Bwdill is Looking for Some SERIOUS Size with BPS BRAWN

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First off a HUGE Thanks to BPS and lukehayd for giving me this opportunity to log BRAWN.

What is BRAWN?
"Brawn is a natural muscle builder containing 5a-hydroxy laxogenin at 100mg per capsule. Research has demonstrated that 5a-hydroxy laxogenin increases protein synthesis by over 200%, which has significant positive ramifications for building muscle mass.2 Muscle protein synthesis, in a nutshell, is the physiological process that creates protein from amino acids. Since muscles are comprised largely of proteins, the more synthesis occurs, the more muscles hypertrophy (grow)."

What benefits can be expected?
- Increase muscle protein synthesis by over 200%*
- Reduce cortisol and help manage stress
- Boost strength, power, and endurance*
- Enhance metabolic rate and fat loss*
- Fight inflammation and promote recovery

What are my plans for using this product?
I am very excited to try this product out as I have heard nothing but great feedback on Laxogenin. My plan is to increase protein intake to take advantage of the enhance protein synthesis from the product. I workout first thing upon waking and I plan to dose this product with 1 cap about 30-45min before my workout along with a 10g dose of BCAAs. On Off days I will be trying to dose it with first meal of the day.

CURRENT ROUTINE:
Monday - Back
Tuesday - Chest and Shoulders
Wednesday - Deadlifts
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Arms

My routine is pretty basic in the movements that I do. I stick to the big movements and make those my priorities, then move in to the smaller accessory movements. Typically I stay in the 3-4sets of 5-8 for the big movements, and 3 sets of 8-10 for the smaller movements.

Today's Workout was short and intense.....
Cheat Rows 3/8 (TBARS on Low Pulley) - 280x8, 290x8, 290x8
Cheat Shrugs 4/8 - 465x8, 465x8, 465x8
Pull Ups 3/failure - 8,8,8

Pre-Workout: 10g Bulk BCAAs; 1scoop Nitraflex
Intra: Bulk Creatine+Carbotein
Post Workout: 10g Bulk BCAAs

Meal 1:
40g Whey Shake

Meal 2:
6oz Lean Ground Beef
Whole Wheat Flat Bun burger bun
1.5 Slice of Smoked Gouda Cheese

TARGET DAILY MACROS:
Cal - 2900cal
Pro - 300g
Carb - 280g
Fat - 64g

*Notes: I dosed a single cap about 12 hours prior to this morning's dose to kick things off, so at about 5:30PM yesterday.

runtyemonster

Awards
What are your stats? Bw and maxes. I'm interested in laxo and want to see if there are any significant strength gains.

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Interested! Here to follow. Subbed

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What are your stats? Bw and maxes. I'm interested in laxo and want to see if there are any significant strength gains.
Sorry, I should have included that in my OP.....

5'10
198lbs

Bench:
290 but I don't Flat Bench too much

Squat:
Last time I maxed on Squat it was 385, but currently I have only been box squatting in order to utilize a heavier workload. In about 2months I will switch back to standard back squat.

Deadlift:
Havent tried lately, but last week I DL'd 420x7 for 3 sets.

OHP:

I will be noting if I see any strength gains, but I think the gains in strength would have more to do with the increased rate of recovery which may allow you to push heavier weights more often........We will see!!!

Wimsicle

Wimsicle

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, I should have included that in my OP.....

5'10
198lbs

Bench:
290 but I don't Flat Bench too much

Squat:
Last time I maxed on Squat it was 385, but currently I have only been box squatting in order to utilize a heavier workload. In about 2months I will switch back to standard back squat.

Deadlift:
Havent tried lately, but last week I DL'd 420x7 for 3 sets.

OHP:

I will be noting if I see any strength gains, but I think the gains in strength would have more to do with the increased rate of recovery which may allow you to push heavier weights more often........We will see!!!
Damn bro you strong as hell compared to me at that weight!! Haha

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn bro you strong as hell compared to me at that weight!! Haha
Haha thanks brother! It comes with time, if you would have seen my numbers 2years ago they would have been smaller. :)

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can't wait to see what results I get. Everything I've read about laxogenin was positive!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can't wait to see what results I get. Everything I've read about laxogenin was positive!
When I ran a high dose of BPS's transdermal Laxacrine, it was like running a mild but productive cycle. Had that "on" feeling.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've seen this product but haven't tried it yet! In on this!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just woke up for my workout today. Took my 10g of BCAAs + BRAWN about 10min ago. Now I am sipping on my preworkout Pineapple Nitraflex.

