Bam Bam GHrows with MA Labs Somatozine

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
It's ya boy, Bam Bam, back at it again with a sweet logging opp thanks to one of AM's new sponsors, MA Labs! Thanks Mike Arnold and WesleyInman for the opportunity and for choosing me to review your product.
This log will be solely on the effects of the product Somatozine, which is a GH-focused supplement utilizing MK-677 along with some other goodies to enhance the process. I'll list the ingredient label below.
Somatozine Ingredient Profile
Per capsule:
MK-677: 12.5mg
Melatonin: 2.5mg
Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol): 2500iu
Zinc Orotate 15%: 15mg
Magnesium Glycinate 20%: 225mg
Selenium (as selenomethionine): 50mcg
Copper Glycinate: 1,000mcg

Also, I am going to include before/after pics as well as stats.
Before pics:
IMG_4316.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4328.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

Hopefully my posing will improve too, LOL!
I'm including a disclaimer here, as well, that I am in contest prep for my first show, two shows actually. As of today (7/8/2017) I am exactly 14 weeks out and 16 weeks out. So, my diet and supplements will be changing dramatically throughout this log and I will do my best to take this into consideration when observing the effects of Somatozine.
6 feet tall, 218.8lbs fasted morning weight.
I am planning on taking 1 cap a day before bed, so this bottle should last me 8 weeks, bringing me to 6 weeks out from the show.
Hope everyone finds benefit from this, and please feel free to ask any questions!!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
In brother, can't wait to see the results.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Also, some more information.
Diet:
Currently 6 meals a day along with a preworkout "meal" and post workout shake.
About 3500 kcal.
IMG_4495.jpg

Training:
High volume, sometimes short range of motion to maintain constant tension in the muscle, lots of supersets, dropsets, isometric holds, and other fun things.
Here's an example, my shoulder workout from yesterday.

Standing DB lateral raises
15x20, 20x20, 25x15, 30x15

Single arm cable rear delt flies
10x20, 15x20, 20x18, 25x15

Machine rear delt flies
100x30, 130x25, 170x19, 190x15

DB upright rows (single arm)
35x20, 3x40x15
SS w/
Seated DB lateral raises
15x20, 3x20x15

Seated DB shoulder press
40x20, 55x20, 70x15, 80x12

Single arm DB front raises - neutral hand position(hammer)
15x20, 20x15, 25x15
SS w/
Single arm standing DB lateral raises - resting arm supporting
30x15, 35x12, 40x12

Barbell OH press
45x20, 95x20, 135x15

Abs:
Rope crunches
3x77.5x15
Hanging leg raises
3 sets, each set: 10 reps straight forward, 10 reps in a circle motion alternating directions

Posing practice

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
Nice.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Knock, Knock

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
Great set up for the log. Looking forward to following.

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
Subbed!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Insies

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Took my first dose last night at 11:45pm, not sure if I really noticed anything. Possibly fell asleep faster.
What I do know is that I woke up this morning at 7am wide awake, and that does NOT happen for me. Usually it's hard for me to actually get up before 11am.
*I'm working at a bar right now so late hours, I don't usually get up early. I'm moving back home this week, about to graduate once I finish 2 online classes I'm taking. I'll be looking for a part time job while I get started on finding the start to my career.

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
I've noticed that it puts me to sleep quickly but it never knocks me out for an entire night so to speak.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I've noticed that it puts me to sleep quickly but it never knocks me out for an entire night so to speak.
Yeah, that's my past experience with MK-677 products as well. I sleep deep, and as a result I don't think I need to sleep *as long.*

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also, some more information.
Diet:
Currently 6 meals a day along with a preworkout "meal" and post workout shake.
About 3500 kcal.
View attachment 151045

Training:
High volume, sometimes short range of motion to maintain constant tension in the muscle, lots of supersets, dropsets, isometric holds, and other fun things.
Here's an example, my shoulder workout from yesterday.

Standing DB lateral raises
15x20, 20x20, 25x15, 30x15

Single arm cable rear delt flies
10x20, 15x20, 20x18, 25x15

Machine rear delt flies
100x30, 130x25, 170x19, 190x15

DB upright rows (single arm)
35x20, 3x40x15
SS w/
Seated DB lateral raises
15x20, 3x20x15

Seated DB shoulder press
40x20, 55x20, 70x15, 80x12

Single arm DB front raises - neutral hand position(hammer)
15x20, 20x15, 25x15
SS w/
Single arm standing DB lateral raises - resting arm supporting
30x15, 35x12, 40x12

Barbell OH press
45x20, 95x20, 135x15

Abs:
Rope crunches
3x77.5x15
Hanging leg raises
3 sets, each set: 10 reps straight forward, 10 reps in a circle motion alternating directions

Posing practice
Holy hell that is a LOT of sets for delts! I do 6 total sets. LOL.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Holy hell that is a LOT of sets for delts! I do 6 total sets. LOL.
Yes sir it is, but it's working. Looking more capped with each workout. My coach told me to make my workouts longer so that's what I did.
I also found great benefit in working from back to front. Rear delts usually lack in most guys, myself included, and are least worked, so you train them first, hit them hard. Then hit the medial delts which I feel are also lacking for me. Anterior delts are usually overpowering in most guys because they take over during chest exercises too often, so I hit them last with my last bit of energy for the workout.

sandpig

sandpig

Awards
  • Established
I love to annihilate my delts too.

