Mowglisml Testing: Massacr3 + Assass1nate

Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by iamyourfather View Post
    a MAJOR tip would be to control your wrists and make sure that they are in one line with the arm instead of folding them over - most people dont control that, you can handle a serious amount of more weight if you check your wrists.
    This is true. A lot of people put their wrist wraps on wrong too, which doesn't help. They should slightly overlap the wrist joint itself so they keep your wrists straight.

The #1 biggest bench mistake that I see is people not keeping their upper back/shoulders tight. People lie down on the bench like they're going to take a nap, and then try to bench that way. On the other hand, retracting and depressing your shoulder blades will give you a more stable platform to press from, keep your shoulders healthier (which is HUGE, shoulder problems are the most common injury I see on bench), and let you press more weight. That scapular motion is also the same motion that arches your back...if anyone says not to arch the bench, they don't know what they're talking about, as even a bodybuilding-style bench should have a small arch, as not only is it safer for the shoulders, but making it into a slight decline increases lower pec activation while keeping upper pec activation the same (Mike Israetel explains it by saying it exposes more of the chest to stress while simultaneously preventing your shoulders from taking over the movement and also keeping them safer). Obviously with a powerlifting-style bench, an even bigger arch is preferable, since it has the same shoulder-health benefits, while also further increasing how much weight you can lift (by bringing the lats into the motion as movers) and decreasing ROM, all while not actually risking back injury (weight is loaded in a way that won't expose the spine to very much shear force, and also discs don't herniate in that direction very often at all).
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Use BECKI30 for 30% off your order at olympus-labs.com and olympusuk.com

2. Mowglisml Testing: Massacr3 + Assass1nate

Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    This is true. A lot of people put their wrist wraps on wrong too, which doesn't help. They should slightly overlap the wrist joint itself so they keep your wrists straight.

The #1 biggest bench mistake that I see is people not keeping their upper back/shoulders tight. People lie down on the bench like they're going to take a nap, and then try to bench that way. On the other hand, retracting and depressing your shoulder blades will give you a more stable platform to press from, keep your shoulders healthier (which is HUGE, shoulder problems are the most common injury I see on bench), and let you press more weight. That scapular motion is also the same motion that arches your back...if anyone says not to arch the bench, they don't know what they're talking about, as even a bodybuilding-style bench should have a small arch, as not only is it safer for the shoulders, but making it into a slight decline increases lower pec activation while keeping upper pec activation the same (Mike Israetel explains it by saying it exposes more of the chest to stress while simultaneously preventing your shoulders from taking over the movement and also keeping them safer). Obviously with a powerlifting-style bench, an even bigger arch is preferable, since it has the same shoulder-health benefits, while also further increasing how much weight you can lift (by bringing the lats into the motion as movers) and decreasing ROM, all while not actually risking back injury (weight is loaded in a way that won't expose the spine to very much shear force, and also discs don't herniate in that direction very often at all).
    absolutely! many people think that an arch would hurt but even the opposite is the case...i personally lift bodybuilding style, with a quite big arch, it feels much more comfortable and i can get a stronger body pressure, if you know what i mean.

@OP

imho its also important to let the bar down slowly (till you touch your body, not some **** with 5cm above the body...) - YOU control the weight and not reversed! - and push it up very explosive and WITHOUT bouncing on your chest or leg drive.

and like V02Maxima already stated - the most important part is to keep your back/shoulders tight during the WHOLE movement, otherwise you literally f*ck your shoulders

oooh and another VERY important point - we DONT want a t-bar bench press! you should t put your arms in a 90 degree angle to your body, this is a heavy shoulder destroyer; yes, you can train your chest more isolated this way and also many proĎs are doing that but that means nothing. just dont do it if you want to keep your shoulders healthy. (generally i would see most of the tips from pros with a grain of salt; dont just copy the training style of any iffb pro just because hes a ifbb pro as long as you dont have his genetics and also his roids)
    •   

