Continuing the recomp with Slintensity

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
First off, thanks to cheftepesh1 and Mind and Muscle for selecting me to log dsade's Slintensity for them.

So far, intermittent fasting and thermogenics have been the keys to my success in this long recomp (over a year?). I've not used GDAs or "nutrient partitioners" since I got serious about losing the fat. So, I'm honestly not sure how effective it'll be for me. I welcome the opportunity to give Slintensity a shot and see what I can do with it! I have some defuse left over from a while back. Might try using it alongside Slintensity during my weekly cheat meal. Past reviews and threads seem to tout Slintensity as THE GDA of choice for a lot of guys. I can only hope that my experience is similar to theirs.

I won't bore you all with the details, but the full write up is over at http://anabolicminds.com/forum/evomuse/259791-evomuse-presents-slintensity.html

My plan is to drop one cap per 60g carbs during my evening meal. I typically fast until 4pm and then break it with a Shakeology post-workout. Then I have my big meal around 6pm and the usually a snack of some sort around 9-10pm. I am generally pretty low carb, so I anticipate only using one cap a day. Anyone else have any experience with Slintensity on an IF diet? Would appreciate any tips or feedback... Otherwise, we'll get this started and see what happens!

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I'm in!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You know I'm in!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm in

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
First meal turned out to be quite protein and fat heavy. Moreso than normal. I was a little afraid the Slintensity would make me hypo. So I decided to steal a page from TheSolutions playbook. I grabbed his recipes and whipped up some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies with a base of a scoop of PES peanut butter cookie and a scoop of MST choc protein.

Tasty. And no hypo. Win-win!

Any of you run Slintensity before? Maybe HIT4ME? Would love any tips and tricks to getting the most out of this stuff!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the mention and I am in for the ride. I have not used Slintensity yet... So I am not sure what I can offer just yet. From what I can tell and the reviews on here - it is a potent formula.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the mention and I am in for the ride. I have not used Slintensity yet... So I am not sure what I can offer just yet. From what I can tell and the reviews on here - it is a potent formula.
Wow, I figured you had tried everything Matt made! We'll learn this one together then. Welcome, homie.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Never tried a GDA/NP but very interested in tracking your journey! Best of luck.

u_e_s_i

u_e_s_i

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In! I'm in a similar situation myself, got some slinmax recently and have been wanting to try slintensity. Slinmax and slintensity were the two names that keep popping up and I'd love to compare them in depth

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Stealing the tag list so we can get this party started
bighulksmash thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz DemntedCowboy ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso Brandinooooo HIT4ME thebigt NewAgeMayan hairygrandpa Dirty Dan Jebrook Bmac63095 TNlifting BEAST73 Tank999 BloodManor angcd3 habajaba mmorso 123abcabcabc cwages BamBam0319

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ohhh heyyyyyy.... :afro:

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Love gdas. Very interested in how this works for u.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow, I figured you had tried everything Matt made! We'll learn this one together then. Welcome, homie.
Yeah - I'm getting close there. I need to get him to send me some Slintensity and some Strafe, haha. Then there's Clear Edge. And I wish he would make Sleephoria again. Ok, I guess there's a lot I haven't used just yet...

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
In!!

bloodnthunder

bloodnthunder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What do you like to use use them for? Cutting or bulking? Any tips on getting the most from it in a cut/recomp?
I use them more for cutting but I'll throw them in there from time to time on bulking too. The reason I love them so much is that u can up your carb count significantly if you time your gda usage appropriately. Same idea works with bulking too but imo you really aren't as concerned with trying to manipulate and manage carbs as much bulking as I am when cutting. U see I love my carbs and being able to eat high carb meals while still in a deficit is a great thing.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! In on this!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
So yesterday, I totally blew it. Had brunch plans and went with the home fries / eggs / toast meal to see how Slintensity helped with those carbs. But I FORGOT TO TAKE the Slintensity. Got in the car after and realized it. Ugh! Sorry guys, total fail.

Today, I tried something a bit different to see if I could better fuel my lifts. I dropped a Slintensity and had a couple of those protein cookies from the other day. Generally I work out fasted (with my aminos intra) and only break the fast post-workout. I feel like recovery improved a bit today on the carbs. Not quite as out of breath in between sets. I didn't feel too much more in terms of a pump. That said, I've been feeling creaky all week. And honestly the joint pain was on my mind all day today and I just couldn't push myself to the max today.

