Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Product:
VEIN NUTRITION - BLOODSHOT

Background:
Hey guys, so I was fortunate to win a tub of Bloodshot for logging and review. 3x log per week, initial review, final review, and review on AM and VN website.
In the comic books the character Bloodshot gets some nanites in his body that give him abilities of superhuman strength, stamina, endurance, healing, .. the list goes on! I am hoping I get a little some of that good stuff from this! HAHA!

Product Info:
Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Servings: 30
*Citrulline Malate 4000mg
*Beta Alanine 2000mg
*Rhodiola Rosea 300mg
*Caffeine 200mg
*N-phenethyl dimethylamine 100mg
*1,3-dimethylamylamine - DMAA 60mg
*1,4-dimethylamylamine - DMAA 60mg
*Noopept 60mg

From Vein Nutrition recommendations:
"...120mg DMAA a serving is a lot! We recommend if you have a longer workout, take half of a scoop pre workout and then sip on the other half during your workout so you don't crash. If you have a short workout that's high intensity on your heart then take a half scoop to asset first..."

This product looks promising and recommended to me by Blueline. My tracking tells me that the product will be delivered tonight...So tomorrow it begins..

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
VeinNutrition blueline438 smith_69 Marms

Congrats and looking forward to your thoughts!

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
Damn exciting stuff wonder if everyone's got mailed out about the same time

Spdrcr456

Spdrcr456

Awards
Sweet. Looking forward to seeing what you think about it as well.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! Hope my samples are in soon too

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Subbed

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Subbed, have you tried Mesomorph, SP250, Riot or Dust Extreme, i am interested to know how it compares.

Spdrcr456

Spdrcr456

Awards
I have the new version of dust extreme. With Dmha in it. I'm going to be comparing it to bloodshot and ape**** side by side.

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
Mine is being held by local customs for valuation of tax....still waiting.....

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gentlemen,

My initial review... but before I begin ... This sh*t is awesome! A couple of things to note: I purposely did not eat anything last night so that I can be completely on an empty stomach in the morning and I purposely did not drink my BCAAs intra-workout to obtain the closest effects of the product by itself.

Gym Session Breakdown:
PWO Stack
-Upon opening the tub, powder flew.. I don't mind it was just the product telling me wake up homeboy you are in for some sh*t. I mixed 1 scoop into 8 oz of water and shook it up in the Vein Nutrition provided shaker cup. The color did not look appealing. Looked like some sort of cleaning product and it had a lot of foam build up at the top that never settled. It got lower but still remained. I drank about 4 oz at around 4:12 a.m. added some water and was at the gym hitting my first rep at around 4:50 a.m.
IMG_4252.JPG

Chest & Back
-Superset (SS)
-Bench Press/ Wide Grip Chins
115 lbs x30, 155 lbs x 9,8,8, 145 lbs x 8, 165 x 3, drop 155 x 3
-SS
-BB Incline Press/T-bar rows
5 sets x 8 reps/ 5 x 8
-SS.
-DB Fly & Press hybrid / Cable Rows
5 x 12
-SS
-Dips/ Closegrip pull downs
4 x 10
-SS
-Cable Chest Flys / Rope lat pullovers
3 x 12
-No time for cardio. But I added some crunches & leg raises into the mix
Finaflex Active Multivitamin
-Through the Day
Stance BCAA
C&P Helios

Initial Review

Taste: 10/10
I know I chose the odd one out of the flavors and I am particularly not crazy about blackberries. Even though this product did not look appealing while sitting there in my shaker cup at 7 oz and 2 oz of foam... DAMN was it good! These guys nailed it. Not sour, good balance of flavor. After adding about 3 oz of water after drinking half of it the taste was great. I know this might be blasphemy, but I liked the taste better than rocket pop mesomorph (only one I have tried). I say this because I did not taste any metallic like after taste that I tasted with Meso. I would love to taste Bloodshot other flavor.

Mixability: 9.5/10
No issues. No clumping. No particles left. Only excessive foam .. this is not a Guinness.. but hey whatever the pros outweigh this. I also added a lot of water after a few sips in through my workout perhaps at about 3 oz i filled it with water to about 10oz just to make it last.

