8 week Hi-tech Laxogenin log , not sponsored

calfmaster

Awards
Hey guys,
I'm a week into my first go of any kind with laxogenin. Figured I'd see what the fuss is about.

Plan is to take it upwards of 8 weeks at the recommended 2 pills a day split am/pm.

Stats
29 years old
about 6 feet tall
172lb at around 6 or 7 body fat (still have glute lines)
arms: 16.5
legs: 25.5
Wine: 30.5 smallest point
Natural bodybuilding for 14+ years

calfmaster

Awards
Today was day 6. So far no weight change. Perhaps a little bit more full then a when I started. I keep a tight eye on everything so I should expect to tell.

My macros are currently at 285 carbs 250 protein 45 fat and will be increasing by 2 to 5 percent each week.

My split currently is

Monday - off
Tuesday - heavy deadlifts, light squat, hamstring work, hypertrophy back work + HIIT cardio
Wednesday - heavy squats, light deadlifts, hip work, shoulder focused hypertrophy push work
Thursday - Heavy back, biceps, grip + HIIT cardio
Friday - heavy squats, light deadlifts, chest focused hypertrophy push work
Saturday- Heavy deadlifts, light squats, hip work, high-rep back work + HIIT cardio
Sunday - Heavy Front squats, Heavy Incline benching

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have had every Laxogenin product in the book with various delivery systems, and I have almost completed taking 2 bottles of this product. I can honestly say that this is only the second Laxo product that I can not even make up a placebo affect for if I wanted to. The first one was LGI SecretABridge that also did absolutely nothing. Honestly I don't think there is anything in the tablets except for possibly the additional ingredients.

Other reviews have been more positive so I hope you at least get something out of it..

calfmaster

Awards
Yeah, I figured that was part of the risk... but to clarify you're indicating that another brand of laxogenin did work for you and hi-tech's did not?Or are you saying that all the different Laxogenin products you've used have been worthless? My understanding was that hi-tech has a good reputation but perhaps I haven't researched deeply enough.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I figured that was part of the risk... but to clarify you're indicating that another brand of laxogenin did work for you and hi-tech's did not?Or are you saying that all the different Laxogenin products you've used have been worthless? My understanding was that hi-tech has a good reputation but perhaps I haven't researched deeply enough.
3 of the Laxo products I have taken that I could tell I actually took something were Iron Forged Nutrition Most Wanted, BPS Androcrine, and OL's transdermal as well. I believe only one of the three are still available and it's not cheap.

The ones that worked for me gave me increased muscle fullness, faster recovery, and my joints felt better...which are not usually painful for me anyway..

May as well continue with what you have, maybe it was just me....

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I wish Trenavol was available. WAY better than Laxogenin. I am going to see if I can dig some up. Good ****!

calfmaster

Awards
End of week 1.
My strength is up, but I periodize my programing (meaning each month I do expect to gain strength). Ill know by the end of the block if the strength gains are unusual or not. Typically I can add about 5-10lb to each of my big lifts at the end of a block. So if say put on 20lb on squat, that would for sure be because of laxogenin.

3 of the Laxo products I have taken that I could tell I actually took something were Iron Forged Nutrition Most Wanted, BPS Androcrine, and OL's transdermal as well. I believe only one of the three are still available and it's not cheap.

The ones that worked for me gave me increased muscle fullness, faster recovery, and my joints felt better...which are not usually painful for me anyway..

May as well continue with what you have, maybe it was just me....

Perhaps what I'll do is run this for the 4 weeks and then on week 5 I'll switch over to Iron Forged's version to see if I find any difference.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
End of week 1.
My strength is up, but I periodize my programing (meaning each month I do expect to gain strength). Ill know by the end of the block if the strength gains are unusual or not. Typically I can add about 5-10lb to each of my big lifts at the end of a block. So if say put on 20lb on squat, that would for sure be because of laxogenin.

Perhaps what I'll do is run this for the 4 weeks and then on week 5 I'll switch over to Iron Forged's version to see if I find any difference.
Well, the people who have had a good experience with this particular product say shines at the 1 month mark and beyond. Then again, people say that about most things. Just something to consider...

I happen to react to most supplements, SARMs, prohormones MUCH quicker than a month, usually a matter of days..

All that being said, I would recommend Most Wanted over this product without hesitation ;)
Not to mention the addition of Ecdysterone!

More often than not, you get what you pay for...

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wish Trenavol was available. WAY better than Laxogenin. I am going to see if I can dig some up. Good ****!
I would imagine a progesterone derivative would be quite different than Laxogenin :)

calfmaster

Awards
Well, the people who have had a good experience with this particular product say shines at the 1 month mark and beyond. Then again, people say that about most things. Just something to consider...

I happen to react to most supplements, SARMs, prohormones MUCH quicker than a month, usually a matter of days..

All that being said, I would recommend Most Wanted over this product without hesitation ;)
Not to mention the addition of Ecdysterone!

