Beta finds his Better Half with iForceNutrition's SWOLEMATE (Sponsored Log)

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Hey Everyone!

Wanted to start off by thanking VaughnTrue and ManimalPatB for the opportunity to log SwoleMate. This is my first log, so I appreciate any and all feedback!

Without further ado, let me introduce the star of the show:
IMG_0836.jpg

SwoleMate
is a clinically dosed, intra-workout ergogenic aid made by iForceNutrition.
"SwoleMate was designed to offset the widespread and unethical underdosing of active ingredient so often found in the intra-workout category. Each ingredient was included to mimic clinical studies showing direct benefits, in an effort to provide users with actual gains, and not just marketing promises. While the formula may appear to be ‘simple’, SwoleMate provides more BCAAs than the competition, along with proven ergogenic training aids, all while staying at the same price point!

SwoleMate is also the first intra-workout product to not only focus on traditional aspects of training like increased endurance and muscle recovery, but to also provide efficacious doses of key ingredients to positively influence hormones like testosterone. This makes SwoleMate not only the most effectively dosed intra-workout, but the best training partner anyone can hope for.” — VaughnTrue

IMG_0832.jpg

SwoleMate is available in 3 flavors: Snowcone, Sour Lemon Candy, and Rocket Pop. I received a full, 30 serving tub of Snowcone and I'm looking forward to sharing my experience with you guys!

Training and Diet

I'm currently going into a cutting phase and eating about 250-500 cals below maintenance. I am on a modified PHAT split and hoping that SwoleMate can enhance my endurance and pumps despite being in a deficit.

Supplementation

I am following a loose IF regimen and I take a GDA with my 1-2 highest carb meals (not post workout).
Preworkout: Alternating between OL Re1gn and Scivation Quake.
Also taking creatine to aid in muscle retention on cut.

So, what're you waiting for? Come along for the ride!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
YASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

In for this ride man!!!!!!!!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! In on this log!

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hell yea! can't wait to see what you think brother

compan

compan

Awards
From someone who has always sworn off BCAAs and non-carb intra products... SwoleMate honestly makes a difference in my workouts. Excited to see how it works out for you.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Riding alongside in a few days! In to see how you like this.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the support! Will be testing Swolemate out with an intense lower body day once I get off work.

From someone who has always sworn off BCAAs and non-carb intra products... SwoleMate honestly makes a difference in my workouts. Excited to see how it works out for you.
This will be my first time using a true intra workout product so I'm excited as well!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm in for this!..got a tub of SwoleMate waiting for me at home

Beta

Awards
  • Established
What's goin' on everyone, had my first workout with SwoleMate and I'm pretty impressed! Below I'll give you a quick rundown of my thoughts:

Taste: I mixed 1 scoop with ~12 oz of ice cold water before leaving for my workout . I must say, IFN nailed the flavoring on this supp. The Snow Cone flavor was fruity and had a familiar taste I can't quite articulate (inb4 snowcone?) but overall really pleasant and at 12 oz, wasn't over powering or too sweet for me. I'll probably try 16 oz tomorrow and see how that fairs.

Performance: Today I hit a pretty intense, high volume quad day:

4x10-15 Adductor Machine to warm up
5x5 explosive/speed squats at 60% of max
4x10 alternating reverse lunges
5x5 heavy leg press
Burnout Leg extension "pyramid" (10 @30lb, 9 @50, 8@70 etc. down to 1 set, then up again until finishing 10@30 again. Holy Hell is that brutal)
3xStanding Calf raise to failure w/ loaded stretching at the bottom between sets.

Some ab work.

I started sipping on SwoleMate on my second set of squats and had to restrain myself from drinking it all in one sitting because it tasted so good. My main heavy movement today was leg press. Usually by this point I'm pretty winded from the speed work but I actually worked up to a total of 20 plates for 5 reps (a new PR!). I was dripping in sweat by set 2 but had noticeable endurance boost compared to the last time I hit this workout 2 weeks ago. Delt my quads a finishing blow with a single pyramid set of leg extensions up and down for that extra lactic acid resistance training. No pain, no gain, right? Hit some calves and abs and I was outta there.

Day 1 Thoughts: First of all, taste was on point! Second, (and most importantly) I killed today's workout. Could be placebo or coincidence, but I set a PR on leg press today even on 5 hours of sleep. Excited to see what's to come!

