• First Up Vote
What is Dermacrine?

Dermacrine

•DHEA & Pregnenolone botanical skin Gel

1. Administer lotion every morning, after a shower
2. 150-190 lbs : 3 pumps, 191-230 lbs : 4 pumps, 231+ lbs ; 5 pumps
3. Allow 4-5 minutes to dry
*Apply to shoulders and upper-back for best conversion
Only apply the product to clean, dry skin. Shaving off body hair is recommended, but not required. Also, avoid swimming, bathing or tanning for at least 6 hours after application.

Ingredients: Water, ethyl alcohol (organic), dimethyl isosorbide, ethoxydiglycol, propylene glycol monolaurate, Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), Trans-resveratrol (98%), 7,8,benzoflavone (98%), tiethanolamine, carbomer, pregnenelone, tetrahydropiperine..
* Certified Organic

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So first things first, Thank You to Iconic Formulations for giving me the chance to try the product.

I have used Dermacrine in the past on several occasions but not sure if I ever used the "new" carrier that was released a few years back so this should be interesting.

Current Supplements:
Whey Protein
Humapro
Creatine
Aminomax 8000
Glycofuse
Multi Vitamin
Caffeine tabs (preworkout)
Mixture of Amino powders (intraworkout)

and now Dermacrine

My training splits have been all over the place lately. So this is how it should look

Monday: Chest/Tris
Tuesday: Back/Bis
Wednesday: Cardio
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Off
Saturday: Shoulders
Sunday: Basketball

I've been playing basketball the last few weeks during the week, however the gym we use is now having little kid leagues on the night we play so I'm not sure I'll be playing during the week. We decided to play Sunday morning but anything could change and of course I'll log about what I do every night anyway.

The goal is to take off some winter flab however I plan on keeping the calories a bit higher. I'm switching my cardio but walking or farmers walks to include more HIIT, mostly so I don't gas out during basketball. I've done plenty of HIIT in the past but I've been using farmers walks as my method of cardio lately which I still will. I also don't think I'll change my diet up much, it's the holiday snacks and crap laying around that I'm cutting out first and foremost which should be easy as the holidays pass and they get eaten by everyone else.

I opened the bottle of Derm last night. I pumped it to make sure it was ready to go and put on about 2 pumps but the first few pumps are usually smaller than normal. So we will really get started tonight.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed! looking forward to how this works for you?
How old are you brother?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will be following along too!

Cjg

Awards
  • Established
What color is the gel? Is it thick or watery? What’s the scent?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What color is the gel? Is it thick or watery? What’s the scent?
It was dark and not watery at all....that was my biggest complaint from the old version was that a serving was my whole hand because of how watery it was

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice, I'm two applications in and it's super easy.. I will have my log up tonight for sure.

Cjg

Awards
  • Established
Cool thanks.. I like brut... I will be ordering Dermacrine ASAP!!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday

Basketball

So I really thought we weren't playing basketball this week. We have a group message and no one really seemed interested. One guy said he was going to go play regardless so I said I would join him. I thought I made a mistake and that there was no way we were going to get a game but after waiting for like 15 minutes we played for about 2 hours straight. Also played some guys that were way better than I am so I had a good run.

Last night I did not sleep well at all. I was extremely sore from the games. My neck was sore and my left lat was super tight. This happened the first time I played but hasn't really been a factor again until last night, I am super sore right now.

As far as the Dermacrine, the first few pumps on Tuesday night looked like the product was thick and you didn't need very much lotion. But it must of been the beginning of the bottle because last night 3 pumps was a lot of product and somewhat soupy and runny. It's a lot to spread over the chest and shoulder region. However this Dermacrine appears darker than I remember. Years ago it was a yellowish color, now it's more brownish. Also no real smell that I notice.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Just bought some as a base. I'm in, interested to see the stand-alone effects!

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday

Squat superset with straight bar pulldown 4 sets
Box squat superset with chest pad t bar row 3 sets
Standing calve raise superset with lat pulldown 3 sets
Step ups superset with rope cable row 2 sets

The lack of sleep really caught up to me. After taking in 200mg's of caffeine before my workout, I ended up yawning throughout the workout. I couldn't get my body to do what it needed to do, pain in the groin when I squatted, my left lat still super sore and took more time than it should have to loosen up. All in all my body just was to beat up to have an effective workout. That's why I did the box squats, the regular squats didn't feel right, I didn't feel like I was getting deep enough so I pulled out the box to make sure.