Ive been told they are my best body part

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I love to annihilate my delts too.

Ive been told they are my best body part
My gf told me the same about mine, but I always thought they were lacking, or at least had the appearance of being lacking due to narrow clavicles.
I think my back is my strong point.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My gf told me the same about mine, but I always thought they were lacking, or at least had the appearance of being lacking due to narrow clavicles.
I think my back is my strong point.
I have narrow clavicles as well, but have put a lot of size on my delts--to the point where most people comment on how "wide" my shoulders are. I've added probably 1 foot of width to my shoulders since I first started training them. Each delt probably sticking out 6 inches past the end of my clavicle on either side, whereas before they literally hung straight down from my clavicle...no muscle at all. LOL.

Now that I think about it, I do 5 sets. 1 set of overhead presses, 2 sets of side laterals, and 2 sets of rear laterals, but I usually do all those exercises on different days. I like to hit each delt head when it is 100% fresh, so I usually do rear delts before training arms. I hit side delts after chest, as chest doesn't interfere with side delt work. I do overhead presses before training back. It's odd, I know, but it works, as I can put maximum effort into each set on each day. At my strongest (when I was 278 lbs, I am 250 lbs now) I was able to do overhead presses with 315 x 10, strict (no swing) side laterals with 70's...and for rear laterals I always used the rear delt machine--the reverse peck deck. I would use the whole stack, plus hang two 45 lb plates on it...for maybe 15 reps per set.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I have narrow clavicles as well, but have put a lot of size on my delts--to the point where most people comment on how "wide" my shoulders are. I've added probably 1 foot of width to my shoulders since I first started training them. Each delt probably sticking out 6 inches past the end of my clavicle on either side, whereas before they literally hung straight down from my clavicle...no muscle at all. LOL.

Now that I think about it, I do 5 sets. 1 set of overhead presses, 2 sets of side laterals, and 2 sets of rear laterals, but I usually do all those exercises on different days. I like to hit each delt head when it is 100% fresh, so I usually do rear delts before training arms. I hit side delts after chest, as chest doesn't interfere with side delt work. I do overhead presses before training back. It's odd, I know, but it works, as I can put maximum effort into each set on each day. At my strongest (when I was 278 lbs, I am 250 lbs now) I was able to do overhead presses with 315 x 10, strict (no swing) side laterals with 70's...and for rear laterals I always used the rear delt machine--the reverse peck deck. I would use the whole stack, plus hang two 45 lb plates on it...for maybe 15 reps per set.
Damn! Lol. I'm familiar with this kind of training and I think it can be very effective, seems like you are the perfect example of that.
I can relate as far as shoulder size goes. I started training at 110lbs body weight. Skin and bone high school kid. 218lbs now, with 235 being my heaviest ever. Now, people comment on how big and wide my shoulders are looking. I'm sure you can agree on how satisfying it is to hear that about something that used to be such a weak point!
Can't relate on strength though... holy crap!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
BamBam What type of Career are you going into ?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

12" of width? Not circumference? I've read that 18" is around average width, granted it's likely not a lean 18", and that 24" lean is outstanding. Are those numbers wrong, or did you literally have the worlds widest shoulders; assuming your shoulders were a bit more than 12" to start, which I'd imagine they have to be.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
BamBam What type of Career are you going into ?
My degree is in Nutrition & Exercise Physiology, and I have an interest in Corporate Wellness. However my dad is a big name in the tech sales field, and he's helping me get set up with some interviews and opportunities in inside sales positions with companies like VMWare, Dell, HP. If I got one of those, I'd be moving down to Austin, TX, which would be great! I just want to get out of the Midwest.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
error.

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
12" of width? Not circumference? I've read that 18" is around average width, granted it's likely not a lean 18", and that 24" lean is outstanding. Are those numbers wrong, or did you literally have the worlds widest shoulders; assuming your shoulders were a bit more than 12" to start, which I'd imagine they have to be.
Width. 6 inches may have been a bit much. But i know it's at least 4-5 inches on each side. My delts used to be completely flat--hanging straight down from my clavicles bones.

When I measure them I am talking about at the widest point of my shoulders, which is several inches down the side of my delt.

Edit: Just measured my delt width. It is over 24 inches. I will have my wife do it when she gets home, as it is hard for me to do it myself, but when measuring the widest part of one delt to the midpoint of my sternum (the halfway point), it is over 12 inches...slightly.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Width. My delts stick out at least 5 inches more on each side. My delts used to be completely flat--hanging straight down from my clavicles bones.
That's quite impressive man. Anyway, I don't mean to derail this thread too much, haha. I'll be following along here. Somatozine is definitely on my radar, and could likely be my first "technically, kind-of-sort-of non-natty supplement." I've been doing a good bit of research on it, and the effects combined with the promising safety profile is quite tempting.

