Jayo84 will rok some workouts with MST's RagNoRok

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Wassupp all!!

I am very excited to start this log today! Thanks to abajaba and MST I get to run their NON Caffeinated RagNORok as seen here

Minus the caffeine!

Info
*32 yr old male
*5'8" @ 168lbs
I have tried so many pre-workouts I have lost track so I have a ton of experience!

Workout Types
*Usually Crossfit 3-4x a week and Barbell 1-2x per week
*Crossfit starts with 10-20 minutes of skill and strength work, Than a 10-30 minute WOD (workout of the day)
On days when I do Barbell it's usually before or after a Crossfit session so this stuff will be put to the test!

Today will be a great test as I will be doing 1 hour barbell class then a 1 hour team workout!!

Here we go!!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! I'll get in on this!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Welcome!!

First impressions!

*Mixes great! No issues at all
*Taste's pretty accurate. I got a good hint of coconut in the beginning and enjoyed the drink all the way to the end. They did not throw in a bunch of sweetner to help it, which is a good thing!

WOW! I need more doses to know for sure but wow. It took a good 30 minutes to kick in but I felt it.

I immediately starting feeling warmer and sweatier about 20 minutes into lifting.
I was getting deeper into the program but not feeling like I needed to quit.
Barbell went pretty damn good. I clean and jerked 85% of my 1rm and it felt GOOD!

This is where is gets even better.

Warm up for team workouts was a 800 meter run. This is where I felt the effects best. the run starts level but inclines towards the middle and declines a the end. Approaching the hill I know usually I will start slowing down to help not lose my breath. There is a long distance female runner that crossfits with us and I always challenge her to shorter distances. I took off on her and kept going! I got back to the gym from the run and it took next to no time to level my breathing. This is awesome for me!!!

Team workout was rough but I can tell without a doubt I am able to catch my breath faster!! I was able to rep out Full snatches all the way to the end of the workout. Really Awesome!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Workout 2 Was ROK'd!!!

This stuff seems pretty amazing.

I think I would rename the flavor from Punch to Pina Colada.
The mix again was great, just a little bit of cordyceps grit at the end. After having 2 other products with cordyceps in it, all of them have the same grit.

The first dose was after I drank a shake and ate a kodiak cake.
This dose was on a mostly empty stomach with no protein like the tub label suggests,
and the result was huge! It only took 5 minutes to get the itchy face feeling, letting me know the Nitric Carnage blend was going to work!!

Yesterdays workout was

Sets of ME (max effort) rope climbs in 2 minutes, I was able to get 11 rope climbs then 8 rope climbs. I wasn't pushing the issue as I did not want to burnout for the very difficult WOD

WOD 3 Rounds for Time:

750 Meter Row then
10 Bear complexes with 95lbs
* Bear complex:
-Power clean
-Front squat
-Push press
-Back squat
-Push press

Damn this workout was hard! BUT....

The first 750m row was one of my best ever! I was able to keep a moderate pace the whole row and was even able to chat during the row a little. I am usually gassed by 400 meters. So I know I was rowing at a higher level!! After getting off the rower I was ready to kill some barbell

By the 3rd round I was wondering about life's decisions but still had the mental focus to push through!

Out of 12 guys, I was the 3rd fastest!!! I will take that all day!

So far I am amazed with this product.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
This is awesome. Somehow I missed the notification on this, but I'm in here now.

Looks like you're killing it and Rag is doing its job! Keep up the great work man, glad Rag is doing you so good!

We need to steal the mega tag list from FireTitan and get some peeps in here on this!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
This is awesome. Somehow I missed the notification on this, but I'm in here now.

Looks like you're killing it and Rag is doing its job! Keep up the great work man, glad Rag is doing you so good!

We need to steal the mega tag list from FireTitan and get some peeps in here on this!
Damn right! lol!

Although a lot of those guys don't admire the crossfit workouts lol.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Not just 1 workout rok'd but 2!!