Effectiveness: 10/10
This thing took a while to hit, maybe because I workout very early. It took around 35-40 minutes to completely wake me. On my very first set, half way through, the Beta kicked in full throttle and this was not even drinking the full dosage. DAMN man the beta went from my face down to my feet. Even my butt-cheeks were tingling LOL!! After finishing it half way through workout it just made me focus and hit the weights hard and consistent. I was not gassing out. I could have stayed longer and I still wanted to keep lifting. I also want to note I felt the N-phenethyl dimethylamine thermo effect. Not as intense but my temp was up and I was sweating nicely. The pump was good and got me a nice swoleness, but nothing crazy. Now to the DMAA.. This did not give me that euphoric feeling like I stepped into another dimension like my first dose of Mesomorph and Pehnadrine, but it elevated my mood, I felt happy and focused. Maybe because of the way I dosed it? No crash! Usually by the time I am at work right now at 9 a.m. or even the drive to work around 7 a.m I would be crashing!

Conclusion: 9.8/10
I loved it. Next time I am trying a full scoop before getting to the gym.

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great first impression mowg! I noticed that I don't get a huge rush when I take it like some pwo. If I take it first thing in the morning it seems to take a while to kick it. I've learned the best time to take it for me is about a half mile from my home on the way to the gym. Lol. Once I drop the kids off at the nursery about 10-12 minutes later I start feeling the BA. when it really sets in is when I start stretching and warming up. That's when the headphones go in and it's time. Lol.

As for the foam. Lol. You may be shaking to hard too. Lol. I just give it a few tosses and down the hatch it goes. You gotta get used to them new muscles man. Your gonna break stuff.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great first impression mowg! I noticed that I don't get a huge rush when I take it like some pwo. If I take it first thing in the morning it seems to take a while to kick it. I've learned the best time to take it for me is about a half mile from my home on the way to the gym. Lol. Once I drop the kids off at the nursery about 10-12 minutes later I start feeling the BA. when it really sets in is when I start stretching and warming up. That's when the headphones go in and it's time. Lol.
Nice! Are you taking full 1 scoop pre? Also, have you experienced any appetite suppression? I just got hungry 5 hours later after my oats and egg

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Nice! Are you taking full 1 scoop pre? Also, have you experienced any appetite suppression? I just got hungry 5 hours later after my oats and egg
There's only one "TRUE" way to take it man. Full scoop. Lol. I actually take a level scoop or a hair less. It's definitely not rounded. Lol. I fill up the scooper and give it some shakes to level out. If a little to
Much comes out that fine by me.
Yes. I am seeing the effect from the 1,4. I used to be so famished after my workouts that I couldn't wait to eat when I got home. Now I feel pretty good and it doesn't bother me as much. I try and eat within a decent time frame though because I'm trying to gain weight right now though. Lol

DUbz86

DUbz86

Awards
  • Established
There's only one "TRUE" way to take it man. Full scoop. Lol. I actually take a level scoop or a hair less. It's definitely not rounded. Lol. I fill up the scooper and give it some shakes to level out. If a little to
Yes. I am seeing the effect from the 1,4. I used to be so famished after my workouts that I couldn't wait to eat when I got home. Now I feel pretty good and it doesn't bother me as much. I try and eat within a decent time frame though because I'm trying to gain weight right now though. Lol
Did I hear double scoop hahaha

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Haha! Yea, i'm going to take the full scoop at home prior to hitting gym next time.
I'm glad to hear about the appetite suppression. I am usually the same as you. Starving and graze about every 2-3 hrs, but today i made it through meetings and running up and down the office without even thinking of food. this is good for me because I was damn near breaking yesterday and was craving pizza and french fries

ECWHY

Awards
Awesome, and very thorough first review!

That workout time might be a reason for the longer time to fully awake. How early do you wake up prior to taking the PWO?

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, and very thorough first review!