However it wasn't just me at the gym moving slowly. I don't know if maybe it's the freezing temperatures but it seemed like a few of the guys weren't moving at full speed and lifting what they usually do. So maybe the bitter cold played more of a factor as well.

Either way tonight after work I'm going home and resting. It's super cold so on goes the sweats and I'm getting on the couch and not leaving it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thursday

Squat superset with straight bar pulldown 4 sets
Box squat superset with chest pad t bar row 3 sets
Standing calve raise superset with lat pulldown 3 sets
Step ups superset with rope cable row 2 sets

The lack of sleep really caught up to me. After taking in 200mg's of caffeine before my workout, I ended up yawning throughout the workout. I couldn't get my body to do what it needed to do, pain in the groin when I squatted, my left lat still super sore and took more time than it should have to loosen up. All in all my body just was to beat up to have an effective workout. That's why I did the box squats, the regular squats didn't feel right, I didn't feel like I was getting deep enough so I pulled out the box to make sure.

However it wasn't just me at the gym moving slowly. I don't know if maybe it's the freezing temperatures but it seemed like a few of the guys weren't moving at full speed and lifting what they usually do. So maybe the bitter cold played more of a factor as well.

Either way tonight after work I'm going home and resting. It's super cold so on goes the sweats and I'm getting on the couch and not leaving it.
it's in the realm of possibility that you are at the beginning of cold or flu....don't want to jinkz you, but body aches are a symptom.....just sayin.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it's in the realm of possibility that you are at the beginning of cold or flu....don't want to jinkz you, but body aches are a symptom.....just sayin.
I dont think so...my aches r from basketball i think...rolled an ankle one week, slid sideways and hurt my groin, lower back, shoulder somehow

The pain was bad the first few weeks but have been better recently... this week i played with much better players so i probay extended too much to keep up

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I dont think so...my aches r from basketball i think...rolled an ankle one week, slid sideways and hurt my groin, lower back, shoulder somehow

The pain was bad the first few weeks but have been better recently... this week i played with much better players so i probay extended too much to keep up
you are probably a much better player now...with all that pain there must be gainz, lol.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you are probably a much better player now...with all that pain there must be gainz, lol.
I dunno about gainz haha...i try and add weight but i dont worry about it like i used to

Basketball has motivated me to change my gym routine a bit tho....ive started doing box jumps, paying more attention to calve raises and using a medicine ball for loaded carries

Its almost reenegergized my training from what has become a mundane bodybuilding/strength routine

IconicForm

IconicForm

Board Sponsor
Awards
We're working on a new formula that will be a great PCT option in the near future

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
inhibit-e would be MUCH cheaper...
Never tried it. did you like it? I don't usually have a need for PCT products. I like them when I need to cut some fat.

You know I'm a BLR guy. all his products have worked for me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Never tried it. did you like it? I don't usually have a need for PCT products. I like them when I need to cut some fat.

You know I'm a BLR guy. all his products have worked for me.
sns stuff works well for me, I can't fit blr into my budget....

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday

Reverse peck deck 5 sets
Side lateral raise 4 sets
Standing shoulder press 4 sets
Facepull 4 sets
Hammer strength shoulder press 3 sets

My right shoulder was bothering me again. Same feeling, it's pain but more like it needs to pop than a tear or dislocation pain. I was stretching and doing movements between sets to try and get it comfortable. That's also why I went back to the hammer strength and did some light presses, just to see if a controlled press might do the trick. Nothing seemed to work but it wasn't a bad workout either. I did some box jumps as well during the cardio portion since I didn't get to do them on leg day as well.

It's been a little less than a week on Dermacrine and what I've noticed was. First few days I felt bloated, maybe it was something I ate but still noteable. The stuff dries really fast but is super watery and theres a lot of it in just 3 pumps. Also over the weekend I couldn't stop being hungry. I would eat what I normally would and could keep going if I wanted to, if not I was hungry again an hour later.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
chiropractor????

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Monday

Flat Bench 7 sets
Rope extension superset w/ decline hammer strength machine 4 sets
Underhand extension supset w/ sandwhich press 4 sets

Really happy with the workout. The owner of the gyms grandson wouldn't leave me alone which slowed me down a bit but I think that helped as well. I move pretty fast between sets, not much sitting around or resting at the gym for me. But he kept talking, this I believe gave me the rest needed to move some heavy weight which I was happy about. I was happy with my bench numbers but that's also why I superset everything afterwards in order to catch up and get in enough volume.

