Angcd3 goes off the Richter Scale with Quake 10.0 (Sponsored)

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
First I want to thank The Solution for giving me the opportunity to log this. I'm always on the look out for a solid low to no stim pre workout and judging from the profile of Quake 10.0 it cant get much better then this. I have a very high tolerance to stims and caffeine in general and just prefer not to load my body up with them. I'm really looking forward to running this because I am currently starting to lean out and recomp for the summer and hope this will help give me that extra push to achieve my goals.

A little about me I am 40(almost 41) 6'1 and sitting at 220lbs this is the most I have weighed since I lost over 130lbs, I'd like to get back down to around 205 or so but the weight is secondary for me at this point and I'm trying to go more by how I look then how much I weigh.

I currently lift 4-5 times per week as well as 2-3 cardio sessions on top of that(one on a day I lift ,one solo cardio day, and one day of soccer) So ill update my thoughts and opinion of the Quake as well as my workouts, nutrition and dosing along the way. Looking forward to getting it and getting this started! Also should have mentioned in the title this is the Non stim version!!

Quake-Stim-Free.jpg

bighulksmash Brandinooooo hairygrandpa SFreed Sparkss
FireTitan HIT4ME smith_69 Tank999 mmorso ryane87
Rocket3015 justhere4comm blueline438 habajaba thorsdad31 lukehayd
BloodManor BEAST73 Studhorse Alpha1agreda

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
Here u will love this product!!!

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Always up to find a new pre...
In for another former "large" fellow ;)

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In to see you get Quaked!

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
In studly!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IN for some Stim free Pre. curious to see how this works for you?
Oh I almost forgot! NOODZ!!!!!!!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
IN for some Stim free Pre. curious to see how this works for you?
Oh I almost forgot! NOODZ!!!!!!!
Who are you kidding.. you didnt almost forget!!! lmao

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
We already popping in here. Lets keep it focus on the product and your progress man! thanks for getting this up!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
We already popping in here. Lets keep it focus on the product and your progress man! thanks for getting this up!
No doubt! Looking forward to it. !

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. I have a few samples of this that I haven't tried yet. Looking forward to your opinion on iy

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is why we can't have nice things. People just drink stuff and don't read :)
Seems to be a good habit of those on anabolic minds :) ;) :) :) :)
"This is why we can't have nice things" cracking me up! I use to tell my children that.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Present !!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Following!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Got home and found this waiting for me! Big thanks to The Solution for for the huge shaker and Xtend samples too !!

Going to get this started tomorrow morning !!

IMG_2962.JPG

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Ok so even though I had a crzy busy weekend with my daughter with field hockey i was able to get in a workout Saturday morning before we left and was able to give the Quake 10.0 a try. Right now I will be running the stimmed version(since that is what was sent to me due to some company and warehouse changes).. I am currently on a cut so really hoping this will give me an extra push I need in the gym due to my no carb and lower calories.

Morning weight was 214.4 (two weeks ago I was 222.2)

Work out time 9:30am
Dosed two scoops @9:15 as I was walking out the door
Initial thoughts of Quake 10.0: As soon as you open it you can see its not really like most all other pre's its a fine powder type consistency as opposed to the crystal/granule type of most.
Serving 2 scoops

Mixability 10/10: Mixed it in a glass with the about 8 oz of water with a spoon disolved right away

Taste 9/10: It had a very good taste Lemon is one of my favorite flavors I did not think it was too strong or too sweet reminded me of a lemonhead I use to have as a kid( i cant remember if they started out sour or not but that's the first thing that popped in my head)

Energy: 7/10: I actually felt a nice steady Energy throughout my workout I do have a high stim tolerance so I wasn't expecting a lot but I could tell it provided me with a nice little boost to keep me moving during my workout

Pump 7/10: I got a very nice pump while doing chest. I could definitely tell I had extra blood flowing to my chest during my workout. It wasn't a crazy amount to where it negatively affected my work outbput just enough to feel a good solid pump

Endurance 10/10: This is what I really liked here I had limited time so my plan for my work out was to do my incline bench heavy and with more rest between sets, then rip through the rest of my workout with very little (around 30 secs between sets) while doing this I could tell that I was ready to hit the next set right away and was able to keep pushing this pace during my entire work out I credit that to the peak o2, (which I have taken in the past) so i could feel the positive effects of it right away.