Heading out to get burgers and fries tonight. I will be armed with my Slintensity in hopes some of it doesn't stick around in my lovehandles :).

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
What are your macros on this cut?
Honestly, I don't track my nutrition unless I feel like I'm way off course or my results stop coming.

When tracking, I shoot for 1500 calories +/- 250. I usually tend to feel best at 50/25/25. But I usually only make sure I'm 50% protein and let carbs and fat swing up and down from day to day. The best? Maybe not. But I find it workable, realistic, and effective for me.

To hit such low calories on a big frame (6'2", 220#), I found IF works great. Once adjusted, hunger isn't bad. And 1250-1500 calories is darn filling when consumed from 4-9 pm.

I've been leaning out visually and on the scale for like a year now with this. So I know it works for me.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly, I don't track my nutrition unless I feel like I'm way off course or my results stop coming.

When tracking, I shoot for 1500 calories +/- 250. I usually tend to feel best at 50/25/25. But I usually only make sure I'm 50% protein and let carbs and fat swing up and down from day to day. The best? Maybe not. But I find it workable, realistic, and effective for me.

To hit such low calories on a big frame (6'2", 220#), I found IF works great. Once adjusted, hunger isn't bad. And 1250-1500 calories is darn filling when consumed from 4-9 pm.

I've been leaning out visually and on the scale for like a year now with this. So I know it works for me.
Plus, you got the beard game on point.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
So I've now tried Slintensity on cheat meals with stupid carbs, normal carby meals, and a quick pre-workout carb load. I do not notice the typical lethargy and bloat associated with my typical carb meal. There's definitely something happening under the hood.

I don't feel like my muscles get pumped any more than normal when dosing this with carbs. And I didn't feel any noticable improvement when eating PWO carb meal vs my typical fasted state.

I gained 2.8# this week despite being a rather typical nutrition week. I had been dropping 1-2#/wk with this regimen. That said, I do not feel like I'm looking any fatter in the mirror.

I did switch TRT protocols 2 weeks ago. So it's possible I set off some muscle gain. Also possible that I'm holding more water than normal, though I don't look it.

Vascularity has increased, especially in my forearms.

Not sure yet what all can be attributed to Slintensity. Time will tell!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah - I'm getting close there. I need to get him to send me some Slintensity and some Strafe, haha. Then there's Clear Edge. And I wish he would make Sleephoria again. Ok, I guess there's a lot I haven't used just yet...
There's some plans on making a lot of these in your list. I have been talking with him the last few days.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There's some plans on making a lot of these in your list. I have been talking with him the last few days.
Yes... I am hoping he can hook me up!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What new TRT protocol? Do tell. Did you go to or away from Sub Q? I can't remember. (Old(er) Guy) Syndrome.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
What new TRT protocol? Do tell. Did you go to or away from Sub Q? I can't remember. (Old(er) Guy) Syndrome.
habajaba he means he switched to the taint for injection now. Much more effective. Lol

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established

Yes, inquiring minds want to know
Ah yeah. I posted on my personal log a few weeks ago. Switched docs. Old doc had me on 300mg every 2 weeks. Causing a massive peak/trough. I wound up with massive acne and mood was in the dumps most likely due to sky high e2. New doc started me off at .3ml 3x/wk as well as hcg (40iu 2x/wk), adrenal supp, and dhea (25mgx2/day) supp. I'm a couple weeks in now. Acne is all but gone. Hcg doesn't seem to be working yet. The big change was getting over giving myself the injections. But it's actually not nearly as bad as I had imagined. Mostly... I did accidentally dull a needle with the cap and didn't realize it had dulled and still used it. Big mistake!

Oh and I'm doing IM for now. SubQ hcg and that hasn't worked as smoothly for me as the IM so far.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Ah yeah. I posted on my personal log a few weeks ago. Switched docs. Old doc had me on 300mg every 2 weeks. Causing a massive peak/trough. I wound up with massive acne and mood was in the dumps most likely due to sky high e2. New doc started me off at .3ml 3x/wk as well as hcg (40iu 2x/wk), adrenal supp, and dhea (25mgx2/day) supp. I'm a couple weeks in now. Acne is all but gone. Hcg doesn't seem to be working yet. The big change was getting over giving myself the injections. But it's actually not nearly as bad as I had imagined. Mostly... I did accidentally dull a needle with the cap and didn't realize it had dulled and still used it. Big mistake!