More often than not, you get what you pay for...
Right, but assuming that the hi-tech brand isn't total bunk Most Wanted is only 100mg daily of Laxogenin vs hi-tech's 200mg... IDK maybe I'll dose most wanted at 4 pills a day.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Right, but assuming that the hi-tech brand isn't total bunk Most Wanted is only 100mg daily of Laxogenin vs hi-tech's 200mg... IDK maybe I'll dose most wanted at 4 pills a day.
Actually Most Wanted is higher dosed
60 caps

1 capsule
225 mg Ecdysterone hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin complex
125 mg Laxogenin hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin complex

You take 2 caps per day..

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i know its late but theres no conclusion on this thread.Was the product work taking or not?

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Actually Most Wanted is higher dosed
60 caps

1 capsule
225 mg Ecdysterone hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin complex
125 mg Laxogenin hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin complex

You take 2 caps per day..
That's a nice addition except we don't know the ratio of Laxogenin and Ecdysterone to cyclodextrin so it may be less of a dose after all.

Cscott622

Cscott622

Awards
  • Established
Ill throw my 2 cents in. Ive taken 3 different lax products. 1 transdermal, and 2 capsule form. The transdermal was androcrine from BPS, i did see muscle fullness, vasculariity and some fat loss with this. Too bad its gone. Capsule forms, nothing more than maybe some joint relief. MAYBE a little fat loss. Maybe im one of the people who dont respond well, i dont know, but i wont spend my money on laxogenin again

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I never saw anything from Laxogenin but I know some people like it. Ecdysterone didn't do much either for me. Maybe I am a non-responder.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I never saw anything from Laxogenin but I know some people like it. Ecdysterone didn't do much either for me. Maybe I am a non-responder.
The benefits and effectiveness of both extracts have been debatable for years, that is for sure...
That being said, Most Wanted is one of the few that I would buy again and recommend for this type of product...

calfmaster

Awards
Day 10,
I took some week 1/week 2 photos for my own reference. It does seem I'm a little bit fuller. That said, I'm only 7 weeks off of a 24-week dieting phase where I'm just slowly adding back in the carbs - I probably would have expected this much more fullness just from the reverse dieting. If I make the same progress between week 2/3 and then again 3/4 then I will say the laxogenin is legit.

Cscott622

Cscott622

Awards
  • Established
Day 10,
I took some week 1/week 2 photos for my own reference. It does seem I'm a little bit fuller. That said, I'm only 7 weeks off of a 24-week dieting phase where I'm just slowly adding back in the carbs - I probably would have expected this much more fullness just from the reverse dieting. If I make the same progress between week 2/3 and then again 3/4 then I will say the laxogenin is legit.
Are you taking more protien while on the laxogenin vs before you started? Ive been trying to take more while on it, even though i cant really see amy results, ive heard its a good idea to though...

calfmaster

Awards
Are you taking more protien while on the laxogenin vs before you started? Ive been trying to take more while on it, even though i cant really see amy results, ive heard its a good idea to though...
Personally I believe that the reason you may hear "take more protein" is simply to add a placebo effect, since it will encourage users to increase calories.
I am already taking 250g daily, which is more than adequate amount to stimulate maximum MPS given I'm 175~lb @ 6% body fat.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
250g is more than plenty. I agree it's good to take more protein but honestly I do think the protein requirements are a bit absurd. It's really dependent on so many factors and mostly how we individually metabolize protein.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
The benefits and effectiveness of both extracts have been debatable for years, that is for sure...
That being said, Most Wanted is one of the few that I would buy again and recommend for this type of product...
I don't think Laxogenin holds a candle to 6-KP. I LOVE 6-KP just ordered 3 bottles.

calfmaster

Awards
Today is about Day 13 now on lax.

Lifts have continued to increase, so I am now borderline in belief it's doing something. I must also note, that I started taking a higher dose of HMB then I normally use around the same time as lax - so it's hard to determine exactly which is working. That said, I'm bordering on hitting some PR's which is very unusual.

In some ways, what might be more telling is not if I continue to make gains, but if I continue to make gains when I stop lax but keep taking hmb.

calfmaster

Awards
I don't think Laxogenin holds a candle to 6-KP. I LOVE 6-KP just ordered 3 bottles.

Please no supplement advertisement in my log, this forum is already confusing enough with all the reps giving people recommendations on their products

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
That's not an advertisement. Log away though brother and I will be silent.

I wonder if Laxogenin suffers from metabolic clearance. That 3-OH group would be sulfated.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today is about Day 13 now on lax.

Lifts have continued to increase, so I am now borderline in belief it's doing something. I must also note, that I started taking a higher dose of HMB then I normally use around the same time as lax - so it's hard to determine exactly which is working. That said, I'm bordering on hitting some PR's which is very unusual.

In some ways, what might be more telling is not if I continue to make gains, but if I continue to make gains when I stop lax but keep taking hmb.
Glad you are starting to see some changes bro! Will be interesting to see when you stop though with the HMB for sure.