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Sub a dub dub. Looking forward to following your progress man.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I'm already remembering why I love MK-677. My sleep is so much deeper and I wake up more refreshed and "awake."
That said, I'm still looking forward to the other benefits of the product - muscle fullness, possibly weight gain (maybe affected by my diet), pump, etc.
I'm already getting such good pumps in the gym, it's hard to believe it might be about to get even better!

Side note: I woke up at 219.0lbs this morning, heavier than I've been in the last month.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm already remembering why I love MK-677. My sleep is so much deeper and I wake up more refreshed and "awake."
That said, I'm still looking forward to the other benefits of the product - muscle fullness, possibly weight gain (maybe affected by my diet), pump, etc.
I'm already getting such good pumps in the gym, it's hard to believe it might be about to get even better!

Side note: I woke up at 219.0lbs this morning, heavier than I've been in the last month.
All Good News !!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Okay so I woke up at 221.6lbs this morning. That's 2lbs up from yesterday and 3lbs up since last week. Wtf?
Diet is still the same, training is great, just trying to write my last ever research paper as well as pack up everything in my apartment to move back home. I usually lose weight when stressed.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That's quite impressive man. Anyway, I don't mean to derail this thread too much, haha. I'll be following along here. Somatozine is definitely on my radar, and could likely be my first "technically, kind-of-sort-of non-natty supplement." I've been doing a good bit of research on it, and the effects combined with the promising safety profile is quite tempting.
Im in the same boat...been thinking of trying something a bit more grey area then pres and protein shakes lol. Subbed to follow along and learn more, great start so far Bam

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Im in the same boat...been thinking of trying something a bit more grey area then pres and protein shakes lol. Subbed to follow along and learn more, great start so far Bam
Thanks and welcome!
An MK-677 product like Somatozine would be a great safe introduction into the "grey area" as you called it. As a natural person, you'd probably see some incredible results from it!

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
Mk677 makes me hold a good bit of water weight. And if I get bloated too bad potassium helps level it out.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Mk677 makes me hold a good bit of water weight. And if I get bloated too bad potassium helps level it out.
It hasn't affected my weight much in the past, at least that I can remember. It's never really bloated me like some people have reported.
I'll keep this in mind in case I start looking bloated or anything, though.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Hey guys still alive here. Moved out of my apartment yesterday and have been packing all week so I've been pretty busy. I'm all moved in at my dad's house now though and hopefully will be settling down a bit as I start looking for jobs. Been sleeping great, and have had great pumps every workout. Looking big and full pretty much all day.
220lbs flat this morning.

Not much else to report!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This supplement really interest me. You are up 2lbs !!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
This supplement really interest me. You are up 2lbs !!
Back down to 218.4 today methinks it was just water weight but who knows? I'm still looking nice and full.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How you look in the mirror in the important thing!!

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hows the MK treating you Bam? Noticing any sides yet? Bloat, irritability, any crazy dreams?

Mike Arnold

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guys, keep in mind that Bam is also DIETING! Most people LOSE quite a bit of weight when they first start prep, but BAM has GAINED weight! Gaining even 2-3 pounds while dieting is impressive, especially when it happens within one week.

If you guys are wondering what kind of effects you will experience when taking it during the off-season, when calories are plentiful and you are trying to grow, I will say that 7-10 pounds is "average" (within the first 2 weeks, that is).

I am likely going to choose some more loggers for Somatozine, as I need some guys doing logs who are in the off-season and trying to grow, so everyone can see what it is really capable of when the body has all the calories it needs to sustain growth.

The current logs are great, but one guy (Bam) is dieting and the other guy can't train because he is injured (he is using it for recovery purposes; something it works very well for).

So, I will be needing 2-3 more guys who want to log an off-season run with it.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Yeah, so far everything is good. I think it's definitely increased my appetite; I can eat one of my larger meals of the day and be ready to eat again within 10 minutes. The muscle fullness is great. I sleep deep and wake up rested ready to go anytime I get up.
I was 219.0lbs fasted on Friday morning.
No bloating, no irritability (wouldn't expect this anyway since it has nothing to do with testosterone or anything)

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guys, keep in mind that Bam is also DIETING! Most people LOSE quite a bit of weight when they first start prep, but BAM has GAINED weight! Gaining even 2-3 pounds while dieting is impressive, especially when it happens within one week.

If you guys are wondering what kind of effects you will experience when taking it during the off-season, when calories are plentiful and you are trying to grow, I will say that 7-10 pounds is "average" (within the first 2 weeks, that is).

I am likely going to choose some more loggers for Somatozine, as I need some guys doing logs who are in the off-season and trying to grow, so everyone can see what it is really capable of when the body has all the calories it needs to sustain growth.

The current logs are great, but one guy (Bam) is dieting and the other guy can't train because he is injured (he is using it for recovery purposes; something it works very well for).

Im your man

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Am actually buying a bottle tomorrow. And will add it to my bulk run that I already have a log running for