Oh and I'm doing IM for now. SubQ hcg and that hasn't worked as smoothly for me as the IM so far.
What days do you do the injections? 3x per week does seem like it would even things out even better than the "standard" 2x per week (at 3.5 days apart, so usually Sunday night, Thursday morning).

Are you using a sublingual DHEA? or the more typical capsules? I use the capsule, but heard that the sublingual was more effective/better.

What adrenal supp? I know that my doc strongly suggested I take DIM and an ADK supp (but neither are adrenal supps that I know of :)).

Any AI? I would guess none needed at that small(er) more frequent doses like that. (versus the larger, more spaced out doses)

and *OUCH* on the dulled needle :( What gauge are you using?

I am about to switch from pellets to injections myself. So no direct experience yet with it, just lots of data collecting :)

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
What days do you do the injections? 3x per week does seem like it would even things out even better than the "standard" 2x per week (at 3.5 days apart, so usually Sunday night, Thursday morning).

Are you using a sublingual DHEA? or the more typical capsules? I use the capsule, but heard that the sublingual was more effective/better.

What adrenal supp? I know that my doc strongly suggested I take DIM and an ADK supp (but neither are adrenal supps that I know of :)).

Any AI? I would guess none needed at that small(er) more frequent doses like that. (versus the larger, more spaced out doses)

and *OUCH* on the dulled needle :( What gauge are you using?

I am about to switch from pellets to injections myself. So no direct experience yet with it, just lots of data collecting :)
My doc told me to just do it M/W/F and see how I feel on Sundays. But I've adjusted to Monday morning (8am), Weds midday (4pm), Fri night (midnight) give or take a couple hours. He also set me on the HCG for M/F, but I switched to M/Th. He was trying to reduce the says I needed to inject as I was hesitant to do it in the first place.

He said most guys are fine on 2x/wk, but guys with low SHBG like me waste the test faster, so he recommended 3 for me.

I have DHEA caps from the pharmacy. He didn't mention sublingual. My DHEA was really low, so he doubled my dose compared to his average patients. I'd think if they offered sublingual, he'd have mentioned it due to that fact.

Because my bloods showed adrenal deficiency, he put me on a supp called a-drenal from a company called RLC. No clue if it's good or not, but I'm good just trying to follow his plan until bloods and then we can try adjusting.

I was on anastrozole 0.5 EOD with last doc. Because my e2 had reached mid 60s without it. New doc gave me .125 on injection days. But I was having some joint pain last week and skipped a dose. Felt better. So I think I will dose every over injection for a while just to see. You are probably right in that I no longer need it. I am not on DIM, either.

I use 26g 5/8" for test and 31g insulin needles for the HCG. What happened was I was pulling test into it and nature called. So I stopped and re-capped it. When I did, it hit the side a bit and I kinda felt it stick the plastic. I've done that before with xacto knives and things so I didn't really think much of it. But the burn going in and out. And the blood after? No thank you! Never again.

My previous doctor did the shots in his office. I was a wimp, which is why I picked that doctor. But I actually found that mine are actually LESS painful than his were. I think they were using bigger needles since they had to pump 6x the oil as I do.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
My doc told me to just do it M/W/F and see how I feel on Sundays. But I've adjusted to Monday morning (8am), Weds midday (4pm), Fri night (midnight) give or take a couple hours. He also set me on the HCG for M/F, but I switched to M/Th. He was trying to reduce the says I needed to inject as I was hesitant to do it in the first place.

He said most guys are fine on 2x/wk, but guys with low SHBG like me waste the test faster, so he recommended 3 for me.

I have DHEA caps from the pharmacy. He didn't mention sublingual. My DHEA was really low, so he doubled my dose compared to his average patients. I'd think if they offered sublingual, he'd have mentioned it due to that fact.

Because my bloods showed adrenal deficiency, he put me on a supp called a-drenal from a company called RLC. No clue if it's good or not, but I'm good just trying to follow his plan until bloods and then we can try adjusting.

I was on anastrozole 0.5 EOD with last doc. Because my e2 had reached mid 60s without it. New doc gave me .125 on injection days. But I was having some joint pain last week and skipped a dose. Felt better. So I think I will dose every over injection for a while just to see. You are probably right in that I no longer need it. I am not on DIM, either.