Question for VaughnTrue, ManimalPatB, or anyone who's experienced with intras -- is there an optimal timing for when to take/finish intras? (obviously intra-workout lol)

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I like to finish my intra maybe on my last few sets. I don't try to down it, but I usually end up finishing up my intra on my last set or 2 before I am done

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I agree. The snow cone flavor is REALLY hard to pinpoint but it is delicious.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
its funny you say that on snowcone.

when we taste tested it, it was listed as "mystery flavor" and we were like "da fuk?"

upon tasting it, we all absolutely loved it. but had no clue what to call it.

so snow cone it was!

for best results, just sip on it throughout your workout and you're good to go

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use 16oz. I take a sip after my 2nd set.of that particular lift as i log my numbers. (Currently using HST).
at the end of my workout I will usually have about 2oz. left and I just finish it off and start my stretches.

This is just how I have always done it. Note: I always use a pre workout stim or not.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice! And haha, yeah, I'm not quite sure what exactly it tastes like but it's damn good whatever it is.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Hell yea! In for the ride!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Good Luck on the new career!
Thank you so much, man! The wife has been in real estate for four years and I was in it with her for about a year before. We have learned a lot since then about bussiness and each other. This time we will not fail. In business you must act as though it were impossible to fail.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
So life happened and ended up calling today a rest day but looking forward to killing some back and shoulders tomorrow with Swolemate!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Great review so far. I'm using snow cone now and agree the flavor is on point. My favorite flavor Swolemate is the sour lemon candy.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Great review so far. I'm using snow cone now and agree the flavor is on point. My favorite flavor Swolemate is the sour lemon candy.
Sour lemon candy sounds delicious

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
it is pretty tasty! Reminds me of a lemon drop. The lemon flavor starts a little sour and ends a little sweet

Beta

Awards
  • Established
What's up guys!

Just got back from one hell of a back and shoulders day! Did a series of supersets that looked something like:

Lat Pulldowns//OHP
V Bar Pulldowns//Arnold DB press
Cable Upright Row//Cable Front delt Raises
Chest Supported Row//DB Row
Rear Delt Pec deck//DB Lateral Raise
Started drinking Swolemate around my 2nd superset and finished right around the end of the workout. I mixed it with 16 oz of water which helped me spread it throughout the workout more. Flavor was still strong (but not overpowering) and I experienced a noticeable increase in endurance.

Next up on the schedule is a hamstring/glutes/accessories day tomorrow. I'll be experimenting with the dosage a little more over the next week, thinking about trying 2 scoops before my power upper day on Monday or Tuesday.

Also thanks everyone for the support so far!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I'm in for this

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Another non-training day, unfortunately. Been pretty swamped with work and looking like a crazy next two-weeks. Still took SwoleMate today just for the taste, haha (and the BCAAs can't hurt either).

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Update from yesterday:

The Lift
Hit upper body focusing on compound movements. At this point in the mesocycle I am using higher rep ranges of 3x8-12.

Flat Barbell Bench
Horizontal Chest Supported Row
Superset of Lat Pulldowns// OHP
Dips//upright row
Lateral Raise//face pull
Skullcrushers//DB curl
Cable shrugs, focusing on mid traps and rhomboids

Some abs with cable crunches, decline weighted, leg raises.

Thoughts
Swolemate again drove me through this workout with lower rest times. Definitely noticing increased endurance with or without preworkout, keeping Swolemate the only supp constant.
Also noticed that I'm not as hungry after workouts. Usually am ravished, and can't wait to eat half a cow afterwards but even with increased intensity, I'm feeling strangely satisfied.

Some good stuff right here!

compan

compan

Awards
Interesting observation about the hunger. I actually notice the same. While on this cut, it's been working in my favor too and preventing me from binging from hunger alone.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I have to force myself to eat afterwards also...totally unlike me

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys! Life's been pretty hectic, but I found (made) time to get a lit back and shoulders day in yesterday.
Training and Thoughts
Decided to experiment and see if I could isolate swolemates effects. So I did the same workout as before without Swolemate. Kept everything else constant -- same pre and preworkout meal. Definitely a different feeling from the same Back and Shoulders workout with Swolemate. Seemed to get tired faster, and my workout partner for the day had to drag me to finish the last few sets. Also noteworthy, I was hungrier after my workout. Pretty interesting!
Future Plans
Trying to balance my schedule for the rest of the week and hit a glutes and hams day later tonight.
I enjoyed experimenting with dosing protocols to try to quantify Swolemate's effects and will be thinking about more ways to switch it up. If you guys have any more things you'd like to see me test out, let me know!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Hey guys! Life's been pretty hectic, but I found (made) time to get a lit back and shoulders day in yesterday.
Training and Thoughts
Decided to experiment and see if I could isolate swolemates effects. So I did the same workout as before without Swolemate. Kept everything else constant -- same pre and preworkout meal. Definitely a different feeling from the same Back and Shoulders workout with Swolemate. Seemed to get tired faster, and my workout partner for the day had to drag me to finish the last few sets. Also noteworthy, I was hungrier after my workout. Pretty interesting!
Future Plans
Trying to balance my schedule for the rest of the week and hit a glutes and hams day later tonight.
I enjoyed experimenting with dosing protocols to try to quantify Swolemate's effects and will be thinking about more ways to switch it up. If you guys have any more things you'd like to see me test out, let me know!
Right on man!!! Get it in when you can