Yesterday was the ultimate test of endurance! I thought for sure I would not be able to stay for barbell class however.... I DID

Crossfit class was

Conditioning
Metcon (AMRAP - Rounds and Reps)
AMRAP 10 minutes:
-5 Burpees
-5 T2B/K2E/Tuck-Ups
-5 Box Jumps (30"/24")(24"/20")(20"/16")
-100m run

This workout was pretty rough. It was just about a sprint start to finish. I pushed pretty hard and did really well! As a matter of fact I was number 1 MALE!!
in the gym with 6 rounds and 30 ft away from getting the 7th round!! I had to sit down and catch my breath like I was dying lol. At this point I thought there is no way I will have enough energy left to complete the strength and certainly not stay for Barbell... However after a short 5 minute rest, I felt well enough to everything!

Strength/Skill
Plate Holds (3 sets x ME (35/25))
*If you can't hold for at least 20 sec, drop to (25/15).
Sorinsen Hold (3 sets x ME)
*If you can hold 30+ seconds, add weight.

After completing this strength I was planning on going home, but after assessing my energy level, and mentally considering lifting I went for it. I believe the focal blend helped me overcome giving in!!

Barbell workout

A: Hang Muscle Clean (50-60/3 x 5 sets) 95lbs
B: Clean (50/2, 60/2, 70/2, 80/2, 90/2, 95/1, 100/1, 90/2x2 )==I was able to hit 205 which is only 10lbs under my PR! Awesome!
DO NOT GO OVER 100%!!!
C1: Strict Pullups (3 sets x 8-10 reps) I got 8 reps then 6 reps. Pretty much cooked

Even after all of this I was able to function fine after and do a couple things at home.. All without caffeine! I am truly amazed!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
A look at the good stuff

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Nice work, brother! That is no joke!

Sending out the bat signal to all the CrossFit haters. Let's show them how you can be legit and do CrossFit too. :)
bighulksmash booneman77 thebigt hairygrandpa rtmilburn alphagainz SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 DennisTheDane ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 lifted67 smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan alphagainz ChocolateClen justhere4comm matt8483 ryane87 nostrum420 mmorso Brandinooooo HIT4ME thebigt NewAgeMayan hairygrandpa Dirty Dan UnicornDrpns Jebrook Bmac63095 TNlifting BEAST73 Tank999 BloodManor angcd3 mmorso 123abcabcabc Macyyy

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Oh sh1t. Its the cross***.

I'm kidding bro lol. I'm subbed man. I still have no idea what a wod is. A spit wad?

Hell of a workout man. Keep it up

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thanks for the tag! Im definitely in on this one. Perfect timing!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
sorrynotsorry.jpg

J/K. I'm here. :afro:

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
haha, have your fun! I welcome all of you!

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
In. I have a tub of Rag that I have been holding on to, I may break it out shortly. I love the flavor and the endurance and focus was top notch when I used it a couple of months back.

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha, have your fun! I welcome all of you!
It's about time we got a crossfitter in here!
I know my chiropractor loves it! has really boosted business.
My oldest daughter does it and loves it. she is a 100lb. beast! and only 27 years old. I stopped by one day and watched her class and my lower old a ss back was sore from just waching it. :rofl:

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
In. I have a tub of Rag that I have been holding on to, I may break it out shortly. I love the flavor and the endurance and focus was top notch when I used it a couple of months back.
Damn right! Get it out!

It's about time we got a crossfitter in here!
I know my chiropractor loves it! has really boosted business.
My oldest daughter does it and loves it. she is a 100lb. beast! and only 27 years old. I stopped by one day and watched her class and my lower old a ss back was sore from just waching it. :rofl:
Haha. Someone has to keep them in business!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When summoned, except by the courts, I come. :D
Great product, glad to be here.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Very nice, sir! Had no idea you were a part of our elite club. :)

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Very nice, sir! Had no idea you were a part of our elite club. :)
I had asked in your other thread if the latest tubs were any different (formula, etc.) from the ones I bought around 3Q2016? (from which I have 1 left, but I cycle through different PWOs a lot :)).

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this one as well!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Welcome again!

Yesterday was a day off from training. Although I did end up mowing grass and jogging at a park, Got just over 3 miles in wearing a 20lb vest..
Could have used the PWO for that, but didn't think about it.

Today I am torn between crossfit or going to the gym and doing some lifting on my own. I am not impressed with today's programming....