Today is chest and shoulders:
Incline BB Press
Decline BB Press
Flat Bench Flyes
BB OHP
DB Side Laterals

Wish me luck!!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
lukehayd BPS is it necessary to keep an intake of laxogenin every 12hours? I know with certain supplements there always needs to be some present in your system to reap the benefits.

In other words, is there a "life cycle" for laxogenin or is it truly effective to take your dose once a day?

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tuesday's Workout.....
Incline BB Press 3/6-8: warmup, warmup, 205x8, 215x6, 215x6
BB OHP 4/5-7: warmup, warmup, 155x8, 165x7, 165x6, 165x6
Decline Cable Crossovers (3sec negatives) 3/10: warmup, 30x10, 35x10, 35x10
DB Lateral+Front Raise Superset 3/10: warmup, 25x10, 30x10, 30x10

Still dosing 1 pill about 30-45min prior to my workouts along with 10g BCAAs. Still keeping protein intake to about 1.5g/lb, but I did dial back carbs so that my overall caloric intake remains the same.

Last night I got hit with a nasty migraine and woke up this morning to workout, but still felt a little rough. That being said I will be pushing my Deadlift day to tomorrow, and move "Arm day" to Saturday.

Nothing noticeable yet, but it is only my 4th dose so I really expect it to pick up by this weekend. :)

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lukehayd BPS is it necessary to keep an intake of laxogenin every 12hours? I know with certain supplements there always needs to be some present in your system to reap the benefits.

In other words, is there a "life cycle" for laxogenin or is it truly effective to take your dose once a day?
I would say that a once per day dose is effective. Splitting the dose up could help speed up the effects I would assume. I haven't ever seen anything about lax having a half life or what that actually might be.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today's Lift.......
Deadlifts 4/5-7: warmup, warmup, 415x5, 415x5, 425x5, 425x5

Short and sweet.

I used to have my Day 3 as a Rest Day, but changed it up about a month ago to be a Deadlift Day. Every now and then I will throw in accessory work if I missed it earlier in the week.

Took 1 cap BRAWN 30-45 minutes preworkout along with 10g BCAAs

Pre-Workout: Pina Coloda Nitraflex
Intra: Carbotein + Creatine

Should start the strength really go up, but I did notice today that there was a "fuller" feeling in my lower/upper back after my DL session. Could be that I had a higher sodium intake last night with some wings and pizza for the hockey game, OR it may be the BRAWN kicking in......

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today's Lifts
Smith Machine Leg Press 5/10: warmup, warmup, 250, 275, 300, 300, 300

Woke up late and crunched for time so I put my focus on Smith Machine Leg Presses.

Every now and then I switch it up to these in place of my squats. Usually on days that my upper back and traps are beaten up from Shrugs and Deadlifts.

Noticing the constant "pump"/"fullness" a little more day by day.

I will know if strength has increased next week.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Over the Weekend:
1 dose with first meal of the day (typically a shake upon waking)

Today's Workout:
Incline BB Bench 5/5 - warmup, warmup, 210, 210, 210, 210, 210
Low Pulley T-Bars 5/5 - warmup, warmup, 280, 280, 280, 280, 280
Cheat Shrugs 3/6 - 475x7, 475x6, 475x6

Still taking 1 dose about 30-45min before my workout. I have noticed the "fullness" a lot more often now that I have been taking BRAWN for a week. I also felt a lot stronger in my heavy rows and shrugs. Last week I pulled 465 for shrugs and 280 on rows for only 2 sets.

Diet has not changed, still taking in 2900 calories and pretty much eating the same foods throughout the week - chicken breast, ground turkey, beans, rice, bananas, blueberries, mixed steamed veggies, nut butters, pasta, etc....

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Where is everyone?!?!? Haha will have today's workout up shortly....

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm still here! You can't get rid of me that easily!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is it working, do you feel stronger.
Today's Lifts
Squats 5/5: warmup, warmup, 225, 225, 225, 225, 225
BB OHP 5/5: warmup, warmup, 150, 150, 150, 150, 150

Had to cut my session short because the kids invaded me haha, but I'll do my DLs tomorrow which will give me a good idea of strength changes.

I haven't squatted in a little while so I can't gauge strength gains, and BB OHP I have not hit as high of volume on so strength will be measured next session.

I have noticed that recovery is better, maybe not CNS as much as muscular but it's there for sure.

Will know if strength is up after tomorrow morning!!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today's Lifts.....
Incline BB Bench 5/5: warmup, warmup, 215, 215, 215, 215, 215
Low Pulley T-Bars 5/5: warmup, warmup, 280, 280, 280, 285, 285

*missed DLs again and Cheat Shrugs, which I will move to tomorrow.