I have noticed that I sweat a TON more when I am using Swolemate then when I am not. Don't know why but I will take it

Beta

Awards
  • Established

I have noticed that I sweat a TON more when I am using Swolemate then when I am not. Don't know why but I will take it
That's an interesting observation, I'll second that. Curious as to whether it's a result of being able to push myself to a greater intensity or something else.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Glad to see its treating you well.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards

Interesting observation. I would take it as well.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Training and Thoughts
Future Plans
There is definitely a difference in endurance when using swolemate.
Funny you mention the hunger. I didn't realize it but I'm not very hungry after my workout when I take Swolemate either.

compan

compan

Awards
There is definitely a difference in endurance when using swolemate.
Funny you mention the hunger. I didn't realize it but I'm not very hungry after my workout when I take Swolemate either.
Noticed this as well especially yesterday.

I'm about 7 weeks into my cut and my calories are low right now. I ended up only having 1k calories before the gym and wasn't that hungry after my workout. Ended up eating a 800 cal dinner and going to sleep and was fine. Woke up hungry as all hell this morning though lol.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,
Just checking in! Been hard pressed to get some workouts in with my schedule this past week. I hit a chest and arms day yesterday and got some quads and adductors up next. Overall, really really enjoying this product! Interested to see how Swolemate enhances cardio endurance.

Love hearing everyone's thoughts!

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Noticed this as well especially yesterday.

I'm about 7 weeks into my cut and my calories are low right now. I ended up only having 1k calories before the gym and wasn't that hungry after my workout. Ended up eating a 800 cal dinner and going to sleep and was fine. Woke up hungry as all hell this morning though lol.
I imagine so. That's a pretty low amount of calories. Are you maintaining that amount or do you bump it around?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome first review bro!

Beta

Awards
  • Established
What's goin' on guys? Hope everyone's had a great weekend. Beta checking in. As was the pattern over the last week, my schedule's been pretty crazy but we should be seeing everything fall into place next week. Still really loving SwoleMate -- hit a PR on leg power day yesterday and felt amazing. So far, I've been using ~1 scoop per workout to conserve my supply of Swolemate, but I will be trying a double scoop today probably so stay tuned for thoughts!

As always, thanks for the support!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
What's goin' on guys? Hope everyone's had a great weekend. Beta checking in. As was the pattern over the last week, my schedule's been pretty crazy but we should be seeing everything fall into place next week. Still really loving SwoleMate -- hit a PR on leg power day yesterday and felt amazing. So far, I've been using ~1 scoop per workout to conserve my supply of Swolemate, but I will be trying a double scoop today probably so stay tuned for thoughts!

How did two scoops treat ya?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Been using 2 scoops of Swolmate right off the bat. but I'm a intra freak. I got to have it of I peter out after an hour. you should see a difference in endurance with 2 scoops.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
This has been my first experience with an intra workout product and I'm loving it. 2 scoops did provide a noticeable increase in performance and I also found that I started sweating more too. (Coincidence? Maybe)

Haven't yet tried Swolemate with cardio but it's on my list of things to do.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This has been my first experience with an intra workout product and I'm loving it. 2 scoops did provide a noticeable increase in performance and I also found that I started sweating more too. (Coincidence? Maybe)

Haven't yet tried Swolemate with cardio but it's on my list of things to do.
keep it up man appreciate all the updates!

Beta

Awards
  • Established
keep it up man appreciate all the updates!
Appreciate the opportunity!

In other news, got a craving for sweets tonight so I decided to mix 1 scoop of Snowcone SwoleMate in some water, added about a half dozen ice cubes and threw it all into a blender. I must say, the result is quite the effective craving stopper. Tasted darn good too. 10/10 would recommend!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

In other news, got a craving for sweets tonight so I decided to mix 1 scoop of Snowcone SwoleMate in some water, added about a half dozen ice cubes and threw it all into a blender. I must say, the result is quite the effective craving stopper. Tasted darn good too. 10/10 would recommend!
What a great idea.

Edit: I don't know where my blender is... we just moved. lol.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to make some swolemate ice pops tonight I think!

cobri66

cobri66

Awards

Wish I had the creativity gene..thank god for people like you..that's a great idea

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Swolemate ice pops and crushed ice sound pretty awesome