Strength==I do like squats!
A1: Back Squat (4 sets x 8 reps @ 65%)
A2: Front Squat (4 sets x 4 reps @ back squat weight)

Conditioning
Metcon (Time)
-30 calorie Airdyne==Aweful Machine
-25ft inch worm== (aweful movement...)
-20 calorie Airdyne
-50ft inch worm
-10 calorie Airdyne
-75ft inch worm
Supplemental
Plank holds (1 sets x ME)

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Ended up lifting!

Workout
4 sets Flat Bench12R @ 95, 10r@135,6r@155lb,6r till failure on 135
3 sets Incline bench , 95lbs
4 sets High Cable crossovers
2 sets Low cable
*Pushups between most sets
3 sets straight bar pulldown
3 sets tricep extensions
3 Sets wide grip pull downs
2 sets dumbbell rows
3 sets incline bench bicep curls.

All in 50 minutes LMAO!!

I did not feel a need to rest much!

Chest was exploded and arms too!

Ragnorok ftw!!

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Your workouts are intense !! I would definitely die.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
I had asked in your other thread if the latest tubs were any different (formula, etc.) from the ones I bought around 3Q2016? (from which I have 1 left, but I cycle through different PWOs a lot :)).
Ah sorry, my man! Somehow I missed that. As far as I'm aware they should be the same. I haven't noticed any change and no one said anything to me.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Thanks.

Saturday was the big day of working out. Not only did I double up with barbell class and crossfit, but I had to take down a large mulberry tree. Carrying all the limbs up a steep hill. Was beat up pretty hard.

I'll post workout later when I get to a computer.

The pre workout is doing its job!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Little late..

Barbbell
A: Power Snatch + Snatch Balance (40-50/3+3 x 4 sets) 95lbs
B: Snatch Pull + Low Hang Snatch (50/3, 60/3, 70/2, 75/2, 80/2 )Hit 135lbs for 2!! Thats the current 1 rep max!
*After pull, bring the bar back down until the plates are approx. 3" off the floor.This made it very difficult.
C: Clean Pull + Low Hang Clean + Jerk (50/3, 60/3, 70/2, 75/2, 80/2 )Hit 165 for 2, then attempted 185 but missed it
*After pull, bring the bar back down until the plates are approx. 3" off the floor. ROUGH

Team WOD

Warm-up
Metcon (Time)
5 rounds each for time:
-5 burpees while partner holds a plank

Conditioning
Teams of 2:

AMRAP 20 min:
-20 double unders/60 singles each
-15 weighted sit ups each (20/14)
-10 alt. DB clean and jerks each (45/35)(35/25)
-5 Deadlifts each (22/155)(185/125)

I was partnered with an older athlete that is a little higher end. I was pushing him at the end! I had so much endurance for this one!! We got 6 rounds and 25 reps

Ragnorok powered me up big time. I was able to maintain a high level of strength and not spike my heart rate too badly. It was un real performance!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Nice. You and ManimalPatB are straight killing it with the Rag logs! I've known this stuff was legit for a while now, as a rep. But it's nice to spread the word and show others how amazing this stuff really is. ESPECIALLY the stim free version! So glad it's working well for you, boss!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Nice. You and ManimalPatB are straight killing it with the Rag logs! I've known this stuff was legit for a while now, as a rep. But it's nice to spread the word and show others how amazing this stuff really is. ESPECIALLY the stim free version! So glad it's working well for you, boss!
Hell ya!

Still Rok'n here!!

I wanted to skip yesterday because I knew it would suck hard.

Strength was

5 sets of 10-12 toes to bar

Wod

For time:
1000m row
75 burpee box jumps YUK!
1000m row

I am historically a ****ty rower lol. Not a rowers body at all! I setup next to a pretty strong rower so I assumed he would kick my ass, but I would try to keep up. He is tough to beat at 500m and less but he starts sucking wind and not quite as strong in the end. I maintained a good pace and kicked it in hard at the end. I ended up only 10 seconds behind him. Burpees and box jumps are my strength so i knew I would destroy him there!