That workout time might be a reason for the longer time to fully awake. How early do you wake up prior to taking the PWO?
A few minutes like 5-10 min haha. Alarm is at 4:00am and i am up by like 4:10 am

ECWHY

Awards
A few minutes like 5-10 min haha. Alarm is at 4:00am and i am up by like 4:10 am
That might do it, but I can't imagine waking up any earlier. I usually take 30min-1hr to wake up even with 5-6 cups of coffee in the morning. I know you said you had no time for cardio, but maybe warming up with it for 5-10 min to get a sweat going might help wake you up before the first lift.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That might do it, but I can't imagine waking up any earlier. I usually take 30min-1hr to wake up even with 5-6 cups of coffee in the morning. I know you said you had no time for cardio, but maybe warming up with it for 5-10 min to get a sweat going might help wake you up before the first lift.
Yea, sometimes I do have time for cardio but sometimes I get carried away lifting and burning out or resting longer to push my strength with some compounds. Today i got carried away pumping my chest haha

JAMES1980

JAMES1980

Awards
Respect. I had a similiar training hours when i just got married. Up at 4.30 a.m. and train at 5.30 a.m. because my wife wanted me to choose between her and bodybuilding.....too bad i have no access to pre workout at that moment.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Respect. I had a similiar training hours when i just got married. Up at 4.30 a.m. and train at 5.30 a.m. because my wife wanted me to choose between her and bodybuilding.....too bad i have no access to pre workout at that moment.
Yea we get to adjust and fit it in our day. The benefit of morning is that I avoid the jungle gym that it turns to in the evening

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Did I hear double scoop hahaha
Heck no man! I have some respect for myself. Lol. Maybe a rounded scoop one day. But bloodshot is no joke. Lol.

I feel you mowg on the early time lifting. Not sure if I posted it but when I was working out at 5am I noticed too that it took FOREVER for my pwo to kick in.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gym Session Breakdown:
PWO Stack
-Bloodhshot: 1 scoop
(Intra - Stance BCAAs w/ 1 scoop C&P Permaswole)

Back & Biceps
-Wide Grip Chins
*4 x 12
-Chin Ups
*4 x 10
*These took a while and split them into rest pause sessions.
-Row Machine
4 x 12, drop sets on last
-T-Bar Rows
-DB Curls
6 x 12, drop sets on last
-EZ Bar Curls
-Cable Bar Curls
-Cardio
12 min on stair master
1 scoop Muscle tech platinum creatine mono
-Through the Day
Helios

Comments/Thoughts
Today was a very different experience with Bloodshot. I mixed 1 scoop into 12 oz and drank about 7 oz. The rest I mixed with my BCAA and Chaos & Pain Permaswole. I sipped on this on my way to the gym and while lifting. The foam was significantly reduced this time, but I twirled it more and did more of a flipping of the shaker to see if I could mitigate it. It worked.
Bloodshot took FOREVER to kick in today and I was starting to get scared that it wouldn't work! I believe I know what affected it. I got back in from Vegas yesterday mid day. I was out there since Thursday night haha and I did not sleep well at all and I was extra tired this morning. The other thing is yesterday I ate horribly. I had a huge veggie and shrimp burrito with beans and rice for brunch and then in the evening at our family Easter gathering I ate nothing but beans and rice. I woke up feeling extra bloated.. I haven't eaten yet as I am still full from the damn food. It initially woke me up and I felt some energy but nothing noticeable. Not until about 50 minutes in did I feel the BA kick in and the focus slowly creep in. Then the BA was constant for about 30 minutes. Even after 2 hours from first taking it my forearms were itchy. I had a great workout a little over half way through and the pump was excellent. Let's see how it works tomorrow for some deadlifts and a recovered stomach.

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gym Session Breakdown:
PWO Stack
(Intra - Stance BCAAs w/ 1 scoop C&P Permaswole)

Back & Biceps
-Wide Grip Chins
*4 x 12
-Chin Ups
*4 x 10
*These took a while and split them into rest pause sessions.
-Row Machine
-T-Bar Rows
-DB Curls
6 x 12, drop sets on last
-EZ Bar Curls
-Cable Bar Curls
-Cardio
12 min on stair master
-Through the Day
Helios

