White Flood Classic Review - LETS GET FLOODED

1. White Flood Classic Review - LETS GET FLOODED

Name:  IMG_1359.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  434.2 KB

Just got my classic white flood in the mail! I'll be logging my experience with this pre workout starting tomorrow. I've used the new white flood and absolutely love it, I've never tried the original version and cannot wait to use it tomorrow.

Let me start off with a little info about myself. I've been weight lifting for about 5 years and been a pre workout junkie since the beginning so I've tried A LOT. I'm also a chemistry major with a minor in biochemistry and LOVE exploring the science behind the supplements I use. I will be doing an in depth breakdown on the research supporting the ingredients in this preworkout so all you science lovers out there follow along!

I'm currently in a hypertrophy block of my training. Tracking sets per body part and increasing total sets every week up to a peak volume. I usually do multiple body parts per session. I will continue this hypertrophy block for the next 3 weeks and will then go into a 3 week strength block.

My training is centered around compound movements in the 8-12 rep range with isolation movements for metabolic stress. I will post detailed workout logs 3-4 a week depending on how many times I can get into the gym.

I will take this for the first time tomorrow and put up my initial thoughts!

2. Nice! Looking forward to it
    •   

3. Sweet! I'm in on this!
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

4. In it!
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

5. Training Session #1 with White Flood

Took 1 scoop with about 12oz of water about 30 minutes before beginning my workout. My first impression on the powder is that it is very fine and mixes well. The taste is pretty phenomenal! It does have a slight artificial taste to it but I can honestly say that this flavor is refreshing. Tomorrow I plan on mixing this with some 10oz of water and some ice. I felt the onset of the beta alanine tingles in about 20 minutes.

My workout today was a back focused hypertrophy session. My approach to hypertrophy is 60-90 seconds of rest with moderate-high intensity weight of 60-75% so its pretty fast paced and the pumps are always intense. Here is what I did today

Deadlifts (6 sets) 275lbs x 12, 315lbs x 8, 8, 8, 6, 6
    Pull ups (4 sets) bodyweight x 12, 10, 8, 8
    Wide grip cable rows (3 sets) 130lbs x 12, 12, 12
    Lateral raises (2 sets) 25lbs x 12, 12
    Hammer strength rows (2 sets) 90lbs x 12, 12
    Preacher curls super set with bodyweight dips (4 sets of 12 reps)
    Calves super set with abs (4 sets of 12 reps)

The major thing that sticks out to me about this pre workout is the focus! As soon as I started dead lifting I was in a flow state, time was just flying by and I was cutting my rest down to less than a minute for a few sets. Even now I still feel the focus from this pre workout. The pumps during my arm super sets were also intense! I look forward to continuing to use this pre workout especially if I can count on this insane focus.

I will be hitting the gym tomorrow as well and will post up a summary of that workout tomorrow night. I will also start a detailed breakdown of the ingredients in this pre workout one at a time. This means an exploration of its mechanism of action and a summary of current research on its effects on exercise performance. Tomorrows ingredient will be L-Arginine, stay tuned!
    •   

6. following
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

7. Thanks for following gentlemen, been busy but here's a run down of yesterday.

Took 1 scoop prior to hitting a high volume leg focused full body workout. Beta alanine tingles came in strong just as before!

Squats 245lbs x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Straight leg DL 275lbs x 10, 10, 10, 10
    Leg press 495lbs x 10, 10, 10, 10
    Leg curls superset with leg extension for 4 sets
    Standing calves 4 sets 12
    Barbell rows 225lbs x 8, 8, 8, 8
    Body weight pull ups 4 x 10
    Incline DB press 80lbs x 8, 8, 8, 8

One thing I'm loving about this preworkout is the focus! I'm completely in the zone once I start going. I'm curious to see how a scoop would perform during an off day as a productivity aid. So far I'm getting nice clean energy with insane focus from this!

Hitting the gym later tonight, gonna do some chest and arms! Update later tonight or tomorrow

8. Glad you are enjoying it
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    [email protected]
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.

9. Hey guys been busy with work but it should be better after this past week. I was able to get into the gym yesterday and did a brutal leg and back workout.