Ragnorok kicked in hard and allowed me to get my breath and heart rate managed. I love how quick I can catch my breath. I dominated the 5pm class and placed 4th overall male with 17:24!

I am honestly surprised a did so well in a rowing workout!!

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hell ya!

Still Rok'n here!!

I wanted to skip yesterday because I knew it would suck hard.

Strength was

5 sets of 10-12 toes to bar

Wod

For time:
1000m row
75 burpee box jumps YUK!
1000m row

I am historically a ****ty rower lol. Not a rowers body at all! I setup next to a pretty strong rower so I assumed he would kick my ass, but I would try to keep up. He is tough to beat at 500m and less but he starts sucking wind and not quite as strong in the end. I maintained a good pace and kicked it in hard at the end. I ended up only 10 seconds behind him. Burpees and box jumps are my strength so i knew I would destroy him there!

Ragnorok kicked in hard and allowed me to get my breath and heart rate managed. I love how quick I can catch my breath. I dominated the 5pm class and placed 4th overall male with 17:24!

I am honestly surprised a did so well in a rowing workout!!
Good job brother!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was a bad leg day lol,

Strength
For each set, do the back squats, rack the bar, and immediately pick it up anf complete the front squats.==This is 225lbs for me
A1: Back Squat (4 sets x 6 reps @ 70%)
A2: Front Squat (4 sets x 3 reps @ same weight used for BS)

Screaming at the end. Brutal. But made it

Our coach is sick, programmed a run after leg destruction.. Felt like concrete legs at first

Conditioning
1-Mile Run (Time)
Max Effort 1-Mile Run

All in all I did well. I hit a 7:20 mile. 4th best again... I am ok with this. My best was 7:00 at the end of summer last year when I was 10lbs lighter and running a bit.

Again, Ragnorok helped push me through this workout. I was gasping for air like fatty mgee at the top of the stairs when I got back from the run, but my breathing and heart rate came back down pretty quick compared to usual.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Nothing could save me from sucking at yesterdays workout!

Historically I have weak shoulders. So anything from shoulder to overhead kills me... I am not sure why.

So handstand pushups were in the workout as well as a high low carry which was to hold either a 16kg kettlebell over head and a 35lb dumbbell below waist or vice versa. Not super heavy at first, but wow did this compound with the handstand pushups.

Conditioning
AMRAP 16 minutes:

RX:===I got 6 rounds and 2 reps. Not great, 6 out of 11 males
-8 HSPU
-6Sumo Deadlift High Pulls(75/55)
-4 lengths of Hi-Lo carries (16kg+35#/12kg+25#)

Skill
GHD Situps (4 sets x 12 reps)
Reverse Hypers (4 sets x 12 reps)

My heart rate never spiked, but my shoulders were FRIED

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Saturday was an ass kicker.

Barbell
We had complexes for lifts. For example:
Snatch pull, low hang snatch Would be one rep, scheme was 4Reps@60%,4Reps@65%,3reps@70%,3reps%75%, 3reps at 80%
% based on 1 rep max! WOW Rough! I made it to 115lbs which is actulally 85%!! Sweet!
Also had to do clean pull,low hand clean, and split jerk! BRUTAL
Same scheme as snatches... I was dead at the end with 145lbs.. which is 78%. So close to my 80%. So not terrible.

Team WOD
Conditioning
Teams of 4. Each team will split into pairs. One pair will start or WOD A and the other on WOD B. Rest 4:00 after the WOD, and switch. Score is the total reps completed by both pairs.
Metcon (AMRAP - Reps)
WOD A:

AMRAP 8 minutes:
-8 calorie row
-8 burpees
-8 Russian KB swings (24kg/16kg)(16kg/12kg)
-8 pull ups or ring rows

WOD B:

AMRAP 8 minutes:
-8 calorie Airdyne
-8 burpees
-8 goblet squats (24kg/16kg)(16kg/12kg)
-8 push ups

we were a team of 3. I pushed the other 2 guys pretty hard! Great endurance again thanks to Ragnorok!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
So monday was aweful!! It was the hottest day so far and the doors were shut due to rain. So humid I started sweating just walking into the gym!

I had all intentions of doubling up but that did not happen.