Work out:
Incline bench:
Warm up- 135 (15) 135(15)
Working sets - 185 (10) 225 (10) 225 (10) 255(10) 275(8) 225(10) 225(8) 225(8)
Incline DB Flyes:
55(10) 60(10) 65(10) 70(10) 75(8) 80(8) 55(15 no rest after the 80's)
Hammer strength chest press (seated sideways one side at time) I put two 45's on each side and do 12-15 reps (5 sets)
Cables 4 sets of each (high, mid and low)

Really liked the quake for my first workout.... I have bi/tri lined up for tonight once again it will be a quick moving workout since I have to take my daughter to practice and will have about an hour to get it all in.. stay tuned.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good first update bud

Is that a fasted or fed training session? if it was a fed session how soon did you eat your pre-workout meal prior? Something we may have to alter and play around with to find the best dosing to suit you.

As far as energy this is not something that will slap you in the face, its going to be a gradual long lasting streaming energy. How long did you feel the energy lasted for when dosing the quake? Most find it going well into the post-workout period and even longer.

Throw in some intensity techniques (dropsets, accumulation sets, rest pause sets, supersets) and i bet you will see this really shine for the pump (unless you are training fasted) then you may not get the full benefits of the pump agents.

Do you plan on trying 1 or 1.5 scoop to get a full assessment of quake?

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
8 lbs dropped in 2 weeks! nice.
I hear you on being busy. that time of the year when you have kids in competitive sports!
Keep trucking along brother!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Good first update bud

Is that a fasted or fed training session? if it was a fed session how soon did you eat your pre-workout meal prior? Something we may have to alter and play around with to find the best dosing to suit you.

As far as energy this is not something that will slap you in the face, its going to be a gradual long lasting streaming energy. How long did you feel the energy lasted for when dosing the quake? Most find it going well into the post-workout period and even longer.

Throw in some intensity techniques (dropsets, accumulation sets, rest pause sets, supersets) and i bet you will see this really shine for the pump (unless you are training fasted) then you may not get the full benefits of the pump agents.

Do you plan on trying 1 or 1.5 scoop to get a full assessment of quake?
It was a fasted training session... my weekend workouts usually are fasted and the ones during the week i have a pre workout meal.. will note that going forward. The energy lasted through out my workout (will see if I feel anything after my workout as I did not think about it much after I left the gym)

Will do on the training techniques.. I usually try to change things up with my workouts so this wont be a problem.. And I can totally try 1 or 1 1/2 scoops to note the differences..

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
8 lbs dropped in 2 weeks! nice.
I hear you on being busy. that time of the year when you have kids in competitive sports!
Keep trucking along brother!
Tell me about it..but like you have said nothing better then watching our kids play! Wouldn't change one second of it. !!!!
And thanks brother.. thats what a steady diet of only grilled chicken/steak and broccoli can do for me .. along with some extra cardio.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Nice work starting off your cut. Still strong as hell even though you have dropped 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I love Quake.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Nice work starting off your cut. Still strong as hell even though you have dropped 8 lbs in 2 weeks. I love Quake.
Thanks.. !

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Last night was bi's and tri's

2:45 8oz of chicken and 1/2 cup of broccoli
3:55 Dosed 1 scoop of Quake right before I left my office

Mixed right away with just a few stirs did not even use a shaker..
Taste I used less water with only one scoop and the taste was still very good, it's actually very refreshing

4:20 Work out arms all supersets ( I had just a little more then one hour to get it all in before I had to take my daughter to practice)

Barbell curls/close grip bench 5 sets of each
Warm up: 65(15)/135(15) did this twice then 95(10)/225(10) x5
DB curls/cable push downs: 55/(i never pay attention to the weight on cables just select what feels just heavy enough to just get my 10 reps) x5
rope hammer curls/overhead rope extensions x5
strait bar cable curls/one arm cross body extensions x5
bent over hanging one arm curls/kick backs: 45/30 x5