Weight UPDATE: Weighed in at 201 prior to my workout this morning which is a gain of roughly 3lbs.

Strength is still moving up in lifts and I will know my DL numbers after tomorrow. It has just been a bad week with sick kids and wife so sleep has been off and I have trying to help out with everything (wife runs a business from home) where I can......long nights and early mornings!

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You're doing 2 caps a day right?

Hope the fam gets over the sickness quickly! Really sucks being sick but it's worse when it's your wife or kids.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You're doing 2 caps a day right?

Hope the fam gets over the sickness quickly! Really sucks being sick but it's worse when it's your wife or kids.
I'm at 1cap right now

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday's Lifts:
Deadlifts 5/5: warmup, warmup, 425, 430, 430, 430, 430
Cheat Shrugs 5/5: warmup, 475, 480, 480, 480, 480

That's all I got in yesterday since those are what I missed on Friday's session.

Numbers continue to go up without any difficulty. BUT one key to remember when increasing strength is to add as little as possible while still making progress. I see a lot of guys try to add 30-40lbs to a deadlift over the course of 1-2weeks. Not a problem if you're a beginner, but if you're already in your 3RM than it's not happening haha

Had a semi cheat meal last night - almost 40 pieces of sushi. So I didn't weigh in today for the sake of accuracy since I took in a lot of soy sauce last night....probably holding 5lbs of water retention weight this morning haha

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's Lifts:
Deadlifts 5/5: warmup, warmup, 425, 430, 430, 430, 430
Cheat Shrugs 5/5: warmup, 475, 480, 480, 480, 480

That's all I got in yesterday since those are what I missed on Friday's session.

Numbers continue to go up without any difficulty. BUT one key to remember when increasing strength is to add as little as possible while still making progress. I see a lot of guys try to add 30-40lbs to a deadlift over the course of 1-2weeks. Not a problem if you're a beginner, but if you're already in your 3RM than it's not happening haha

Had a semi cheat meal last night - almost 40 pieces of sushi. So I didn't weigh in today for the sake of accuracy since I took in a lot of soy sauce last night....probably holding 5lbs of water retention weight this morning haha
On my last cheat day my final meal was 26 Buffalo wings with a bag of gummy worms on top of it...and I went up by exactly 5 lbs in the morning! Great log

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On my last cheat day my final meal was 26 Buffalo wings with a bag of gummy worms on top of it...and I went up by exactly 5 lbs in the morning! Great log
Haha nice! Thanks brotha

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Wait you're only dosing 1 cap per day and seeing results?? Do you plan to move up to 2/day?

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wait you're only dosing 1 cap per day and seeing results?? Do you plan to move up to 2/day?
I might eventually, but I am a minimal effective dose kind of guy. All of the studies I read before applying had results from 50-100mg per day. This stuff has been great so far!

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I might eventually, but I am a minimal effective dose kind of guy. All of the studies I read before applying had results from 50-100mg per day. This stuff has been great so far!
That's amazing that means you could Get 2 months off 1 bottle??

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Today's Lifts:
Squats 5/5 - warmup, warmup, 230, 230, 230, 230, 230
BB OHP 5/5 - warmup, warmup, 155, 155, 155, 155, 155

Upon Waking: 1cap BRAWN + 10g BCAAs

Pre: 1scoop Nitraflex + .5scoop Carbotein

Intra: 1scoop Carbotein + 1scoop JetMass

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's cool that you are getting the results from 1 cap per day!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have debated over the last few days of maybe taking a dose every 12 hours......aka 2caps a day to see if results increase.

It's just hard to justify when all of the research I have seen has results with the 50-100mg range.

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bout to hit some deadlifts this morning so we will see if I can keep adding weight!

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bout to hit some deadlifts this morning so we will see if I can keep adding weight!
Scratch that, I DL'd on Saturday so today is Bench, Row, Squat...

bwdill

bwdill

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Any noticeable size or weight gain at this point brother?
Weighed in at 201 yesterday so yes I have noticed about about 3lbs in weight gain.

Been very strict on my diet as well.

Yesterday's Lifts
Incline Bench 5/5: warmup, warmup, 220, 220, 220, 220, 220
Low Pulley TBars 5/5: warmup, warmup, 280, 285, 285, 285, 285

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Weighed in at 201 yesterday so yes I have noticed about about 3lbs in weight gain.

Been very strict on my diet as well.

Yesterday's Lifts
Incline Bench 5/5: warmup, warmup, 220, 220, 220, 220, 220
Low Pulley TBars 5/5: warmup, warmup, 280, 285, 285, 285, 285
That weight gain is awesome man