I use 26g 5/8" for test and 31g insulin needles for the HCG. What happened was I was pulling test into it and nature called. So I stopped and re-capped it. When I did, it hit the side a bit and I kinda felt it stick the plastic. I've done that before with xacto knives and things so I didn't really think much of it. But the burn going in and out. And the blood after? No thank you! Never again.

My previous doctor did the shots in his office. I was a wimp, which is why I picked that doctor. But I actually found that mine are actually LESS painful than his were. I think they were using bigger needles since they had to pump 6x the oil as I do.
Thanks. I am just taking OTC DHEA. My last blood test had my DHEA at the low end of "good". I still have relatively good quality of life (libido, energy levels, etc.) so I wasn't going to mess with it too much more, although it was pretty low (134 in an acceptable range of 31-701). But that was DHEA, not DHEA-S (which is more stable to test against). I may use DHEA-S the next test (I used it earlier in the year and it came in near the upper end of the range) and see if the last test was a fluke, or if I need up up my DHEA dosage.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I am just taking OTC DHEA. My last blood test had my DHEA at the low end of "good". I still have relatively good quality of life (libido, energy levels, etc.) so I wasn't going to mess with it too much more, although it was pretty low (134 in an acceptable range of 31-701). But that was DHEA, not DHEA-S (which is more stable to test against). I may use DHEA-S the next test (I used it earlier in the year and it came in near the upper end of the range) and see if the last test was a fluke, or if I need up up my DHEA dosage.
Yeah, my DHEA was 92.7 with a low reference of 102.6. The doc said anyone under 100, he sets up with 25mg 2x/day vs his normal 25mg recommendation. He said OTC was fine, but I went with the pharma version just to be sure on the potency, at least initially.

Since we're talking about it, my initial bloods with the new doc surfaced a few issues -
ALT high at 54 with a ref of 0-44
LDL high at 135 with a ref of 0-99
E2 high at 55.4 with a ref of 8-35
SHBG low at 13.9 with a ref of 16.5-55.9
Glucose was within normal range at 94 with a ref range of 65-99. But clearly on the top end.

SHBG as I understand it, is hereditary and tough to change. So I believe I'm just stuck with that one... What was scary to me is ALT and LDL being elevated. And glucose being pretty high too. I had a bout of fatty liver when I was a super overweight teenager, but nothing in years. And even then, my LDL was always low and HDL high. To see the LDL up was concerning.

I've added psyllium husk, NAC, and more fish oil to my staples to try to nip the issue in the bud.

But as I researched Slintensity, I was intrigued by one statement in dsade's writeup -
Once cells become insulin resistant, a cascade of bad things starts to happen in the body. 4OH-Ile has demonstrated the ability to reverse many of these problems. Namely, reducing total cholesterol, LDL, triglycerides, TNFa, liver enzymes AST and ALT, and HbA1c, while elevating HDL (15,18,19,21,22).
Based on this information, I suspect that I may be insulin resistant. And that may be the root cause of many of my recent issues. This is actually the biggest reason I asked to log this product. There are a lot of benefits, but one that is maybe a little less discussed is the positive effects it can have on insulin resistance.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
habajaba he means he switched to the taint for injection now. Much more effective. Lol
You start by tazing it. Then once it's numb, you inject. Or at least that is the protocol that hairygrandpa gave me.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You start by tazing it. Then once it's numb, you inject. Or at least that is the protocol that hairygrandpa gave me.
Make sure your needle is not too long when injecting into your taint, if not sure, stick your left index finger in your butt, abort if you feel the needle tip.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Make sure your needle is not too long when injecting into your taint, if not sure, stick your left index finger in your butt, abort if you feel the needle tip.
Or if you're left-handed like me, you can switch hands.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
The past few days, I've been dropping 1-3 Slintensity any time I have significant carbs. Usually 1-2 times a day. 3 is when I eat fast food. :)

I can definitely say that I feel better with Slintensity than without. Usually a carby meal leaves me feeling pretty lethargic. With Slintensity, I feel pretty normal. That said, I think I need to be careful or I'll be thinking I can eat even more carbs now!

My muscles seem to be more full and pumped on a regular basis. I'm assuming that's just due to additional nutrients making their way into my muscles. I don't feel that it's as noticeable after a single dose, but it seems to build up over time for me.

Performance is improving as well, this week. I shaved a good few minutes off my recent times.

So far so good!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
All day long. It's pretty pleasant actually. That said, I do worry that people are going to think I have syrup stuck in my beard causing the scent. :)