I really pushed the pace to get this all in and the Quake had my arms extra pumped felt the pump coming on during the first set and lasted though out the entire workout and well after I was finished. I definitely had the energy and endurance to push the pace on this workout and honestly one scoop did not feel all that different energy wise then two. I am curious how much more of a pump I would have gotten from two though, wondering if it might be little to much for an arm work out like this (will test two scoops out on my next arm day to compare.) After only two uses I am really liking this Quake so far.. it gives nice energy , endurance and a very nice pump. Back is up for tonight!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What I am curious on, is if you actually had some carbs pre-workout the effects would of been much better.
Are you on keto? how many carbs are you consuming? If I were you toss in 30-50g pre/intra workout for quake to really get the full benefits. IF dietary allows for it. depending on your macros and calories of course.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
What I am curious on, is if you actually had some carbs pre-workout the effects would of been much better.
Are you on keto? how many carbs are you consuming? If I were you toss in 30-50g pre/intra workout for quake to really get the full benefits. IF dietary allows for it. depending on your macros and calories of course.
Yeah on Keto right now. Trying to lean out some and my body just responds the best/quickest to no carbs then anything else.
I do this to give me a kick start then gradually add back in a little carbs, sweet potato, brown rice things like that.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah on Keto right now. Trying to lean out some and my body just responds the best/quickest to no carbs then anything else.
I do this to give me a kick start then gradually add back in a little carbs, sweet potato, brown rice things like that.
do you consume and intra-workout carbs (karbolyn, HBCD, dextrose etc??) If so that would help the product shine if you took them with quake prior to training or sipping on it during your session. If not totally understand.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
do you consume and intra-workout carbs (karbolyn, HBCD, dextrose etc??) If so that would help the product shine if you took them with quake prior to training or sipping on it during your session. If not totally understand.
I do not. coming from being very overweight I have an aversion to consuming alot of carbs in general (more of a mental thing then anything else lol) even when not on Keto. So I have never really looked into an intra workout carb drink.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I do not. coming from being very overweight I have an aversion to consuming alot of carbs in general (more of a mental thing then anything else lol) even when not on Keto. So I have never really looked into an intra workout carb drink.
Could be the missing tool to take your workouts to another level. Carbs are simply that calories. Instead of having a higher fat intake you could reduce and place the carbs when they matter most (pre/intra/post) which could not only aid your workouts. But also elevate your mood and energy. Nothing to fear about them especially when they can optimize your training.

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Could be the missing tool to take your workouts to another level. Carbs are simply that calories. Instead of having a higher fat intake you could reduce and place the carbs when they matter most (pre/intra/post) which could not only aid your workouts. But also elevate your mood and energy. Nothing to fear about them especially when they can optimize your training.
Appreciate the advice.. always willing to try something that will help take my workouts to another level.!

angcd3

angcd3

Awards
Workout #3 with Quake..Back/Abs

Started my normal prep 2:45 ate my 8oz of chicken 2 tbs of peanut butter
3:50 Mixed up the Quake still used 1 scoop again today and slammed it down right before I walked out the door
I also grabbed a quest bar(smores) as I was walking into the gym, was pretty hungry but this helped..

5 sets of pullups 10 reps
Bent over bar rows: 135(12) 225(10) 225(10) 225(10) 275(8) 315(6) 225(10) 225(10)
Wide grip lat pull downs: 5x10. I try to go has heavy I can but if i cant get the full 10 reps with good form I drop the weight I couple clicks to finish out the 10
Seated rows with two handles 5x10: getting a full extension on each rep with a nice pause squeeze with the lats
Superset High rope pulls with Strait arm lat pull downs with the rope as well: 5x12
Abs:
Decline sit ups 5x25
Weighted kneeling rope crunches 5x25
Hanging leg crunches 3 sets to failure

The Quake treated me well again. Still liking the taste no mix-ability issues at all I really was feeling a little sluggish heading to the gym but once the quake kicked in I was good to go. Nice energy and was focused as heck, I really love training back but I could really feel my back working though the entire work out, had the mind muscle connection going on, which was awesome. Rest and recovery between sets was good 45 secs to a minute between all except when I went heavy on rows (took a little longer). I'm not sure if it was just a mental thing or not but i actually felt like my lats were pumped normally dont get this feeling when training back but I liked it. !
Taking my daughter to practice right after work so today is one of my off days from lifting but there is a nice trail that I get a good 4 1/2 mile run in on so its cardio time today for me. I never take a preworkout before just strait cardio, but with the extra's in Quake like Peak o2 I might take a scoop and see The Solution what do you think about this?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You say you avoid carbs but you eat quest bars.... Right.. lol
Screw that artifical stuff and use some real carbs. Invest in some HBCD, Karbolyn, or simply mix your intra-workout with some gatorade (Simple carbs) aim for 25-30g to start and work upward to 50g.

This should take your training, recovery, and intensity to another level. Mark those words.
Drop some fat in your diet to compensate for the added carbs/calories. I think you will benefit from it greatly. I would suggest trying it for 2-3 weeks before making any changes or dropping it. My 2 cents.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You can take the quake (would be better for non-stim for the endurance runs) but if you wanted to sure go for it.
Again I would still make the training changes.. don't get carbs from a protein bar which is an inferior source and place it more towards whole food or carb powders which are digested at better rates and aim for optimal performance. my 2 cents.