Again I was super hungry late night last night. I had my normal dinner but added a protein shake before bed which I never do just to kill the hunger off a bit.

Weighted myself and can't really say I'm up any weight so far but I am up about 8lbs since October/November which I'm happy about.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday

Deadlift 4 sets
Pull ups superset with DB curl 4 sets
Straight bar pulldown superset with rope cable curls 3 sets
T bar row superset with preacher curl machine 4 sets

Haven't deadlifted in awhile with the basketball schedule, work, and the holidays. Felt good to get back to it, didn't go super heavy but the form felt good and the weight moved surprisingly well. Wish I could say the same about the pull ups which were a struggle. Those weren't the greatest. Also the rope cable curls had to be cut short because there was something going on with the cable which made me think I didn't want to push it in case that cable wasn't locked in properly. Overall the workout wasn't all that bad and the volume was nice.

I'm still hungry at night after dinner, I don't know if it's the Dermacrine or what but even after I eat I get hungry like an hour or two later which isn't normal for me.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday

Deadlift 4 sets
Pull ups superset with DB curl 4 sets
Straight bar pulldown superset with rope cable curls 3 sets
T bar row superset with preacher curl machine 4 sets

Haven't deadlifted in awhile with the basketball schedule, work, and the holidays. Felt good to get back to it, didn't go super heavy but the form felt good and the weight moved surprisingly well. Wish I could say the same about the pull ups which were a struggle. Those weren't the greatest. Also the rope cable curls had to be cut short because there was something going on with the cable which made me think I didn't want to push it in case that cable wasn't locked in properly. Overall the workout wasn't all that bad and the volume was nice.

I'm still hungry at night after dinner, I don't know if it's the Dermacrine or what but even after I eat I get hungry like an hour or two later which isn't normal for me.
Might be? Been so long since I have used it I can't remember. This stuff I'm testing made me crave carbs for the first 2 weeks or so.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday

Basketball

Wednesday is usually my cardio night anyway so I'm glad we had to switch from playing on Tuesday to play on Wednesday as it just fits with my workout schedule better. Anyway I sucked last night. The gym was empty so pulling ppl to get a team was rough and we had some hot shot high school kids who were not good at all just wanting to dribble. I think after playing with them once I was sort of checked out in terms of winning. But of course I still had fun, much more fun than doing cardio at the gym and way more effective.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday

Squat 7 sets
Weighted box jumps 2 sets
Standing calve raise 4 sets

Last weeks squat session sucked really bad. This week felt much much better and as you can see I did some extra sets because it felt so good. I just kept going, even some guys at the gym commented and asked if I maxed out or anything. I didn't but I went pretty heavy. It didn't leave me too much time for other exercises but I did get in some box jumps. The box is maybe 3 feet or something, so I can get on it fairly easily but wouldn't be able to stack two boxes so I grabbed some little DB's and held them as I jumped to make it more difficult.

So far on the Dermacrine I'm having multiple outcomes. Right now I feel bloated and fat. Other times I look in the mirror and think I'm having a slight recomp. I'm still super hungry at night and I have been eating which isn't great for the overall fat loss but I'm hoping the increased cardio intensity mixed with the Dermacrine and extra food will somehow balance out a bit.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saturday

Shoulders

Monday

Chest and Tris

With MLK day I didn't get to a computer much over the weekend to update my log. Saturday was kind of a wash when it came to a workout though. We got some ice storm Friday night so I spent 2 hours Saturday morning trying to chip, salt, shovel, and get rid of a sheet of ice all over my house. Chipping the ice was rough but by the time I got to the gym I felt worn out already.

Monday's workout was a little better, my vertigo kicked in a bit over the weekend so I was pretty dizzy entering the gym. I started on a chest machine which also ends up cracking my back and for whatever reason made me feel a bit better. I finished the workout strong.