Comments/Thoughts
Today was a very different experience with Bloodshot. I mixed 1 scoop into 12 oz and drank about 7 oz. The rest I mixed with my BCAA and Chaos & Pain Permaswole. I sipped on this on my way to the gym and while lifting. The foam was significantly reduced this time, but I twirled it more and did more of a flipping of the shaker to see if I could mitigate it. It worked.
Bloodshot took FOREVER to kick in today and I was starting to get scared that it wouldn't work! I believe I know what affected it. I got back in from Vegas yesterday mid day. I was out there since Thursday night haha and I did not sleep well at all and I was extra tired this morning. The other thing is yesterday I ate horribly. I had a huge veggie and shrimp burrito with beans and rice for brunch and then in the evening at our family Easter gathering I ate nothing but beans and rice. I woke up feeling extra bloated.. I haven't eaten yet as I am still full from the damn food. It initially woke me up and I felt some energy but nothing noticeable. Not until about 50 minutes in did I feel the BA kick in and the focus slowly creep in. Then the BA was constant for about 30 minutes. Even after 2 hours from first taking it my forearms were itchy. I had a great workout a little over half way through and the pump was excellent. Let's see how it works tomorrow for some deadlifts and a recovered stomach.
hmmm vegas .. no sleep go figure hahahahaha. I know that no rest/sleep feeling and its not fun.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gym Session Breakdown:
PWO Stack
(Intra - Stance BCAAs)

Hams & Calves
-Lying Leg Curls
4 x 12, drop on last set
-Seated Leg Curls
4 x 12, burn out on last set
-Deadlifts
225 x 10, 225 x 10, 275 x 3, 275 x 4, 135 x 10 romanian deads
-Seated Calf Raises
8 x 20
-Standing Calf Raises w/ Smith Machine
6 x 20
-Cardio
Scheduled to play a soccer pick-up game in the evening
-Through the Day
Helios

Comments/Thoughts
Took a full scoop at 4:15 am and was hitting the weights by 4:50 am. BA, focus, and energy kicked in at around 4:55 and then a constant supply throughout my workout! Today was a good day. The focus was on point and it brought out some good strength by allowing me to concentrate on my deadlift form without getting that over stim power that sometimes gets you too hyped to go for a deadlift and you get a little careless on form. I am loving the thermogenic effects I get from this! I'll see if I get hungry a little later, but so far every time I take this it suppresses my appetite.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will be taking a serving differently today. My calves are still super sore, but slowly getting better today so that is why I switched my routine and making my gym session tonight my Friday night party haha. I hit calves tuesday morning, then played soccer for like 2 hours that night, then while still feeling sore I played softball on Thursday lol so giving it another 12-13 hours of recovery.. I'm excited to see how this hits in the evening as opposed to the morning when I just wake up.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gym Session Breakdown:
PWO Stack

Quads
Squat PR attempt.
Damn I suck
265 lbs
Lunges
-25lbs x 12, 3x40lbsx12
Single Leg Leg Press
-4 x 45lbs each side x 12, last set burn out nody weight
Leg Ext
-2x130lbsx12, 2x160x12, last set drops

Comments/Thoughts
Damn it hit me fast in 15 min! The focus was great, but i did not feel that crazy energy like when I take in the morning. Still had a great workout. Taste with 6oz is garbage. Added more water and it was delicious.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thank you for your detailed log and feedback. It not only helps us but others looking to what to expect when they order Bloodshot. Even though we are all different, it gives a good foundation and viewpoint.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you for your detailed log and feedback. It not only helps us but others looking to what to expect when they order Bloodshot. Even though we are all different, it gives a good foundation and viewpoint.
Also thank you for this opportunity. It is turning out to be one of my favorite pre's just because if the focus, pumps, and the mind muscle connection which leads to more pumps. My shoulders were jacked today and i hit legs

Marms

Marms

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also thank you for this opportunity. It is turning out to be one of my favorite pre's just because if the focus, pumps, and the mind muscle connection which leads to more pumps. My shoulders were jacked today and i hit legs
GREAT FEEDBACK !!!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gym Session Breakdown:
PWO Stack
-Bloodshot: 1 scoop
(Intra - Stance BCAAs)

Legs
-Squat:
-Straight Leg DL:
-Leg Ext:
-Leg Curl:
-Sit Calf:
-Stand Calf:
-Cardio: 10 min Elliptical
-Through the Day
Helios

Comments/Thoughts
I had a blast today. The focus was so great and powered through the lifts like nothing. The thermogenic was also on point. :)

