. 45 per side
    Doesnít sound like much, but with only 10 sec rest between sets you feel them really fast. Awesome overall pec pump from this one.

Kinda tired so I finished up with:

Side lateral raises 3x10. 20,25,30

High incline shoulder press 3x10. 40,50,60

Pec dec burnout 45x20,85x15,125x10

21. The world of the day is volume.

Warm up
    Straight arm pulldown complex
    Wide grip. 45x20
    Normal grip 40x25
    Rope 30x30
    1 arm 10x40

Had a killer pump and the fun just got started

Plate loaded high row. 10x10 90 lbs single arm. One arm dies ten and thatís the only rest for the other.

Plate loaded low row. 10x10. 90

See above. This machine has a variety of grips so I played around with them through the sets.

Rack pull 4x10. 135,225?315,365

Ss
    Long bar row 3x10 45,90,135
    Pull ups 3x10 wide,neutral, close.

Pulldown complex one after the other
    Vbar 140x10
    Wide grip 100x10
    Reverse grip 100x10
    Rope 100x10

Face pull rep per pound 20,25,30

Db shrugs 3x20. 40,50,60

1 arm angled shrug 20x50

Standing rear fly 10x30,15x25,20x25

Cable fly. 3x15 10 lbs

70 minutes

Skipped calves was drenched and exhausted

Bc Iíve been eating clean only been using 2-4 scoops a day depending if I had a fatty cheat meal, and while itís getting low, I think I have a few more days left. Will have a weight update tomorrow
  22. BLOODNTHUNDER: AGENT OF SHIELD (Sponsored Log)

Love high volume training. The cool thing about lipo (the HCA specifically) is that it works for up to 12 hours after dosing... so you can get away w using a little bit less after a few weeks of continuous regular dosing and then just ramp it up for cheats/as needed. Some days Iíll only use 1-2 scoops
    HPSSupps.com
    Instagram.com/HPScience
    Facebook.com/HPScience

23. That is defiantly high volume
    TEAM GET DIESEL

24. Quick weight update:

Started using liposhield on 1/11. Glycoshield on 1/12. Weigh in on 1/11 190 lbs.

Finished glycoshield 2/7. Have 2-3 days approximately left of liposhield, actually could be more, Iím terrible at estimating powders.

Todayís weigh in is exactly 30 days since I started lipishield. Weight: 177.2. Weight difference. -12.8 lbs

Last couple weeks the weight relatively remained constant. Iíve been eating cleaner though this past week yet have still been in the +/-100-200 calories from tdee. For the amount of dirty eating I did for the majority of this log itís pretty remarkable I list what I did.

Itís obvious to me that the appetite suppression is still strong, it hasnít been that noticeable for a while as the glycoshield was totally offsetting it, but the past few days without it the suppression is back as it was initially.

Strength is still progressing despite the weight loss which leads me to believe that the loss was primarily water(initially) and fat loss. I canít use calipers or bio-impedance to gauge bf% bc I have loose skin which skews the readings. For the heck of it I checked it the other day and it said 11.6. As much as Iíd love that to be the case though itís probably more likely in the 13-15 range. But look wise I definitely look leaner than when I started with no apparent loss in visible gains.

Today Iím going to do this core workout I designed just now. Might be a little much but thatís why Iím calling it core-ruption lol

Core-ruption

Warm up
    Kb carries 2xfield length
    1 arm carry 2xfield
    Front loaded carry 2xfield
    Walking high knees 2xfield

Workout

Kneeling rope crunch 3x20
    Wood chopper 3x20

Decline crunch
    Decline vacuum

Pallof 3x20
    Low pulley bend 3x20

Serratus punch 3x20
    High pulley bend 3x20

Stability ball crunch 3x20
    Stability ball pull in 3x15

Bird dog 3x15
    Vacuum

Plank progressions 3x 1 minute
    Side plank progressions 3x40 sec per side

Cobra pose 3x30 seconds

Iíll chime in later as to how this went

25. 13 pounds lost in one month with how you were eating is pretty awesome..
    HPSSupps.com
    Instagram.com/HPScience
    Facebook.com/HPScience
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 08:01 AM
  2. Replies: 80
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 12:28 AM
  3. Macedaddy has a rush of Adrenalean (sponsored) Mini-log
    By macedaddy in forum Supplement Logs