Strength
To perform a set, do 4 back squats, rack the bar, immediately pick it up, and do 2 front squats.
Back Squat (4 sets x 4 reps @ 75%)
Front Squat (4 sets x 2 reps @ BS weight)
This was brutal, My front squat 1 rep max is 265. This workout put the bar at 245lbs. Only got 1 rep per set but I got all 4 reps in.

Had to break 3 times! Sucky

AMRAP 20 minutes

RX/RX+:
-20 wall balls 20lbs
-15 Deadlifts 185lbs
-10 DB Clusters 35lbs

*Any time you break a movement up perform 5 burpees

Had to break 3 times! Sucky but I did get 3 rounds and 27 reps in. 6 out of 13 males.

I was destroyed from this workout.

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Tough Monday! We all have those days, though. What matters is how you push through and get it done anyway. Right?

How has the rest of your week been? Still getting a nice bump from RagNOrok, I assume?

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
I missed 2 days this week. I bought a boat Thursday so that took my day. I felt better than usual going Into the workouts. I doubled up today! The team workout was pretty rough but I kept up with the best of them! Great pre workout still!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Another workout Roked!

Monday:

Warm-up
5:00 of double under practice then,
2 rounds:
- X-band walks (10 steps each direction)
-20 walking lunges
-10 Sumo Deadlifts (empty bar)
-10 Russian KB swings (light)

Mobility
Accumulate 90 sec in the bottom of a PERFECT squat.
Strength

Front Rack Box Squat (Work up to 1RM in 8-10 sets)=No Idea what to expect here. Never done these. Saw a pretty high weight at 295lbs!
Conditioning

Metcon (Time)=My time was 6:18! Pretty damn good. Second Fastest time!!!
For time:
30-20-10
-Calories on Rower
21-15-9
-Deadlifts 185lbs

I was able to calm my breathing enough to get through this workout relatively fast!

Rag helped me yet again!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Did really well yesterday!

Warm-up
2 rounds w/ a light KB:
-5 KB push presses per arm
-5 single arm Russian KB swings per arm
-5 KB windmills each arm
-5 Rev. lunges per leg (KB in front rack)
-5 burpees

Mobility
With a Lax ball, spend 30 sec on:
-pecs
-scapular
-triceps

Strength
A: Shoulder Press (Find 1RM in 8-10 sets)=PR ar 115lbs!
B: KB Bent Over Row (3 sets x 15 per arm)Did 24kg all 15 reps last set

Conditioning==Hit 10 rounds and 10 reps! 3rd best male!
AMRAP 12 minutes:
-10 KB swings 24kg
-10 wall balls 20lb

Was able to keep a great pace until the last round when I was able to go all out!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Ran a pretty crazy workout Saturday. 30 m inutes long. Rag kept me going.
Today I had to take off due to my daughters softball game. Back at it tomorrow.

Ragnorok will be put to the test Saturday! I. Running the Spartan Beast in Ohio. Up to 14 miles of hell!
Probably going to take 6 hours to complete. I will need as much help as possible!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Well tuesday was rough and wednesday was an ass kicker!

Tueday I felt strong util the end.

Warm-up
With a partner, complete 2 round of:
-30 alt wall balls
-15 chest passes with med ball
-10 alt. burpees (5 each)

Mobility
W/ an empty barbell:
-5 OH squats
-3 Hang muscle snatch
-5 OH squats
-3 Hang power snatch
-5 OH squats
-3 snatch grip push press

Strength
Hang Power Snatch (5 sets x 4 reps)=Hit 105lbs
Increase weight each set, but focus on cycling the barbell with proper form.

Conditioning
Metcon (Time)==16:42 8th out of 15
RX+/RX
4 rounds for time:
-21 wallballs 20lbs
-15 lateral burpees over bar
-9 OH squats 115lbs

Yesterday was a killer

Warm-up
3 rounds:
-5 bent over rows (empty barbell)
-5 yoga push ups
-5 push presses (empty barbell)
-10 band pushdowns
-10 band pull aparts

*Go through at a SLOW pace.

Mobility
-20 Wall slides
-banded lat stretch x 1:00/side

Strength/Skill
Close Grip Chin Ups (5 sets x 5 reps (weighted if possible))==weighted with 20lbs!