3. Thanks guys and gal .
    You all pretty much re-enforced what I was studying. Appreciate it

4. Quote Originally Posted by iamyourfather View Post
    oooh and another VERY important point - we DONT want a t-bar bench press! you should t put your arms in a 90 degree angle to your body, this is a heavy shoulder destroyer; yes, you can train your chest more isolated this way and also many pro‘s are doing that but that means nothing. just dont do it if you want to keep your shoulders healthy. (generally i would see most of the tips from pros with a grain of salt; dont just copy the training style of any iffb pro just because hes a ifbb pro as long as you dont have his genetics and also his roids)
    This is another excellent point. I wonder if maybe that style of bench came from equipped powerlifters using bench shirts, where they're flaring their elbows to try to spread the chestplate. Honestly equipped benching feels like a completely different lift than raw bench (equipped deadlift feels almost exactly the same as raw deadlift, and equipped squat is a little different but still feels similar to raw squat, but equipped bench is its own animal, and hard as f*** to boot lol). Anyway, not only does flaring elbows spread the chestplate, but the shirt also protects your shoulders...supposedly anyway, as it feels hard on my shoulders but then again idk how to equipped bench properly. However, with raw bench, keeping elbows tucked will keep the glenohumeral joint in a safer position! They don't need to be super tucked all the way in like a close grip bench, but don't flare them!
    OLYMPUS LABS
    •   

5. Mowglisml Testing: Massacr3 + Assass1nate

Day 6
    PWO Stack
    -coffee + MAN coffee bcaa
    -massacr3 - 2 pills

Intra
    -HydraCharge

Upper
    Note: All weight is in pounds (lbs). Forward slash represents super-set. "*" is a drop set

Warmup:
    -Few reps and stretches

Working Lifts:
    -BB Bench: 185x6, 6, 6, 6
    -Machine Fly: 100x12, 105x12, 110x12*80x10
    -Rope Pullover: 30x20, 20
    -Bent over BB Row: 145x7, 7, 7 (all sets had additional 7 lower 1/2 ROM)
    -CG cable row: 140x13, 12, 12
    -Lat Pulldown: 120x15, 15, 15
    -cable upright row/ rope facepull external rotation: 42.5x15, 15, 15/ 20x20, 20, 20
    -DB curl: 20 (each hand) x12, 12, 12
    -DB hammer curl: 20 (each hand) x12, 12, 12

+2 hrs post workout 2 pills Assass1nate with dinner

Through the Day
    -ON creatine
    -Finaflex - Active Multi

Comments
    Wow the pumps are legit with just massacr3! So for those of you that want to save money and not buy a pre to go along. Endurance, pump, and focus all there with just coffee and massacr3.
    Really worked on my form today and got it down. Feels weird so i need to get accustomed to it. 185x6 but i felt my chest get activated wayyyyy more, and no weird shoulder or elbow kinks.
    Iíll comment tomorrow what I ate for dinner but i am planning on taking 2 pills with a carb dinner.
    I also did too much volume today and i will dial it down next week.

6. Things are already getting spicy here
    Remember to take Assass1nate -before- meals, with a glass of water.
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep, R&D Team
    Olympus Labs. Innovation. Value. Results.

7. Last nights assass1nate was doses ~25 minutes before my dinner.
    Dinner: big ahi tuna salad and a dry baked potato. Glass of seasonal beer.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Mowglisml View Post
    Last nights assass1nate was doses ~25 minutes before my dinner.
    Dinner: big ahi tuna salad and a dry baked potato. Glass of seasonal beer.
    Nice! People report that Assass1nate helps with hangovers as well....you killed two birds with one stone!

I of course would have no clue if this is true...

9. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post
    Nice! People report that Assass1nate helps with hangovers as well....you killed two birds with one stone!