I was curious how well this stuff works at a half scoop so i took half a scoop and hit the gym yesterday after work. Tingles did not come on as usual but the focus was still there!!

Leg curls 3 x 12
    Squat drop sets!!
    6 sets (275lbs, 225lbs, 135lbs)
    Leg press 4 x 20
    Pull ups 3 x 10
    Kroc rows 100lbs x 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

Had a killer pump! Was in there for about an hour and a half. Felt good to get back in the gym, I am pleasantly surprised how good this works even at half a scoop. My favorite part about this pre is the focus aspect, it has an almost nootropic effect. Has any one else experienced this or just me?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Killcure666 View Post
    Hey guys been busy with work but it should be better after this past week. I was able to get into the gym yesterday and did a brutal leg and back workout.

I was curious how well this stuff works at a half scoop so i took half a scoop and hit the gym yesterday after work. Tingles did not come on as usual but the focus was still there!!

Leg curls 3 x 12
    Squat drop sets!!
    6 sets (275lbs, 225lbs, 135lbs)
    Leg press 4 x 20
    Pull ups 3 x 10
    Kroc rows 100lbs x 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

Had a killer pump! Was in there for about an hour and a half. Felt good to get back in the gym, I am pleasantly surprised how good this works even at half a scoop. My favorite part about this pre is the focus aspect, it has an almost nootropic effect. Has any one else experienced this or just me?
    Never though about the nootropic effect? It does help with my mind to muscle connection now that you mention it, but I always try to focus on this. easier said than done sometimes.
    Pro God, Pro Gun, Pro Life.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Studhorse View Post
    Never though about the nootropic effect? It does help with my mind to muscle connection now that you mention it, but I always try to focus on this. easier said than done sometimes.
    Idk, maybe nootropic is too far but I definitely notice an increase in focus while leads to increased endurance that I don't get from other pre workouts. Curious what could be causing that

12. Training session #4

Took 1.5 scoops today to see how it goes and hit a full body workout with some heavy deadlifts at the beginning.

Conventional deads
    365lbs x 5, 5, 5, 5
    405lbs x 2, 2

Sumo deadlifts
    135lbs x 10
    225lbs x 10
    275lbs x 8, 8, 8

After 12 sets of deadlifts I was still feeling amped and ready to keep crushing the weights!

Barbell military press
    135lbs x 8, 8, 8, 8, 7
    Lateral raises
    25lbs x 12, 12, 12, 12, 12

Then hit some pull downs, cable rows, decline curls, bodyweight dips and calves raises. The pump was unreal! Walked out of there with veins bulging in my biceps and forearms.

So far I'm impressed by how versatile this stuff is! Had great success at half a scoop, full scoop and 1.5 scoops

13. Training session #5

Decided to bust out a morning workout. Woke up and mixed up a scoop which I drank on the way to the gym. Pretty tasty flavor, I'm curious how the watermelon flavor compares to the electric lemonade.

Decided to crush some upper body today. Started with military press and did a few straight sets with 135lbs x 8-10 then did some drop sets 135/115/95/45. The pump was unreal! I was holding the reps overhead for a few seconds and really focusing on contracting the lateral head of the deltoids. This pre workout works great for mind body connection!

Then hit some machine lateral raises for 5 sets to get the pump as huge as possible. Shoulders looked so much wider than usual afterwards!

Then I did some DB incline bench press super set with cable flies for 6 sets. The pump was also absurd.

Then I finished up with a few sets of pull ups to warm up and some Kroc rows. Got up to 90lbs for 20 on each arm! The last reps were obviously not beautiful but 20 reps none the less!

Today was excellent for pumps! Pretty surprised honestly since I just woke up and went to the gym, minimal water and no carbs. On my next upper body day I'm going to have 100g simple/complex carbs mix an hour prior and get a good 1.5 liters of water in and see what this pre workout can really do for the pumps!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. white flood sample review
    By TNASTYII in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 10:37 AM
  2. White Flood sample review
    By liquid in forum Controlled Labs
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 10:35 AM
  3. My White Flood sample review
    By TheNinja in forum Supplement Logs