Conditioning
Metcon (AMRAP - Rounds and Reps)==Rough! got 4 rounds and 65 reps! 6th out of 12
AMRAP 20 minutes:
-500m row
-15 SDHP w/ KB (24kg/16kg)(16kg/12kg)
-15 step down box jumps (24"/20")(20"/16")

*RX+ will add 2-3 ring muscle ups at the end of each round.
Extra Credit
California Presses ((w/ DB): 3 sets x 15 reps)

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Took yesterday and today off as preparation for tomorrow!

Spartan Beast! 12-14 miles of hell!
I didn't want anything to be sore!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Spartan Complete!

I am feeling it today though.. DAMN! 14 Miles of hell was a spot on statement!

I can tell you though when Ragnorok kicked in I was feeling awesome up to mile 5. I let my friend have a scoop and he was absolutely LOVING it. He said he felt like he could run forever. He does not train cardio at all, but he said he felt like he could manage his heart rate and breathing way better! He may be buying some soon! So the results speak for themselves!!!

I absolutely love this product! I am getting towards the end of the tub though unfortunately. So I will wrap this up soon. I have a few more servings to go. So I will l live it up!

I will have to skip crossfit today as both of my calves cramped at the race and my right quad cramped as well. This was a very painful experience. I have never had a quad cramp in my life...
I will do some lifting today though.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Put in a great lifting day yesterday! In an hour I was able to get

4 sets of flat bench
3 sets incline DB bench
2 sets low cable fly
2 sets mid cable fly
3 sets straight bar pull downs
3 sets db pull overs
3 sets straight bar pushdowns
2 sets single cable tricep extensions
2 sets straight bar bicep curls
3 sets incline bench db bicep curls (devestating)

Great strength throughout and awesome focus.

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Just got back from Cheat Lake WV. Got to enjoy the boat a little bit on the lake!

Been slacking with the gym. Will be back in there today.

Couple more servings left!

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back! I've been gone myself. Looking forward to hearing about your last few sessions as well as your final review. Something tells me you've enjoyed the product.... :)

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Had a pretty good workout last night. Under the weather of course... What started as allergies ended up being a head cold.

Warm-up
5:00 Double under practice, then:
-3 muscle cleans
-3 push presses
-3 power cleans
-3 push jerks
-3 cleans
-3 split jerks

Mobility
3 sets of:
-5 cook squats with OH reach
-5 reverse lunges
-5 presses in split
-20 sec couch stretch each leg

Strength/Skill
Pause Back Squat (20:00 to work up to a 3RM)==I hit 265 for 3reps
2 second pause @ bottom

Conditioning
Metcon (AMRAP - Rounds)
EMOM 10 minutes:

Even min:===I completed all rounds without stopping.
-6 T&G power clean & jerks 115lbs
Odd minutes
-10/8/6 calorie row

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Rough and crappy workout last night.

Warm-up
With a light KB:
-10 Russian KB swings (5/arm)
-10 push presses (5/arm
-10 alt. step ups
-10 KB rows each arm
-10 SDHP
-10 step down box jumps

Then 5:00 of the PVC Game.
Mobility
Foam rolling:
-IT bands
-Quads
-Lats
Conditioning

Metcon (Time)
For time:==I got 17:13 Airdyne is freaking brutal, Forearms were shot with the kettlebell swings.
-100 KB swings (24kg/16kg)(16kg/12kg)
-75 calorie Airdyne
-50 step down box jumps (24"/20)(20"/16")
-25 strict pull ups/ banded pull ups
Strength/Skill
3 rounds of:
A1: Reverse Lunge (6 reps per leg (front rack w/ barbell) )
A2: Plank holds (30 seconds (single arm + single leg))
A3: DB Hammer Curls (10 reps)

habajaba

habajaba

Awards
  • Established
Boo! But hey, at least you got it done. On to the next day!

jayo84

jayo84

Awards
  • Established
Boo! But hey, at least you got it done. On to the next day!
Thanks. Yeah It was just crappy.

Rag is my saving grace lol. Still get a good tingle from it!