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gym Session Breakdown:
PWO Stack
-Bloodshot: 1 scoop
(Intra - Stance BCAAs)

Back
-Deadlift:
-Pullups:
-Closegrip cable rows:
-Lat pulldown:
-SA DB Row:
-Read DB Delt Fly:
-Cable curls:
-cardio: none
-Through the Day
Helios

Comments/Thoughts
Awesome workout! Super focused and connected the lats throughout! This pre keeps getting better and better

ECWHY

Awards
Awesome, seems like a great product!

patrick25

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a damn shame the formula is going to change already.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No log today. Some family matters came up. Hopefully tomorrow for pull hypertrophy day

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gym Session Breakdown:
PWO Stack
(Intra - Stance BCAAs)

Pull Hypertrophy
-T-Bar Row: 140 lbs
-Incline DB Row: 60-65 lbs
-Lat Pulldown: 140 lbs *drop sets on last set
-Cable Row: 140 lbs *drop sets on last set
-Rope lat pulldown: 40 lbs
-Rear DB Delt fly: 20 lbs *superset with DB curls
-21's Curl with straight Bar
-Cardio: none
-Through the Day
Helios

Comments/Thoughts
Super sick pump today. Goddamn focus was off the charts today!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It has come to my attention that I have been double dosing Bloodshot because of a manufacturer mistake. Fortunately, I am still alive, but it is unfortunate that such an error occurred. I will shoot for taking a week off to give my body a chance to bounce back from such high doses of DMAA. Luckily, no major side effects or no issues from taking such high dose. I am happy about that.. but it is still scary to think that such an error occurred.

ECWHY

Awards
It has come to my attention that I have been double dosing Bloodshot because of a manufacturer mistake. Fortunately, I am still alive, but it is unfortunate that such an error occurred. I will shoot for taking a week off to give my body a chance to bounce back from such high doses of DMAA. Luckily, no major side effects or no issues from taking such high dose. I am happy about that.. but it is still scary to think that such an error occurred.
Jesus. That is actually really scary. Glad you didn't get any major side effects and the rest is a great idea.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
That is some high dose of DMAA there, i have never gone over around 75mg which is whats in Dust Extreme.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gym Session Breakdown:
PWO Stack
-Bloodhshot: 1 correct scoop
(Intra - Stance BCAAs)

Pull Hypertrophy
-T-Bar Row: 140-165 lbs
-Bent over DB Row: 70 lbs
-Lat Pulldown: 140 lbs
-Cable Row: 140 lbs
-Rope lat pulldown: 40 lbs
-Rear DB Delt fly: 20 lbs
-21's Curl with DBs
-Cardio: none
*superset w/ reverse grip ez curls
**superset w/ spider curls
Comments/Thoughts
Great pump, great muscle mind connection. I still love it and it feels great at a real dosage!
Taste: 9/10
I love the blackberry lemonade. It still tastes great
Effectiveness: 10/10
At a real scoop it performs freaking amazing. I had great focus, of course not as intense as with the over scoop, but still very clean.
Conclusion: 9.5/10
This is one of my favorite pre's... too bad it will be gone. The error scoop only made me waste half of the tub because at 1 scoop the effectiveness is still superb. Double scoop error was a waste of a product and somehow the stims seem to saturate because like i said the 1 scoop at only 200mg of caffeine hit me great!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gym Session Breakdown:
PWO Stack
-Bloodhshot: 1 correct scoop
(Intra - Stance BCAAs)

Lower Power
-Squat: 245 lbs
-SLDL: 235-245 lbs
-Leg Ext: 180-205 lbs
-Leg Curl: 170 lbs
-Sit Calf: 235-245 lbs
-Calf on leg press machine: 310-350 lbs
-Cardio: 5:27 min jog treadmill. 0.6 miles
Comments/Thoughts
Another amazing workout. Focus + Power.

ECWHY

Awards
Really unfortunate about the serving size error. Glad 1 scoop is still effective after using 2 for a bit!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really unfortunate about the serving size error. Glad 1 scoop is still effective after using 2 for a bit!
Yea i took a week off just to reset my system. There is a bit more of a kick with the incorrect dosage, but not a whole lot. Definitely not worth reducing your tub to 15 servings. haha.