Over the week my girl did make a comment to me about being bloated. She felt my stomach and noticed the size and how hard it was because of the bloat. But other times I look like I'm recomping really well. I feel a bit more lean and bigger which is good. The hunger is still pretty elevated as well.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday

Deadlift 4 sets
T bar row 4 sets
Lat pulldown 4 sets
BB curl superset with straight bar pulldown 4 sets
DB curl 4 sets
Preacher curl machine 4 sets

Empty gym last night, it was amazing. The snow was coming down so it was a lot of fun. I got to do whatever I wanted and didn't have to worry about anything going on. I didn't go superheavy on the deadlifts but did go heavy everywhere else. I guess it was because of the terrible weather it felt like a free workout, almost as if I was there but I could of used an excuse of snow to just go home. After I left the gym though I had to shovel which was almost another workout on it's own.

Today I have an MRI for my vertigo which I'm not looking forward to so today we'll see if or what the gym holds for me. May actaulyl have to spend a lot more time shoveling as we got a lot more snow last night.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday

Deadlift 4 sets
T bar row 4 sets
Lat pulldown 4 sets
BB curl superset with straight bar pulldown 4 sets
DB curl 4 sets
Preacher curl machine 4 sets

Empty gym last night, it was amazing. The snow was coming down so it was a lot of fun. I got to do whatever I wanted and didn't have to worry about anything going on. I didn't go superheavy on the deadlifts but did go heavy everywhere else. I guess it was because of the terrible weather it felt like a free workout, almost as if I was there but I could of used an excuse of snow to just go home. After I left the gym though I had to shovel which was almost another workout on it's own.

Today I have an MRI for my vertigo which I'm not looking forward to so today we'll see if or what the gym holds for me. May actaulyl have to spend a lot more time shoveling as we got a lot more snow last night.
Nice back and Bi work!
where do you live? we haven't got any this year. I'm not complaining!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Nice back and Bi work!
where do you live? we haven't got any this year. I'm not complaining!
Aren't you in OK? My girlfriend is very mad we haven't gotten any snow yet this year.. I am with you, it makes things much more difficult when it snows/ices here.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aren't you in OK? My girlfriend is very mad we haven't gotten any snow yet this year.. I am with you, it makes things much more difficult when it snows/ices here.
Yes OK. I like a little snow. not that 12" plus stuff. heck 6" shuts down Tulsa.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday

Basketball/Legs

So I went to the MRI which sucked, MRI's are just annoying. The noise, the tight space, the mask they make you wear. Plus I hate needles. Anyway after that was over I went home and shoveled the wall of snow that was created in front of my driveway from the plow truck. Then headed to play basketball. Since none of the kids had school that day the gym was packed, too packed. It was just my friend and I and you weren't getting a game unless you had 5 ppl. We hoped to pick up 3 kids on the sidelines but they all seemed to be there with their friends already. We did get to shoot around for a little bit though which wasn't too bad.

So my buddy and I decided to venture into the small weight room they had and our workout looked like:

Squat 4 sets
Sliding sled leg press 4 sets
Leg press 4 sets
Seated leg curl 3 sets
Medicine ball squat 1 set

It was far from an intense workout but it was fun using a sliding sled leg press because I turned it into a jump press. The leg press was also a much nicer press than what we have at my gym.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes OK. I like a little snow. not that 12" plus stuff. heck 6" shuts down Tulsa.
I remembered reading that somewhere. I lived in Tulsa over this past summer and worked Northeast of there. I am back in Norman now so any snow just makes it miserable getting to class, I do enjoy it though if it's a weekend and I can get out and go ride in it lol

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thursday

Free day!

standing calve raise superset with close grip lat pulldown 4 sets
Reverse incline DB row superset with dips 4 sets

After that I was sort of playing around with things, I was jumping rope for about 20-30 seconds and supersetting it with incline flies, DB curls, and v bar extensions

The jumping rope was sort of difficult. I haven't done it in awhile and at first you think it's easy but near 15 seconds it gets difficult, by the end of the workout it was hard. I may incorporate it into my cardio routine. I actually when on a youtube wormhole last night from these guys who do a jump rope fitness channel. I think it would be good if I keep playing basketball to help with the footwork, not to mention burn fat for the summer.

I'm still hungry at night. More so than normal anyway. I find myself going towards PB all the time but this has to be the dermacrine since it really started when the log started.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remembered reading that somewhere. I lived in Tulsa over this past summer and worked Northeast of there. I am back in Norman now so any snow just makes it miserable getting to class, I do enjoy it though if it's a weekend and I can get out and go ride in it lol
You going to OU?