Interesting. It was only 1 beer.... maybe i have to put it to the test in the future lol

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mowglisml View Post
    Interesting. It was only 1 beer.... maybe i have to put it to the test in the future lol
    Oh definitely!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ricky10 View Post

Yeah, makes drinking a more expensive habit ahah

12. Day 7
    PWO Stack
    -Dymatize pre
    -massacr3 - 2 pills

Intra
    -none

Lower
    Note: All weight is in pounds (lbs). Forward slash represents super-set. "*" is a drop set

Warmup:
    -Few reps and stretches

Working Lifts:
    -BB Deadlift: 275x6, 6, 6, 315x3*275x1*225x4
    -BB sumo squat: 195x10, 185x10, 10
    -Walking DB Lunges: 15(each hand) x12, 12, 12
    -seated leg curls: 95x12, 105x12, 110x12
    -seated calf / donkey: 100x12, 12, 12/ 20,20,20
    -crunch machine: 40x12, 50x12, 12

Through the Day
    -ON creatine with Ghost bcaa
    -Finaflex - Active Multi
    -Assass1nate: 2 pills 20min before brunch. Veggie omelet, country potatoes, and 2 dry rye toasts. Planning 2 pills for dinner tonight.

Comments

Dentist appointment in the morning woke up like 30 minutes before, so skipped breakfast. Had a late breakfast with Assass1nate. Todays workout felt brutal, but pushed through. Maybe placebo, but Iím feeling thick and i actually lost 1-2 lbs.
    Disneyland tonight to take my wife on a dinner date and walk around. Planning 2 pills of assass1nate.

13. I need to add something else that I forgot to mention. Pre-workout I snuck in a little action in the bedroom lol... but what i noticed , please note I felt the same way when taking ep1logue, un-satiated finishing. Itís weird. I feel like I didnít finish at all or I blew empty, and I can keep going haha

14. Quote Originally Posted by Mowglisml View Post
    I can keep going haha
    Errr...so not getting soft once all is done?

15. Can you take massacr3 and letrone at the same time.

16. Quote Originally Posted by xtyler View Post
    Errr...so not getting soft once all is done?
    Yes, but also feeling like i came empty.. even though i didnít haha

17. Progress pic. Canít really tell much difference in a week. Left is today.

18. Quote Originally Posted by Mowglisml View Post
    Progress pic. Canít really tell much difference in a week. Left is today.
    I can see the difference. Looking leaner
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

19. Why your back looks twice as wide today?
  20. Mowglisml Testing: Massacr3 + Assass1nate

Day 8
    PWO Stack
    -Re1gn - Krushers sample packet
    -massacr3 - 2 pills

Intra
    -Ghost

Chest & Back

Working Lifts:
    -BB Bench: practice practice practice form
    -wide grip pullups: 4x3
    -wide grip ng cable row: 8x3
    -incline db bench: 50x12, 55x12, 70x12 (each hand)
    -db hammer press: 50x14, 50x12 (each hand)
    -cable fly: 12.5x20, 14x20 (each hand)
    -Smith shrugs: 45 each side x 14, 70 each sidex14, 14, 14
    -machine press: 3 sets to failure

-PES Select - 1 scoop + 1/2 banana, blueberries + creatine

Through the Day
    -Finaflex - Active Multi
    -Assass1nate: 1 pill before breakfast sandwhich, 1 pill before mid afternoon snack, 2 pills before late night pizza.

Comments
    Practice my bench form again today. The heaviest i did was 1 set of 185 for 3 to practice engaging my whole body. Enjoyed todays session. I was working up a sweat just practicing form at 115 lbs. felt great. The 2 back exercises were ďclusterĒ sets threw them in there from searching some jeff nippard stuff.

21. Quote Originally Posted by xtyler View Post
    Why your back looks twice as wide today?
    ****.. you are right i can see it lol. Hmm

22. Quote Originally Posted by Mowglisml View Post
    ****.. you are right i can see it lol. Hmm
    I can see changes which are good for one week, look slightly leaner.

23. That's a week?? Definitely leaner, although with it being such a short period of time I can't discount that there's a possibility of immediate diet/water retention having some effect. Keep up with progress pictures, that way you can monitor if you continue to lean out, you'll know it's not just a transient thing.
    OLYMPUS LABS

24. wow, thats really VERY good for just a week. have you changed your diet/water or salt intake since starting?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. piss testing
    By shady in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 07:12 PM
  2. Price for test
    By Matthew D in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 04:29 AM
  3. 1-test questions
    By Sanosuke in forum Supplements